facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Support

Support Help & Support

Old June 19, 2012, 08:30 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Default Required time between posts

It used to be 30 seconds, which was bad during match time...but now I noticed its 60 s which is even worse, esp for T20 cricket.

Admins, can it be changed to 10 seconds, because during match time its difficult to have to wait to post game-time comments.

Thanks.

#OneTeam1Dream

Old June 19, 2012, 08:35 AM
Administrator

Go to chat.
Old June 19, 2012, 08:38 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

^^^ then whats the point of having MT ? Post game analysis ?
Old June 19, 2012, 08:53 AM
Administrator

More detailed or involved commentary on the game as it progresses. I don't see the utility of typing 4 and 6 or 1111 on an MT. This is an asynchronous interaction medium. If you need synchronous interaction chat is a better medium.
Old June 19, 2012, 09:00 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
More detailed or involved commentary on the game as it progresses. I don't see the utility of typing 4 and 6 or 1111 on an MT. This is an asynchronous interaction medium. If you need synchronous interaction chat is a better medium.
Thanks.

I also don't like people posting only '444', 111', '222' almost every ball. Thus, i dont have any problem with 60s barrier.
Old June 19, 2012, 11:49 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

I heard nadim used to get 5 seconds between posts
Old June 19, 2012, 03:25 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammedc
i heard nadim used to get 5 seconds between posts
lolllllllllllllll

#OneTeam1Dream
Old June 19, 2012, 03:26 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Go to chat.
It used ot be 30 seconds...and that was fine, can we go back to 30 please?

#OneTeam1Dream
Old June 19, 2012, 04:07 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Before it showed the spirit of the game. But now it's abused to increase post counts.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old June 19, 2012, 05:04 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Realistically, what actually happens within 60 seconds in a cricket game? A ball is usually dead within 10 to 20 seconds after delivery. If you experienced that 30 secs or so game play, you can write all about it in the next 60 seconds (while bowler gets ready for the next delivery). So 60sec restriction should not be a problem at all.

If you want to reply to multiple people, then use the "+ button to reply all at once. Making 3 posts one after another to 3 individuals on similar event/activity just increases post count.

60sec restriction forces user to be more thoughtful about their post. Posting 444444 22222 100s of time just increases post count. Honestly that's not fair for those who participate in the chat room.
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old June 19, 2012, 10:16 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Before it showed the spirit of the game. But now it's abused to increase post counts.
does post count matters?..i mean whats with the hulabula about this
Old June 19, 2012, 10:20 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
does post count matters?..i mean whats with the hulabula about this
I think it's compensation for lack of size.
Old June 19, 2012, 10:58 PM
Cricket Guru

I hardly bother about 'Post Count'. If it was possible to reduce 'time barrier', 'word barrier' in exchange of my all post counts, i would be very happy to do that. I want to share feelings, opinions here, NOT to increase post counts. The problem with Chat is that, no one bothers to read what you write and no one scroll up to read what i wrote earlier. Everyone writes as he/she likes. Moreover, hardly enough people in chat and those who are in chat, busy chatting with some known individual. Sometimes it feels like 'unwanted guest' in chat room.

PS: Its my personal opinion. Nothing against any BC rules, or policy. I am either happy with barrier, no barrier. Thanks
Old June 19, 2012, 11:16 PM
Administrator

Good points Rinku. Hopefully, there is a happy medium. Even in the forum, many people do not scroll a back a page or they are mostly too busy posting and not reading what what others have been posting. I personally prefer to watch the game and then make on and off comments on the side. The chat is perfect for that. I'm not saying anything that needs to be preserved for all eternity - and if it does, I'll write an article. That's one reason you'll hardly find me in an MT.

Oh and about feeling like an unwanted guest - my fault. I told everyone to ignore you. My gang is very powerful.

M
Old June 20, 2012, 12:11 AM
Cricket Savant

Boss (not to be confused with Rosay aka Rick Ross) /Nasif bhai)

Ami amar posting spectrum ta dekte cheyechilum j, in fact I am curious as to what is my longest streak of NONPOSTING to see if i beat REverse-da?

Edit: I got two options - either go on posting spree to engrave my name on Guinness with like 1 million forum posts. OR go on an ascetic fast and SHATTER the forum with a single post/thread with a title like: Martians have contacted Firozpur villager.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old July 25, 2012, 07:13 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

Stop post count increment during a match but decrease the time between the post - any IT solutions for this? [psedu code - if in 'Match thread', STOP post count of the - LoL]

I and possibly many of us follow most matches while being at work, chat app either does not work in working environment or is 'risky' to open up. I (like everyone else) use the match thread mainly get my excitement and expression out of my mind but sometimes 60 sec is far too long between post during a ODI or T20 matches for this to happen.

PS: I have become a 'Cricket Guru' by typing 444444s & 666666s during match threads for about 7950 times. Quite ridiculous really. Its just like our T20 ranking system.. can't complain
Old July 26, 2012, 07:13 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers

I guess BC encourage more post count in MT. I can see right now five finished MTs floating which started about 10-11days ago & yet anyone can reply post them.
Old July 27, 2012, 09:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roni_uk
Stop post count increment during a match but decrease the time between the post - any IT solutions for this? [psedu code - if in 'Match thread', STOP post count of the - LoL]

I and possibly many of us follow most matches while being at work, chat app either does not work in working environment or is 'risky' to open up. I (like everyone else) use the match thread mainly get my excitement and expression out of my mind but sometimes 60 sec is far too long between post during a ODI or T20 matches for this to happen.

PS: I have become a 'Cricket Guru' by typing 444444s & 666666s during match threads for about 7950 times. Quite ridiculous really. Its just like our T20 ranking system.. can't complain
roni bhai, please PM me
Old July 30, 2012, 12:04 AM
Cricket Sage

I drift between match thread and chat...I discovered the chat during the SL tour of 2007...since then I usually can be found there. If not, then my post count would be easily be in the 20k+ region by now, though not close to Nadim's.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old August 2, 2012, 12:46 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Nadim has taken MT posts to the next level in terms rapid post counts, but I may have started the controversial trend here in BC. I just find that the chatroom distracts me from actually focusing on the game being played in front of me because of the significantly less latency. I'm totally cool with the delay BTW
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old August 2, 2012, 02:26 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

Quote:

There goes my chance to become a cricket sage or savant or xyz.