facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 18, 2015, 11:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Some claim that he has potential, but I don't see any frigging potential. He is like those bowling machines, only that considerably slower.

I don't see the slightest reason for continuing with him. I am sorry, if he has potential he needs to show it IN DOMESTICS. International cricket is the arena to "TEST" him. Yes the Jubair experiment worked pretty well but lets be honest, Jubair was a leggy and unknown to Zimbabwe batsman(who are weak against spin anyways) and even the coaches gave him significant praise.

I am starting to find any positives about Abul the bowler. We DON'T need his batting when we have such an accomplished and in-form batting order.

Old April 18, 2015, 11:45 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Well we know by now what the majority in BC thinks.
Old April 19, 2015, 01:41 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Could easily walk in to an Asian Worst XI team with Ashok Dinda as captain. His fellow 'speedster' Dollar Mahmud might give him some competition though.

Last edited by patriot; April 19, 2015 at 02:19 AM..
Old April 19, 2015, 02:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

What ever he is ppl need to chil down. Give the kiddo time, send him with A-team or polish himthrough more experiences and proper guidance by heath streak.
We are so tend and prone to dismiss anybody anytime, just patient. Pace bowling is no jhal muri, and you don't create pacers easily. Abul can be inpipeline and be nurtured thats all. Hating and dismissing is no worthy for any body or team. Seen many ppl dismissing mushy' tamim, shakib, mortaza, in many occassion whom you didn't?? Yes pace bowling is no kataler gota that you just shake the tree and all will come down to you.
Old April 19, 2015, 02:32 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Will Abul Hasan be the first BD pace allrounder to score a Test ton and get a 5-for in the same match???
Old April 19, 2015, 02:45 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

IMHO Abul should have been taken in tests..in tests we can use his batting, atm his batting is not needed in ODI..and in test he can try to develop his game as we have no pace options in test, so it doesn't matter who we take
Old April 19, 2015, 06:02 AM
BC Editorial Team

You know after seeing Mash's bowling in the WC and today, I'm no longer so sure that Mash _is_ the better bowler.
Old April 20, 2015, 10:58 AM
BC Editorial Team

Also here are some comparisons of 3rd or 4th seamers who could bat and didn't take a lot of wickets early on in their career:
Dion Nash
http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...g;view=innings
Jaques Kallis
Andrew Symonds
Jacob Oram

As you can see, 3rd seamers who don't immediately take a bunch of wickets in their first few matches can still have productive careers.
Old April 20, 2015, 11:05 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

^but those guys could bat. I am not even gonna compare with Kallis but Symonds/Oram were tremendous hitters. Nash not so much but he was their opening bowler for some time I believe. We are not sure if Abul can contribute with bat like Symonds/Oram. I think Soumya can be the 3rd seamer option.
Old April 20, 2015, 11:12 AM
Cricket Guru

Mufi aajkal khub beshi dekha shuru korse!
Old April 20, 2015, 11:12 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
IMHO Abul should have been taken in tests..in tests we can use his batting, atm his batting is not needed in ODI..and in test he can try to develop his game as we have no pace options in test, so it doesn't matter who we take
I think Abdul is going to be sure in the test team, that's why he is being juggled with Mash, to give him some time with HS and the fitness even when he isn't playing in the first 11
Old April 20, 2015, 11:16 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
Mufi aajkal khub beshi dekha shuru korse!
ki dekha shuru korsi?
Old April 20, 2015, 11:17 AM
Cricket Guru

Sumiya ke...abar jigay!
Old April 20, 2015, 11:52 AM
BC Editorial Team

Mufi - Abul can hit too. My point with those examples is that we act like he is some pox upon Bangladeshi cricket at not having taken a wicket in the 6 innings he's had a bowl. Mind you he has only played in 3 grounds: Khulna, Mirpur and Hambonta. All flat wickets. In all but two of those innings he had 1 bad over and never got a chance to come and bowl again. That could very well mean the captain has no faith in him particularly. But IMHO it just means we have so many spin options in our South Asian pitches that the captains don't have faith in our pacers period. Hence even a Rubel or Taskin can have unused overs. I mean really, how can you blame some one for not taking a wicket in a match when he bowled only 1 over (Windies) or 3 overs (Zim).

Don't get hung up on the wicket column yet please. Don't beat him up for not succeeding on his natural back of length bowling on dead pitches. Look what a difference the Aussie pitches made r Rubel. Absolutely berate him for him losing the plot when put under pressure - this hopefully Heath is working on.

I come back to what I have said before. He's a talent that we have to invest in. And hopefully, soon he will repay that faith.
Old April 20, 2015, 12:02 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
Mufi - Abul can hit too. My point with those examples is that we act like he is some pox upon Bangladeshi cricket at not having taken a wicket in the 6 innings he's had a bowl. Mind you he has only played in 3 grounds: Khulna, Mirpur and Hambonta. All flat wickets. In all but two of those innings he had 1 bad over and never got a chance to come and bowl again. That could very well mean the captain has no faith in him particularly. But IMHO it just means we have so many spin options in our South Asian pitches that the captains don't have faith in our pacers period. Hence even a Rubel or Taskin can have unused overs. I mean really, how can you blame some one for not taking a wicket in a match when he bowled only 1 over (Windies) or 3 overs (Zim).

Don't get hung up on the wicket column yet please. Don't beat him up for not succeeding on his natural back of length bowling on dead pitches. Look what a difference the Aussie pitches made r Rubel. Absolutely berate him for him losing the plot when put under pressure - this hopefully Heath is working on.

I come back to what I have said before. He's a talent that we have to invest in. And hopefully, soon he will repay that faith.
Razab bhai... I failed to understand one thing. If he is a talented pace bowler then why his domestic stats are so poor?
Old April 20, 2015, 01:55 PM
Cricket Legend

We have to deal with mediocrity when picking a pace all rounder. The thing is they really aren't genuine wicket taking bowlers or run getting batsmen, a nothing cricketer/bits and peices cricketer. The skill set they posses are simply not good enough for the international arena. There's Abul, Zia, Freza, Mukter. No stats or skills to justify selection or hype. Case closed.
Old April 20, 2015, 04:57 PM
BC Editorial Team

Warfolf, the BD TigerZ post tells you part of the story. None of our seaming allrounders have any domestic record to speak of. But here's the rub - it's really HARD to get decent pace bowling allrounders. Look how much Australia persists with Shane Watson. India hasn't had one since Kapil. Engerland hasn't replaced Flintoff. And it is because they are so hard to grow/develop, is precisely why good ones are feted. Bradman's favorite cricketer was Sobers. Most fans of my age love Imran. Kallis gets mad respect from All.

Of all the Zia, Forhad, etc I have seen play for BD, Raju is the most likely, physically at least, to meet the demands of being an Test class pace-bowling all-rounder. Just like Australia keeps giving chances to Watson, we have to give chances to Abul - IMHO

BTW please note, I'm NOT saying Raju is as good as Watson.NOT. AT. ALL. Just that in our BD context he's our best prospect. And I'm also of the opinion that as soon as Sowmya settles in on the top of the order, we make him work on his bowling. He should definitely get an over or two each match.
Old April 20, 2015, 06:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

everyone forgetting about soumya sarkar. Why hasn't he been given a bowl that often??
Old April 20, 2015, 11:43 PM
Cricket Guru

Sarkar can be utilized in tests, don't think Mortaza and Shakib feel to confident in his bowling in LOIs.
Old April 20, 2015, 11:54 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Ok i am convinced by RababQ. Lets see if Abul gets picked for Tests.
Old May 3, 2015, 05:37 PM
First Class Cricketer

I just checked his stats in domestic cricket. He averages 51 in first class and 37 in list A. These stats are for his bowling, not for batting. I find it hard to believe that our domestic cricket doesn't have pace bowlers with better records than his. Why is he actually often in the squad?
Old May 3, 2015, 07:36 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Just took a 4fer, at least he's starting to take some domestic wickets. Don't forget FC stats include test matches, though I'd guess he still wouldn't have a particularly good FC average even if you take the test out.
Old May 3, 2015, 08:13 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafee and Enamul jr

Jubair and Abul should play 2nd test
Old May 3, 2015, 08:36 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

If we bat first we can effect an innings defeat as Mirpur always deteriorates with days.
Old May 3, 2015, 10:30 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

about Abul Hasan: i don't think anyone doubts his talent or potential. What he really needs is a couple of solid domestic seasons with both bat and ball. right now, i wouldn't consider him anywhere near the national team. He does have a test century to his name.