facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 1, 2017, 02:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Making Afghanistan a super cricket power benefits no one ....

Old May 1, 2017, 03:17 AM
BC Editorial Team

The greatest growth of the global economy, post WWII was when USA, which contributed a lion's share of men, resources and $$ to the war, continued to be selfless and invested in other countries (e.g. Marshall Plan, UN agencies, etc.)

No one doubts that the Indian cricket market is the most lucrative. No one argues that the fact that the US internet rights for cricket are the 2nd most lucrative one in the world is another data point of how average Indian fan's passion for cricket greatly contributes to the revenue being generated.

I could argue that the IPL is hype and flash but that's a different topic

The point of debate is that, while conceding that India generates a larger portion of the revenue, what portion should BCCI get. And who should give up how much of the pie. To that debate, for the umpteenth time, I urge the Indian fans here - the Senmans, the Roy 1s and the Eclipses to look up Green Bay Packers in the NFL. Without EQUAL revenue sharing, a Green Bay Packer (the equivalent to a Zim board) has no business being a top tier NFL team. And IN SPITE of EQUAL sharing, the bigger teams like Dallas or Patriots find ways to make tons of extra cash.
https://thefieldsofgreen.wordpress.c...he-best-at-it/

As an afterthought:
I don't understand why, in spite of being from a rapidly developing nation with its own satellites and cultural hegemony, the average Indian cricket fan is so ready to take slight! I mean a Bangladeshi fan or Sri Lankan fan who aspires to look like a Bollywood actor, tries to talk in lame Hindi, for him/her walking around with a chip on his/her shoulder about "dadagiri" actually makes sense. The Indian fans and the BCCI need to act like the big dog that they are and stop getting worried about moshar kamor.
Old May 1, 2017, 07:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Kohli

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
The greatest growth of the global economy, post WWII was when USA, which contributed a lion's share of men, resources and $$ to the war, continued to be selfless and invested in other countries (e.g. Marshall Plan, UN agencies, etc.)

No one doubts that the Indian cricket market is the most lucrative. No one argues that the fact that the US internet rights for cricket are the 2nd most lucrative one in the world is another data point of how average Indian fan's passion for cricket greatly contributes to the revenue being generated.

The point of debate is that, while conceding that India generates a larger portion of the revenue, what portion should BCCI get. And who should give up how much of the pie. To that debate, for the umpteenth time, I urge the Indian fans here - the Senmans, the Roy 1s and the Eclipses to look up Green Bay Packers in the NFL. Without EQUAL revenue sharing, a Green Bay Packer (the equivalent to a Zim board) has no business being a top tier NFL team. And IN SPITE of EQUAL sharing, the bigger teams like Dallas or Patriots find ways to make tons of extra cash.

As an afterthought:
I don't understand why, in spite of being from a rapidly developing nation with its own satellites and cultural hegemony, the average Indian cricket fan is so ready to take slight! I mean a Bangladeshi fan or Sri Lankan fan who aspires to look like a Bollywood actor, tries to talk in lame Hindi, for him/her walking around with a chip on his/her shoulder about "dadagiri" actually makes sense. The Indian fans and the BCCI need to act like the big dog that they are and stop getting worried about moshar kamor.
Aha post to noi jeno michrir churi

I always appreciate good sarcasm and the last para is like a sarcastic masterclass. Anyways, a very nicely written, well articulated post striking all the right notes, kinda forcing me to review my stance on the matter to be honest.

You should post more often here.
Old May 1, 2017, 09:58 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: MS.Dhoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ

As an afterthought:
We do act magnanimous but ppl always try to portray us as villains what to do? You cannot find any Indian fans posting that we shouldn't give BCB this much or Associates this much. All we want is Indian cricket to get its fair share.

If $570M is the amount BCCI thinks it deserves ICC either have to prove that its calculation is wrong based on some proven criteria, right? But what do they do? Outrightly cut the revenue by half.

The support it gets from the Non-Indians(for the loss of money) is thiroughly annoying, I mean we are not disputing your claims then why should you do it and expect us to act like saints?

ICC should work out a model to increase revenue and popularise cricket, whats is it doing in giving handouts to non-performing boards by cutting the revenue of the well performing board? It wouldn't be so infuriating if ICC increased the revenue of Associates and extends loans to all boards and worked out pay per performance model but.....

BCCI should boycott if they are not getting fair deal, whats the point of being in an organisation where no matter how you perform you get wage cut and demotion?
Old May 1, 2017, 04:00 PM

Here's the battle transforms to war -
http://indianexpress.com/article/spo...vents-4636230/
Quote:
The BCCI is in the process of revoking the 2014 ICC Members Participation Agreement (MPA) and a letter in this regard is likely to be sent to the global body as early as on Tuesday.
Old May 1, 2017, 04:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by horizon
Here's the battle transforms to war -
http://indianexpress.com/article/spo...vents-4636230/
This is just posturing. The ultimate outcome won't be clear until the week before the Champions Trophy.
Old May 1, 2017, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubho
This is just posturing. The ultimate outcome won't be clear until the week before the Champions Trophy.
True. We may not even know what is the final deal.
Old May 1, 2017, 04:38 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Liton Kumar Das

I wonder where was the justice when BCCI was supposed to get an additional 500 mil under the big 3 compared to the pre 2014 period (a jump from 70 mil to 570 mil!). Even if the new 2017 model is passed, they get a deal worth 330 mil more than the pre 2014 revenue. Apparently that is not enough!
Old May 2, 2017, 10:52 AM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by senman
We do act magnanimous but ppl always try to portray us as villains what to do?
Magnanimous means you do not worry about petty stuff such as portrayals. Big dogs shouldn't care if the small dogs are yelping. Either you are the big shots and act accordingly or you are just like all the "lesser" country fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senman
BCCI should boycott if they are not getting fair deal, whats the point of being in an organisation where no matter how you perform you get wage cut and demotion?
Victim much?
As you keep on insisting, the BCCI will do just fine regardless of ICC. Your IPL alone will make more money than you will "give up" to fund the associates. And your usage of the word demotion is revelatory to me. That's what it's about isn't it - that everybody is not bowing and kissing the royal BCCI Mace.
Old May 3, 2017, 11:34 AM

Quote:
In its discussions with ICC chairman Shashank Manohar and various member board representatives, the CoA was told about the vast "trust deficit" that had developed between them and the BCCI after the Big Three became a reality in early 2014. While acknowledging that the BCCI contributed "much more" to the ICC, member boards said their share in the Big Three model was "too high and unacceptable".

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/co...y/1095903.html
Old May 3, 2017, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Yes, now the problem has turned into the ego battle. The new proposal is built without consulting BCCI and they are in a position to take-it-or-leave-it. That's driving the ego-centric behavior from BCCI. The sense that runs in BCCI is that they are being backstabbed by ECB and CA. Previously, what I understood, they were ready to sacrifice funds for other members, in return of a dedicated IPL window.
Old May 7, 2017, 03:48 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Heh. So much for a battle being started.
Old May 7, 2017, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by horizon
Yes, now the problem has turned into the ego battle. The new proposal is built without consulting BCCI and they are in a position to take-it-or-leave-it. That's driving the ego-centric behavior from BCCI. The sense that runs in BCCI is that they are being backstabbed by ECB and CA. Previously, what I understood, they were ready to sacrifice funds for other members, in return of a dedicated IPL window.
Well I see ... BCCI's stands on it...ECB and CA indeed backstabbed BCCI.

What BCCI should have done or can do now is make the Asian block more friendly, unite and stronger, bring back trust, make more bilateral tours to prevent future backstabbing again...
Old May 10, 2017, 02:34 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Manohar mamu satying on till June 2018 now. Whatever threat the BCCI put on him to step down has dissipated.

Could be huge in ratifying the new order.

I hope it goes through even if the BCB doesn't end up gaining much. Having ECB and CA in charge will be better for the global game rather than our brown people. Modern civilization is the handiwork of the European enlightenment after all.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old May 12, 2017, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Manohar mamu satying on till June 2018 now. Whatever threat the BCCI put on him to step down has dissipated.

I hope it goes through even if the BCB doesn't end up gaining much. Having ECB and CA in charge will be better for the global game rather than our brown people. Modern civilization is the handiwork of the European enlightenment after all.
Manohar mamu isn't brown then?
Old May 12, 2017, 04:06 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Sachin Tendulkar

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan

Translation: "Hum Angrezo ke Gulaam the, hai aur rahenge"

I am glad that India no longer have that colonial mentality and making authoritative inputs globally in every field. But unfortunately Pakistanis and Bangladeshis STILL living in that colonial mindset of "White is our master". And honestly I do not see it changing anytime soon.

Australia neither tours nor invite BD for ages. At max they give a token 2 match series in Darwin at off season every 5 years as a preparatory tour for main season.Same goes for Eng. India tour BD regularly, BCCI led ICC gave big tournaments like WT20, World Cup 2011, Asia Cups etc etc to Bangladesh.

ECB & CA send multiple security teams before they even they contemplate to tour BD. Basically they treat you as minnows and 3rd world country. Ask Eng or Aust to do those kind of natok against India. Do they have guts? Eng toured India 10 days after Mumbai attacks in 2008. CA cried during Bhajji gate when BCCI decided to pull its team away and decided to take back all charges.

But but but still ECB and CA are better just because they are white

These kind of mentality makes me sick. Its a different thing not to support BCCI (many Indians dont support them either) but stop sucking up to White folks
Old May 12, 2017, 04:39 AM
Test Cricketer

Dear Austin, do not think a certain member's view on geopolitics and herein the welfare (!) of our cricket reflects the entire nation's understanding. Some of the member in this board goes overboard in trying to justify his/her point and quite overtly trespass into the territory of politics which is simply uncalled for.