facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 21, 2007, 09:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Great Job with the interview.

Durjoy seems quite rational, let see if the team selection follows the same thread of rationaity.

Old November 21, 2007, 05:13 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Thanks cricket_pagol.

I thought it will be a "hotcake" interview before the NZ series, but looks like the cake is pretty cold.

Only 279 views after 2 days!!! Durjoy will be pretty disappointed to see this.
Old November 21, 2007, 05:19 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Does he visit BC once in a while?

There's no international cricket going on right now, you know. We have very low turnout these days. May be once the series starts, things will pick up.
Old November 21, 2007, 05:23 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
Does he visit BC once in a while?

There's no international cricket going on right now, you know. We have very low turnout these days. May be once the series starts, things will pick up.
I have sent him the links of this thread and the published interview, he will defnitely have a look.
Old November 22, 2007, 05:06 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim, Mash & Sakib

Quote:
Naimur Rahman: We need a blend of experience and youth, especially in Test cricket. As long as the seniors are physically fit and performing, they will be always considered for selection. Players like Habibul Bashar and Khaled Masud are still required in the Bangladesh team; we should not forget their past contributions on account of their failures in one or two series. At the same time we have to groom their successors as no one can play for an indefinite period. We have good back-ups for Rafique in Enamul Junior and Md. Razzak, Mushfiqur Rahim is slow gaining experience to replace Khaled Masud.
It's pretty funny..huh! i think Rafique didn't do any thing less than Habibul since Rafique came to the team or Pilot. During Naimur was captain, Rafique wasn't in the team and after that when he came into the team he showed his class and now again Naimur is one of the selectors and saying we have back-ups for him. but for Habibul and Pilot, there is no back-ups i guess and expreience is the main thing. i wanna say if Rajin got the chances for those matches(i should say like lasr 35 matches of Bashar, in together of ODI&TEST) Bashar couldn't do anything, Rajin could play 4/5 good inningses. and Mushfiq, i don't wanna say anything about him. I CAN BET THAT IF PILOT IS GONNA GIVE THE CHANCE TO NZ, HE IS GONNA FAIL AGAIN AND AGAIN. Pilot is a good defensive player we know that. but Mushfiq is far more technical batsman. And bashar? may be he has some really good scores but anyone can tell me from their heart that you like the way he stands on the pitch? or the way he swings his bat? or the way he runs/walks? Everybody can remember that the match against ENGLAND in this WC. what he did and how did he run out? i don't know about others but Rafique not gonna get chances again i guess and believe me, if seniors gonna get chance again in the team, it's gonna be worst like previous senarios. in fact we have only 3/4 senior players left.

last question, didn't he say anything about Monju or Tapash? are they gonna get chances too? cause they are seniors and they had like some seriously worst expreiences.
Old November 22, 2007, 05:13 AM
Test Cricketer

Anyway Thanks A Lot Miraz bhai. at least that help me lots that how come we are so far behind and why are we not improving? but it really sad if we found that on this level, still they can't think about the welfare of our country. they think that if i hold the power then it's the time to take revange or something. i don't know.
Old November 22, 2007, 10:19 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

I think Naimur's words are being taken out of context here. He certainly doesn't mean senior players should be in the team just because they had done well once upon a time, but would rather keep faith on past performers and give them a few chances before ruling them out.
Old November 22, 2007, 10:43 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
I think Naimur's words are being taken out of context here. He certainly doesn't mean senior players should be in the team just because they had done well once upon a time, but would rather keep faith on past performers and give them a few chances before ruling them out.
Couldn't agree more.

He is keen on seniors only when they are fit and performing.
Old November 23, 2007, 02:52 AM
BC Editorial Team

Some of the posts here would make any would be interviewee pause. The man makes one, rather rational I might add, comment on how he believes on a tough tour, experience allied to fitness would be important and people who are on a perpetual Lolita-addiction are jumping on him.

What's a lolita-addiction you ask? It's those who are constantly clamoring for the next young thing. Let's get Dollar in and drop Rasel. Let's get Zunaed or Imrul in and drop so and so. We've already lost the Rokon/Sanwar/Hannan/Bikash generation. Let's not lose the present one.
Old November 23, 2007, 08:43 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Couldn't agree more.

He is keen on seniors only when they are fit and performing.
Miraz bro i am not saying or trying to mean that seniors should not be given chances or never can get into the team. if they are performing obviously they are most welcome. but the thing i wanted to precise was, Naimur Rahman talked about all the seniors mentioning their expriences and suddenly he was try to miss Rafique out saying that there are back-ups for him. and in the meanwhile, he didn't get any chances what we can talk about during he was captain. but after Durjoy era, when Rafique came into the team, he has showed that how much worthy he is! is this a coincident or what? i don't know.
Old November 23, 2007, 11:23 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megh
Miraz bro i am not saying or trying to mean that seniors should not be given chances or never can get into the team. if they are performing obviously they are most welcome. but the thing i wanted to precise was, Naimur Rahman talked about all the seniors mentioning their expriences and suddenly he was try to miss Rafique out saying that there are back-ups for him. and in the meanwhile, he didn't get any chances what we can talk about during he was captain. but after Durjoy era, when Rafique came into the team, he has showed that how much worthy he is! is this a coincident or what? i don't know.
I don't find anything wrong with Durjoy's wordings.

He simply uttered the truth. We don't have any established backup for Habibul Bashar who can score consistently at Test level like Habibul did for most part of his career. And that's why he haven't named anyone as backup for Habibul. Hopefully we will find someone soon.

We have two realistic back-ups for Rafiq in Razzak and Enamul Jr. He was more optimistic about Razzak. On Khaled Mashud Issue he was keen on Mushfiqur Rahim and was expecting that Mushfiq will effectively replace Khaled Mashud.

I don't find anything suspicious about his vision on Rafiq and his potential successors.

May be it's a question of looking into a same statement from different perspectives.
Old November 23, 2007, 01:25 PM
Test Cricketer

I completely concur with Miraz bhai's above post, and in addition, Durjoy's envisaging of some historical performance from Bangladesh in the next WC(Insha'Allah it'll be a WC title), which further implies he's thinking about the long term and is not possessing any pre-conceived notions, and wants a smooth transition by then so that the team's status reaches a higher standard.
Old November 24, 2007, 12:55 PM
Test Cricketer

We all wanna see improvment for our team. nobody here wants bit different from this. i wanna say that Durjoy said that the young players should give more time in domestic cricket and with Team-A & U-20. but we can not remove those are already played in international matches. if we do so then may be they ended up like no good. cause they could think that they are not worthy or not good enough. and ended up like Tushar, Alok, Rokon.so i think those are playing right now in the team i can't suddenly drop them down. proper thing to do, would be let them play and from now on, every player would get the chance after passing enough time with Team-A,U-20 and Domestic Cricket.
Old November 26, 2007, 08:13 AM
Cricket Guru

Glad to see Durjoy could not keep Zunaed out of the ODI squad.
Old November 26, 2007, 08:24 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Thanks Miraz for your effort. It was an interesting read specially Alok/Tushar question. With so many threads and heated discussion its nice to know something from one of the selectors

Quote:
Naimur Rahman: Every player is different and does not enjoy the same level of success at different levels. Alok was given a good number of opportunities but Tushar was unlucky in many cases. They will be remain in our minds as long as they are working hard and performing in the domestic cricket. Nobody is discarded permanently, there is always a chance to comeback.

Looks like Tushar is ahead of Alok in the race with selector's sympathy ( as they are doing similarly in NCL). However that may not be enough for either of them to make the cut for NZ tour.
Spot on!! Fazal.

Tushar made it to the squad while Alok is not even in the stand by list.
Old November 26, 2007, 08:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafiq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Spot on!! Fazal.

Tushar made it to the squad while Alok is not even in the stand by list.
I am not any basher/supporter to any player. But just one question: which one was the criteria in TI selection?
1) TI is hard working and performing in the NCL
Quote:
Naimur Rahman: They will be remain in our minds as long as they are working hard and performing in the domestic cricket
or
2) to give TI enough chance.
Quote:
Naimur Rahman: Alok was given a good number of opportunities but Tushar was unlucky in many cases
IMO, both are sub-standard for national team.

Last edited by cricket_dorshok; November 26, 2007 at 08:55 AM..
Old December 7, 2007, 12:24 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Cricinfo has published the interview.

Read from Cricinfo
Old December 7, 2007, 06:38 PM
Test Cricketer

I was here to give this news that yesterday CricInfo publish this interview.