facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 3, 2013, 06:56 AM
Cricket Guru

Naeem has done exceedingly well this series to stake a claim in the ODI team. When Shakib returns, Nasir should be pushed down to 7, and Riyad benched.

Old November 3, 2013, 07:43 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

well done Naeem. Too bad he didnt get a chance in the test series or else he would have done well there too. Looks a much improved player
Old November 3, 2013, 08:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

he did not raise his bat on scoring a 50 when some went as far as giving shezda or pointing at the dressing room

He wanted to win it for the Bangladesh.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old November 3, 2013, 08:41 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Good innings once again by Naeem. Like others I agree, he's a much improved batsman. I always knew he had what it takes to be a successful batsman at this level but didn't deliver unfortunately for while. Good to see he's finally making it count.

Can't see him getting dropped now even after Shakib comes back. Riyad and Mominul are now the ones in danger of losing their spots in the playing XI in ODIs. I believe Riyad will be the favorite to get dropped since Mominul at least proved himself on the Test stage and looks like it's a matter of time he'll start hitting bigger scores.

We could have Naeem at 3, then drop Mominul down to his natural spot at 4 and have Mushy bat at 6 since he had a better record at 6 compared to 4. It'd basically be the same look as the Test lineup without Marshall in there, 4-7 would stay the same and we wouldn't have to accommodate Riyad by moving everyone up.
Old November 3, 2013, 08:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Great to see now that even mullah is in danger!

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old November 3, 2013, 08:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Naeem is making his way. He utilized the chance very well. To me he deserve his place in playing 11 after return of Shakib. But the question is who should be dropped? It should be Riyad..........
Old November 3, 2013, 09:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Naeem is the highest scorer of ODI series. Congratulations Naeem. http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...91;type=series
To me Mominul looked shakey in ODI.To me for #3 Naeem will be the best candidate.In that case i will go with either Riyad or Mominul at #7.My Batting line up......
1. Tamim
2.Shamsur
3.Naeem
4.Mushy
5.Shakib
6.Nasir
7.Riyad/Mominul
Old November 3, 2013, 09:13 AM
Cricket Guru

^^ Momin has not established himself in the ODI team yet. However, my observation is that he is technically most sound batsman in the team atm, thus should be persisted with at #3, unless he starts to struggle against pacers.
Old November 3, 2013, 09:29 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

will be interesting to see what call the selectors make, naeem has impressed this series so the pressure is on mominul and riyad for their spots, with shamsur performing as he did in this match i don't see naeem being considered to open at this point.
Old November 3, 2013, 09:39 AM

Nayeem played really good, but he still needs to work on footwork when needs quick runs. He should learn from Taylor today how he moved towards off stamps and played the balls in off side, or coming down the pitch few step to put pressure on bowler. He do nothing of those but always look to play inside out, there is his limitation, needs to work on those area for sure.

Nevertheless, he did an excellent job in this series.
Old November 3, 2013, 02:39 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
I always knew he had what it takes to be a successful batsman at this level but didn't deliver unfortunately for while.
Don't expect the output of a #4 from someone you play at #8. If you want him to come good, play him up the order, play him where he's grown up playing. He wasn't coming good because JS had this inexplicable tendency to try and make out of people what they weren't.
Old November 3, 2013, 02:51 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Don't expect the output of a #4 from someone you play at #8. If you want him to come good, play him up the order, play him where he's grown up playing. He wasn't coming good because JS had this inexplicable tendency to try and make out of people what they weren't.
I agree but can't completely use that as an excuse either. We used Nasir at 8 but did that deter him from scoring? I know Nasirs a special player but regardless of where you bat, you have to perform and the fact was that Naeem besides that 73* against Zimbabwe was an underachiever.

I think Naeem has grown a lot as a batsman. Before he either went for too many shots or too little. Now I see his pacing is much better. Lets hope he continues the good work.
Old November 3, 2013, 06:12 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

it seems a lot of BD batsmen are maturing atm, they've all become better and more happy and comfortable with scoring the 1s and 2s and to rotate the strike, naeem is doing that as well. i saw something in him with his previous stints in international cricket, and he's always been one of the more consistent domestic players so it's good to see that he's now able to put it together and able to perform more consistently at the international level.
Old November 3, 2013, 06:39 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
it seems a lot of BD batsmen are maturing atm, they've all become better and more happy and comfortable with scoring the 1s and 2s and to rotate the strike
They are all going to crap their pants when we play in South Africa/Australia/New Zealand/England/Ireland/etc. But we don't have to worry about that, because we'll rarely play overseas in the next 50 years, beyond which cricket will become obsolete.
Old November 4, 2013, 02:07 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Good to see those days are gone when players used to think scoring 20/30's would keep them in the XI for two years
Quote:
DSS: After that heroic performance, do you think you have sealed a spot in the team?

NI: No, not at all. How can that be? Once Shakib gets fit he is going to be back and play in the number five position, where I batted. So I think I still need to fight to get a place in the team for the next series.

Quote:
DSS: Is that disappointing?

NI: No. Look, it depends on what the team needs and the right combination. In fact this is a good sign for Bangladesh, there is a growing competition which was not that clearly seen before. There are so many players performing; it shows that we are progressing as a team.
http://www.thedailystar.net/beta2/ne...t-in-the-team/

Impressive answers from Nayeem
Old November 4, 2013, 02:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98

To say the least!
Old November 4, 2013, 04:00 PM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

I wasnot convinced after the 1st odi but he played really well throughout series.. Welldone.. Hope he keep performing like this everytime he gets chance..

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old November 4, 2013, 04:13 PM
Cricket Legend
ICC WT20 2016 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Good to see those days are gone when players used to think scoring 20/30's would keep them in the XI for two years

This guy always had a good mindset, great to see him applying that in the field now.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old November 4, 2013, 04:56 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Naeem has had a good comeback. He is neither the chokka naeem nor the tuk tuk naeem. His approach was near perfect for ODI. He needs to carry on. He is the best fielder in the side and he can be a handy offie option. So consistent batting certainly secures his slot. I hope he is not demoted down the order ever. His batting style doesnt suit the no.6, no.7 slot. Maybe he can bat at 3
Old November 4, 2013, 04:57 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:

I'd say its more like stupid questions than smart answers from Naeem. What do you expect a professional player to say? I have been heroic so I deserve a spot in the XI? Or its disappointing I'm not a regular noew despite 2 half centuries? I don't get why those are the questions you ask. There are much better questions you can ask.
Old November 4, 2013, 05:09 PM
BC Editorial Team

Tiger444 now think of Ashraful's response to those questions. You will understand why these questions get asked
Old November 4, 2013, 05:25 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
Tiger444 now think of Ashraful's response to those questions. You will understand why these questions get asked
Ash and Shahadat are exceptions. I'd expect our other players to answer similarly to Naeem.

By the way, other than those questions, it wasn't a bad interview but those 2 questions seemed to be fluff questions. Which seem to be in a lot of our players interviews.
Old November 4, 2013, 09:35 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Ash and Shahadat are exceptions. I'd expect our other players to answer similarly to Naeem.

By the way, other than those questions, it wasn't a bad interview but those 2 questions seemed to be fluff questions. Which seem to be in a lot of our players interviews.
Not just Ash and Shahadat, I can name a few more, including some fan favourites. It's important to have the right attitude and unfortunately, not many of our players do.
Old November 4, 2013, 09:43 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Not just Ash and Shahadat, I can name a few more, including some fan favourites. It's important to have the right attitude and unfortunately, not many of our players do.
It's probably guys that are not considered anymore.

I think I can see why the questions came up then. Hope this kind of questions don't come up and hope the others respond similarly
Old November 5, 2013, 12:27 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
Ashraful er time e jodi proti ta position er jonne erokom competion thakto tahole Ash o eki kotha bolto.

This is the difference between old team and the new team. We have competitions for every positions now. Ekhon ar keo 1 ta 50 kore bolte parbena I deserve to play next 10 games.