facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old September 6, 2010, 06:25 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom
BDFlag The Official everything about Bangladesh Football

Since there is little or no interest about Bangladesh football compare to cricket I am starting this thread. If you feel any news need a separate thread you may do so.

Let me start with a Newage article. (Fantasy or reality, I dont know)

Quote:
Website wants to live
-stream games
Staff Correspondent
Bangla-desh Football Federation on Monday received an offer from a Germany-based website for live streaming of the Bangladesh League matches.
Al Musabbir Sadi, general secretary of the BFF, said the federation will take the matter seriously. ‘It is a good opportunity to present Bangladesh football to the viewers around the world. However, we have just received the offer and don’t know the other procedures, we will look into the matter,’ said Sadi.
Meanwhile, the BFF in a bid to motivate the players paid Eid allowances to the trainees at the Asian Games camp. ‘Although the camp began only 15 days ago, we thought we have to show our commitment towards the players,’ said Badal Roy, chairman of the National Team Management Committee.
The BFF is all set to welcome the new head coach of the national football team Robert Rubcic on Wednesday. The Croatian coach will arrive in Dhaka early Wednesday morning and he will be officially introduced to the press in the afternoon before heading to BKSP.
Meanwhile, the federation on Monday informed the National Sports
Council that they were not in a position to allot the Kamalapur stadium to the Film Artistes Association for holding a charity cricket match on October 29. In a letter to the letter to the NSC the BFF said as the Federation Cup will be ongoing on the aforementioned date it is not possible to spare the field.
http://www.newagebd.com/2010/sep/07/spt.html

Old September 7, 2010, 01:48 AM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

Mo bhai - I will surely post update about BD football here. I'm always interested about BD football no matter what their fifa ranking is!
Happy to see this new Croatian coach is coming.

* Last three season B-League champion Abahani already went to asam (india) to participate a Cup!
the official "dol-bodol" will start soon too!
Old September 7, 2010, 06:56 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Rubcic comes in with new flavour
Staff Correspondent
Bangladesh football will taste the Croatian flavour with new head coach Robert Rubcic taking charge of the Asian Games football camp at the BKSP today.
Rubcic, scheduled to arrive at Dhaka early in the morning, will be officially introduced to the press in the afternoon. He will be heading for the BKSP to conduct the afternoon session. Rubcic’s arrival has enkindled hopes of football revival in Bangladesh.
Rubcic will the fifth foreign coach to get involved with the Bangladesh football in five years. With the insertion of Argentine Diego Cruciani in 2005, Bangladesh football first tried to attain the Latin flavour and Cruciani along with his trainer Ariel Coleman who provided some new concept for the footballers.
Cruciani guided Bangladesh to the final of the SAFF Championship and the players, for a little while, presented an impressive brand of football under the Argentine. But he also fell from the grace with the BFF officials and the players and he had to leave.
The old fashion coaching of India’s Naeemuddin (2006-07) failed to inspire the footballers and Edson Silva Dido (2008-09), the man from Brazil, came to Bangladesh again promising resurgence.
Dido in his short tenure, however, grabbed the headlines demanding a full freedom in his team selection with an emphasis on the young blood.
The Brazilian, however, failed to show any change in the one or two tournaments he joined and was ultimately sacked over difference of opinion with the federation.
Serbian Zoran Djordevic (2010) came in during the SA Games and guided the host to the coveted gold medal. But the Serbian stormed a controversy by misinterpreting a clause of his contract and demanded a long-term contract the football federation declined. The Serbian had to go just after three months.
Among these coaches, only Cruiciani could show a change in performance and a question arises about what Rubcic will accomplish.
Saiful Bari Titu, the ‘A’ licensee coach of the federation, has his own thoughts. ‘As far I know, the Croats love the innovative brand of football with attacking flavour. The style was initiated by the former Yugoslavs who differed from the traditional European touch. I think Rubcic will be trying to inject the attacking flavour with a solid defence into his players.’
Former national coach Shafikul Islam Manik likes the mental toughness of the Croatian football. ‘I observed the Croats play a brand of football that requires a lot of confidence. Our footballers are to some extent mentally fragile. I hope Rubcic will be able to build confidence in the players.’

http://www.newagebd.com/2010/sep/08/spt.html
Old September 7, 2010, 07:27 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Good initiative Mo vai.
*Here's an old news- a new club named Sheikh Jamal has recruited most of the star players by weakening Abahani & Mohammedan in the process.
My thought on the matter is that it's pointless. No matter how they try they will never get the same support as Aba & Moha.
*Another news- Goalkeeper Biplob has moved to crippled Muktijoddha Sangsad leaving Abahani this season. Abahani fans are furious over this.
Old September 7, 2010, 07:44 PM
Cricket Sage

^what about the news that Alfaz joined Abahoni? Is that true?
Old September 8, 2010, 03:16 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
^what about the news that Alfaz joined Abahoni? Is that true?
yup! Alfaz joined Sky blue ...now travelling to Asam with the team.
Old September 8, 2010, 03:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturnal
yup! Alfaz joined Sky blue ...now travelling to Asam with the team.
That is a good news for Abahani, Alfaz still has something to offer i believe.
Old September 8, 2010, 03:41 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaseer
That is a good news for Abahani, Alfaz still has something to offer i believe.
It's just a shame among many shame for BD football that we still need an old man like Alfaz as a striker. Speaks volume about BD football's current pathetic condition.
Old September 8, 2010, 10:01 PM
Cricket Guru

Rubcic sets lofty goal - the daily star - link

Newly appointed head coach of Bangladesh national football team Robert Rubcic announced his intention to take Bangladesh thirty places higher in the FIFA rankings within the next year.
The 47-year Croat, who arrived in the capital last morning after travelling 24 hours from Zagreb, stated his aim at a crowded press conference at the BFF House yesterday. The soft-spoken Croat was visibly tired but said that he felt exceptionally honoured to be appointed chief coach of a national side for the first time.
"Bangladesh is ranked 152nd in the FIFA rankings and I would like to see them thirty places higher at the end of my term," said Rubcic who is set to lead Bangladesh in the Asian Games, AFC Challenge Cup, Olympic Qualifiers and the FIFA World Cup pre-qualifiers during his one-year stint.
Rubcic, who has spent most of his career in club coaching, admitted it was a challenge coaching a national side. But the former Croatia international is confident he can take Bangladesh forward, but admitted he needs time to make a difference.
"It's not going to be an easy job because the weather and atmosphere is far different from where I come from. But I've been in this line all my life. I've had very good communication with players wherever I have coached. I will try to make these players' condition superb," said Rubcic.
When it comes to style of play, the former assistant coach of Croatia looks likely to be defensive minded, and marked out Real Madrid manager Jose Mourinho as his favourite and the best in the business.
“Mourinho is a serious coach, He prepares for a match for ten days. He thinks about the game for twenty-four hours. He is the best coach in the world.”
Rubcic's liking of Mourinho is reflected in his philosophy of building a strong defensive block as he promises to present good football with a balanced formation of 4-2-3-1.
"I prefer fast and speedy football, running for the ninety minutes. I emphasise on the technical aspects," Rubcic said. "I like open play too if the opposition are not that strong. When the opposition is superior, you have to switch tactically to a defensive mode."
The former assistant coach of Croatia was also a member of the World Star XI that played a benefit match for Gabriel Batistuta alongside greats such as Claudio Tafarel, Joao Pinto and Hugo Sanchez in Florence in 1995.
The left-back, Rubcic, also played an international match for Croatia against Romania after representing Yugoslavia at the Under-16 and Under-18 levels.
After meeting the press, the coach travelled to the Bangladesh Krira Shikha Protisthan (BKSP) where he was introduced to the national team's players. He also received a first hand introduction to his charges as they divided into two teams and played a practice match.
Rubcic is scheduled to sit with the local coaching staff today to discuss about the players and is supposed to take charge of the national side after the four-day Eid vacation that began yesterday and will end on September 13.
Old September 13, 2010, 02:38 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

বরদোলাই ট্রফির ফাইনালে আবাহনী
ঢাকা: আসামের বরদোলাই ট্রফি ফুটবল টুর্নামেন্টে ঢাকা আবাহনীকে ফাইনালে নিলেন আলফাজ আহমেদ। জাতীয় দলের সাবেক এই স্ট্রাইকারের একমাত্র গোলেই শিলং লাজংকে সেমিফাইনালে হারিয়েছে বাংলাদেশ লিগ চ্যাম্পিয়নরা।

সোমবার আসাম থেকে আবাহনীর ম্যানেজার সত্যজিৎ দাস রূপু এসএমএস’র মাধ্যমে জানান, আগামী ১৫ সেপ্টেম্বরের ফাইনালে নেপালের থ্রি স্টার কাবের বিপক্ষে খেলবে পেশাদার লিগে হ্যাটট্রিক শিরোপা জয়ীরা।

http://www.banglanews24.org/newlocat...48189&toppos=3
Old September 13, 2010, 03:00 PM
Cricket Guru

^^ great to hear that! thanks Mo bhai for the update
Old September 14, 2010, 04:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Come on Abahani, bring the trophy home.
Old September 15, 2010, 01:18 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default বরদলই ট্রফিতে চ্যাম্পিয়ন আবাহনী

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaseer
Come on Abahani, bring the trophy home.
They will

বরদলই ট্রফিতে চ্যাম্পিয়ন আবাহনী

ঢাকা: উজ্জ্বলের জোড়া গোলে নেপালের থ্রি স্টার কাবকে ৩-০ গোলে হারিয়ে বরদলই ট্রফিতে চ্যাম্পিয়ন হয়েছে ঢাকা আবাহনী লিমিটেড।

আসামের গৌহাটি নেহেরু স্টেডিয়ামে ফাইনালের প্রথম মিনিটেই এগিয়ে যায় আবাহনী। কিছু বুঝে ওঠার আগেই থ্রি স্টারের জালে বল পাঠান মেহেদী হাসান উজ্জ্বল।

চমৎকার শুরুর পর আকাশী-নীল খেলোয়াড়দের ভাবতে হয়নি। একচেটিয়া ম্যাচের নিয়ন্ত্রণ নিয়ে বিরতির আগে দ্বিতীয় গোল তুলে নেয় ঢাকার দলটি। ৪০ মিনিটে ব্যবধান দ্বিগুণ করেন ইমতিয়াজ সুলতান জিতু (২-০)।

বিরতির পর নেপালের কাবটির পরাজয়ের কফিনে শেষ পেরেক ঠোকেন প্রথম গোলের নায়ক উজ্জ্বল। ৭৫ মিনিটে নিশানা ভেদ করেন জাতীয় দলের এই ফুটবলার।

ফাইনালে ম্যাচ সেরা হয়েছেন আবাহনীর জয়ের নায়ক উজ্জ্বল। অন্যদিকে টুর্নামেন্ট সেরার খেতাব পেয়েছেন একই দলের ঘানার স্ট্রাইকার সামাদ ইউসুফ।

http://www.banglanews24.org/newlocat...68457&toppos=2
Old September 15, 2010, 01:19 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

শেখ জামালে দুই বিদেশি কোচ

http://www.banglanews24.org/newlocat...68443&toppos=6
Old September 17, 2010, 11:27 AM
Cricket Legend

achha what exactly is the deal with Sheikh Jamal team. They appear out of nowhere, swoop in almost all the Bangladesh national team players into their squad, gets two Serbian coach. The obvious political affiliation is surprising actually with Abahani & Sheikh Russel in the same league.

or is this one of those attempts to make the league competitive/exciting, although I wonder how exciting/competitive the Abahani-Sheikh Jamal tie will be....

I wish Brothers Union, Muktijoddha (does it exist anymore as a club?) or even a new team from outside Dhaka re-surfaced.
Old September 17, 2010, 11:57 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

I don't like the name Sheikh Jamal.. Nothing personal...It was Dhanmondi Club. Our Local club and it has lost it's local flavor to politics.
Old September 17, 2010, 12:09 PM
Cricket Guru

Fifa Ranking: 15 September 2010:

Ranking Team Pts +/- Ranking Aug 10 +/- Pts Aug 10
143 Maldives 117 0 0
145 Bangladesh 108 7 4
148 Sri Lanka 104 5 3
156 Nepal 88 3 0
160 India 82 -22 -47
162 Pakistan 75 2 0
194 Afghanistan 13 1 0
198 Bhutan 9 -1 0
Old September 17, 2010, 12:16 PM
Cricket Guru

Bangladesh's page on Fifa.com
BFF's official page Better than tigercricket.
Old September 17, 2010, 02:04 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

^^ Looks pretty impressive tbh.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old September 23, 2010, 05:20 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ialbd
achha what exactly is the deal with Sheikh Jamal team. They appear out of nowhere, swoop in almost all the Bangladesh national team players into their squad, gets two Serbian coach. The obvious political affiliation is surprising actually with Abahani & Sheikh Russel in the same league.

or is this one of those attempts to make the league competitive/exciting, although I wonder how exciting/competitive the Abahani-Sheikh Jamal tie will be....

I wish Brothers Union, Muktijoddha (does it exist anymore as a club?) or even a new team from outside Dhaka re-surfaced.
some answers

=============================================

President of Sheikh Jamal Dhanmondi Club Manzur Kader (2nd from L) addresses a press briefing at the Gulshan Club yesterday.Photo: STAR

Sheikh Jamal Dhanmondi Club
New name, new goal
The Daily Star - link

Despite having roped in 16 national footballers, newcomers Sheikh Jamal Dhanmondi Club reserve enough admiration for two traditional foes Abahani and Mohammedan in the upcoming season that is likely to get underway on October 7 through the Federation Cup qualifiers.

Club president Manzur Kader, having expressed his respect for the country's two powerhouses at a press briefing, said that jerseys of Abahani and Mohammedan had something special to those.

"Apart from them, Muktijoddha Sangsad and Sheikh Russel KC have also formed good sides and we will take each of our opponents seriously," added Kader, who also once was an official of Abahani and Muktijoddha Sangsad.

Dhamnondi Club started to bring star footballers like Aminul Haque, Zahid Hasan Emily, Enamul Haq, Wali Faisal, Mohammad Sujan, Mamunul Islam, Atiqur Rahman Mishu, Zahid Hossain, Nasiruddin, Komol, Shahed under one umbrella during the World Cup and have completed their mission much before the start of the players' transfer. And the club yesterday organised a function at the Gulshan Club to introduce its footballers, cricketers for the First Division and officials to the media.

Kader also promised not to take part in any 'fixed match' and give away any match to any team in the professional football league as the club itself wanted to emerge champions playing fair.

Explaining the reasons behind changing the club's name, Kader said that the club had a glorious history since starting its journey in 1962 with Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman as its chief patron and once his son Sheikh Kamal was the president.

"But later the club could not keep its momentum going due to lack of patrons and some veteran and optimistic members of the club came forward to include the name of Lt. Sheikh Jamal with Dhanmondi Club in an executive committee meeting in April 2009 and in August, the annual general meeting approved renaming of the club," informed Kader, adding that they had also taken the permission from the Bangabandhu Trust to use the name of Sheikh Jamal, son of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib.

Claiming to take the club on the right way, the club president also informed they had already constructed a wall around the ground, which was once used by drug-addicts and prostitutes during night time.

"We do not have any intention to run the club on cigarette, betel leaf and peanut sellers as big companies like UCBL, Partex, Bashundhara, Rupayan, Summit, Nitol Group are with us," said Kader adding that they had designed the club ground with the help of experts from BUET.

Replying to a query, the club president said that they would not backtrack from forming strong teams every year as long as sponsors supported the club.

"There will be a walkway round the ground so that the veterans of Dhanmondi Club can jog and only the boys of the area will be given priority to use the ground apart from the players," said Kader.

Shawkat Aziz Rasel, chairman of governing body and managing director of UCBL, said they want to bring the club as well as its players to a standard level.

Apart from them, football committee chairman Liakat Ali Khan Mukul, football committee adviser Kazi Mahmudul Hasan and cricket committee chairman Zia Ahmed were present.

The club will start its training camp from September 27 at the Bangladesh Krira Shikkha Protisthan in Savar.
================================================== ========
Old September 25, 2010, 08:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Old September 25, 2010, 10:42 PM
Cricket Guru

^They seem to have a holy ground
Old October 10, 2010, 03:43 PM
Cricket Guru

Grameenphone Federation Cup 2010
Ctg Abahani beat Police in opener

the daily star

Chittagong Abahani beat Bangladesh Police by the odd goal in three in the opening match of the 23rd Grameenphone Federation Cup football tournament at the Birshreshtha Mostafa Kamal Stadium in Kamalapur yesterday.

Dhiman Borua opened the scoring in the 15th minute for the Sky Blues before substitute Arafat made it 2-0 on the hour mark.

Bangladesh Police captain Mafizul Rahman scored a consolation goal from a penalty just before the final whistle.

Earlier, Bangladesh Football Federation senior vice president Abdus Salam Murshedy formally opened the meet as chief guest. Kazi Nabil Ahmed, vice president of BFF and Syed Tahmid Azizul Haque, head of market communications of sponsors Grameenphone, were also present.

The opening match of the first round of the traditional season's curtain raiser was a relatively sedate affair. Even though the gallery entry was made free, there were only a handful of spectators to watch the match, which was mostly a drab affair with the goals providing the few moments of excitement.

Dhiman's opening goal was a cool finish as he dabbed the ball into the net after receiving a cross from captain Masud Alam. Masud was also the provider of the second goal, as his corner was headed in by substitute Arafat.
Old October 10, 2010, 03:51 PM
Cricket Guru

i should put this here too:
Beckham at Kamalapur
http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=157982
Old October 24, 2010, 03:12 PM
Cricket Guru

Poor Mohameddan out from federation cup - seems like they are gonna struggle this year.... MSC's official are the one to blame..... well, they have no place to hide now! I feel sorry for fans!