facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 15, 2012, 05:16 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Default Should Anamul Replace Someone Now?

The NCL might be of negligible quality, however one thing that is emerging as fact is that consistent performers are likely ready to make the step up to Test level. Elias Sunny and now Sohag Gazi seem to prove that. While Jahirul Islam and Shuvogoto Hom might be cited as examples of how the NCL is deceptive, it should be noted that both Jahirul and Hom were single season hits, not consistent performers.

So the question is, should we bench SN and/or Junaid for likes of Anamul who is likely to struggle right now in the hopes that he can be a stalwart in our lineup in the near future? Or should we continue to groom him in a domestic FC league of disreputable quality and continue to groom him in non-existant A team and Academy tours?

#OneTeam1Dream

Old November 15, 2012, 05:23 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

well i disgaree about shuvagata but that's not the question being asked here. i definitely think anamul should be given a chance in the test side either as opener or #3.
Old November 15, 2012, 05:35 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Real player,Media player

I think Bangladesh should always recruit TWO at the same time.

Last time I remember, Tamim and Junaid were recruited at the same time, and atleast ONE of them became regular at every level.

Then It was Shuvagoto and Nasir, and again one of them became regular at every level.

So I think, Bd should recruit Anamul and Mominul at the same time.

This provides competition between two in solidifying their position in the team, and usually one prevails.

Anamul can replace Junaid in test, and replace Ash in Odi and t20
Mominul can replace SN/Nazimuddin in all format
Old November 15, 2012, 05:55 PM
Cricket Guru

might i add giving anamul his opportunity in his best format in home conditions especially since he just found some form is giving him the best possible chance to succeed at the international level. it would be a lot harder for him if he has to debut outside of home. plus the team is in the middle of one of the highest totals it's ever produced, so he'd be going into the team with a positive atmosphere around him which is much better, i'm sure we want him to have a positive and winning attitude with his cricket and a locker room that's just performed will do that.
Old November 15, 2012, 06:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umar
I think Bangladesh should always recruit TWO at the same time.

Last time I remember, Tamim and Junaid were recruited at the same time, and atleast ONE of them became regular at every level.

Then It was Shuvagoto and Nasir, and again one of them became regular at every level.

So I think, Bd should recruit Anamul and Mominul at the same time.

This provides competition between two in solidifying their position in the team, and usually one prevails.

Anamul can replace Junaid in test, and replace Ash in Odi and t20
Mominul can replace SN/Nazimuddin in all format
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
might i add giving anamul his opportunity in his best format in home conditions especially since he just found some form is giving him the best possible chance to succeed at the international level. it would be a lot harder for him if he has to debut outside of home. plus the team is in the middle of one of the highest totals it's ever produced, so he'd be going into the team with a positive atmosphere around him which is much better, i'm sure we want him to have a positive and winning attitude with his cricket and a locker room that's just performed will do that.
Agree with both of you.
Old November 15, 2012, 06:09 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

Anamul should have never been debuted in T20 because that is not his strong point. I think he is a longer format player whose class will make him a good in ODI's as well, and down the line, may be in T20s too. He won't get a better chance than this or should I say the selectors won't get a better chance than this debuting a youngster which this team badly needs at the top order. The pitch is a batting paradise, the batsmen are playing well and the conditions are ideal to take that chance. It goes without saying he won't do any worse than mofees or Junaid.
Old November 15, 2012, 06:12 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
well i disgaree about shuvagata but that's not the question being asked here. i definitely think anamul should be given a chance in the test side either as opener or #3.
Hom may have it, but we're not even certain Anamul has it - we just think he has a very good shot at having it. But if Hom keeps failing at NCL level it proves two things: perhaps he's doesn't have it and anyone left to groom at NCL level will regress his game. In my opinion, the NCL players shouldn't be left at NCL level longer than two full seasons as Sohel bhai says it reinforces bad habits. That being said, the quality of NCL cricket will gradually improve as the players' qualities improve themselves. 75% of the players are still club calibre players. And that number jumps to 90% when the national team boys leave for senior tours.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old November 15, 2012, 06:18 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Viv - he made all scared

Let him learn more
Old November 15, 2012, 06:44 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Hom may have it, but we're not even certain Anamul has it - we just think he has a very good shot at having it. But if Hom keeps failing at NCL level it proves two things: perhaps he's doesn't have it and anyone left to groom at NCL level will regress his game. In my opinion, the NCL players shouldn't be left at NCL level longer than two full seasons as Sohel bhai says it reinforces bad habits. That being said, the quality of NCL cricket will gradually improve as the players' qualities improve themselves. 75% of the players are still club calibre players. And that number jumps to 90% when the national team boys leave for senior tours.
of course we don't know for sure yet whether either of shuvagata or anamul have it, but both have been dominant in the NCL over the last couple of seasons. shuvagata has only played one match this current NCL and though he didn't get a century he did get a 50 so he hasn't failed completely, we'll see after this season where he is at, he wasn't too bad when he played those ODIs but hasn't got a chance since, of course if he does fail at NCL level then is quite possibly means he doesn't have it but he looked like he did in the ODIs and he's been consistent so far in the NCL. i agree that too much time purely in domestics can have a negative effect on the players.
Old November 15, 2012, 06:54 PM
Cricket Legend

I have seen Anamul playing against Srilanka U19 And South Africa U19 in Under19 Worldcup recently. I got a feeling that he is a player of different league from rest of BD players, I felt , he can stay in the middle for longer time if he wants to. He is suitable for longer format of this game . I totally agree that he should get a chance in test team to replace Junaid/SN.
Old November 15, 2012, 07:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Came back to add more observations

I saw Anamul got temperament to stay calm and send the right ball to boundary. Once he convert something to boundary ,those are delightful to watch, those are not like "jodi laigga zai type hit or miss". He only got out on both occasions when he tried to get runs quick (so he should not be in T20 for sure )

I also recorded his innings against South African decent fast bowlers, but didn't share it earlier as some people were making indecent comments from gallery (that also got recorded).
Old November 15, 2012, 07:24 PM
Cricket Guru

i think we still think of anamul as the new kid on the block who is 15 or 16, he turns 20 in december, he's been on the domestic scene since 2008 so he's got 3-4 seasons of experience under his belt already. if we bring development of players from other countries into it, well i know it's rare in australia for players to debut for their state before they are 18. most are probably in their early 20s with a few exceptions. that's partly why aussie players don't get selected until their late 20s to early 30s because they come into state cricket at an older age, then by they time they've got some experience and developed they are a bit older.

it's different in BD, players debut young, they get experienced young, they come into the national team at a younger age. on one sense they've got a better chance of learning if they go in their a bit younger, as they aren't as set in their poor habits and just generally younger people tend to learn quicker. for example most likely it will be harder to develop nazimuddin's technique etc since he's in his late 20s on his way to 30s as opposed to the 19/20 year old anamul.
Old November 15, 2012, 07:25 PM
Cricket Savant

even anamul doesn't like anamul as much as asaad loves him

translation: NO! If anything I'd change the pacers with Nazmul - yes, both for price of one, this is how bad they suck.
Old November 15, 2012, 07:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

i think anamul is the best talent and he deserve chance in longer format. we have tendency of selecting players for wrong format. anamul definitely a longer version player, so is asif but anamul deserve chance first.
Old November 15, 2012, 07:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

SN is the weakest link in the team and i dont think 9 batsman including sohag will help in bowling dept
Old November 15, 2012, 08:29 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Warne McGrath and S Waugh

My only problem is that I don't think Anamul should be brought in as an opener, yet that is where the team needs him. I firmly believe that one of Junaid or Nafees should be dropped for Elias Sunny of Enamul Haq Jr to give the team more bowling strength (then move everyone in the order up 1) but if you then bring in Anamul for the other of those two he has to open. The other option is to open with Naeem, Riyad, Shakib or Nasir but I don't think any of those 4 should be openers. Perhaps Mush could open and give Anamul the gloves (thinking well outside the box). Down the line I think that it will be Tamim and Sarkar who form a long term opening partnership but Sarkar isn't ready yet.
Old November 15, 2012, 09:33 PM
Banned

I think the only change should be Sunny in, and either of the 2 fast bowlers...out.

SNafees will come back, especially since he bats at # 3...and that the opposition attack is not that good. The longer the opening pair holds up, the odds of him doing better go up (maybe someone has the stats).

As for the opening...do not replace Zunaid by promoting someone up the order. That is a suicidal experiment. Just hope that he scores more than 7.
Old November 15, 2012, 09:56 PM
MLC World Series I

Yes. Junaid or SN.
Old November 15, 2012, 10:07 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful & Tamim Iqbal

yes...instead of zunaied...beta bounce khelte pare na mora pitche....
Old November 16, 2012, 01:17 AM
BD-SL Test Fantasy Winner 2017

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo

Would prefer him eased into the team. Firstly by playing the ODI warm up and then by playing the full ODI series. Then I want him to start as #3 against Sri Lanka in Tests.

Last edited by Tiger Manc; November 16, 2012 at 01:18 AM.. Reason: Wanted to clarify in Tests
Old November 16, 2012, 02:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib, Mashrafi, Mushfiq

Anamul perform continuously not only one or two seasons. He perform with all the teams like A team, BCB XI, U19, NCL etc. So it's the best time for to include in National team. Last two rounds of NCL he scored centuries. Even current round he is doing his job excellently. One the other hand our top order of national team perform miserably. So there is no cause to avoid him at this moment.
Old November 16, 2012, 06:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

The slots available are #2 and #3. I would prefer him at #3, with Junaid dropping out and SN opening. SN could get his shots in against the new ball. Or maybe send Naeem at #3 and Anamul at #4.
Old November 16, 2012, 06:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

He will get a test call no doubt. But not sure about playing in 11. Another thing is Jahurul is his competitor mind it.
Old November 16, 2012, 06:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

I want to see him play the 2nd test. He has done more than enough for a call and definitely is as ready as he can be.
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old November 16, 2012, 07:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Mominul Haque...