facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 6, 2005, 10:29 PM
Retired BC Admin

Default Video Clip: Nafees\' out - Evidence never lie

Download the clip from the link below and see for yourself. Thanks a lot Bangladeshlive for the clip.

NafeesJones.wmv >>

The match referee's (Alan Hurst from NZ) comment:

"Video evidence of the incident was inconclusive, and the player's intent was not proven."

England skipper Vaugan's comment that clearly shows the 'intent':

"We set ourselves the goal yesterday (Saturday) of winning in two days - and if you set yourself goals you like to achieve them," Vaughan said. "I think we went searching for wickets rather than sticking to our disciplines and building pressure that way."

Old June 6, 2005, 10:41 PM
Test Cricketer

This is shamefull. Cheat to beat Bangladesh in 2 days. What a garbage. This is not the spirit of the game. ICC need to do something about this poor umpiring situation. If ICC want to improve test cricket standard they need to make sure that umpire are doing their job right.
Old June 6, 2005, 10:52 PM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Thanks for sharing this CM bhai. BD team officials should arrange a press conference with this video footage. We should not play any international match under this match referee in the future.

Edited on, June 7, 2005, 3:56 AM GMT, by reverse_swing.
Old June 6, 2005, 11:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Chinaman, I disagree with your presenting the Vaughn quote as evidence of intent. The Vaughn quote does nothing to demonstrate intent to cheat on that particular incident - I think you have taken it waaaaay out of context.

I am dissapointed by the match referee's findings nevertheless.
Old June 6, 2005, 11:08 PM
Cricket Legend

The evidence is completely clear from this video and only a moron would say that it is not! it is proved by simple physics. When you see the ball bounce off the ground into the gloves, it's sharp rise into the gloves is at a much steeper angle than if it had bounced off the keeper's fingertips.
Old June 6, 2005, 11:19 PM
Cricket Legend

The umpire was laughing even after seing his mistake.
Old June 6, 2005, 11:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Rokto-Chosa British benia stabbed us from the back.
Then we were denied justice.
I hope BD fire back within their limitations to take revenge. Our predecessors had limitations too, but they made the ultimate sacrifice to take revenge against this same British benia gosti.
Old June 6, 2005, 11:33 PM

The intent was inconclusive but the evidence was conclusive.

Whatever it is, it's hurts Bangladesh than England.
One more "wrong decision" could have made us loose the game in 2 days.
One less "wrong decision" could have made us not loose the game by an innings.

Edited on, June 7, 2005, 4:35 AM GMT, by PoorFan.
Old June 6, 2005, 11:39 PM
ODI Cricketer

We are all after Jones. There are thousands of examples where wicketkeepers went up for false caught behind appeals and got umpires' nods. Was it unsporting? Yes. But he was not the first one to do it and surely wont be the last one. I am more furious on Ashraful than Jones for throwing his wicket away before tea. Ever thought how far we would have gone if he could have controlled himself? Or did he take money for losing the game in two days? I wrote it just to show that how easily things can be twisted and taken out of proportion. If you look at it from England's point of view, then he did whatever was necessary for his team to win the game. You know what, our boys did not even try to walk that path. They went in, hit some balls like six a side cricket, and came back to the dressing room. None but our players put our team in such a shameful situation, and they should be held responsible for it. It takes courage to admit own mistakes, and takes nothing to blame the "other person" for the blunders. If all of our players gave their 100% in the field and still we lost the game in two or two and a quarter days, then I would have blamed Jones for his dishonesty. Let’s clean our own backyard first. Let’s teach the players the value of the test caps that they are wearing. That’s more important to me than bashing the opponent and being a crybaby.

Edited on, June 7, 2005, 4:41 AM GMT, by sunniath.

Edited on, June 7, 2005, 5:00 AM GMT, by sunniath.
Old June 6, 2005, 11:47 PM

Quote:
I am more furious on Ashraful than Jones for throwing his wicket away before tea. Ever thought how far we would have gone if he could have controlled himself? Or did he take money for losing the game in two days? I wrote it just to show that how easily things can be twisted.
I totally agree with you.
Old June 7, 2005, 12:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Thanks for the clip... it is absolutely shameful. I am very disappointed with the match referee and michael Vaughan.

I don't think it is anything personal against bangladesh... I think it is just a reflection of the attitude of the current british players.

I disagree with Chinaman bhai's comment that Vaughan comment shows his intent.
Old June 7, 2005, 12:53 AM
Club Cricketer

Wow! I saw the clip and I am speechless at how the match referee could find it inconclusive. Was it here or BBC TMS messageboard that someone said that the match referee may not have been given the right clip to watch! Anyway, whether Vaughan had intent or not, he is the "ASLEE CULPRIT" as he was the only one who could have ratified the whole mess. I dont belive when he says that he did not watch the big screen. I think Trescothic had a better view than Jones himself and he seems to be the first one to appeal for a catch. Flintoff's appeal was definitely half-hearted. By the look of it, it appears that the whole Eng team may have conspired to finish the match in 2 days. So a suspicion of "intent" do creep in...no?
Old June 7, 2005, 01:08 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ashrafooooooool

it's absolutely disappointing and i think it shows their character! SHAME!! SHAME!!! but i can't believe how could the match refree found it inconclusive, if he uses a glass, time to change it, or else he'd give the same kinda decesion in future!!

there should be some other way to appeal against match refree's decesion. ICC should take action against this kinda CHEATING immediately.

good luck to BD for the ODI Series.
Old June 7, 2005, 01:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

LOL - very sad!!

But it IS possible wk didn't know whther the ball bounced off the ground or not. The body movements of the players in celebration kinda show some of them knew. Look at captain's face - he kept it down!!. Also as mentioned above, the Bowlers appeal WAS half hearted but then again Nafis' wicket isn't a cause for much celebration anyway.

We should be angry w/ the verdict but I wouldn't compare this with Latifs (front page pic). That was the single most disgraceful incident in cricket history.
Old June 7, 2005, 01:43 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Saeed Anwar

I think we have beaten this issue to death

Good video. But, lets move on guys, we know what "they" are, let us do our bit, lets beat em up in 1 days!
Old June 7, 2005, 02:47 AM
Test Cricketer

unbelievable!!!
Old June 7, 2005, 03:31 AM
ODI Cricketer

chinaman... thanks a million for the clip... the ball surely bounced before Jones picked it up... oh well? now we know... live goes on brothers...
Old June 7, 2005, 06:35 AM
Cricket Legend

ok- i am officially mad now

Edited on, June 7, 2005, 11:37 AM GMT, by oracle.
Reason: removed my inappropriate smiley
Old June 7, 2005, 08:58 AM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Untill I saw this video, I thought may be there is a little benefit of doubt. However, now that I have seen it; it is a shame to each person who thinks its inconclusive. Either that person is complete blind and immediately needs his/her white stick, or a big liar.

I feel violated, robbed and cheated. I should stop right now before I earn a warning from our moderators.
Old June 7, 2005, 09:43 AM
Test Cricketer

I wish the video was a little longer. Then you guyz could've hear Botham's take on the dismissal. I liked the way he called out the keeper and the slip fielders.
Old June 7, 2005, 09:49 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

I had refrained from saying anything since I wanted to see the ctach for myself before I said anything.

The distance from the gloves when the ball bounced, or whether your eyes were closed or not, is immaterial. You would know that the ball has bounced by the direction of the pressure that the ball exerts on contact with the gloves. IF the ball hadn't bounced, you would know it immediately since the ball would be exerting the pressure at an angle in the direction of gravity. Its pretty simple. No amount of arguement or excuse can take away from the fact that the wicketkeeper cheated, as did the slip cordon who definitely saw what happened, and the captain who should have called back Nafees since he had the added benefit of looking at the reply immediately on the big screen. For God's sake look at the body language of the English players.

Very disappointing. But we have to move on.

Quote:
Originally posted by oracle
ok- i am officially mad now

Edited on, June 7, 2005, 11:37 AM GMT, by oracle.
Reason: removed my inappropriate smiley
Edited on, June 7, 2005, 2:52 PM GMT, by pompous.
Old June 7, 2005, 09:59 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

the ball hit the ground and hit the upper part of the gloves(inside) so when the keepr caught it he must have felt the ball upperside of his hand (right bellow his thumbs). So my Q is as the ball was going down normally you will get it on our finger tips but not like the ball hitting with force on your pams. Which should have given the CHEATER keeper a hint. SO i don't take this inconviencing thing from an Aus ump.... The keeper cheated so is his team mates and also the ump was unfair as usual.. Brith should never talk about our test status from now on cause the game of cricket shouldn't be played by bunch of cheaters...
Old June 7, 2005, 11:45 AM
ODI Cricketer

The best reply will be for BD to go out in Natwest series and beat them.All the best to Nafis and the rest of the team.
Old June 7, 2005, 11:51 AM
Street Cricketer

:fanf lag::jo y:to english cricket
Old June 7, 2005, 12:29 PM
Test Cricketer

There is no question that the ball bounced on the ground before it entered the outstretched hands of Jones. But the main point is whether Jones knew it or not. I am sure I would have known if I caught a ball or not. But then again I was never a wicketkeeper. May be with a gloved hand it is less certain and thus perhaps inconclusive in the mind of the match referee.

Since Jones is not talking, is there a wicketkeeper in our forum who can shed some light on it?

Edited on, June 7, 2005, 5:30 PM GMT, by LateCut.

Edited on, June 7, 2005, 5:31 PM GMT, by LateCut.