facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old February 18, 2007, 01:49 AM
ODI Cricketer

Default দুরনীতিবাজ ঘুষখোর সুদখোরের মধ্যে কোন পাথক্য নেই

It started a few days ago ... politicians have began their process of pulling Dr. Yunus to their level so that they can beat him there.

Yesterday Shiekh Hasina gave her first speech to the public and expressed her opinion about Dr. Yunus.

Links:

Prothom Alo (Normal single column news)
Daily Inqilab (First Lead News)
The Daily Star
The Daily Ittefaq (Lead News)

While the comment of S. Hasina gives us an indication of the future action plan of BAL with regard to Dr. Y, it is very interesting to note that,

1. Daily Inqilab and Daily Ittefaq put high emphasis on the news and their headlines where identical (The one I used for this thread).

2. Prothom Alo and Daily Star put much less importance on this very significant news item and their headlines were entirely different parts of that speech. Prothom Alo: "ঢালাওভাবে রাজনিতীবিদদের গালি দেওা ঠিক না" Daily Star: "Reveal names of those who whitened black money". I wonder why such difference in perspective.

P.S. Please forgive the বাংলা typing errors, I tried my best but could not get any better using অভ্র ফোনেটিক্স.

Last edited by zakirc; February 18, 2007 at 01:53 AM.. Reason: Mistake in heading.

Old February 18, 2007, 05:22 AM
Cricket Legend

SOmeone once told me that in Bangladesh we don't have 'free press', what we have is press that serve certain interests. There are newspapers who clearly favor certain parties and it shows, rather nakedly in their reporting. I guess what they mean by 'free press' is the freedom to write whatever they choose and not always the truth.
Old February 18, 2007, 05:23 AM
Cricket Legend

If Ms. Hasina is write then we should close all banks except Islamic Bank. Yes that'll propell the country forward.
Old February 18, 2007, 05:51 AM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatekeeper
If Ms. Hasina is write then we should close all banks except Islamic Bank. Yes that'll propell the country forward.
What makes Islami bank different apart from using arabic synonyms of 'interest'?
Old February 18, 2007, 06:01 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire_x86
What makes Islami bank different apart from using arabic synonyms of 'interest'?
They will not assure you any fixed or assured rate of benefit. In their words it will depend on the business made by the bank. Profit on your money is Halal but not the interest.
Old February 18, 2007, 06:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire_x86

As I understand it (and I'm no expart in this matter), Islamic Banking allows you to deposit money and that money is invested. You get a share of the profit. Don't know the intrecacies though.
Old February 18, 2007, 06:16 AM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
They will not assure you any fixed or assured rate of benefit. In their words it will depend on the business made by the bank. Profit on your money is Halal but not the interest.
If there's no chance of loss, then it's definitely not business. And like every other commercial bank, they charge interest at a fixed rate from people who take loan from their bank. How's that for double standard?
Old February 18, 2007, 07:10 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

I personally am suspicious of terming interest as "profit". Although I've read that earning or paying interest itself is not prohibited in Islam, however "usury" is, which means "extortionate interest". Anyone care to shed some light on this?

http://www.submission.org/islam/usury.html
Old February 18, 2007, 10:18 AM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

I say, stop all these talks and just arrest hasina, khaleda, ershad and golam azam (family inclusive) and put them under the bar for at least 2 years. Under the current law that would ensure that they can't compete in an election again.
Old February 18, 2007, 11:27 AM
ODI Cricketer

my`‡Lvi, Nyl‡Lvi Ges `ybx©wZevR‡`i g‡a¨ †Kvb Zdvr †bB|

my`‡Lvi‡`i w`‡q †Kvb `vwi`ª¨ we‡gvPb nq bv| Zviv `vwi`ª¨‡K jvjb-cvjb K‡i wb‡R‡`i fvM¨ M‡o| Zv‡`i w`‡q †`k‡K `vwi`ª¨gy³ Kiv m¤¢e bq|

KviI KviI g‡a¨ ivRbxwZwe` nIqvi Lv‡qk Rv‡M| ivRbxwZwe`iv Lvivc n‡j GB Lv‡qk †Kb Rv‡M?

1975 mv‡ji Av‡M KZRb †KvwUcwZ wQj, Avi GLb KZRb †KvwUcwZ n‡q‡Q, Kv‡`i mn‡hvwMZvq Zviv †KvwUcwZ n‡q‡Q, GbweAvi-Gi ZvwjKv a‡i wnmve PvB‡jB Zv †ewi‡q hv‡e|

Last edited by zakirc; February 18, 2007 at 11:29 AM.. Reason: Formatting
Old February 18, 2007, 03:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubu
I say, stop all these talks and just arrest hasina, khaleda, ershad and golam azam (family inclusive) and put them under the bar for at least 2 years. Under the current law that would ensure that they can't compete in an election again.
Yes, thank you.
Old February 18, 2007, 03:11 PM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

This is sad to see our politicians make such ignorent comments, more pathetic, this kind of people with this kind of intelligence/value ran the country.

What a shame!
Old February 18, 2007, 03:15 PM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

What else can you expect specially from Hasina? This is obvious. I just hope Dr Yunus will not reply her back. She is not worthy of his reply.

Old February 18, 2007, 03:27 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Hasina is just feeling the heat from competition. On a bright side, I hope this will make Dr. Yunus more determined to do well. If Hasina thinks anything our country has earned is only through "selfless politicians", she's obviously not one of them.
Old February 18, 2007, 06:20 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverse_swing
What else can you expect specially from Hasina? This is obvious. I just hope Dr Yunus will not reply her back. She is not worthy of his reply.
Doc. Y already did. A good one I must add.

When he was asked to comment about hasina's comment he said something like that: a lot of mud throwing has already been done in BD politics. Lets not go there. Its time we all work together for the good of the country.
Old February 18, 2007, 10:38 PM
Banned

In private circles, BAL and Hasina had been more vulgar in criticizing Dr. Yunus. This, after they attempted and failed to lure him in BAL. For years, they tried through many different channels to get him to join their party.

Now, the hate oozes out to the surface. What a shame.
Old February 18, 2007, 10:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatebreed
I personally am suspicious of terming interest as "profit". Although I've read that earning or paying interest itself is not prohibited in Islam, however "usury" is, which means "extortionate interest". Anyone care to shed some light on this?

http://www.submission.org/islam/usury.html
Yup. I think you are right. I think Sharia says if you borrowed some money, and returned it later, you are supposed to give back the money that has the same buying power of the money originally borrowed. That is not usury. So, if you borrowed fifty bucks two years ago, you may have to return sixty five today. People may tend to over generalize the concept.
Old February 18, 2007, 10:57 PM
Test Cricketer

When a villager take loan to buy a cow in interest without security to improve his income that is classified as usuary by Hasina. When her government take money from world bank in interest against bangladesh and money goes to her ministers private account then it become development. We do not need this kinda development anymore.
Old February 18, 2007, 11:18 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Sorry for the off topic discussion
Quote:
Originally Posted by billah
Yup. I think you are right. I think Sharia says if you borrowed some money, and returned it later, you are supposed to give back the money that has the same buying power of the money originally borrowed. That is not usury. So, if you borrowed fifty bucks two years ago, you may have to return sixty five today. People may tend to over generalize the concept.
I am certainly not an expert. Allah knows best. With the little understanding I have I know the followings:

1) In Islam there are two types of loan.
a) I borrow $100 bucks and within a said time I would return the $100 bucks. There would be a contract and there would be two "chakkhi".
b) I borrow $100 bucks and I will invest. If I make a profit they upon the agreed rate I will give to the person I have borrowed + the "ashol". Now if I lose money then a part of the loss has to be beared by the person upon the agreed rate in the time of borrowing. In that case, the person who gave the loan would not get back his full "Ashol".

Any other way is an innovation.

For Islamic banks to say that you will get a 7% in your deposit is wrong and non-Islamic. The way they say is, "we have invested in businesses for the last 7/8 years. On the average we got a 7% percent return. Based on that We can say you will get a 7% in your investment." You be the Judge.

I did not borrow from any Islamic bank. But if any borrower has to sign a contract saying they have to give back certain percentage of the loan then that is fully un-Islamic and illegal (Haram) according to Sharia.
Old February 18, 2007, 11:39 PM
Test Cricketer

Man all of a sudden Hasina is becoming like muslim fundi about interest. I thought it was Jamat who had the cable connection with god. She better be carefull US may put her in T list.
Old February 19, 2007, 03:59 AM

Somebody should ask her ...

What is the difference between 'Durnitibaz' and 'Durnitibaz poshok'.
What is the difference between 'Lathi boitha' politics and 'Shontrashi'.
What is the difference between 'democracy' and 'oborodh or gherao'.
What is the difference between 'pagol' and 'chagol'.
Old February 19, 2007, 10:21 AM
Cricket Legend

দুর্নীতিবাজ, ঘুষখোর আর সুদখোর এর মধ্যে কোন পার্থক্য নেই

Oh Yeah…sure, why not!!
It’s time to revert back to Islam to save my politician butt.
These Corrupt/criminal politicians always utter the name of Islam to hide their involvement in corruption and crime. Now they are using the same trick to fight the political reform effort which might effectively end their political career.

Just as an example of double standard: look at this photo

Nasiruddin Pintu- a prime symbol of our corrupt and criminal group of politicians. Just notice his forehead—he even created a black mark on this forehead by doing Sezda—Ah!! What a religious man. It is very much possible that he does his Banking only in those Islamic Banks…because he does not what to violate Islamic principles by taking Riba (Interest) !!
Old February 19, 2007, 12:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Did any of you hear what Bdul Jalil said? His statement to TV news channels was - "The Party cannot be responsible for corrupted individuals." They are already trying to figure out what to say when all those corruption cases return with convictions
Old February 19, 2007, 12:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Also saw on news last night that Durniti Domon Comission filed cases against 50 politicians.

Lovely list of names, it is. Md Nasim, Falu, SaKa Chow, Lobby, Dr Iqbal, Mirza Abbas, Nazmul Huda, Salman F Rahman etc etc. My eyes have rarely been this pleased

These guys will need to submit a complete accounting of their assets within 72 hours, else all their liquid and fixed assets will be taken over by Govt.

Ki Moja Ki Moja, Raza khai bang vaza.

Old February 20, 2007, 05:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Sorry for the off topic discussion
For Islamic banks to say that you will get a 7% in your deposit is wrong and non-Islamic. The way they say is, "we have invested in businesses for the last 7/8 years. On the average we got a 7% percent return. Based on that We can say you will get a 7% in your investment." You be the Judge.

I did not borrow from any Islamic bank. But if any borrower has to sign a contract saying they have to give back certain percentage of the loan then that is fully un-Islamic and illegal (Haram) according to Sharia.
What Islami bank does is that it do not lend money, it buys goods that the person borrowing the money was intending to buy and then sells it to him on "baki" with a profit.