facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 21, 2005, 12:56 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Quote:
Originally posted by razabq
uh oh - opt out clause eh? The more I read about this situation, the more some of the gloss comes off Whatmore. An active coach shilling to the media? Isn't that kinda like Rameez being PCB CEO and a commentator? If that is an an agent principal problem, I don't know what is.
I have to agree with you. I refrained from making any comments earlier when speculations and rumors were ripe. Now, that he has signed the extension, I think it is inappropriate for him to give signals such as these to the Indian camp. I would rather have him leave now than in the middle of the England series. That will be a disaster. How professional is this? You have just signed a new deal that have doubled your salary and you are still expressing your desire. I just hope this bit of news is another speculation. Actually, Whatmore can kill all this by coming out and issuing a firm statement declaring himself non-available until 2007. Or is this new salary-raise/ extension is for gaining leverage with the Indian camp who was paying John Wright much less??

Old April 21, 2005, 01:34 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

This Job Opportunities that Whatmore seems to attract.. does indicate one thing really..

And that is... no matter how much the Rest of the world criticize Bangladesh's performances, they really are untilamtely Impressed !! This demand for Whatmore is actually the Direct Impact of the improvement that BD has shown over the last few years... and not just Whatmore's success with Sri-Lanka!
Old April 21, 2005, 02:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

This is from BBC audio.
Quote:
Australian Dav Whatmore is delighted to have signed a new two-year deal with to coach the Bangladesh cricket team, and says he is looking forward to the impending tour of England - although he admits there is a get-out clause in his new contract.
We should give a new name like

1. Dave "Wanna India Coach" Wahtmore
2. Dav "get-out" Whatmore

.... I just do not have any respect left for him.
Old April 21, 2005, 02:31 PM
Cricket Legend

OH LORD!!

Is that true? So, he might still go to India? I guess he won't be unprofessional enough to go in the middle of our England tour, so I am pretty sure he will see that out. However, if India does offer him a job, we will probably lose him still. And just when we thought we had him for the next two years. Yeah, I have to say, I am more than just a little disappointed with Whatmore. He obviously isn't all that excited to be our caoch anymore!
Old April 21, 2005, 02:33 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally posted by Sham
Is that true? So, he might still go to India?
Another quote from BBC, "Although Whatmore has signed a two-year deal, the chance of becoming India coach is still a big attraction and he is not ruling it out in the near future. "
Old April 21, 2005, 02:37 PM
Cricket Sage

Another Interesting quote:

"The 51-year-old told BBC Sport: "My employers were very, very keen I stay with them and they have been pretty happy with the progress of the team."
Old April 21, 2005, 05:45 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Beamer
Quote:
Originally posted by razabq
uh oh - opt out clause eh? The more I read about this situation, the more some of the gloss comes off Whatmore. An active coach shilling to the media? ..... If that is an an agent principal problem, I don't know what is.
I have to agree with you. .......... Or is this new salary-raise/ extension is for gaining leverage with the Indian camp who was paying John Wright much less??

Pura bapar tai vitor tita koira raikha dise. Eirokomn ekta tourer age sachrami val-lag lo na. so called 'professional' shobder proti ami bitosroddha.

However, his interview with bbc (check the audio link from bbc sports) gives the impression that he is in a little bit of 'ashoshti' with all his 'want to be the coach of India' sachrami.
Old April 22, 2005, 03:26 PM
First Class Cricketer

Default Whatmore\'s raise

I remember hearing that he got a 20% raise, not 100% - can anyone verify ? Even so, isn't he already better paid than John Wright ?
Old April 22, 2005, 03:52 PM
ODI Cricketer

i read somewhere that his pay was doubled, porbably the bbc report but i cant say for sure.

Edited on, April 22, 2005, 8:54 PM GMT, by Mueid.
Old April 22, 2005, 04:20 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by crickethorizon
This Job Opportunities that Whatmore seems to attract.. does indicate one thing really..

And that is... no matter how much the Rest of the world criticize Bangladesh's performances, they really are untilamtely Impressed !! This demand for Whatmore is actually the Direct Impact of the improvement that BD has shown over the last few years... and not just Whatmore's success with Sri-Lanka!

I never thought of it like that. Good thinking.
Old October 22, 2006, 12:42 PM
Banned

kick watmore out and put khalde masud the new manager
Old October 22, 2006, 01:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Good Luck Dav. I guess the options are quite limited as fas as top coaches are concerned!I mean there are'nt that many ops and there are'nt that many good coaches=works both ways!
Old October 22, 2006, 01:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Purono kashundi ghataghati keno?
Old October 22, 2006, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamz
kick watmore out and put khalde masud the new manager
As far I remember Dav is our coach and Sujon is our manager. So...what do you want really?!!
Old October 22, 2006, 10:05 PM
Cricket Guru

Not sure why this thread is up again which was from 2005.
Old October 23, 2006, 12:10 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

aager shob thread dekhi..ekhon notun kore ashtese.. ghotonata ki...
Old October 23, 2006, 12:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Remake. Inspired from Bollywood.
Old October 23, 2006, 12:46 AM
Banned

Don't like it one bit. It's time for a change and we gave away the opportunity. Reasons:

1. Dav failed in the exact areas we need improvement the most. First being the batting, second, the mental toughness

2. Dav repeatedly insulted our country, our team and the team members by openly entering into possible job negotiations, even in the middle of important series or tournament.

3. Dav knows now that his prospect for an upward change of job is slim. So, he is doing this deal. Several possible future secnarios can be analyzed, where he may end up dumping us and jumping ship in the middle of another tournament.

4. Dav has learned the inside trick of keeping the key people happy in BCB. That is how he is securing his job.

5. It is indeed time for fresh ideas in coaching for our young team. Dav is cashing in on a few young talents that had their teeth cut with McInnes. Now, he will use them, then, he will discard them prematurely, since he will not be able to build on their tough mental training. This has been Dav's history and this was one reason he fell out of favor with the SL team.

We must remember, that our lack of batting talent is so acute, that we must not think that we can do as good as SL did with Dav. Dav did not have to teach them batting. They always had the batting giants.

Yet another bad decision on Loby's part, at the time of his departure....
Old October 23, 2006, 01:45 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

looks like Billah vai is lost here.. thats the beauty of digging up old threads..
Old October 23, 2006, 02:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumon77
looks like Billah vai is lost here.. thats the beauty of digging up old threads..
Shucks ! You guys pulled one on me . Good one.

However, what I said stands as my official feelings. By now, I am paranoid about extending Dav's tenure beyond WC 2007.
Old October 23, 2006, 09:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumon77
lol...
Old October 23, 2006, 10:39 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

shamz,
Since you are new I will go easy on you. bro, this is not funny any more. Stop this digging old threads with a one liner. If you have some thing to say then say it properly. Gather all your thoughts and then say it, explain it why do you think so.
Old October 23, 2006, 11:08 AM
Test Cricketer

Let shamz be free, it'll be some time before he adapts himself.
Old October 23, 2006, 11:19 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: mortaza and saqibul

go whatmore go. we r behind u (still)