facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old April 19, 2004, 11:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Default CHAMPIONS LEAGUE soccer

Anybody watching CHAMPIONS LEAGUE soccer between MONACO vs. CHELSEA today!I would have to go for Chelsea to beat Monoco with their plenty of firepower.

Old April 20, 2004, 10:26 AM
BanglaCricket Multimedia

its a shame Monaco went to the semi final... well anyways... morientes rocks... serves Madrid right to let him go... :P I am a madrid fan btw.

Anyways... Chelsea will win... hehehehehe... money can do wonders ...
Old April 20, 2004, 10:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Monoco deserve to be in the semifinal! They did the unthinkable by reducing their massive aggregate against Madrid! You never could rule out anything in soccer though, they could even beat Chelsea in their backyard.

[Edited on 20-4-2004 by rassel]
Old April 22, 2004, 03:46 PM
Street Cricketer

Chelsea are surely gonna be knocked out now. I can gurantee Monaco will score at the Bridge.
Old April 22, 2004, 04:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara

Quote:
Originally posted by rassel
Monoco deserve to be in the semifinal! They did the unthinkable by reducing their massive aggregate against Madrid! You never could rule out anything in soccer though, they could even beat Chelsea in their backyard.
still hard to get over the shock! a real blow to Real fans :duh:
Old May 4, 2004, 09:03 AM
Cricket Legend

FC Porto will get knock out by Deportivo today; I think they are still unbeaten at home
Old May 4, 2004, 08:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara

Porto thrashed La Coruna on their own backyard
Old May 5, 2004, 12:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Man,I am really disappointed ; I have been fan of Deportivo for many years. I expected them to beat Porto, because Deportivos’ home records were better than anybody else throughout the tournament.

[Edited on 5-5-2004 by rassel]
Old May 5, 2004, 02:13 PM
Cricket Legend

What a goal by Gronkjaer's cross-cum-shot!
Great performance from monako.

Old May 16, 2004, 12:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Default Morientes blow for Monaco

Fernando Morientes is a major doubt for the Champions League final after being stretchered off in Monaco's 4-1 defeat to Rennes in the French Championship.
Morientes scored Monaco's goal before picking up an ankle injury that left him in severe discomfort.

The defeat all but ended Monaco's hopes of winning the French Championship despite main rivals Lyon also being beaten by Paris St Germain.

Morientes has 10 days to recover for the Champions League final on 26 May.

BBC

[Edited on 28-5-2004 by rassel]
Old May 25, 2004, 09:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Default Champions League final facts and trivia

LONDON, May 25 (Reuters) - Facts and trivia ahead of Wednesday's 2003/2004 Champions League final between Porto and Monaco:

PORTO

===== * Porto have appeared in three European finals. They beat Bayern Munich 2-1 in 1987 to win the European Cup and Celtic 3-2 after extra-time to win the UEFA Cup in 2003. They also played in the 1984 Cup Winners Cup final which they lost to Juventus. * Porto have remained unbeaten against French sides this season. They played Olympique Marseille and Olympique Lyon in earlier rounds. * Porto goalkeeper Vitor Baia can become the 10th player in European football history to have won all three major European trophies. He won the Cup Winners' Cup with Barcelona in 1997 and the UEFA Cup in 2003 with Porto. * Porto's current 10-match unbeaten run in European competition is a club record and equals the Portuguese record set by Benfica in 1982/1983. * Porto midfielder Costinha played for, and captained, Monaco during his four-season spell at the club between 1997 and 2001. * Porto's Carlos Alberto will be the ninth youngest player to have played in a European Cup final if he makes an appearance. * Three Porto players have so far completed every minute (1,080) of their side's 12 Champions League matches. They are Ricardo Carvalho, Vitor Baia and Paulo Ferreira. * Porto could become the second club to win the European Cup the season after winning the UEFA Cup. Liverpool also did this in 1976 and 1977. * Porto have not had a player dismissed in this season's Champions League.

MONACO

====== * Monaco's only previous appearance in a European final was a 2-0 defeat by Werder Bremen in the 1992 Cup Winners' Cup final. The match was played in the Portuguese capital, Lisbon. * Monaco last faced a Portuguese club in European competition back in 1997 when they beat Sporting 3-2 in the Champions League group stages. * Monaco coach Didier Deschamps would become the second successive coach to have won the European Cup as a coach and as a player after AC Milan's Carlo Ancelotti last season. * Deschamps would also become the youngest coach to win the European Cup. He would be 35 years and 224 days old. This would beat the record held by Jose Villalonga who won with Real Madrid in 1956 aged 36 years and 184 days old. * Monaco defender Hugo Ibarra is on loan at the club from Porto. * Fernando Morientes can become the 12th player to win the European Cup with two different clubs. He also won the European Cup with Real Madrid in 1998, 2000 and 2002. * Monaco have the two leading scorers in the 2003/2004 Champions League. Fernando Morientes has nine goals and striker Dado Prso, heading for Rangers, has seven goals. * Monaco finished third in Ligue 1, thus should they fail to win the final they would have to enter at the third qualifying round of next season's Champions League. * Monaco defender Andreas Zikos is the only player to have been sent off twice during the 2003/2004 Champions League season. * Julien Rodriguez has completed every minute (1,080) of Monaco's 12 Champions League matches so far. * This will be Monaco's 125th European match.

MATCH FACTS

=========== * This will be the first match between the two sides in European competition. * Porto and Monaco were the two beaten semi-finalists in the 1994 Champions League. * Although there have been only 49 European Cup finals, this is the 50th match as the 1974 final between Atletico Madrid and bayern Munich required a replay. * This is the sixth European Cup final to be staged in Germany. * French clubs have a poor record in European Cup finals. Only once in five attempts have a French club won the European Cup final - Olympique Marseille in 1993. * Monaco's Lucas Bernardi and Porto's Jorge Costa, Costinha and Deco Souza lead the bookings table. Each has received four yellow cards during the 2003/2004 Champions League season
Old May 26, 2004, 03:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Porto thrashed Monaco like a third class team! This is too much to take for Morrienties fan.:P
Old May 26, 2004, 03:36 PM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

It seems to me that u r trying hard to promote European football in this messageboard. Anyway Porto deserves this.
Old May 26, 2004, 04:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by reverse_swing
It seems to me that u r trying hard to promote European football in this messageboard. Anyway Porto deserves this.

I have been watching European football for past 10 years. It is very hard to say that now but, but I even like football more than cricket. I am great fan of English Premier League, Primera Liga, and Bundesliga as well. (By the way, I ain’t promoting anything, I see some members interested in football as well). I live for football man; especially, World Cup. One more thing; I am regular football player in Florida and once a while I play cricket as well.