facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old April 15, 2014, 07:32 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Default Have you ever been burglarized, robbed?

Share your experience.

dakait, pati chor, pocket mar, hijacker, molom party etc.'er khoppor'rey porso kono din?

Sandel tho churi gasey!!

Old April 15, 2014, 08:52 PM
Cricket Savant

today, by irs
Old April 15, 2014, 10:08 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

It was 1999. I was returning after an interview at Khulna University in the night coach. Those dacoits were all wearing lungi and had sharp desi weapons at best. Started beating the driver somewhere near Faridpur and forced a detour. Emptied everyone's pocket - interestingly my 500 taka note which was not in my wallet was not taken or should I say they failed to gather the idea that I would be so courageous not to surrender everything.

Well I know if they found the money at any point I could be in deep trouble. Anyways, they ran out of the bus in a jiffy, Usain Bolt fail. I reached Dhaka around noon whereas was supposed to be home before breakfast.
Old April 15, 2014, 10:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
today, by irs
y? wanted a refund on your unemployment benefits but didnt get it.... ?

you are welcome zeeshan, i believe i am paying for your verizon fios and iphone 6.

on topic i have been mugged few times.... most recently a wallet is gone that had my SOcial security card in it..... i am actually somewhat worried..... i lost all my papers to identify myself.

there is someone out there that maybe getting narcotics using my insurance card and perhaps saving lives with ACLS protcol :p and/or purchasing houses..who knows.
Old April 15, 2014, 10:38 PM
Cricket Savant

I always fantasize about pulling a keanu reeves/matrix when attacked by muggers...
Old April 16, 2014, 01:10 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Not burglarized but severely beaten by a group of gangbangers in the Mission District of San Francisco in 1988. I was 21, impetuous and got into a loud argument with the local heroin dealer over a game of pool at the Albion. His guys were waiting for me when I left the bar later. I was overpowered, thrown down, and viciously kicked in the ribs and the head close to 30 times before a passing SFPD patrol car caused them to cease and flee. No concussion, broken ribs or anything by the supreme grace of GOD. I never pressed charges.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old April 16, 2014, 04:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

I got robbed pretty recently. It was by the Bangladesh Cricket team. After they lost to associate teams they robbed my passion for the game. It was a terrible situation to face. I never pressed charges.
Old April 16, 2014, 02:33 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
I got robbed pretty recently. It was by the Bangladesh Cricket team. After they lost to associate teams they robbed my passion for the game. It was a terrible situation to face. I never pressed charges.
Good one.
Old April 16, 2014, 03:04 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

dhur bolar moto kichui nai, magar ekbar supermarket e dhukar agey butchery thekey kina halal goshto receptionist er kachey rekhey gesilam, churi hoya gesey
nijeke shantona disi kono papi amar usilay halal goshto khailo

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old April 17, 2014, 08:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

Koyta bolbo? ovigota to ar kom holo na ai bepare..

But just talking about the recent incident which is still very fresh for me so writing in details- where I was successful from escaping..

It was after Magrib prayer, I was returning from masjid and it was raining lightly.. when I entered a lane close to my house I say 3-4 young ppl also entered the lane behind me. As it was raining there were no other people in that lane at that time also the street lamp was not turned on.. some faint light coming from nearby houses. But as I could feel one of the people behind me started walking quickly and crossed me and when he was heading towards me after stopping I just could remember he was trying to say something but Alhamdulillah due to my natural instinct and previous experience I could sense something is wrong and I started shouting. The three people who are closer to me got startled by this as it was very much unexpected for them as they haven't yet started their action. Then I realized if I proceed forward I won't be able to make up running to the end of the lane as I just entered few steps into that lane and quite few yards to go. Though it was easier to move forward for me at that time. However i don't know what happened I made a U turn and started to run forward. The guy who was closer to me attempted to catch me but failed. The other to guys was far from me but as I moved few steps backward I saw the last one standing just in front of me and from the back someone shouted to that guy to catch me....

I don't know what I was thinking at that time but I incresed the speed and there were little space to move as I was in one side of the wall and all I could do is crush on to that last guy. I was just hoping that I would drag him out of the lane and hope to find someone. But that guy seemed to be too strong for me. But I had only two choice then, either to stop and make the settlement or try my luck. I chose to proceed... It was still raining that time and the last thing I wanted just happened for me.. as i was close to that guy I slipped just in front of him and fell down.....

I thought that I would never fall down if I run like this on any time but it had to be that time... But then in split of second I realized that all the falter we face in life has something good deep inside it.. That guy had spread his arms to catch me and when I just fell in front of him I moved up and I could dodge him under his arm automatically and I could come out of the lane where I saw other ppl around.. Escaped...

I can still feel that every moment. It was one of the closest encounter i faced and I wonder as I was making disturbances and if I was caught at that time I would have been seriously harmed. It was just my natural instinct that drove me and as it came all of a sudden so I couldn't control also that place is quite safe in other days.. and as I was coming from mosque I was not carrying enough money or mobile phone to satisfy them so I wonder if they even would have caught me what was written in my fate at that time...
But from their side one of the mistakes I found in their operation is that the attempted to attack me bit early as they might have not thought that I would make the u turn and I also guess they are novice as when I shouted they just stopped for a few seconds and that gave me the time to move back and run. Better luck next time guys..

However I found a sweet small morale from the incident.. if you get stuck or feel short of luck at any point of life don't just fall back but move forward with patience and ambition there is always light and something good is waiting at the end of the tunnel from the Almighty..
Old April 17, 2014, 08:52 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
Epic.
Old April 17, 2014, 02:47 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

I think I already said this in BC before but I will narrate again

I was walking in the street and this old Indian man stopped me. Very innocent looking old grandfather type fellow. Apparently he lost his baggage and have no money to go anywhere. He said he is a physician and if I buy his bus ticket to NJ, he will give me $10k. I said, ok you are a doctor? so what's your name? I don't have any money on me(I had some in wallet), but I will go to my univ campus which was around the corner and get some money from friends. He said okay. I went to the next corner and searched his name in my phone. Nothing came up. I returned to the same spot but he was nowhere to be seen. He was gone.

I saw him after few more months around the same area. He started walking to me and I just said "stop asking me for money, you are a scammer". He got pissed and yelled "you are a faggot" and ran away. I am like WTF just happened!!
Old April 18, 2014, 10:16 AM
Cricket Savant

Sears thekey dami ek pair juta kinay desh'e gasi. Biye khaite lagbey. ek din porsi. So anyways, choley asha'r shomoi hoisey. Suitcase gusalo shara. Ami last'a amar wife'er shari'r upor juta' jora rekhe suitcase lock koray disi. Dhaka airport, VIP'tey boshey asi. ek lok eshey passport ar shob luggage niye galo. Flight'er aro dui ghonta baki. Got our passports back. Full family niye plane'a uthlam.

Bashai ashchi, wife onno romm'a luggage khultey'i chilla chilli lagai disey. ki hoilo kay janey (woman)!! As ususal complain monay hoi. So room'er kasey jetei suni, "tumi tomar moila juta amar shari'r uppor rakso kano?"

Ami tho hotobak. Brand new juta, ek din porsi = moila juta?

Someone at the airport, opened the luggage took my shoes, swapped with their dirty shoes and I guess walked off with them. Nothing else was missing. Grrrrrrrrrrr!!!!! kada makha, worn out shoes over her shari.
Old April 21, 2014, 06:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

The kind of stories about getting burgled are exactly why I will invest in a guard dog.

Old April 22, 2014, 11:21 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: shakib al hasan

cool thread. No, i haven't gotten robbed or burglarized but i did get beaten and I did require 4 stitching.
Old April 23, 2014, 08:35 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moh899
cool thread. No, i haven't gotten robbed or burglarized but i did get beaten and I did require 4 stitching.
kono mey ghotitho bepar? Then deserved, lol.
Old April 23, 2014, 12:01 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

When i was in grade 5/6 my parent bought me some new bata shoes that i wanted for ages. so before the night of the Eid i took them out from the box wiped and brushed them (new shoes!) and put them on stairs (we had two stories home in banani) and went to bed. During Eid morning woke up really early and ran to get my shoes but I couldn't find them and nor i could find the new snadels (those were cheap snog sandels) . found out the theif came from the roof, got inside the home but as all our rooms where locked he could roam around the stair area and took my new shoes and sandels. I was so sad, went to prayer with old sandles and became lughing stock to my friends... spend all day with sadness and as i had to wait the whole year to get those shoes... anyway long story short... Next day My mama (not my mom but her brother) came and had a look at me took to the same bata store (still not sure why they were open during next day of eid) and bought me the same pair and the funny thing is the sales man were asking didn't you buy this the day before (of forgot to mention that i bought them the day before eid). so i told him the story and the bata manager gave us a discount too. (you will never get a better eid story then this...)
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old April 23, 2014, 12:07 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

2nd story. The burglar on the same home got into the 1st floor room (where we study and keep our sporting goods) by cutting the grill. now he took some wall watch and my brand new Ishan cricket bat that my dad bought from pakistan and all our cricket gears (bat, pads, thypad guards, wickets etc). he actually took the coffin that had everything in it. we called police, they investigated for 3 hours left. then i started my own investigation from a foot print i found, in front of the window... followed the path he might have taken and sure enough after he crossed two home (which i did too) he left all my cricket stuff on the ground and used the bag to take the wall watch... idiot). All the cricketing gears with bat might have cost 10k (those days) where as the watch might have been 100taka... lol I was happy to get all my gears back and started to keep them under my bed...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old April 23, 2014, 12:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Akabir bhai you should be a detective
Old May 12, 2014, 06:54 PM
Cricket Savant

Kau ki molom party'r khopporay porsen? Attio?
Old May 19, 2014, 08:44 AM
Cricket Savant

Last year, My choto chacha (retired banker) went to meet his old buddies at motijheel. Anyways, he got some money out of the bank (All 5 and 10 taka notes), ate lunch with friends and was coming back to New DOHS. He took a bus. The guy sitting next to him indentified as a banker as well. Had some chit chat and offered chomon bahar which he was having (eating). Now my Chacha NEVER took food from strangers, NEVER. That day for no reason he accepted them chomon bahar.

At home he was suppose to be back before Dhohor prayers. Well after 2pm with him as a no show, people started to be a little worried. Called his cell phone several times. It rang but no one picked up. Around 3:30pm someone answered his phone. It was the bus driver with a very shaky voice. The old man is lying down with "fena" in his mouth. We are at gazipur please send someone or he will die.
Everyone at home thought he must have had a heart attack because he had heart condition.

Long story short, with help of Army mobile unit, he was transported to Dhaka CMH by 5:30pm. He was unconcious and got tummy wash. After 3 days he got his sense back. Al hamdulillah he is doing okay now.

Lesson: Do not take anything from strangers at any circumstances.
Old June 24, 2014, 11:22 AM
Cricket Savant

Default Have you ever burglarized, robbed?

What have you stolen recently?

Share!

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old June 24, 2014, 11:24 AM
Cricket Savant

Hmmm....great concern!

Old June 24, 2014, 11:40 AM
Cricket Savant

sigh........ekta trolling skool khullei purta'am!