facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 20, 2014, 03:02 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

We have been missing Saqlain as the spin bowling coach. Specially the off-spinners like Shohag and Riyad are finding it tough to continue good work without his consistent guidance.

As far as I remember, he refused to continue here in Bangladesh as full time coach. But he gave his positive consent to remain available few months in a calender year. What happened to that?

Old February 20, 2014, 05:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Don't see any reason why our coaching staff is restricted to 2 not so popular coaches. Corey richards and Jurgensen aren't bad but are they good enough to take care of an entire team?

We need to SMushtaq to come back.
Old February 20, 2014, 10:12 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Saqlain is in WI now for a coaching stint. Akram Khan indicated to not have Saqi during national team matches. His theory was Saqi won't have enough time and can only teach Gazi (or others in the national setup). He wants Saqi to come during off season so he can have a camp with a lot of spinners.
Old February 20, 2014, 11:34 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
Saqlain is in WI now for a coaching stint. Akram Khan indicated to not have Saqi during national team matches. His theory was Saqi won't have enough time and can only teach Gazi (or others in the national setup). He wants Saqi to come during off season so he can have a camp with a lot of spinners.
Saqi is a great tactician which Shane lacks. Whenever Saqi was with the team we saw it's reflection in the team approach, strategy, body language. Akram Khan is full of garbage in his brain just like his tummy. Idiot.
Old February 20, 2014, 11:52 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
Is that true? Has he even watched how Saqlain worked with the players and strategy in every match? All deadweights need to go, irrespective of their past contributions.

From now, "what have you done for me lately?" is my motto.
Old February 20, 2014, 11:52 AM
Cricket Sage

I have a very simple question:

Is bolwing coach's impact to a bowler is solid or volatie and needed to re-injected?

For exmaple, what ever Saqlian coached to Gazi, can he utilize that even Saqlian is still not here? Or Saqlain need to babyseat and spoonfeed Gazi to keep him effective?

At this level, I would think that Gazi should be able to apply whatever Saqlian teached him, even when he is not around.

if we need Saqlain all the time, then why not ask him to take BD citizenship and let Saqlian play for us instead of Gazi.
Old February 20, 2014, 11:58 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
I have a very simple question:

Is bolwing coach's impact to a bowler is solid or volatie and needed to re-injected?

For exmaple, what ever Saqlian coached to Gazi, can he utilize that even Saqlian is still not here? Or Saqlain need to babyseat and spoonfeed Gazi to keep him effective?

At this level, I would think that Gazi should be able to apply whatever Saqlian teached him, even when he is not around.

if we need Saqlain all the time, then why not ask him to take BD citizenship and let him Saqlian play for us instead of Gazi.
The answer is simple I think. The impact is partially permanent and partially volatile. That's why teams like Australia needs coaches. Their players normally come to international level with good skills and experience.

Also if someone knows something doesn't mean that he can apply it during hard times. Some mentor is needed to guide and help during tough times.

We don't have good experienced off-spinners in Bangladesh who can guide young off-spinners just like we have a good flow of SLAs. Saqi is a good tactician too. BCB is making more than enough money. So I don't see any point of not keeping good coaches with the team.
Old February 20, 2014, 12:05 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
The answer is simple I think. The impact is partially permanent and partially volatile. That's why teams like Australia needs coaches. Their players normally come to international level with good skills and experience.

Also if someone knows something doesn't mean that he can apply it during hard times. Some mentor is needed to guide and help during tough times.

We don't have good experienced off-spinners in Bangladesh who can guide young off-spinners just like we have a good flow of SLAs. Saqi is a good tactician too. BCB is making more than enough money. So I don't see any point of not keeping good coaches with the team.
Fair enough. Then other player will also make excuse like Tamim needs Siddon, Rubel needs Akram, Anamul needs dada Bhai, Rahim needs (pick a retied WK), and so forth and then besides our head coach, other coaches we will need additonal 14 individual personal coaches for the national team.
Old February 20, 2014, 12:15 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Fair enough. Then other player will also make excuse like Tamim needs Siddon, Rubel needs Akram, Anamul needs dada Bhai, Rahim needs (pick a retied WK), and so forth and then besides our head coach, other coaches we will need additonal 14 individual personal coaches for the national team.
I don't think so.

One good spin bowling coach should be enough. As Saqi is proven with our team, I asked for him. For batting, we already have a batting coach. Don't we?
Old February 20, 2014, 01:27 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Also I think Shaq brings confidence to our player don't know the reason but i think he gives our players the father like guidance that the other coaches don't.
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old February 20, 2014, 01:52 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Saqlain is busy with his cricket academy.

ar coach diya ki hoibo? odher ki haate dhore khawai dibo naki shob?

coach na thakle tara rastar cha dokane boshe adda dibo practice korbe na. just khelar ager din ektu shorir gorom korbe. bhalo bowler hote hole take ghontar por ghonta diner por din different variation niya kaj korte hobe.

kintu amader player ra eshober kisui kore na. nij theke je kisu ekta korbe sheta tader theke asha koratai paap.
Old February 27, 2014, 06:29 AM
Cricket Legend

We could really use Saqlains help now.

We really need a strike spin bowler. Someone who can win the match with the ball. We are a little naturally disadvantaged in the pace department. At least we should focus on producing a few good spinners. The likes of Elias Sunny, Arafat Sunny, Enamul Jnr, Nabil Samad, Saqlain Sajib are great against bottom handed right handed batsmen in low bouncing wickets.

Minute you pit them against quality batsmen they ll struggle. Also a reason why we have such a bad time against left handed batsmen.