facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old March 15, 2013, 11:34 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin
BDFlag ***All About Bangladeshi Politics: The Definitive Bangladeshi Politics Thread***

The spirit of Shahbagh is alive and well in Bangladesh, and the Shahbagh thread should be re-opened here in BC to discuss ICT trials and surrounding issues. These are NATIONAL issues of great importance in Bangladesh, and that thread won't "run its course" anytime soon.

Perhaps everything involving Bangladeshi political parties and our take on their activities, especially the okaj and kukaj we know too well, can be discussed here.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Old March 16, 2013, 02:04 AM
Cricket Savant

Thumbs up Ivy leads local upheaval against the terrorist Shamim Osman

Quote:
TOKI MURDER IN N'GANJ:
Father, mayor point finger at Osman family

Rafiur Rabbi, father of slain Tanvir Mohammad Toki, and Narayanganj City Corporation Mayor Selina Hayat Ivy have pointed finger at Awami League leader Shamim Osman and his family for the murder.

This is the first time the victim’s father and the incumbent mayor made the allegation at a public rally yesterday, seven days after the 17-year-old was found dead in the Shitalakkhya river.

Narayanganj Nagorik Samaj organised the rally as part of a five-day programme of Narayanganj Sangiskritik Jote at Chashara Central Shaheed Minar in the town.

Rabbi, a social and cultural activist, alleged that Shamim killed his son as he had protested against the bus fare hike and railway land grabbing, and worked in favour of Ivy during the Narayanganj city election.

“Toki was murdered at a time when we are waging a movement, demanding maximum punishment to the war criminals and a ban on the politics of Jamaat-Shibir,” said Rabbi, also the convener of Narayanganj Gonojagoron Mancha.

Eight to 11 killers fled the country through Benapole border with the help of a C&F agent having business with one of Shamim’s brothers, he alleged.

He also said one of Shamim’s brothers told the home minister not to do anything in connection with Toki’s killing.

Rabbi alleged that people in the town heard sounds of torture from some torture cells at night, but the administration cannot hear those.

Referring to Shamim, Ivy said, “You killed Rabbi’s son as he worked for me during the city corporation polls. I know you are a coward and if you have courage, kill me.”

She added that a few days ago Shamim said he did not kill Toki. “None told you that you killed Toki, then why do you consider yourself as a special quarter?”

“You know who killed Toki as you have connections with many agencies.

“If you know who killed Toki, then bring him — whoever he might be and whichever party he belongs to — before the public. Only then we will do politics with you, otherwise we will boycott you,” she told the rally.

LINK
Mayor Ivy represents what's great about AL whilst Osman the genuine evil.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old March 16, 2013, 02:08 AM
Test Cricketer

Osman miya when joined with Jamat Shibir ?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old March 16, 2013, 02:11 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Khaleda slams Shahbagh youths

BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia yesterday called the Gonojagoron Mancha at Shahbagh a platform of “atheists and spoilt people”.

She threatened that there would be a counter mancha (platform) if the Shahbagh demonstrations were not shut down and that people would march towards Dhaka to bring the government down.

“Shahbagh Square is an atheists’ square. There are five crore youths in the country and less than a percent of them are in Shahbagh,” she said.

“These youths scream ‘death penalty for war criminals’ … they sing and dance and do many evil deeds there.”

READ MORE

Last edited by Sohel; March 16, 2013 at 03:32 AM..
Old March 16, 2013, 02:15 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
No conflict with any religion
Assert youths at Ashulia Gonojagoron rally

Despite threats from a radical Islamist group and homemade bomb blasts, hundreds of people yesterday joined the Gonojagoron Mancha rally in Ashulia, where protesters reaffirmed that they were not atheists and against no religion.

They said the youth’s movement had never mentioned anything derogatory to Islam or Prophet Muhammad (pubh) and would never do so. They believe in Islam as the country’s masses.

The rally was held around 4:00pm in front of Fantasy Kingdom at Jamgora in Ashulia, on the outskirts of the capital.

The protesters once again pledged that they would not return home without making Bangladesh free of war criminals and Jamaat-Shibir.

READ MORE
It was wonderful to see so many people gather, totally unafraid MashAllah despite real threats.
Old March 16, 2013, 02:40 AM
Administrator

With that, Khaleda Zia has consigned herself and the BNP to the dustbin of history. If not now, soon. She has completely aligned herself with the fanatical bigoted zealots of the JI. Increasingly so, she and her party are dancing to the tunes of their master. BNP is now the junior ally. Shame really. We needed strong party closer to the center to balance the AL.

“The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.”

Last edited by Zunaid; March 16, 2013 at 08:41 AM..
Old March 16, 2013, 08:39 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

As a neutral person, I think AL politics left no option for Khaleda but to be aligned with Jamat. If the cry for war crimes tribunal in Shahbag could hold on it's neutral ground, it would be possible for Khaleda to be in their support. But now,it would mean, BNP aligned with cleaning all Awami dirty linen through Shahbag.

As per the BNP leaders on channel I tritio matra: they said clearly, if Jamat is banned today, they will be out of BNP alliance...they are aligned with a registered party just like Awami league was aligned in 86 and 92..Secondly, AL needs to agree to hold election under CTG...to get BNP on their side.

IMO, politically, BNP has a correct stance, because, AL is just exploiting this warcrimes issue to, cover up their misdeeds and make the farce of an election to come to power. If AL wants BNP to do good politics, AL as the party in power also needs to do honest politics first.

Making these gono nirapotta committees are just going to spread violence to village level. If BNP doesn't counter that; these Awami committees will just sort out their personal enemies and a lots of opposition and innocent people will suffer in the hand of BCL thugs...

So, it's all dirty politics going on from both sides and the government needs to come clean first....otherwise opposition always gets the legitimacy, since they are acting in response to the acts of party in power.

Bad days over all, for the people.
Old March 16, 2013, 06:16 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Since i am a neutral too, i think BNP is doing a great mistake by supporting Jamat, Shibir and also calling the youth of Shahbagh 'Nastiks' ! Khaleda Zia better keep her mouth shut cause many of BNP leaders are not liking her speeches too lately.

As a neutral person, i think AL govt needs to change some of their Ministers. Those ministers are good for nothing. Hasina should control her 'chatroleague gunda bahini' if she really wants to make any effort for her team. However, one advantage to her is that she is keeping herself away from making any controversial speeches and letting Khaleda Zia say stupid things. Like this

Quote:
মানিকগঞ্জের সিঙ্গাইরে বিএনপির জনসভায় খালেদা জিয়া

আন্দোলন করলে আরও কিছু প্রাণহানি হবে

বিরোধীদলীয় নেত্রী আরও বলেন, ‘আন্দোলন করতে গেলে হয়তো আরও কিছু প্রাণহানি হবে। জানমালের ক্ষতি হবে। কিন্তু দেশের স্বার্থে, মানুষের স্বার্থে এই ক্ষতি মেনে নিতে হবে।’
Old March 16, 2013, 09:58 PM
Administrator

There is no such thing as being neutral in politics. Everyone has a political ideology, and all you are saying yours do not align with the major ideological forces in Bangladesh. And this alignment or lack of alignment is itself not binary in nature. You may have even have 80% overlap in beliefs with a party but the 20% that do not is important enough to you to not be a card carrying member of the party. You may be sympathetic but not overly supportive. You haven't found the ones where you can find a home for that important 20% at least.

I'm not directing at you (as I know you did not imply this) but political neutrality is a cop-out, washing one's hands off the affairs of the country. It means one really does not care enough to make a change and is at best indifferent and at worst culpable of the sins of omission. It is incumbent upon all citizens to discharge their obligations as a citizen. That means getting off the fence and actually trying to effect a change. Sitting on the fence can get mighty painful in one's rear end.
Old March 16, 2013, 10:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The venerated one on BC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
With that, Khaleda Zia has consigned herself and the BNP to the dustbin of history.
Doesn't mean Bangladeshis won't elect her/her party.

Old March 16, 2013, 10:19 PM
Cricket Legend

And I agree with Sohel bhai: the Shahbag thread must be re-opened. It was running a fascinatingly informative dialogue (which at times did lead to petty bickering). Nonetheless, we are in the midst of a defining moment in Bangladeshi history and as a large forum for Bangladeshis, it doesn't make sense to not let members participate.
Old March 16, 2013, 10:25 PM
Cricket Savant

someone is pissed for not getting in before the lock

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old March 16, 2013, 10:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
someone is pissed for not getting in before the lock
My post count isn't gonna increase itself, you know.
Old March 17, 2013, 08:04 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
With that, Khaleda Zia has consigned herself and the BNP to the dustbin of history. If not now, soon. She has completely aligned herself with the fanatical bigoted zealots of the JI. Increasingly so, she and her party are dancing to the tunes of their master. BNP is now the junior ally. Shame really. We needed strong party closer to the center to balance the AL.

“The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.”
Couldn't have put it better myself. We need to reform our subverted democracy in meaningful and sustainable ways, and a major opposition party closely competitive at the polls can and must play a critical part in all that.

The BNP leadership, much like its counterpart in the AL, is again proving itself quite adept at believing its own misguidance and lies and putting themselves on the wrong side of history. Tough to recover from that politically, just look at Jamaat-Shibir.
Old March 17, 2013, 09:12 AM
Administrator

Unfortunately, to succeed in politics in Bangladesh these days, it is often necessary to rise above your principles.
Old March 17, 2013, 09:13 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

is this a sequel of Shahbag thread ? :p
I miss that thread.
Anyway, as a neutral person the way I see AL & BNP is that both are evil.
AL is a smart Evil & BNP is the dumb evil.
currently BNP doing everything to make sure they won't win the coming election.
Old March 17, 2013, 09:21 AM
Cricket Savant

AND it starts all over again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
As a neutral person, I think
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
Since i am a neutral too,
Quote:
There is no such thing as being neutral in politics....
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
I miss that thread.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old March 17, 2013, 10:24 AM
Cricket Sage

As a neutral person I think none of you guys are neutral.
Old March 17, 2013, 10:28 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
As a neutral person I think none of you guys are neutral.
I agree. We are all biased towards some party.
Old March 17, 2013, 11:03 AM
BD-SL 2017 - LOI Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
As a neutral person, I think
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
Since i am a neutral too
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
I miss that thread.
No one is neutral in our country except mad and kids.
- Ex Prime Minister

Old March 17, 2013, 04:00 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk-Eye
No one is neutral in our country except mad and kids.
- Ex Prime Minister

They definitely are mad...they equate neutrality with insanity... Like mad and kids...
Old March 17, 2013, 05:37 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tendulkar & Ash

স্বরাষ্ট্রমন্ত্র র নিজের মুখেই শুনুন একাত্তরে তার ভূমিকা

Old March 17, 2013, 07:08 PM
Club Cricketer

Hartal is just FUN for these politicians. Look at her smiling and asking the public if they want more hartal. She was elected twice to run the country. I can't even begin imagine how this is all fun and game for her. Amazing, simply amazing.
Old March 17, 2013, 07:11 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

কি ভাই'স... লাগবে আরও হরতাল ? লাগলে ম্যাডাম কে বলতে পারেন। সে ব্যবস্থা করে দিবে ! কার কয়টা হরতাল লাগবে, তাড়াতাড়ি জানান ! বিদেশে থাকি তাই হরতাল কে খুব মিস করি !