facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old June 27, 2011, 09:58 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

We have arrived !!
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=567375

Old June 27, 2011, 10:05 AM
Cricket Guru

Don't know what to make of our draft. Once again, we drafted puck moving D in the first two rounds, and it will be a while before they make it to the big club. But, best of luck to the new Pens. Five more days to UFA signings. We are losing Max Talbot. He will be fondly remembered.
Old June 27, 2011, 10:02 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

@Beamer: You have indeed arrived MashAllah! I'm looking forward to seeing more and players from your neck of the woods feature prominently in the draft. Great for American hockey.

No big move to acquire a big-time defenseman yet but reliable rumor has it, both Weber and Erhoff are in play in Kenny's red book. He has the cash to lure Weber if the Preds fail to sign him. Erhoff would be good replacement for Rafalski.

A whole bunch of Griffins D men are also set to graduate next season with Kindl and Meech leading the pack. Americans Janik, a veteran, and Lashoff, a 20YO may also get in there. Canadians Pyett, Ernhardt and Smith will also have a go. Fatal turnover kings Stuart and Salei better watch out.

Offensively, we'll see guys like Andersson, Ilari Filpuula, Pare, Raedeke, Mursak, Emmerton and Tatar begin to emerge. American goalies Pearce and McCollum will challenge McDonald for the backup spot. Really looking forward to NHL 2011-2012. With Nemesis Setoguchi having left the Sharks, we may actually get back to the SCF where we belong.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old June 28, 2011, 10:11 AM
Cricket Guru

Yes. Great news for American hockey. More regions adapt the game, the better the game will be in America. Pittsburgh area is upcoming. Already players from here are playing in the Under-17, 18 USA development programs. That is why Mario Lemieux's worth can't be measured with just numbers, cups and Penguins. He is more than that. He is an icon here. The Dallas Stars is another organization that is doing a lot for hockey in Texas! Believe it or not !

If Shea Weber goes to the Wings, I don't know which team in West can stop them. Things are heating up leading to Friday. Stamkos remains unsigned. Somebody will overpay Brad Richards. I am hearing Jagr and Pens have a handshake agreement in place which will be announced on Friday.
Old June 28, 2011, 01:08 PM
Cricket Guru

Philly is dumping salary like crazy! They just let go Powe. Also, didn't offer Carcilo an offer sheet, and these players don't make much! I think they are gunning for Stamkos to an offersheet. Some thing like $10 mil per year, which Tampa won't be able to much, though they will get four 1st rounders in compensation. Tampa is not close to signing Stamkos, or they would have done it by now, also they have lost close to $20-25 mil last season in revenue. Again, that LeCavlier contract is their giant pain. He is still signed for next five years for $50 mil with NTC. This will be a tragedy if Stamkos becomes a Flyers. I don't want to hate him. Maple Leafs have a lot of money too, and they too might start a bidding war. Steve Y , don't let this happen, and do something before Friday..
Old June 30, 2011, 11:51 AM
Cricket Guru

Kariya retires. One of my all time favorite player. Jagr, as usual being flaky with his decision. If he doesn't give us an answer by today, I expect Shero to move on, as we have other players to sign by tomorrow.
Old July 1, 2011, 02:03 AM
Cricket Savant

Noon ET, can't wait!
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old July 1, 2011, 08:51 AM
Cricket Guru

It will be interesting come noon today. Buffalo is a dark horse team. The new owner has a lot of money and will spend near the cap. They just signed Earhoff. Don't expect us to be a major player. We have 18 players signed already and only about $6 mil to play with. Maybe, we will re-sign Kennedy and maybe even Jagr, but other than that, not much room to do anything. That's actually fine. Stability is good and too much roster turnover is not necessarily a great thing.

Stamkos hasn't signed! Some body is gonna offer sheet him. Watch! Its gonna be insane. Two years in the league, and the kid is already looking for max amount! He is only an RFA and not arbitration eligible. Just imagine when he is an UFA !

I don't know what I love more. The actual player movement or the money crunching ( capology ) that is associated with free agency ( that includes NFL ). I think its the later. Maybe, because I crunch numbers all day.....: ))
Old July 2, 2011, 01:18 AM
Cricket Savant

So Jagr goes to the thugs of Philadelphia. Sad, really. Then again Peter Forsberg, also a once favorite player of mine, did the same to end his career a year or two early.

No real news on Stamkos yet.
Old July 2, 2011, 12:40 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Brad Richards, what a guy!

Took less money and signed with us and the contract is frontloaded.

Plus we still have money to spend

Gaborik better be ready to play hockey next year, I got no NFL or NBA next year so the Blueshirts it is
Old July 5, 2011, 10:38 AM
Cricket Guru

Now, Rangers have a legit no.1 Center flanking Gaborik. They already have a good defense and great goalie. Good signing. Atlantic Division will be very interesting now. I think Flyers have taken a step back after trading Richards and Carter. Pens should be back healthy. So, it could come down between Pens and Rangers, though Flyers remain a good team, and Devils can turn it around in a hurry.
Old July 7, 2011, 10:04 AM
Cricket Guru

Candid interview of Geno in Russian magazine ! Enjoy...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...urn=nhl-wp8722