facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 25, 2007, 05:16 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default অদ্ভুত এক খেলা!

অদ্ভুত এক খেলা!

একবার, দুইবার, তিনবার, চারবার বন্ধ হল খেলা। এভাবে প্রকৃতীর সাথে খেলার মাখামাখি ইতিহাসে আর হয়েছে কিনা সন্দেহ। হাত থেকে পড়ে মুরগীর ডিম ভাঙ্গার মত যখন বারমুডা’র উইকেট পড়ছে, তখনই অদ্ভুত বর্ষায় ধুয়ে গেল ৪৩ ওভার খেলার ২২ ওভার। সুবিধা হল বারমুডারই। ৪৩ ওভার টিকে থাকার কষ্ট করতে হল না। মাঝখান থেকে এটা হয়ে গেল টুয়েন্টি-টুয়েন্টি ম্যাচ। খেলায় হঠাৎ এই গতি পরিবর্তনে কেমন জানি পাগলা হয়ে গেল তামিম-আফতাব। বারমুডার বলিং এ এত মুভমেন্ট হয়, এটা যেন তারা ভাবতেই পারছিল না। ধুমধাম এদিক সেদিক ব্যাট ছুঁড়ে যেন নিজেদের দাপট দেখাতে চেষ্টা করল তারা। ভারী বর্ষার কারনে পিচ-ও যে পাগলা হয়ে আছে, তা যেন আমলেই আনতে চাইলো না। ফলাফল যা হবার তাই-আত্মাহুতি! সাকিবও চাইছিলো জে এম বি স্টাইলে আত্মহত্যা করতে, কিন্তু ভাগ্য সহায় হয়নি। অনেক চেষ্টা করে আউট হতে না পারায় তাকে শেষ পর্যন্ত কষ্ট করে মাঠে থাকতেই হল! মনে হচ্ছিলো টাইগারেরা মরা খেলায় কিছু থ্রীল আনার আপ্রান চেষ্টা করছেন!

আজব ব্যাপার হল, যেই আশরাফুল কে সর্বদা গালাগালি করা হয় পাগলামীর জন্য, সেই কিনা এসে টাইগারদের আউলা ঝাউলা ব্যাটিং-এ কিছুটা মান-সম্মান আর সভ্যতা ফিরিয়ে আনলো ! বৃষ্টি ভেজা মাঠে ভয়ঙ্করভাবে ডান-বাম করতে থাকা বলিং খেলতে গিয়ে এমন ছেরাবেরা অবস্থা দেখে একটু ভয়ই ধরে যাচ্ছিলো শুরুর দিকে!

আশরাফুলের ফর্ম এ ফেরার ইঙ্গিত যেমন পাওয়া গেল এই ম্যাচ-এ, তেমনি শাহরিয়ার নাফিস এর ফর্ম নিয়ে কিছু শঙ্কা কি দেখা যাচ্ছে না?

বড়ই অদ্ভুত খেলা দেখলাম! প্লেয়ারেরা নিজেরাই বুঝে উঠতে পারছিলো না এটা ওয়ান ডে নাকি টুয়েন্টি-টুয়েন্টি!
তবুও, অভিবাদন বাংলাদেশ-কে। (পঁচা শামুকে পা কাটতে কাটতে বেচে যাওয়ায়!)

Old March 25, 2007, 05:22 PM
Cricket Legend

heh.. well written, I cudnt watch the game (after that 15.1 over break of BER innings) and now when I am going through the result, two words describe it well - PAGLA & Odbhut...

anyways, Well done tigers.... that was a well played twenty-one/twenty-one
Old March 25, 2007, 05:24 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

it was frustrating for all of us. but in the end we came out on top.
Old March 25, 2007, 05:29 PM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

asholei khub odbhut ekta khela hoilo ajke. weired.
allah r rohomote jita gesi amra. well done Tigers.
Old March 25, 2007, 05:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Nicely put. I cudnt believe the way Aftab & SN got out. Aftab got out twice in 2 matches in similar fashion. lbw and back foot lbw. Means playing not in the line of the ball. Also SN, being a openning batter, played a ball to midwicket and closing the face of bat when he KNOWS that the bowler is out swinging the ball. He shud be playing in the V area with straight bat. I am really worried abt his batting. For our sake he needs to get out of this slum as soon as possible. For Aftab, one more game and if he fails again, he shud be rested and bring another bowler and send Mushfiq in his place.
Old March 25, 2007, 05:46 PM
Cricket Legend

hOur batsmen still lack batting knowledge, I wonder if no one gave them lesson how to face swing deliveries. Learn from watching others play atleast they could have done that. When the ball is swinging and the batsmen is unable to know which way the ball will move, it is basic rule that you play few inches outside your crease to take the swing away with the bat before it swings, then the bowler either has to have the wicket keeper come close and he has to pitch up to the batsmen and then also easy to kill the swing. Now the question is did the players knew this strategy or not?

There was no run rate pressure from the beginning, yet they tried with all their force to hit ball hard, instead of trying to guide the ball through the gaps or just try to hit soft and take singles, because even if they hit hard the max they were able to take was a single too. Our top batsmen do not know how to work the ball into the gap or play straight drive to rotate strike, rather they are always going for the slam swoosh shots, where ball is flying left and right without any control.

Our future does not look good with these type of attitude from our batting side, the new hot blood is needed, but they will soon perish as their success will be once in a blue moon.
Old March 25, 2007, 05:48 PM
Banned

Nicely put, Ahmed B. I saw Ashraful's batting against Sri Lanka. He played spin and seam so so well. It was a waste to send him in at # 7. I think he is ready for a push up. However, even if the management does not put him in # 4 or 5, we still have a dependable guy late in the order now. This could really help.
Old March 25, 2007, 05:56 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed_B
[বাংলা]অদ্ভুত এক খেলা!
Very well said.
Old March 25, 2007, 05:59 PM
ODI Cricketer

If you saw hablu's face when it needed 40!!. my god.. he looked really scared to go out and bat. well we all knew what would happen.. he would probably do even worse than aftab and nafis.
he looked glad that he didn't had to bat.. ..
Old March 25, 2007, 06:03 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash, Moyna, Cutter, Task

Yap, our Hablu Bashar has problems with his nervousness, otherwise he would have had 10 test hundreds or even more.
Old March 25, 2007, 06:05 PM
Cricket Legend

I am happy to see that beating Bermuda today was not a walk in the park, thanks to mother nature. This difficult win should be another timely boost in confidence for our players before super-8.
Old March 25, 2007, 06:11 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Till now when it rains i used to remember that ICC final... now rain will remind me of todays game...

Ash is still notout.. can keep it that way next 6 matches?
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old March 25, 2007, 09:43 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib, Tamim, Tendulkar

wow...darun likesen
Old March 25, 2007, 09:52 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Haha good post, echoes my feelings exactly. Though I'm grateful to both Sakib and Ash for maintaining their partnership and good running between the wicket. It was a difficult pitch to bat on so I don't blame them too much.
Old March 26, 2007, 09:18 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

আজকের পেপার পড়ে জানতে পারলাম, বাংলাদেশ যদি বারমুডার ৯ উইকেট ফেলে দিতে না পারতো, তাহলে ডি/এল মেথডে 'রিভাইসড টার্গেট ‘অনেক বেশী হতে পারত! কপাল ভাল টাইগারদের, টেনসন আরেকটু বেশী হলেই খাইসিলো ধরা!!
Old March 26, 2007, 10:36 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed_B

আজব ব্যাপার হল, যেই আশরাফুল কে সর্বদা গালাগালি করা হয় পাগলামীর জন্য, সেই কিনা এসে টাইগারদের আউলা ঝাউলা ব্যাটিং-এ কিছুটা মান-সম্মান আর সভ্যতা ফিরিয়ে আনলো !
jobbor kotha. i never thought i'd live to see the day when ashraful came in and stabilized our batting to eventually take us to victory.

Quote:

আশরাফুলের ফর্ম এ ফেরার ইঙ্গিত যেমন পাওয়া গেল এই ম্যাচ-এ, তেমনি শাহরিয়ার নাফিস এর ফর্ম নিয়ে কিছু শঙ্কা কি দেখা যাচ্ছে না?
jacche boiki. he seemed to have a hard time picking the bad balls, which shows that he might just be out of form. same goes with aftab - he seems to be out of form as well.