facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old May 5, 2010, 11:01 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

You can find the full video highlights of this match on the link. Review lekhar icca chhilo, but bangladesh ja korlo, tar por mon mejaj khub kharap hoye gesilo...

http://bangladeshtalks.com/index.php?topic=484.0

Old May 5, 2010, 11:06 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

i think this was the biggest disappointment of the year of all the games we lost where we raised hopes of winning. just below the disappointment when we lost to SL in triseries final after having them 6/5

what next, losing to england in lords test by 1 run ???
Old May 5, 2010, 11:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

That was shocking game. I only saw the last over and the Tait I think got a hattrick on his last over!
Old May 5, 2010, 11:32 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by offstump
i think this was the biggest disappointment of the year of all the games we lost where we raised hopes of winning. just below the disappointment when we lost to SL in triseries final after having them 6/5

what next, losing to england in lords test by 1 run ???
I think Eng tour was even more disappointing. This whole year has been disappointing
Old May 5, 2010, 11:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

It's hard to believe we are yet to register a victory this year, so many times we got within touching distance of a victory only to be denied by suicides, umpires, some super human performance. I am almost depressed now.
Old May 6, 2010, 12:05 AM
Cricket Guru

This is so sad. What happened to our "improved" batting department?!
Old May 6, 2010, 12:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell2k7
Yeah, and he already knows how to bat better than Ashrafool
Well said mate! Cannot think a better reply!

Last edited by bdtiger; May 6, 2010 at 12:46 AM..
Old May 6, 2010, 12:17 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Anjelo Mathews,Malinga

Heart breaking stuff by BD batsmen just threw their wickets away, They should have taken more singles and couples rather than going for sixes and fours very disappointing,
Old May 6, 2010, 12:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
This is so sad. What happened to our "improved" batting department?!
gone in 60 seconds
Old May 6, 2010, 12:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

Well Played Bangladesh. Need to learn many things but Bangladesh improved. Bowlers used the wicket and restrict Australia within 141.

Bangladesh do not have ability to face Aussie bowling in this kind of wicket. I didn't expect it. So, whatever they have done is 100% OK.

Good Luck for England series. Forget what happened, concentrate on future.
Old May 6, 2010, 12:44 AM
Street Cricketer

এখানে দেখুন। http://www.somewhereinblog.net/blog/...48967#c4431241
Old May 6, 2010, 01:59 AM
Cricket Sage

you know If OZ batsman's whopped us out there then we could have at least said ok the had a really high mountain to climb, but it was nothing like that. Mushy and Shakib could have easily turned game around for us all they needed to do was just rotate the strike and occasional boundary, they were doing perfectly fine. and seeing how easily runs were coming I still can't figure out why we felt like we had to push on the gas so hard. Even though during the batting innings the match was never within our reach, at the same time it wasn't too far out of our reach. they just needed to survive out there. when will they learn the importance of singles? I think JS should make them play practice matches where they are not allowed to score off of boundary, they can't hit boundary no matter what, juicy full toss, free hit, nothing, only play for singles and doubles. I think this would be a great way to practice maybe in time they will replicate from practice match to actual game.
Old May 6, 2010, 02:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imteaz
Well Played Bangladesh. Need to learn many things but Bangladesh improved. Bowlers used the wicket and restrict Australia within 141.

Bangladesh do not have ability to face Aussie bowling in this kind of wicket. I didn't expect it. So, whatever they have done is 100% OK.

Good Luck for England series. Forget what happened, concentrate on future.
No need of improvement...we just want to win matches ....improvement dhuye ki pani khabo
Old May 6, 2010, 02:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by crikss
No need of improvement...we just want to win matches ....improvement dhuye ki pani khabo
Win chaile oi improvement tai dorkar. Nahole last 10 years dhore je nijeder Bagh bole field e gie Bilai hochi tai hote hobe.

Win eto shoja na je eikhane boshe discuss korlam ar hoe gelo.
Old May 6, 2010, 02:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by crikss
ধরি মাছ , না ছুই পানি?

হবেনা...
Old May 6, 2010, 03:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib/Anamul

As I have been saying everytime after a Bangladesh match - "Just Another Day in the Life of a Bangladeshi Cricket Fan"
Old May 6, 2010, 07:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

BD does not know how to win matches, they crumble very fast under pressure. BTW, compare the average age of the Aussies to the BD, no comparison, The Aussies are superb performers, they are like this from the time they are playing domestic cricket and they try to outperform each other to maintain their place in the national team, they also play as predator unit, and this is what they are, PREDATORS, and this is why they win games, they intimidate and attack. BD has a long way to go before they can do this, Chappel was right when he commentated that BD is too defensive and that is the reason why they will never progress in international cricket.
Anyhow, relax guys, the ICC has no intention of taking away their test status soon, but they have to improve more if stronger teams will want to play them in the future, or else they may be reduced to playing Associate nations, but still retain full membership as Zim.
I blame the BCB for not taking their cricket seriously, they need a good bowling and fielding coach and the sooner the better.
Old May 6, 2010, 07:46 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roni_uk
Bangladesh does not really know what 'deadly pace attack' actually is. I reckon we need to have a different T20 coach than JS to teach us how.
As if JS has added some value in other formats...
Old May 6, 2010, 05:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

I dont want to be crass here, because it is not my nature, but everything about the BCB sucks big time, they have no interest in their players, dont want to spend money on cricket, only on themselves, does not do enough to motivate their players, they should have hired a sports psycologist ages go, even the head coach cannot motivate his players,they seem to make the same mistakes over and over, I wonder who has a lack of grey matter, Siddons or the players? Probably, the language barrier still persists. If the situation continues as this, BD will not even proceed to the super 8 in the 2011 WC which is being held in their own backyard. If this happens, it will be a regression of 4 years, and there is not much time left. In 2007 WC20/20, they progressed to the super 8, in 2009 and 2010 kicked out, nearly 3 years regression.
Old May 7, 2010, 12:26 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by zainab
I dont want to be crass here, because it is not my nature, but everything about the BCB sucks big time, they have no interest in their players, dont want to spend money on cricket, only on themselves, does not do enough to motivate their players, they should have hired a sports psycologist ages go, even the head coach cannot motivate his players,they seem to make the same mistakes over and over, I wonder who has a lack of grey matter, Siddons or the players? Probably, the language barrier still persists. If the situation continues as this, BD will not even proceed to the super 8 in the 2011 WC which is being held in their own backyard. If this happens, it will be a regression of 4 years, and there is not much time left. In 2007 WC20/20, they progressed to the super 8, in 2009 and 2010 kicked out, nearly 3 years regression.
well 2007 tourney, rasel, razzak were in top form. also rafique was there, and mash was nothing extraordinary, but was just solidly checking runs. shakib was the weak link.

for 2011, we need 3 more bowlers who can keep things tight over the course of 30 overs. shakib and mash are the proven ones. razzak showed a return to form of sorts against england, and we should hope he can keep it up. i won't give up on him yet based on his test or t20 bowling. i have some high expectations from shafiul, but i doubt he will be able to turn in miserly performances like rasel used to. still, shafi is a good prospect for 2011 who also has a bit of pace.

we still need to account for 10 overs and naeem and riyad seem to be the only guys who will bowl those.

as for this match thread, same venue, same team, same fast bowlers, and we see that India collapsed more or less like we did with the same margin of defeat (accounting for intensity difference). in fact, minus rohit sharma, we performed better. Raina who ruled the IPL was totally outclassed by Nannes-Tait combo, as was everone eslse not named Rohit. but then again rohit flopped big time not too long ago, so it might have been an ash type eid innings.

so i don't think we did that *badly* given india's history and experience.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old May 7, 2010, 01:02 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

^yeah you keep dreaming that we performed better than IND even after 12 straight losses.
Old May 7, 2010, 02:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Yes it is perfectly acceptable to give credit to Nannu and Tait fittings when its due..And they are world class bowlers. However, how Aftab batted, how Imrul batted ( or lack of it) ,how Riad flopped again, that had nothing to do with pace but more to do with lack of any plan.

I still cant get over the fact that we lost both these T20 for less than 30 runs and more wickets/overs remaining. And the way our A team is playing,, I see a dark future ahead of us for few years before we get things tighted up.

Lotus only does gola-bazi and made not a single positive change to our cricket. Still there is no CEO, the Academy head quits due to lack of co-operation, there are no Game Development Manager, Age based team is lacking any foreign coach, the wickets are still low bounce, no new bowling coach recruited after Ramanayke left, no new cricket ground was developed and Shakib has to be on his knees to speak the truth...If this continues, and it will, we will soon see Zimbabwe beating us regularly once again..
Old May 7, 2010, 03:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
well 2007 tourney, rasel, razzak were in top form. also rafique was there, and mash was nothing extraordinary, but was just solidly checking runs. shakib was the weak link.

for 2011, we need 3 more bowlers who can keep things tight over the course of 30 overs. shakib and mash are the proven ones. razzak showed a return to form of sorts against england, and we should hope he can keep it up. i won't give up on him yet based on his test or t20 bowling. i have some high expectations from shafiul, but i doubt he will be able to turn in miserly performances like rasel used to. still, shafi is a good prospect for 2011 who also has a bit of pace.

we still need to account for 10 overs and naeem and riyad seem to be the only guys who will bowl those.

as for this match thread, same venue, same team, same fast bowlers, and we see that India collapsed more or less like we did with the same margin of defeat (accounting for intensity difference). in fact, minus rohit sharma, we performed better. Raina who ruled the IPL was totally outclassed by Nannes-Tait combo, as was everone eslse not named Rohit. but then again rohit flopped big time not too long ago, so it might have been an ash type eid innings.

so i don't think we did that *badly* given india's history and experience.
Dude, this is LAME.

We played a must win game where Australia were under little pressure after posting 142 as there was no way we'd win in 14.4 overs to take them out. With India it was a statement game for them with a march towards the Semis.

Please stop sugarcoating our failures by pointing to matches that don't involve us. If we didn't do badly and by your logic we would've beaten IND, then obviously we are miles above SA who lost badly to IND and in turn way better than NZ (lost to SA) and of course SL (who lost to NZ) and WI (who are now losing to SL) and ENG (who lost to WI) and PAK (who lost to ENG).

Wait...we lost to PAK. Aren't we supoosed to be 10X better than them by your one off game comparison logic?
Old May 7, 2010, 03:56 PM
Test Cricketer

after watching IND vs Aussie, I give our bowlers credits for restrict Aussie to 141.
Old May 7, 2010, 05:06 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynman
Dude, this is LAME.

We played a must win game where Australia were under little pressure after posting 142 as there was no way we'd win in 14.4 overs to take them out. With India it was a statement game for them with a march towards the Semis.

Please stop sugarcoating our failures by pointing to matches that don't involve us. If we didn't do badly and by your logic we would've beaten IND, then obviously we are miles above SA who lost badly to IND and in turn way better than NZ (lost to SA) and of course SL (who lost to NZ) and WI (who are now losing to SL) and ENG (who lost to WI) and PAK (who lost to ENG).

Wait...we lost to PAK. Aren't we supoosed to be 10X better than them by your one off game comparison logic?
thats not what i implied, in which case you inferred correctly.

personally, i don't give a rats *** about a bullshit 20 over format...so you are free into reading whatever you want about it.

#OneTeam1Dream