facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old August 16, 2009, 08:08 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Lara & Ashraful

People who said batting second was worst mistake, they should take lesson from this match. In this pitch 330+ is not difficult to get as batting second, all you required is patience.

Old August 17, 2009, 06:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Patience and a mental fortitude made them win this match. Tamim showed this in this match by not trying to hit every ball for four. He paid due respect to a bowler's good delivery and despatched the bad ones, executed some classy strokes also, wow!his batting was great. Also, he got good running practice, for we all know, he does not like to run and many times have gotten himself run out. He is also showing maturity and responsibility.Success breeds success and with this attitude, he can be a great batsman and good opener for BD, and he is only 20 yrs old.
Old August 17, 2009, 05:19 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

I watched Coventry innings, the disgrace and seeing Mahmudullah dropping him was the most painful. Remember I had the same sour feeling recently when Ireland inched towards victory.

Luckily I watched Junaid, Tamim and Ash till Ash departed. It never looked we are out of the match which was interesting. The last time I checked the match condition before I started towards ZIA, BD was needing 165 to win. It never seemed possible. My friend who came with to see me off was confident, I was not.

While waiting on the checking in ZIA as there was a shift change going on I was watching people gathered around a booth and constantly cheering. A few minutes later a known personnel came and told me we won. This was the most sweetest feeling before starting this lethargic tiring journey.

I could not get the chance to check the CI site in Singapore but there was a short break in Tokyo where I found a stand in computer with free net. And there it was, CI headline "Tamim gatecrushes Coventry party".

Tremendous feeling of confidence boosted by constant mentoring of Siddons made this happen. Hat's off to Tamim Iqbal for carrying the legacy of his family for playing the vital innings whenever the team needed most.