facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old September 24, 2018, 09:02 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

For the record, I avoid Soda and drink fresh juice or water or green tea. I think that makes a difference

Old September 24, 2018, 09:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

Get 7 1/2 hours sleep every night. Change mattress and pillow if necessary.
Finish dinner by 8.
Drink 6 glasses of water a day.
Come up with your own excercise regime and COMMIT to stick to it everyday!

For quick weight loss cheats, have a carrot every night for dinner or pay £100 and try the FOREVER LIVING CLEAN 9 DETOX PACK. I lose 5 kgs in 5 days before going to BD to see my in-laws.
Old September 24, 2018, 09:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
For the record, I avoid Soda and drink fresh juice or water or green tea. I think that makes a difference
Counting calories might help. It's basic concept. Consume less calories than you burn daily, you lose weight via reserve (fat) calorie expenditure.

If one is serious about losing weight, they have to eat much LESS and exercise MORE on daily basis.

Also it is best never to gain weight in the first place, if i remember correctly, from 12 years ago from my cell biology class - the number of fat cells in body when full will increase to accommodate more storage - it doubles if i am to believe that lecturer. And once that happens it's urs to keep forever and that in essence causes difficulty to maintain weight even after loss of weight.
Old September 24, 2018, 09:50 AM
Cricket Legend

An extreme example of this Intake vs Expenditure calories is Michael Phelps exercise routine. I remember in one of his interviews he mentions he eats like 20 or some ridiculous number of mcdonalds burgers to keep his calories intake in line with his expendiure. He expends so much calories during swim practice daily that he has to eat that much just to keep his weight in balance.
Old September 24, 2018, 10:59 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
I got so excited about IF that I have decided to start from today. I had my dinner at 7 last night and I skipped my breakfast. But Today I have a work lunch at a buffet place. There goes my IF

But I like the fact that in IF, you can eat as much as you like. That is the best part actually. But have to cut down on rice and biriyani. Also potatoes and beans. But like you guys have said, need to drink a lot. Keeping yourself hydrated is the key
Dude. Even if you have work buffet make it count and work for you and not against you. Just get rid of all carbs and eat plenty of veggies and meat, you will be fine. Trust me, been there done that. Esp travel since it is a b---.

For instance, yesterday I starved myself till Bangladesh won and treated myself with Mongolian BBQ. Although it was carb laden but the opportunity was too good to pass. However, since I was in fasted state I wasn't THAT lethargic.

Remember the final outcome and what takes precedence ABOVE everything else is your overall mindset, spirituality and well being. Forget about diet- and this is important for everyone- ask yourself HOW DO YOU FEEL?

Again and again that is the most important. Be in caloric deficit and make sure your stress don't spike insulin up or avoid ghrelin craving that comes in waves around meal times. Just drink water to calm yo' stomach down. I don't mean to bring religion into this - and I know TBF is itching to pounce upon his favorite topic - but there is a reason why God wanted us to fast everyday before Mohammad(PBUH) cajoled him otherwise! LOL!! Maybe our dear prophet got this wrong. But any rate, IF everyday is a great way to build willpower, discipline as well as tame and conquer ..lol hunger.

Man should be master of his mind not other way around. And as of today, we are utter slaves to the female dominatrix called Hunger. Hunger. Growl...meo...

Why do I always make a fool out of myself?

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old September 24, 2018, 11:03 AM
Cricket Savant

This whole idea of fasting and feasting of hunter-gatherer reminiscence actually dovetails perfectly with OMAD or fasting as allotted in Islam - albeit for a different reason.

@Rifat be very careful of the sugar content in "fresh juice". So called orange juice of ANY brand is not necessarily "as healthy" as we make it out to be. It may contain as much if not more sugar than a can of coke. But good to have vitamin C for immune system I guess.

Unless I gloriously misread that by "fresh juice" you mean freshly squeezed juice which should be godsend.

Even things like "Naked smoothies" or say "Nature granola bar" contain sh.. load of sugar. I am not one of those guys who says sugar is evil, but dextrose, sucrose these sh.. ARE poison as well as famous MSG in cheap fast food Chinese restaurant that makes you **** stoned after every meal - BUT in a horrible way.

Tom Brady ruthlessly campaigned against this. My only vice - I guess blame MGK for his 'diss' - is Fruity Loops cereal with milk. Before it was Oreo for munchies. I allow myself certain desserts for vice. But in general stupid GOVERNMENT food pyramid got it WRONG for decades serving s----y lunch menus at public schools and touting cereal is a "healthy" breakfast. They got it wrong... just like almost anything under the sun starting from mental illness, overdiagnosis, over prescribing of opiods and other harmful harmful pills and meds. But that is a topic and story for a different day I guess.

-Eat healthy
-Drink water
-Get 20 minutes of your daily dose of sunshine
-Get 3-4 days of cardio
-Walk
-Sleep
-Practice gratitude

You should be fine. You don't need rocket science to be healthy, guys. Just stick to basics and fundamentals like our Mighty Tigers follow the blueprint of opening good, running between the wickets and avoiding dots in middle overs and going berserk at the end. Our hallowed algorithm to manufacture wins "at will".Sigh...

MOST stupid diseases like diabetic in pre-diabetic stage, flu (now they recommend not to take painkillers or others stuffs with NSAIDs) and plethora of many diseases even body's pain can be healed safely given enough time. Don't interfere with body's natural wisdom and intelligence and self-healing prowess.

But what is the first thing docs do? For mild depression prescribe SSRI. I know this because I was on **** tonna meds before. I KNOW how absolutely HORRIBLE it makes you feel. (Not that in extreme cases SSRI doesn't have its place...but that is way different.)

Old September 24, 2018, 11:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Roman bhai work lunch buffet is enticing you?

Food they bring at work always to me feels bland... it's always some dumb sandwiches, pizza, wrap, cheap salad....

it's never the worthy American food.. like a well made triple beef patty stacked burger with melted cheese or a good steak. Or Fried chicken Or the variety of delicious cake, ice cream etc etc.
Old September 24, 2018, 11:23 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
Roman bhai work lunch buffet is enticing you?

Food they bring at work always to me feels bland... it's always some dumb sandwiches, pizza, wrap, cheap salad....

it's never the worthy American food.. like a well made triple beef patty stacked burger with melted cheese or a good steak. Or Fried chicken Or the variety of delicious cake, ice cream etc etc.
We are going to an Indian Buffet. So ya, it is enticing. My first day of IF and they had to do this to me. And I am the only brown guy in my team. How weird is that
Old September 24, 2018, 11:24 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Do HIIT exercises. For only 20-30 mins a day. It helps.

I have also signed for some endurance classes. Found a good deal on Groupon. Onek shundori meyeder testimonial dekhlam tai sign up kore fellam arki.

Also play some sports if you can. I play soccer twice a week. It burns calories like crazy.

Finally Roman bhai, cigarette charen. You’ll start to feel healthy again. Jabotiyo medh bhuri, matha betha, pails/fora/goponiyo or jouno shonskrito problem shob chole jabe
Old September 24, 2018, 11:28 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
We are going to an Indian Buffet. So ya, it is enticing. My first day of IF and they had to do this to me. And I am the only brown guy in my team. How weird is that
LOL!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
Mental health is also important. Try to stay positive and ignore negative things in life. Also try not to get stressed. I have noticed that many people around me get stressed so easily when simple things dont go their way.
Haha tell me about it. We tend to find it out in match thread.

Old September 24, 2018, 11:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
haha.. indian food. classic. IF sounds like intermittent feasting.

that's the problem with office jobs. In terms of losing weight I like my job. I am constantly on my feet, running around and so busy I often don't get time to eat or even forget to eat. So on working days, that's 12 to 13 hours of work hours and with commute and everything it becomes 16 hours of fasting.

When i conciously eat less on other days when not working, I see my weight dropping in a matter of couple weeks to a month. Then i go back of eating like before and it steadily climbs up to similar level. And I EAT A LOT.

So I know how to lose weight but I just love food too much.
Old September 24, 2018, 12:02 PM
Cricket Savant

Absolutely no problem. Even if you fasted since 7 that is MORE than 12 hours by now. You should be on mild keto now. Your brain should be sharp, a little hangry inside and irritated and pangs in stomach but your senses should be honed to the same sharp point of a spear as if to look and forage for food.

You should.

Now even if you break your fast with plain naan (perfect carb!), with tandoori or curry (cumin or turmeric is good for depression) and just avoid all those shaak-paneer or any cream laden curry bullshit and get plenty of salad, you will feel like superman after you refill with water and thus break your fast.

And then after just cash in on it after work by going for a brisk walk and repeat the entire process from your meal at 7 and ask your coworkers to schedule a lunch buffet at Sizzler or something tomorrow. lol

Old September 24, 2018, 12:09 PM
Cricket Savant

Researching hormesis found me something called Mithdratism. Whereby one developed tolerance toxicity as schtick delved by the man himself - founder of poisonology. Also it seems there were these female spies in ancient Indian raj called 'visshyakonna' where they deliberately injected with small venom progressively so as to have some king laid and have that bastard poisoned. lol Sex I tell you man... root of all downfall of human civilization.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mithridatism

Old September 24, 2018, 12:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
and I know TBF is itching to pounce upon his favorite topic - but there is a reason why God wanted us to fast everyday before Mohammad(PBUH) cajoled him otherwise! LOL!! Maybe our dear prophet got this wrong. But any rate, IF everyday is a great way to build willpower, discipline as well as tame and conquer ..lol hunger.
WRONG! And I am saying the word wrong how Trump says it!

Mandatory fasting is 30 days of Ramadan

If you can do more, fast the six days of the month that follows Ramadan, the day of Arafat, and the 9th and 10th of Muharram

If you can do more, fast the 13th, 14th, and 15th of every lunar month

If you can do more, fast every Monday and Thursday

If you can do more, fast one day and break the other day. And this is the highest level of fasting, which is known as the fasting of David.

If you can do more, well, IT IS NOT ALLOWED to fast every day.

OK, get back to the discussion of diet and exercise.
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.

Last edited by ToBeFair; September 24, 2018 at 12:59 PM..
Old September 24, 2018, 12:24 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
LOL!!!!

Haha tell me about it. We tend to find it out in match thread.
TBH I always get stressed when Bangladesh plays. But since last few years I am trying to manage it.

Even after so many years of losing, it should be easier but it gets tough to manage sometimes.
Old September 24, 2018, 01:02 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
Do HIIT exercises. For only 20-30 mins a day. It helps.

Finally Roman bhai, cigarette charen. You’ll start to feel healthy again. Jabotiyo medh bhuri, matha betha, pails/fora/goponiyo or jouno shonskrito problem shob chole jabe
Oi miah, bhai mone kore bollam aar tumi bhora mojlish e amar shob gopon tottho faash koira dila? Mone rakhum

Ya I need to quit smoking. This habit is irritating me now. Cant live without it. I Might give eCig a shot.

iDumb bro, You are very fit. So dont think you need to worry much about your weight. And being on feet for that long actually helps. Me on the other hand, spend most of my day sitting and posting here on BC. So I need to start exercising
Old September 24, 2018, 03:14 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToBeFair
WRONG! And I am saying the word wrong how Trump says it!

Mandatory fasting is 30 days of Ramadan

If you can do more, fast the six days of the month that follows Ramadan, the day of Arafat, and the 9th and 10th of Muharram

If you can do more, fast the 13th, 14th, and 15th of every lunar month

If you can do more, fast every Monday and Thursday

If you can do more, fast one day and break the other day. And this is the highest level of fasting, which is known as the fasting of David.

If you can do more, well, IT IS NOT ALLOWED to fast every day.

OK, get back to the discussion of diet and exercise.
Reread my post.

Old September 24, 2018, 03:18 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Oi miah, bhai mone kore bollam aar tumi bhora mojlish e amar shob gopon tottho faash koira dila? Mone rakhum

Ya I need to quit smoking. This habit is irritating me now. Cant live without it. I Might give eCig a shot.

iDumb bro, You are very fit. So dont think you need to worry much about your weight. And being on feet for that long actually helps. Me on the other hand, spend most of my day sitting and posting here on BC. So I need to start exercising
I smoked nonstop for 2 months. Swisher. I thought I'd wean off weed with tobacco. Plus my mom wants me to smoke than do cannabis. lol

So the time I found out about IMMENSE relaxations from meditation/post run, I knew it wasn't the right thing. Concurrently, I practiced subliminal mind programming, hypnosis and affirmations to delete that program from head.

Of course, I have my vice. Everyone does from alcohol, smoking to phallic missiles. But it can be changed. God gave us problems and so did he give solutions.

If you are really serious, you need to go to root of the problem and ask why you smoke, when you started smoking, does it really alleviate anxiety and stress, and is it social or out of boredom or for time kill and how does it really make you feel if you were complete honest?

Give Alan Carr a shot.

Old September 24, 2018, 03:19 PM
Cricket Savant

Well it is kind of my 'secret' but I'd much rather do this after exercise than smoke cigarettes. Then again I fully realize the 'stickiness' issue.

https://www.meditainment.com/island-...ion-relaxation

Old September 24, 2018, 04:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I feel you. It is very difficult to stop smoking once you have the addiction. I think this is more of an important step for you - quit smoking. Instead of stopping completely , you should give yourself a time frame in which u wanna stop and cut down the number in increments. You need to have a multidisciplinary approach including cutting down slowly, lot of support from family and friends, medications/Nicotine patch.

Cigarrettes cost a lot of money in New york - that should also be a motivator.

only thing is once you are succesful you may slightly gain weight but the benefits of quitting will far outweigh any downside to gaining few pounds.

I very frequently diagnose lifetime smoker with cancer in ER when they come in for something totally unrelated. Your whole life can be turned upside down before you can even blink or process the information.
Old September 24, 2018, 06:34 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Accha alu (potato) khaile ki mota hoy? It is full of carbs I think.

But I love alu. Alu bhaji, Alur chop, Alur dom, Alu diya shobji. Goru or murgi torkari, alu is a must.

I have reduced my appetite for rice. But I couldnt for alu.
Old September 24, 2018, 07:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Yes alu alu alu !!! I love anything shaped like alu too ...

Btw this thread on inspired me today ..so I ate a plate full of biriyani today for lunch . I live in the wrong area . No "just salad" here ..all restaurants full of biriyanis and bhaat
Old September 24, 2018, 07:17 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Accha alu (potato) khaile ki mota hoy? It is full of carbs I think.

But I love alu. Alu bhaji, Alur chop, Alur dom, Alu diya shobji. Goru or murgi torkari, alu is a must.

I have reduced my appetite for rice. But I couldnt for alu.
Low in glycemic index for carb but high otherwise.

It is no where near as bad as white rice. It is a good substitute in my opinion, not sure about french fries though.

One day I went uber-healthy and instead of pakhir mangsho with rice, had to sub it with cauliflower rice. It was bearable. But damn .. white rice would be like cocaine at that point and that is not a far stretch.

This one gives a different look. Guess do your own research.

Old September 24, 2018, 07:40 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

^in both charts, it shows alu having high index number.

But surprising to see dates and esp honey having high index. I have stopped putting sugar in my tea/sugar and putting one spoon natural honey instead. Looks like it’s not a good substitution.

Eto hishab korle khabo ki ar
Old September 24, 2018, 07:52 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
^in both charts, it shows alu having high index number.

But surprising to see dates and esp honey having high index. I have stopped putting sugar in my tea/sugar and putting one spoon natural honey instead. Looks like it’s not a good substitution.

Eto hishab korle khabo ki ar
That's a bad move. Honey has healing properties as mentioned in the Qur'an. it's good for cough, it's good for a bunch of other things.

*not all sugar is alike*.

Sugar found naturally in fruit or dates is what i consume. I eat Dates all the time Alhamdulillah, yet i lost weight