facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 27, 2018, 06:33 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib
Default Mashrafi - nijeke eto shoshta bhabi nah - I don't value myself so cheaply

মাশরাফি বলছেন, নিজেকে অত সস্তা ভাবি না!

Quote:
‘নিজেকে অত সস্তা ভাবি না, একটা ট্রফি দিয়ে নিজেকে বিচার করি না। ক্রিকেট একটা ট্রফির জন্য খেলি না। বাংলাদেশের ক্ষেত্রে একটা শিরোপা হয়তো খুবই গুরুত্বপূর্ণ। কোনো একদিন হয়তো শিরোপা জিতবে বাংলাদেশ। এ কারণেই বললাম, তরুণ প্রজন্ম যারা ক্রিকেটে আসতে চাচ্ছে বা এখনো দলে আছে বা বয়সভিত্তিক ক্রিকেট খেলছে তারা হয়তো অনেক উজ্জীবিত হবে। এ কারণে একটা ট্রফি দরকার। সেটা কাল না হলে বড় সমস্যা, তা নয়। ব্যক্তি মাশরাফিকে ট্রফি দিয়ে বিচার করবেন কি না সেটা আপনার ব্যাপার, আমি নিজেকে এত সস্তা ভাবি না।’
https://www.prothomalo.com/sports/ar...A6%A8%E0%A6%BE

very interesting and insightful answers from mash. video below --

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uP1bixh1Z3g

well said. watch at 5 min mark for the comment in the title.

self belief. nijer proti attobishash. this is what is needed. and most important.

Old September 27, 2018, 07:10 PM
Cricket Savant

On a completely different topic -other than Shakib's tasra "bir palowan" comment- I for one didn't appreciate Mashrafe trivializing our cricket saying compared to Life it is nothing. Duh. Don't you think we know that? It's GIVEN. It is an insult not only to the team you represent but to journalists as if to paint the image I am too holy so as not to put cricket before Life.

Who would! Stop comparing this to a building. Virat Kohli performed after his father passed away and Trevor Noah after his mom got shot in the head. Don't you think these guys "know" these?

Don't bite the hand that feeds you. With your performance in national team, you wouldn't even be standing in the podium and be even saying the very thing you said you don't put precedence. National team has given you your bread and butter- and albeit due to your duty. This shows you trivialize the profession that feeds you. At least be proud of your job son! Be it dishwashing or national team.

Represent the flag. Do your part of professionalism. When you will retire, people will still revere you as a legend.

Be grateful. I know Masrafe is "beyond reproach" and we are not supposed to criticize him, but he could make his point otherwise than salty tune.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old September 27, 2018, 07:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

"Firstly, I don't see myself as so cheap that I would judge myself on a trophy. Secondly, I have not played cricket for a trophy. A trophy is very important at one stage, and I believe one day Bangladesh will win one. It's important because it will boost the young generation coming into cricket. So in that sense you can say that Bangladesh need a trophy, but it's not that it has to be tomorrow. And from a personal standpoint, if you judge Mashrafe based on a trophy that is up to you, but I don't see myself as that cheap."

Bangladesh captain Mashrafe Mortaza
Old September 27, 2018, 07:15 PM
Cricket Savant

And who the hell came up with the idea we can't criticize Mashrafe? Wth... Just cuz he is by-the-book and not egoistical or cocky like Tamasha and doesn't ruffle any feather doesn't mean he is beyond reproach.

Well he certainly has ruffled my feather!

Oboshshyo khochano journo-der o dosh ase...

Ar tachara Press ra press korbei...lol kora kora proshno korlei birokto hote hobe emon kotha nai

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old September 27, 2018, 08:31 PM
Cricket Legend

I love Mash as much as any Bangladeshi fan, but to say "a trophy doesn't define me" can be considered a convenient excuse, at least in this context. I'm hoping he's made the statement only to repel any pressure being applied to the team, though I doubt there's a lot of pressure when we seem to have resigned to likely defeat.
Old September 27, 2018, 09:56 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Mash forgot that once he dropped a Ponting catch what defined him for a long period. Then again he got hit six sixes in final over by Taylor to ruin our possible maiden away series win which defined him until currently when he tookover again as captain and trying to revert back.
Old September 27, 2018, 10:11 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mushi, Mash

Bangladesh's First ever win against india:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cH7ATV5mtrc
and Who was the Hero? The Mash!!!
At that time he was not a legend, but now looking back, it feels he showed his character quite early at that time! True Winner!!!
Old September 27, 2018, 10:14 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mushi, Mash

Epitome the legend with tomorrow's win against India in Asia Cup Final, Mash! Inshaallah.
Old September 27, 2018, 10:24 PM
Cricket Sage

People can be so oblivious of others when it comes to man idolizing. If anyone to be considered an epitome of our success during the great depression of BD cricket that is Ash not Mash
Old September 27, 2018, 10:26 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Mashrafi will be defined by his selflessness and 100% commitment to Bangladesh. His battle-worn legs are a testament to his love and dedication for this team. He is not a superstar but just a normal every day Bangali, a down to earth human being who has done a lot for his local community in return for the wealth and fame this country has given him. He is a leader of men and the best captain in our history. Other than some pseudo fans that dislike him for not being 'phast', the majority of the country loves him and will continue to remember him long after he retires.
Old September 27, 2018, 10:52 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

ekta trophy na thaka mane ai na player or captain hishabe tar achievement kom. jodi tai hoito... South Africar pura history te shob faltu player
Old September 27, 2018, 10:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightBD
Bangladesh's First ever win against india:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cH7ATV5mtrc
and Who was the Hero? The Mash!!!
At that time he was not a legend, but now looking back, it feels he showed his character quite early at that time! True Winner!!!
I remember that match ball by ball! What a clinical display it was! It was our 100th ODI and at that point we had only won about 5 matches before that. I felt something special was about to happen the moment Mashrafe clean bowled Sehwag for a duck in the first over. Amazing memories!!
Old September 27, 2018, 11:38 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Mashrafi will be defined by his selflessness and 100% commitment to Bangladesh. His battle-worn legs are a testament to his love and dedication for this team. He is not a superstar but just a normal every day Bangali, a down to earth human being who has done a lot for his local community in return for the wealth and fame this country has given him. He is a leader of men and the best captain in our history. Other than some pseudo fans that dislike him for not being 'phast', the majority of the country loves him and will continue to remember him long after he retires.
Oh how the younger generation missed the fast Mashrafee. He was quicker than any Bangladeshi bowler in the squad now, with lateral movement off the deck and bounce. The only fast bowler in Bangladesh who looked like he could take wickets in Test consistently and not once in a blue moon unlike Shahadat. That's why his test average before it was cut short was the best amongst the Bangladesh bowlers. Mashrafee was definitely quick back then and it was a pleasure to watch him. When I first saw Taskin taking those 5 wickets against India I thought we have finally unearthed a new Mash but it wasn't to be. Fizz is good but both Rubel and him are a different kind of bowlers to how Mash was in his hey days. Taskin in that innings against India was more of the same kind. Mash had all the makings of a legendary fast bowler before his injury. And look how many wickets he got even with his injuries and losing his pace due to injuries and age
Old September 28, 2018, 01:08 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

I have utmost respect and admiration for Mash. He is the reason our team despite all the turmoil and crappy retards in the team he has managed to hold things together and one of the main reasons wewin matches.

However when the trophy cabinet is empty it doesn’t mean much for a team despite it playing getting some good results. That’s what Wenger for Arsenal has been saying, and for the fans it wasn’t good enough for a very long time.
Old September 28, 2018, 01:48 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinathq
ekta trophy na thaka mane ai na player or captain hishabe tar achievement kom. jodi tai hoito... South Africar pura history te shob faltu player
Nailed it. However, I don't completely agree with Mash. He is right that even if we don't win any trophy under his leadership, he will still be remembered fondly and with respect as he deserves by the BD fans for a long long time. But imagine if he could win a trophy. That will add to his legacy even more! Ranatunga and Imran Khan's legacies are based on them captaining their teams to world cup victory. Asia cup is nowhere near as prestigious as a WC, but to be the first BD captain to win a major international tournament has a nice ring to it which is undeniable.
Old September 28, 2018, 07:09 AM
ODI Cricketer

He is absolutely right. Him not winning a trophy doesn't make him a bad player or a bad captain. Him winning it would make him the first captain to win a trophy and only better his legacy.
Old September 28, 2018, 07:47 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Miraz needs to up his scoring rate or let someone else bat.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old September 28, 2018, 11:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
what he has given to and sacrificed for the country is rare not only for Bangladesh but for any sport in any country. He has given his all both physically and mentally. He may not always talk the talk but you can always count oh him to walk the walk. In 99.99% of the cases it's usually the other way around.
Old September 28, 2018, 11:20 AM
Cricket Sage

Was going to criticize him about the group match loss to AFG but he just got Rayudu, he is becoming above criticism. I happily take that.
Old September 28, 2018, 04:18 PM
Street Cricketer

That was more like 'Dont criticize me, even I can't get you a trophy '.
But I like his body language, seems level headed in the field at least.