facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 11, 2018, 02:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza
Default Match Thread: Bangladesh vs West Indies | 3rd ODI 14/12/2018 | SICS, Sylhet | 06:00 GMT (12pm Local Time)

Series level 1-1 going into the final ODI (at Sylhet) of the 3 Match UCB ODI Series between Bangladesh v West Indies.

This will be a landmark for the Tiger hearted Mashrafe Bin Mortaza, captain of Bangladesh as he will play his 200th ODI match for Bangladesh. It could also potentially be Mashrafe's last ever ODI at home as there is no more ODI series scheduled at home before the 2019 World Cup and he is expected to retire after the World Cup.

BANGLADESH SQUAD:
Mashrafe Mortaza (c)
Abu Hider
Ariful Haque
Imrul Kayes
Liton Das †
Mahmudullah
Mehidy Hasan Miraz
Mohammad Mithun
Mohammad Saifuddin
Mushfiqur Rahim †
Mustafizur Rahman
Nazmul Islam
Rubel Hossain
Shakib Al Hasan
Soumya Sarkar
Tamim Iqbal

WEST INDIES SQUAD:
R Powell (c)
FA Allen
SW Ambris
D Bishoo
CR Brathwaite
DM Bravo
RL Chase
C Hemraj
SO Hetmyer
KMA Paul
KOA Powell
KAJ Roach
MN Samuels
O Thomas

Match Umpires:
Ruchira Palliyaguruge
Masudur Rahman
TV Umpires:
Aleem Dar
Reserve Umpire:
Gazi Sohel
Match Referee:
Jeff Crowe

Match links:
http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/1...ladesh-2018-19

Gtv love on youtube (HD and good fast quality)
Cricmelive.tv
Smartcric.com (on smart phone)

(Under construction)

Old December 11, 2018, 03:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Bismillah. My first ever MATCH thread for any Bngladesh match on this forum.

This match being Mashrafe's 200th for Bangladesh, his first ever ODI at sylhet and could be his last match in Bangladesh. And being a Sylheti, Mash fan and it being Mashrafe's 200th ODI for BD, his first ever ODI at Sylhet. I had to open it, couldn't not hold back. might not ever get the chance to see mash play for BD in BD but this match thread will make it feel I was there in Sylhet, BD watching Mashrafe's potential game on home soil for Bangladesh.

InshAllah( God willing). BANGLADESH will win and give Mashrafe and nice win in his 200th ODI for BD.

Go Tigers! Go hard and get 'em !!
Old December 11, 2018, 03:35 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Bangladesh needs to win this match for Sylhet.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old December 11, 2018, 03:45 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Rovman Powell needs to be striped off captaincy. Let Shimron captain, FFS
Old December 11, 2018, 04:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim, Sabbir, Mustafiz

Wi gave 5 no balls, 5 free hit ... still we lost . But now they will be back like a jaguar, so time for tigers to settle this issue.
It will be a cracker of game
Old December 12, 2018, 09:46 AM
Club Cricketer

Why the hell Rubel & Kayes were selected on the 2nd ODI? instead Mithun & Mohammad Saif should hv been selected. We lost 2nd Odi due to wrong selection and Mashrafi Murtaza should take the blame for that. It's called 'Election Fever' nd 100% not on the game nd overconfidence nd complacency.
Old December 12, 2018, 10:21 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Challenging match for BD which I like. But the team has too much baggage now with the captain playing in two minds as his involvement in election, the best player also involved in campaigning.
Old December 12, 2018, 11:42 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
Challenging match for BD which I like. But the team has too much baggage now with the captain playing in two minds as his involvement in election, the best player also involved in campaigning.
On top of that we don't have the best record in Sylhet which is a shame because I really love this stadium. Let's see how the team respond to pressure.
Old December 12, 2018, 11:44 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

ah man..i wish mash's last match in BD was in mirpur
Old December 12, 2018, 11:51 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

We lost due to complacency. Having 4 openers in the XI is suicidal. At the end of the day, if you want to be in the XI, you need to be performing the best. At the moment, it should've been Tamim and Imrul opening, and one of Liton/Sarker batting at number 3. One of them, I'm afraid, had to be on the bench. Competition is fierce these days.
Old December 12, 2018, 01:06 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

I can see a lot of people complaining about playing Rubel in social media and here. Rubel has 23 wickets in 15 games and that's excluding Zimbabwe. He was clearly the best seamer in the side this year. Some fans have an insanely short memory.
Old December 12, 2018, 01:08 PM

Quote:
yea the guy who just won us the last game with an injury is in two minds.
Old December 12, 2018, 01:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I have no doubt about Shakib and Mashrafe giving their best on the field, but should BD lose the decider, their involvement with the election will be highlighted as a factor by the journalists and the fans alike!
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.
Old December 12, 2018, 01:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinathq
I can see a lot of people complaining about playing Rubel in social media and here. Rubel has 23 wickets in 15 games and that's excluding Zimbabwe. He was clearly the best seamer in the side this year. Some fans have an insanely short memory.
It's not short memory. It's called bias. More often than not, human beings are unable to rise above their likes and dislikes, even if facts or reality points otherwise.
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.
Old December 12, 2018, 01:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
yea the guy who just won us the last game with an injury is in two minds.
We are not doubting his commitment at all, by two minds we are referring to the added pressure. Mashrafe knows that if he underperforms or if the team loses, people will rightfully or wrongfully point towards his political involvement, and this inevitably adds to his mental pressure.
Old December 12, 2018, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToBeFair
We are not doubting his commitment at all, by two minds we are referring to the added pressure. Mashrafe knows that if he underperforms or if the team loses, people will rightfully or wrongfully point towards his political involvement, and this inevitably adds to his mental pressure.
Yea and to even suggest that Mash and Shakib are playing with the pressure of receiving a public backlash due to the upcoming election isnt ridiculous at all. Both of them are performing well above most of the team. Specially for Mash, he has never given a crap about the criticism he has received throughout his career and I highly doubt that will change all of a sudden.
Old December 12, 2018, 02:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Yea and to even suggest that Mash and Shakib are playing with the pressure of receiving a public backlash due to the upcoming election isnt ridiculous at all. Both of them are performing well above most of the team. Specially for Mash, he has never given a crap about the criticism he has received throughout his career and I highly doubt that will change all of a sudden.
Praise be to God, this is what we need: Ambidextrous Superhumans!
Old December 12, 2018, 03:41 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

This is also acid test for Walsh.

Overall pacers doing well, creating lot of chances. Fielders need to be bold enough to dive in, mindful and self-aware. The way Mullah was walking towards the catch from Rubel's delivery in the first match is a reflection of the mentality of most fielders, but it should be more like how Tamim held on to catch off Mash delivery.
Old December 12, 2018, 05:05 PM
Cricket Legend

West Indies relies heavily on Hope and Hetmyer , Hope especially in ODIs. If both of them go cheaply they won't make it to a decent score.

The bowlers must have a plan against these two , and play safe versus Thomas.
Old December 12, 2018, 06:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

Quote:
hasina destroyed the team by selecting mash and shakib. we will do worst in wc 2019 only because of this
Old December 13, 2018, 12:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Tamim
Kayes
Soumya
Mushfiq
Miraz
Shakib
Riyad
Rony
Mashrafe
Mustafiz
Apu
Old December 13, 2018, 12:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Who knows what will happen, can Bd bat them out of the game if they bat first? Or maybe restrict them severely by multiple opening wickets if bowling first.

Or will it be another big happy breakfast from Aklemalp? Eating bagels with cream cheese, and drinking OJ with a smile on his face as he watches WI take apart Bd?
Old December 13, 2018, 12:56 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Apu possibly lost the game with his 2 drops from what I heard. That jackass should not even be in the squad. If he wants to act like a cobra he can do it at the zoo.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old December 13, 2018, 05:43 AM
Cricket Legend

I thought it was today, came from work was excited to watch it. Another day left....

Those who are bored, got spare time check this urban SYLHETI bangla song out mixed up songs from late legendary Shah Abdul Karim, by some Brit Sylheti youtubers. Quite catchy!
https://youtu.be/xqYWnX_GtX4
Old December 13, 2018, 05:50 AM
Cricket Legend

For me going into this match BD has to think about the 6th bowling option not just for this match but also going forward. Not all games the 5 genuine bowlers will deliver the goods all of them. Need a good 6th bowling option. Saifuddin is the lad. Who to take out? One of Kayes or Sarkar. For me SarkR even though I'm not a big fan of Kayes but just for his heroics against the mighty Zimba I'll give him another chance and hope he fails so we don't have to take him to NZ. Sarkar is a must for T20s and if he does well then we all know he will be part of ODI again in NZ even test - that's how bd selectors roll..