facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old January 9, 2019, 12:56 AM
ToBeFair's Avatar
ToBeFair ToBeFair is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 8, 2018
Posts: 2,455
Talking 2020 US Presidential Election Thread

Now that midterms are over, the horse race has started unofficially. I will start by re-posting my own prediction here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToBeFair
About 2020 election:

1. Hillary Clinton most likely will run again only to be humiliated like never before.

2. Kamala Harris and Corey Booker will run -the FRAUDs - and lose they shall like Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz in 2016.

3. Biden will run. He has been running since the 80s, but the uncle of America will remain 10% Biden as Trump calls him. He will not win the primary.

4. Richard Ojeda has declared he will run. A fiery speaker, but far behind in name recognition. Has no chance.

5. Tim Kaine might run. Another plastic politician - will get his clock cleaned like Jeb Bush.

6. Beto O'Rourke will run. He has proved to be a master of small donation fund raising. He is tall, handsome, looks presidential, and progressive. He has a chance.

7. Elizabeth Warren will run. She has proved to be a masterclass in being a progressive while not burning the bridges with corporate democratic party heads. She has a great chance, but not sure if voters (Bernie bros) will forgive her for not endorsing Bernie in 2016.

8. Two other fradus - Michael Bloomberg and Michael Avenatti will run - but they will go nowhere.

9. Sherrod Brown and Tulsi Gabbard are considering run too. They probably will not win the primaries, but both are good candidates for VPs.

10. Bernie Sanders will run. And the most popular politician has the greatest chance to win the primary. Unless there are shenanigans like of 2016, it will be very tough to deny him the nomination this time.

Can Bernie beat Trump? It has proven to be very difficult to unseat a seating president, but if there is one polician I bet on beating Trump, it will be Bernie.

How successful will Bernie be as President? Probably not much, because the whole system will be against him. His situation will be like Lula of Brazil. But if he can deliver even a few progressive victories like mediocre for all, free college, and minimum wage, he will go down as a great president.
I was mistaken about Beto. In his senate bid, he presented himself as a progressive by solely relying on small donor donations, but recently a newspaper published his voting records - this fruad is a neo-liberal to the core
 
Dem establishment is very scared this time. As of today, are no candidates who can beat Bernie or Elizabeth.
 
As expected, Bernie and Elizabeth smearing has started already.
 
A Vermont newspaper recently published an article begging Bernie to not run. Because they don't want disunity! What a logic They simply want progressives and leftists to bow their heads to fraud neo liberals in the name of unity. Very unlikely to happen this time.

Dem primary will be very interesting
__________________
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old January 9, 2019, 02:54 AM
Roey Haque's Avatar
Roey Haque Roey Haque is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 26, 2012
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan
Posts: 5,914

No one will beat Trump. Bernie was exposed as a commie loon who didn't have his first job after 30. After last election, now we have added ammo, in that we can paint him as the loser who would not stand up to Hillary for stealing the nomination. So that's taken care of.
__________________
#PrivatizeBCB
#PrivatizeBFF
The end of Rahim will mark a new great beginning for the complacency free Bangladesh!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old January 9, 2019, 03:11 AM
ToBeFair's Avatar
ToBeFair ToBeFair is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 8, 2018
Posts: 2,455

When you cannot beat policy with policy, the only option left is to scream commie loon, Venezuela, crazy, pie in the sky.

If Bernie or Warren wins the nomination, Trump will be unseated. If anyone else wins the nomination other than these two, Trump will have four more years.
__________________
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old January 9, 2019, 11:59 PM
ToBeFair's Avatar
ToBeFair ToBeFair is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 8, 2018
Posts: 2,455

Another smear job against Bernie. Corporate Dems are really desperate.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...havior-1093836
__________________
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old January 10, 2019, 01:45 PM
mufi_02's Avatar
mufi_02 mufi_02 is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team
 
Join Date: August 2, 2011
Location: NY
Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib
Posts: 7,966

bhai apni ki USA thaken? karon apni dekhi US politics shomondhe onek kichu janen. I haven't even heard many of the names that you mentioned in the first post.

just asking out of curiosity. nothing personal. I learned something new about those people.
__________________
Bangladesh
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old January 12, 2019, 05:24 AM
ToBeFair's Avatar
ToBeFair ToBeFair is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 8, 2018
Posts: 2,455

Tulsi Gabbard will run for President.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...nt-run-1098629
__________________
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old January 12, 2019, 06:55 AM
ToBeFair's Avatar
ToBeFair ToBeFair is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 8, 2018
Posts: 2,455

Sherrod Brown might run:

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...0-iowa-1090314
__________________
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old January 12, 2019, 11:48 AM
ToBeFair's Avatar
ToBeFair ToBeFair is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 8, 2018
Posts: 2,455

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...ocrats-1098636

Julian Castro running - will fail like Little Marco Rubio.
__________________
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old January 14, 2019, 02:26 PM
epitaph's Avatar
epitaph epitaph is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: July 18, 2007
Posts: 1,389

Besides Bernie, anyone else continuously talks policies like him instead of feel-good BS?
__________________
"No problem bowling, but speaking and batting, problem." - The Fizz
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old January 14, 2019, 05:17 PM
ToBeFair's Avatar
ToBeFair ToBeFair is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 8, 2018
Posts: 2,455

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
bhai apni ki USA thaken? karon apni dekhi US politics shomondhe onek kichu janen. I haven't even heard many of the names that you mentioned in the first post.

just asking out of curiosity. nothing personal. I learned something new about those people.
আদার বেপারীর জাহাজের খবর, এই আর কি।
__________________
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old January 15, 2019, 11:56 PM
ToBeFair's Avatar
ToBeFair ToBeFair is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 8, 2018
Posts: 2,455

Kirsten Gillibrand to run:

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...mittee-1102369

Also I am hearing Amy Klobuhcar might run too.

The fate of both of them will be same as that of Carly Fiorina.
__________________
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old January 16, 2019, 12:05 AM
Roey Haque's Avatar
Roey Haque Roey Haque is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 26, 2012
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan
Posts: 5,914

Trump has to be in office. Bernie will set USA back 20 years. ISIS will return, NK will start their nuclear program again, Iran will start making noise, and what Trump couldn't do, Bernie won't be able to do either, that is, stick it to KSA.

So let's all pray for President Trump. Please Lord, grant him victory. Keep leftist nuts as far away as you can from the throne.
Amen.
__________________
#PrivatizeBCB
#PrivatizeBFF
The end of Rahim will mark a new great beginning for the complacency free Bangladesh!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old January 16, 2019, 12:22 AM
al Furqaan's Avatar
al Furqaan al Furqaan is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 18, 2004
Location: New York City
Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Posts: 24,551

At this point, Corbyn might be your bigger worry.
__________________
Bangladesh: Our Dream, Our Joy, Our Team

#OneTeam1Dream
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old January 16, 2019, 12:22 AM
ToBeFair's Avatar
ToBeFair ToBeFair is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 8, 2018
Posts: 2,455

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
Trump has to be in office. Bernie will set USA back 20 years. ISIS will return, NK will start their nuclear program again, Iran will start making noise, and what Trump couldn't do, Bernie won't be able to do either, that is, stick it to KSA.

So let's all pray for President Trump. Please Lord, grant him victory. Keep leftist nuts as far away as you can from the throne.
Amen.
শকুনের দোয়ায় সাধারণত গরু মরে না

__________________
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old January 21, 2019, 10:01 PM
Yankees Yankees is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 10, 2017
Location: New York
Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz
Posts: 3,782

add kamala harris to the list...
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old January 21, 2019, 10:32 PM
aklemalp's Avatar
aklemalp aklemalp is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: September 5, 2009
Location: Guyana,South America
Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall
Posts: 28,655

A Tallawah.

Jamaica in the house.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old January 21, 2019, 11:07 PM
ToBeFair's Avatar
ToBeFair ToBeFair is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 8, 2018
Posts: 2,455

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees
add kamala harris to the list...
She is very unlikely to win the primary and I hope this fraud never wins.

When she was the attorney general of California, her office recommended her to prosecute Steve Mnuchin, who had founded One West bank and earned money by illegally foreclosing on grandmas and grandpas and other vulnerable people. What did Kamala Harris do? She asked her office to turn the other cheek. And now Mnuchin in the Secretary of Treasury.

Be it Clinton, Bush, Obama, or Trump, they all awarded the biggest frauds of their time the position of Treasury Secretary. Coincidence?

In this age of populism and anti-establishment, a republican in democratic skin has no chance, unless DNC cheats like 2016. Race and woman cards do not buy votes anymore, its policy people are looking for.
__________________
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old January 22, 2019, 01:31 AM
iDumb iDumb is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 18, 2010
Location: NYC
Favorite Player: Di Caprio
Posts: 6,474

Race and women will work against the democrats. you need a white male to defeat donnie. A young Bill clinton type would do world of good.

I was surprised last election when democrats gave such a big spotlight to the muslim Gold star family. Meanwhile Trump was gaining popularity using anti-immigrant, anti-muslim rhetoric. Democrats strategist have to be smarter. It's all great but the khan family shoudln;t have been such a big focus of the campaign in my opinion.

Listen to what ppl want. The poor white family in middle of America who was thriving just couple of decades ago with manufacturing jobs is not gonna be kind to the images of successful immigrants in America even if the immigrants aren't cause of their misfortune.

Trump is doing or attempting to do just enough to get those votes again. Despite all his baggage he is still favorites to be reelected me thinks.
__________________
Life is short. Have an affair.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old January 22, 2019, 02:18 AM
Roey Haque's Avatar
Roey Haque Roey Haque is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 26, 2012
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan
Posts: 5,914

^ Of course. I think if they allowed 3 terms, he would be voted in again in 2024.

The democratic party is full of pretentious people like Clinton or hypocrites like Sanders. It's usually one of the two. They cannot get a guy who's as much a straight shooter like Trump.

Maybe another party, or a wild card celebrity candidate can challenge Trump.
__________________
#PrivatizeBCB
#PrivatizeBFF
The end of Rahim will mark a new great beginning for the complacency free Bangladesh!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old January 22, 2019, 02:20 AM
ToBeFair's Avatar
ToBeFair ToBeFair is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 8, 2018
Posts: 2,455

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
Race and women will work against the democrats. you need a white male to defeat donnie. A young Bill clinton type would do world of good.

I was surprised last election when democrats gave such a big spotlight to the muslim Gold star family. Meanwhile Trump was gaining popularity using anti-immigrant, anti-muslim rhetoric. Democrats strategist have to be smarter. It's all great but the khan family shoudln;t have been such a big focus of the campaign in my opinion.

Listen to what ppl want. The poor white family in middle of America who was thriving just couple of decades ago with manufacturing jobs is not gonna be kind to the images of successful immigrants in America even if the immigrants aren't cause of their misfortune.

Trump is doing or attempting to do just enough to get those votes again. Despite all his baggage he is still favorites to be reelected me thinks.

The race card will work against the Democrats because they use the race, feminism, LGBT cards with an opportunistic, insincere heart.

Example:

When Hillary Clinton was running, they said: you must vote for her, you must be with her. Or else, you are against feminism, anti-women, sexist, and God must have a special place for you in the Hell.

However, when Ocasio Cortez was running against Joe Crowley, or when Cynthia Nixon was running against Andrew Cuomo, they immediately ditched the race/women card. Corporate Democrats endorsed Crowley and Cuomo in droves.

People see through this hypocrisy. And this gives Trump win after win.

I disagree with the idea that you need a handsome young Bubba to beat Trump. That worked in the 90s, but since people are more informed now a days, it will not work anymore. If it would, a 75 year old while man without any name recognition and uncombed hair would have not closed 60 points gap with Hillary Clinton. It is all about what’s in it for me now a days.

I also agree that Democrats should have not highlighted Khan family in their convention. It was comical and an unwise move. Forgive me for saying this, but USA unfortunately remains a deeply racist country, and even though it is not pronounced publicly, disproportionate incarceration rate of people of color and other indicators prove otherwise. Therefore, highlighting a Muslim family, no matter how big their sacrifice was - I am sure it was it was not well received by substantial portion of Dem electorate, let alone the Republicans. But Dem strategist cannot be smarter. Because they want the status quo to continue, and thus they want milk toast corporate Dems to remain in power and ensure their own job security. And when you support corporate Dems, it is close to impossible to counter Republican arguments with solid policy arguments, because you just don't have any. Corporate democrats are nothing but republican-lites. Therefore, all the strategists are left with is phony feminism, phony race card, meek social progressivism here and there, and empty rhetoric like "stronger together".
__________________
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old January 22, 2019, 04:35 AM
Jadukor's Avatar
Jadukor Jadukor is offline
2019 WC Fantasy Winner
 
Join Date: October 17, 2010
Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara
Posts: 13,916

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToBeFair

Example:

When Hillary Clinton was running, they said: you must vote for her, you must be with her. Or else, you are against feminism, anti-women, sexist, and God must have a special place for you in the Hell.

However, when Ocasio Cortez was running against Joe Crowley, or when Cynthia Nixon was running against Andrew Cuomo, they immediately ditched the race/women card. Corporate Democrats endorsed Crowley and Cuomo in droves.
No people said that because Hillary was running against Trump who embodies anti women, sexist, racist views. This is not the case with Oscario vs Joe which is why this line of argument was never used.
__________________
Caught Somewhere in Time
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old January 22, 2019, 04:57 AM
ToBeFair's Avatar
ToBeFair ToBeFair is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 8, 2018
Posts: 2,455

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
No people said that because Hilary was running against Trump who embodies anti women, sexist, racist views. This is not the case with Oscario vs Joe which is why this line of argument was never used.
This line of argument was definitely used against Bernie and used repeatedly during the primary, even before Trump was the nominee.

I recall that in one press conference, Bernie was asked by a female reporter if he was being sexist because he was competing against Hillary. Bernie politely said NO, but he should have asked the reporter if Hillary was being anti-Semitic by running against Bernie, a Jew.

For those who have closely followed 2016 campaign will know that Hillary definitely over played the sexist card. She should have not played that card at all. Did Obama ever use the race card in 2008? Never once. Because Obama was too smart to stoop into such cheap, sure-backfiring tactics.

And the sexist card tactics have resurfaced again already. In a recent MSNBC program, one guest said she was already tired of old white males when they were discussing the prospect of Bernie 2020. Since when it became a crime to be a old white male? And in another program, another host said Kamala Harris has a lot of energy. Why? Because she is a woman and a woman of color. Preposterous argument to say the least.

Of course they are not playing the sexist card when it comes to Liz Warren or Tulsi Gabbard because establishment does not like them at all.

The coming primary will be very interesting.
__________________
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old January 22, 2019, 05:19 AM
Jadukor's Avatar
Jadukor Jadukor is offline
2019 WC Fantasy Winner
 
Join Date: October 17, 2010
Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara
Posts: 13,916

Bernie vs Hilary was a very civil primary especially in comparison to the Republican primary. Both were very respectful to each other. Bernie should have been the nominee and the whole DNC bias against him dampened the spirit of democratic voters which proved catastrophic in the end. There is however no excuse to elect this corrupt racist lyin hamberder eatin moron. Electing Bush over Gore led to useless wars and bloodshed instead of investments in renewable energy and now god knows how much damage trump era will cause in it's lifetime. We take the current level of peace and international order for granted and that's why it is easy to take cheap shots against centrist establishment backed leaders. I like a stable world with less stable geniuses waking up from bed and deciding on foreign policy over a Fox news binge. Hopefully whoever wins the primary will know how to beat Trump because Trump is totally uncharted territory.
__________________
Caught Somewhere in Time
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old January 22, 2019, 05:49 AM
ToBeFair's Avatar
ToBeFair ToBeFair is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 8, 2018
Posts: 2,455

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Bernie vs Hilary was a very civil primary especially in comparison to the Republican primary. Both were very respectful to each other. Bernie should have been the nominee and the whole DNC bias against him dampened the spirit of democratic voters which proved catastrophic in the end. There is however no excuse to elect this corrupt racist lyin hamberder eatin moron. Electing Bush over Gore led to useless wars and bloodshed instead of investments in renewable energy and now god knows how much damage trump era will cause in it's lifetime. We take the current level of peace and international order for granted and that's why it is easy to take cheap shots against centrist establishment backed leaders. I like a stable world with less stable geniuses waking up from bed and deciding on foreign policy over a Fox news binge. Hopefully whoever wins the primary will know how to beat Trump because Trump is totally uncharted territory.
What you failed to take note is what gave rise to a demagogue like Trump in the first place. It is the existing neo liberal world order. The existing neo liberal order has reached its zenith, and now the only way forward is either progressive socialist revolution or a right wing populism. Since the Democrats stopped Bernie, the progressive socialist option, naturally people opted for right wing's phony populism.

If it was not Trump, definitely another demagogue would have risen up. It was inevitable. And this is the legacy of Reagan-Clinton-Obama's neo liberalism. Trump is their legacy, no matter how much they dislike it or deny it.

And this is exactly what has happened in Brazil. When real progressives like Lula and Dilama were illegally removed from power, Obama-esque Haddad failed to win the election. Rather, right wing populist Jair Bosonerao filled the void.

Same is happening in France. Neo-liberal Macron won the last election but his presidency is already shaky now. With the absence of a Bernie-Corbyn like leader in France, right wing Marine Le Pen will very likely be the next French President.

Dark days ahead.
__________________
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old January 22, 2019, 08:10 AM
Jadukor's Avatar
Jadukor Jadukor is offline
2019 WC Fantasy Winner
 
Join Date: October 17, 2010
Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara
Posts: 13,916

Disagree. Hillary won the popular vote despite being a widely disliked candidate. Trump did not win like Obama did 2008.. Trump scrapped through by razor thin margins in key states which could have gone either way. There is no right wing populism red wave because it cannot explain why Dems annihilated the house Republicans in the mid term. There is an increase in popularity for right wing politics due to broken immigration policies and uncontrolled migration. Most trump voters are also misguided and they think coal jobs and manufacturing jobs will come back without understanding the larger shifts in technology and industry. It is not Obama or Hillary's fault VHS tapes got replaced by Blu Ray and you lost your job at Video Connection. That is where the industry is heading no matter who is in power. Trump voters also cannot differentiate between a good right wing populist leader and a con artist who entered politics to make some quick bucks from Russia. This guy has the general knowledge of a 5th grader and people hail him as the next Messiah. This is absurd.

In the US, I believe it is the result of failing to control the southern border for decades and partially due to the Dems playing race politics. In Europe it was triggered by the decision to take in a huge influx of refugees and until that point Merkel was popular. Macron is trying to introduce reforms so obviously his popularity took a hit but no reason to count him out just yet. If the left make sensible policies to curb accelerated migration.. they will win again. This will be proven when Trump gets soundly beaten in the next election. The guy in Brazil got sympathy vote for being stabbed.
__________________
Caught Somewhere in Time
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:59 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket