facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old May 21, 2019, 06:15 AM
SportingBD's Avatar
SportingBD SportingBD is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 20, 2016
Location: London, UK
Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful
Posts: 4,965
Default ***Potential Business Owner***

What kind of business can one start with a limited capital? Say max 70-100k

Would love to hear if you are a current business owner (restaurant, takeaways, shops etc)

Do you own the business on lease or freehold? Satisfied with the decision?
__________________
My Twitter: www.twitter.com/Bangla13c
The tongue is like a Lion. If you let it loose, it will wound someone - Imam Ali (R.A)
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old May 21, 2019, 08:25 AM
Fazal's Avatar
Fazal Fazal is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 16, 2004
Posts: 18,612

So you have a disposable 100K in your hand?


Lets throw a party first, and then we will talk.


Good advice doesn't come free you know...
__________________
"Make Bangladesh Cricket Great Again"
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old May 21, 2019, 10:45 AM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 32,591

Invest in a house where river runs beneath. Real estate area you can't count full of gardens. No electric bill, water bill, maintenance fee. The architecture is nothing like this world has ever seen. If you have already done that by now then

++++

Buy Land in BD. Preferably South BD. Since the Padma bridge is underway, the price will sky rocket in 5 years 3 folds minimum. More than anything in return you will get from investing in a restaurant/store in England. Plus you don't have to work for it, give time and energy. The only draw back is don't go too much south. Faridpur, Kushtia, Jessor, Upper part of Khulna.
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Gandhi.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old May 21, 2019, 02:16 PM
Fazal's Avatar
Fazal Fazal is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 16, 2004
Posts: 18,612

... don't listen to CatsTigers Eye, you will lose everything you have. You buy a land of clean record, next year multiple owners will pop up. You pay them to close their mouths, few years back their children will claim ownership of the land. You pay them up hansome amount of money, few years later their dead parents will come up from graveyard and claim ownership..... life will be completely borbaad.


better option, send me the money, I will manage your account.
__________________
"Make Bangladesh Cricket Great Again"
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old May 25, 2019, 10:53 AM
SportingBD's Avatar
SportingBD SportingBD is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 20, 2016
Location: London, UK
Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful
Posts: 4,965

I was thinking of Jewellery and brand watches businesses.
Anyone have experience in this type of business?

Not as rich, as some of you guys are making it sound lol.

This thread is more about knowing the ins and outs of running a business.
__________________
My Twitter: www.twitter.com/Bangla13c
The tongue is like a Lion. If you let it loose, it will wound someone - Imam Ali (R.A)
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old May 29, 2019, 02:00 PM
Fazal's Avatar
Fazal Fazal is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 16, 2004
Posts: 18,612

You don't need shops to sell watches and jewellery, only thing you need is a coat and some hard work....


__________________
"Make Bangladesh Cricket Great Again"
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old May 30, 2019, 08:27 AM
One World One World is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: May 18, 2005
Location: New England
Favorite Player: Mominul Haque
Posts: 24,234

Hi, did you find a suitable area to invest yet?
__________________
元気
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old June 8, 2019, 10:14 PM
Yankees Yankees is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 10, 2017
Location: New York
Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz
Posts: 3,782

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportingBD
What kind of business can one start with a limited capital? Say max 70-100k

Would love to hear if you are a current business owner (restaurant, takeaways, shops etc)

Do you own the business on lease or freehold? Satisfied with the decision?
assuming not hypothetical, congrats on saving 70-100k. i hope u dont have it all parked in a savings acct.

I'm genuinely curious why you are looking at retail businesses. whats the attraction there?
for me, i would never go into retail, definitely not restaurants. huge overhead, razor thin margins, difficult to differentiate. this is not something you can do on the side, so are you prepared to quit your day job?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old June 9, 2019, 12:57 AM
iDumb iDumb is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 18, 2010
Location: NYC
Favorite Player: Di Caprio
Posts: 6,473

Many ppl are thriving doing restaurants, groceries, supermarket. While also having a full time job. there are no right answer.

and 100k USD isn't a lot of money. You will need multiple partners to open up restaurants, shops anyway. Some of those equipment like commercial freezer alone will set you back 20K.

but it's exactly the right amount of money fro stock market though :p
__________________
Life is short. Have an affair.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old June 9, 2019, 11:01 AM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Location: Ω
Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma
Posts: 34,400

70k? I am jealous. PLEASE tell me bank will loan you. lol
__________________
God

My latest video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tm-...ature=youtu.be
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old June 9, 2019, 12:57 PM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Location: Ω
Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma
Posts: 34,400

-Buy Banglacricket (viable option/cricket booming industry in BD)
-Operate a dispensary
-Boost that narcotic trade to a legit meth industry
-Top it off with human trafficking and child labor in Ghana/team up with Maersk
-Branch out into arms dealing
-Invest side money to Thai prostitution ring
-Sprinkle some in Ponzi and pyramid
-Rule the world
__________________
God

My latest video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tm-...ature=youtu.be
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old June 9, 2019, 12:58 PM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Location: Ω
Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma
Posts: 34,400

Oh by the way this is also my same hierarchy in reverse when annoying uncles ask the question with sideways glance in desi parties: toh tumi ki korcho ekhon...

"I deal cocaine."
__________________
God

My latest video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tm-...ature=youtu.be
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old June 10, 2019, 03:24 PM
SportingBD's Avatar
SportingBD SportingBD is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 20, 2016
Location: London, UK
Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful
Posts: 4,965

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
-Buy Banglacricket (viable option/cricket booming industry in BD)
-Operate a dispensary
-Boost that narcotic trade to a legit meth industry
-Top it off with human trafficking and child labor in Ghana/team up with Maersk
-Branch out into arms dealing
-Invest side money to Thai prostitution ring
-Sprinkle some in Ponzi and pyramid
-Rule the world
I don't think it is profitable. But I do like the idea. I have seen how football teams have like their Individual channels e.g. like Arsenal Fan Tv. One can perhaps do something like that, a BanglaCricket Fan Tv, YouTube channel. Pretty sure you will get decent amount of subscription. When you hit a certain number of subscribers, you can get sponsors to back your YouTube channel.

Go outside Mirpur, ask fans what they thought of the match etc. I am not into sports business, but this is quite a viable option, plus not too expensive.
__________________
My Twitter: www.twitter.com/Bangla13c
The tongue is like a Lion. If you let it loose, it will wound someone - Imam Ali (R.A)
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old June 10, 2019, 03:33 PM
SportingBD's Avatar
SportingBD SportingBD is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 20, 2016
Location: London, UK
Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful
Posts: 4,965

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
Many ppl are thriving doing restaurants, groceries, supermarket. While also having a full time job. there are no right answer.

and 100k USD isn't a lot of money. You will need multiple partners to open up restaurants, shops anyway. Some of those equipment like commercial freezer alone will set you back 20K.

but it's exactly the right amount of money fro stock market though :p
I am not sure about many, but yes there are successful people thriving in groceries, supermarket, resturants etc businesses. It is quite a difficult time for restaurant businesses in UK. I think last year over a thousand plus restaurants went bust. Plus not sure about this specific industry, the future of eating out.. maybe someone will come up with a better idea to replace this eating out habit.
__________________
My Twitter: www.twitter.com/Bangla13c
The tongue is like a Lion. If you let it loose, it will wound someone - Imam Ali (R.A)
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old June 10, 2019, 03:35 PM
SportingBD's Avatar
SportingBD SportingBD is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 20, 2016
Location: London, UK
Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful
Posts: 4,965

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees
assuming not hypothetical, congrats on saving 70-100k. i hope u dont have it all parked in a savings acct.

I'm genuinely curious why you are looking at retail businesses. whats the attraction there?
for me, i would never go into retail, definitely not restaurants. huge overhead, razor thin margins, difficult to differentiate. this is not something you can do on the side, so are you prepared to quit your day job?
I want something that will give me a constant cash inflow, without having to leave my current job. I love what I do. In every type of businesses there are challenges imo.
__________________
My Twitter: www.twitter.com/Bangla13c
The tongue is like a Lion. If you let it loose, it will wound someone - Imam Ali (R.A)
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old June 11, 2019, 12:50 AM
Yankees Yankees is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 10, 2017
Location: New York
Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz
Posts: 3,782

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportingBD
I want something that will give me a constant cash inflow, without having to leave my current job. I love what I do. In every type of businesses there are challenges imo.
well isnt that everyone wants? lol.

in my humble opinion, I dont think restaurant will give you that. unless you buy into an already established operation. on top of everything else I mentioned, this isnt an industry that attracts the best employees. when you chef or manager flakes out, what will u do? take off work and go man the entree station?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old June 11, 2019, 12:54 AM
Yankees Yankees is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 10, 2017
Location: New York
Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz
Posts: 3,782

you have several options:
- buy into an established business (need to find one first looking to inject capital, and do some serious due diligence).
- real estate, not sure if feasible in your area, but that money can be downpayment for a 350-400k house and rent it out. (I dont personally like condos, so wouldnt advise u the same).
-easiest option: stock market. truly passive income.

I actually have an ecommerce business that i would say is truly passive income. it's now completely on the FBA platform. And I put in maybe 5-8 hours week. but it took me several years to get to this level, and something i started during college after messing around and also failing with different ecommerce models, dropshipping, etc. lots of pros and cons to FBA, but its another avenue to look into. good luck
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old June 11, 2019, 01:24 PM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Location: Ω
Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma
Posts: 34,400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees
you have several options:
- buy into an established business (need to find one first looking to inject capital, and do some serious due diligence).
- real estate, not sure if feasible in your area, but that money can be downpayment for a 350-400k house and rent it out. (I dont personally like condos, so wouldnt advise u the same).
-easiest option: stock market. truly passive income.

I actually have an ecommerce business that i would say is truly passive income. it's now completely on the FBA platform. And I put in maybe 5-8 hours week. but it took me several years to get to this level, and something i started during college after messing around and also failing with different ecommerce models, dropshipping, etc. lots of pros and cons to FBA, but its another avenue to look into. good luck
For me Kindle truly has become a passive income, except I suck at it, lol. I mean people churn out the *****est *** there as form of low pulp romcom vampire fiction and STILL kills it. Completely.

Whereas I make like 60c a month. But the thing is it works. Ever since a year or so ago, after the machine started perpetually I found that pennies are still trickling. Now only if I had the fanbase and marketing prowess of low grade fiction writers of swords and dragonslayers.

So to recap, if someone could multiply it 10 or 100 fold a day, the money will keep coming once the token has been inserted in the beast perpetually.

As much I wanted to f--- with stocks, I felt it is best to invest in oneself and for the creative of thrill of sculpting something with your own hands. Plus selling in kindle gives me satisfaction even if it I earn a penny.

I saw a video about one dude who became millionaire just by frikkin selling cat litter-picker on Amazon. Imagine!

These are the people who goes to shark tank....

(Sometimes part of creativity is relinquishing quality, although my ego is too big to budge...)
__________________
God

My latest video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tm-...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by Zeeshan; June 11, 2019 at 02:34 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old June 11, 2019, 02:03 PM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 32,591

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Oh by the way this is also my same hierarchy in reverse when annoying uncles ask the question with sideways glance in desi parties: toh tumi ki korcho ekhon...

"I deal cocaine."
Please please please. Next time keep your camera ready or already rolling before you answer them (us). I would like to know there expression of their face. For me, the reaction would be, "I see, is it Halal or Haram?"
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Gandhi.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old June 11, 2019, 02:10 PM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 32,591

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
...
Whereas I make like 60c a month. But the thing is it works. Ever since a year or so ago, after the machine started perpetually I found that pennies are still trickling. Now only if I had the fanbase and marketing prowess of low grade fiction writers of swords and dragonslayers.

So to recap, if someone could multiply it 10 or 100 fold a day, the money will keep coming once the token has been inserted in the beast perpetually.
...
(Sometimes part of creativity is relinquishing quality, although my ego is too big to budge...)
Focus on 3-8 year olds buys and girls. What do they like? Do/create videos that they will like. Name them as what would they search for to get hits. Story telling with action figures. Ninja Warriors something like that. LEGOs.
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Gandhi.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old June 11, 2019, 11:50 PM
Yankees Yankees is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 10, 2017
Location: New York
Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz
Posts: 3,782

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Whereas I make like 60c a month. But the thing is it works. Ever since a year or so ago, after the machine started perpetually I found that pennies are still trickling. Now only if I had the fanbase and marketing prowess of low grade fiction writers of swords and dragonslayers.
sounds like you already know what would increase your earnings, but dont want to go that route. but then again, that genre must be flooded with writers trying to become the next JK Rowling. how would one stand out of that mess?

writing, like everything else in life, is all about past success. the writer that gets on the nytimes best seller will get the book deals. VCs almost blindly invest in founders with previous exits. Movie producers would rather go with a well established actor. etc etc. this is why guys like cat litter picker and jk Rowling are special - they caught lightning in a bottle. but still, there are many moderately wealthy writers, entrepreneurs, actors, who carve out a niche for themselves. And marketplaces like kindle amazon, even ebay, itunes can provide a platform to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
As much I wanted to f--- with stocks, I felt it is best to invest in oneself and for the creative of thrill of sculpting something with your own hands. Plus selling in kindle gives me satisfaction even if it I earn a penny.
thee two arent necessarily mutually exclusive.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old June 11, 2019, 11:57 PM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Location: Ω
Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma
Posts: 34,400

In Amazon it's all about reviews. ^^^ The guy who sold the cat litter picker insisted on pareto principle of 80/20. Invest so much either via social market campaign to FORCE 100 reviews, of course honest reviews, which will drive the sales automatically. I mean sure you got 1000 bucks to burn then why not, advertise...

Hence the spate of crappy authors with 100 honest reviews PLUS their deeply cultivated LARGE fanbase.

There are ways. Execution and sweat is the key.
__________________
God

My latest video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tm-...ature=youtu.be
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old June 11, 2019, 11:58 PM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Location: Ω
Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma
Posts: 34,400

Heck you can sell a Banglacricket t-shirt and get rich. Key is finding the right and large audience.
__________________
God

My latest video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tm-...ature=youtu.be
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old June 12, 2019, 12:39 AM
Yankees Yankees is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 10, 2017
Location: New York
Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz
Posts: 3,782

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
In Amazon it's all about reviews. ^^^ The guy who sold the cat litter picker insisted on pareto principle of 80/20. Invest so much either via social market campaign to FORCE 100 reviews, of course honest reviews, which will drive the sales automatically. I mean sure you got 1000 bucks to burn then why not, advertise...

Hence the spate of crappy authors with 100 honest reviews PLUS their deeply cultivated LARGE fanbase.

There are ways. Execution and sweat is the key.
you already know, so do it.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:43 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket