facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 18, 2019, 04:50 PM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Anyone who plays for BD!!
BDFlag Can Mustafizur regain his Fizz???

I am sure we have thought this question,maybe phrased differently, many times. The story of Mustafizur is roller coaster of emotions for a Bangladesh fan. When Fizz started he swept the world, no batsmen could hit him for more than 6 runs an over, hitting a boundary seemed a pain for the batsmen, even Andre Russell got put on the floor it what was one of the best yorkers in cricket history.Fizz continued to superstardom often breaking records stealing the spotlight from other superstars, getting batsmen out regularly it got to a point where we as bangladesh fans started to think when is fizz gonna bowl how many overs does he have, why doesn't Mash just give him the ball now. Anyway the story of Fizz can be told maybe some other time. Now, the story has reached a point where most bangladesh promising young players tend to end up. A bowler comes around, every bangladesh fan gets excited then the player seems to forget how they used to play and this repeats. However with Fizz we all thought at the beginning this will not happen he is different his stats prove that. I 100% believe Fizz can back to old self it's just does he know how to? What's remarkable about Fizz is every since his injury return(the shoulder one) he has always shown glimpses of his old self.I remember back in the nidahas trophy final 2018 he bowled the 18th over and under pressure delivered a wicket maiden against India.Then I remember the commentator saying this is Mustafizur and I thought I couldn't agree more, then we lost , but anyway back to this topic, he has it in him it's just I feel he doesn't know what he used to do. For example notice how his action has changed it went from one fluid motion to a coil and release. His arm position was a lot straighter before along with his run up. Also just everything he is doing just does not look like what he used to do. Can he not see videos of his old bowling and figure out what he is doing???

Also what on earth happened to his cutters??? Before, I think Danny Morrison said it best(When he got rid of Jadeja in the IPL 2016) 'It's like a fast off break' and I couldn't agree more. When Fizz used to do his cutters before some of them were fast some where slow that what made batsmen get out because they are used to what fizz does currently bowl seam up then slower cutter. Yes this can be good but only sometimes. Also to match those cutters were pin point line and length. If you look at Fizz's previous wickets, there nearly all a yorker or top of off stump. Also seam movement before fans and commentators were all amazed at Fizz'z inward movement and were hoping he would develop outward movement this essentially would make him near impossible to play and a wicket taker. Even Dale Steyn drew comparisons of him and Wasim Akram. Now I think he actually gets more movement in the air inwards however the movement of the pitch is missing. Lastly his pace, his pace has not gone sure it might be lower than before but it is very minimal, I think this is down to his new action and run up.

To conclude, everything I have said the Fizz does sometimes now, but when he does we Bangladesh Fans get flashbacks of how he used to bowl and wonder when will this Fizz return?? He does have it in him, and hopefully the Mustafizur Rahman shows THE FIZZ once again.

Old February 18, 2019, 05:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

We found a good raw talent, that happens once a century.
Indians got angry after he made fool of their seniors. They invited him to IPL and broke his thang on purpose. Fizz is now history.
Old February 18, 2019, 07:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingara
We found a good raw talent, that happens once a century.
Indians got angry after he made fool of their seniors. They invited him to IPL and broke his thang on purpose. Fizz is now history.
This has to be the most retarded thing i have read today
Old February 18, 2019, 11:46 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: sarkar

it was good while it lasted

I got to see some special bowling. Got to shut up Pakistan, South Africa and India in a magical phase.

It was 100% worth it. Just accept the magic for what it was and replay it over and over.
Old February 19, 2019, 12:05 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_am_ringo
it was good while it lasted

I got to see some special bowling. Got to shut up Pakistan, South Africa and India in a magical phase.

It was 100% worth it. Just accept the magic for what it was and replay it over and over.
No one is going to take 5 wickets every damn game. Even Wasim Akram *only* averages 1.6 wickets per ODI match - and he's generally regarded as the greatest ODI fast bowler ever. Fizz is still above that average I think.

I've always said that if Fizz can be a guy who averages 25-26 at an economy rate of under 4.8 he will always be one of best damn bowlers in the world.

Right now his average is 21 at an economy rate of 4.5.

His biggest test will be the World Cup. Can he average around 25 at around 5 an over? If so, than BD wins a fair number of games.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 19, 2019, 02:12 AM
First Class Cricketer

Got hooked onto IPL. Lost interest in life.

Case closed.