facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old May 17, 2013, 09:09 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiators
New to basketball - love the way the Grizzlies play - Gasol and Randolph, wow. Warriors also put up a very good fight against the Spurs.

Kono labh nei - LeBron and Miami abar champion
welcome. the grizzlies are playing well but they have to overcome spurs. I want anyone except Miami to be the champion.

Old May 17, 2013, 09:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
George Hill will be out for at least a week. Even if he is fit, nba protocol will keep him out after concussion for few days.

But it was Woodson's fault in game 3/4. He let Jason Kidd (missed last 17 shots) for a long time, let Amare coming back from injury to play crucial games in playoffs. While Prigioni and Copeland/Novak were sitting on bench. Copeland played yesterday and made a big difference.

Anthony regained some offensive form. If we can win game 6 then the momentum will be with us in game 7 at the garden.
Ironically I missed those two games and wasn't aware of the Kidd and Amare situation. I can see why Woodson can be faulted for these decisions of blindly betting on experience to bail him out in crucial situations. But I'm sure he'll learn from his mistakes and make amends, and also generally speaking, he's the first Knick coach in a long time to give newcomers a chance, thereby allowing guys like Copeland, Shumpert, Prigioni to flourish in his system.
Old May 17, 2013, 09:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Quote:
welcome. the grizzlies are playing well but they have to overcome spurs. I want anyone except Miami to be the champion.
my sentiments too
Old May 17, 2013, 09:27 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman
Ironically I missed those two games and wasn't aware of the Kidd and Amare situation. I can see why Woodson can be faulted for these decisions of blindly betting on experience to bail him out in crucial situations. But I'm sure he'll learn from his mistakes and make amends, and also generally speaking, he's the first Knick coach in a long time to give newcomers a chance, thereby allowing guys like Copeland, Shumpert, Prigioni to flourish in his system.
yeah he is a good coach and gives chances to players. regardless of what happens in this series, he took the knicks to a great distance this seasons. 56 wins in regular season (most since 96/97), atlantic division champion, 2nd seed in east, 2nd round in playoff (last time was in 2000/01 season). So he should stay.

The frustrating comes from the fact that knicks played so well in regular season and now just can't make baskets. JR Smith was 6th man of the year and now shooting below 30% in last 3 games. Let's see what happens now on Saturday.
Old May 17, 2013, 01:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Jummar namaz poira ashlam.. aar Allahr kache onek maaf chaichi gotokal er jonno....
Old May 17, 2013, 02:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Predictions

Heat in 5 against the Pacers. (I believe they will take the series next game vs Knicks)

Grizzlies in 7 against the Spurs.

Final: Heat in 4 against the Grizzlies.
Old May 17, 2013, 08:18 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
It is not Woodson's fault. It is the GM bringing selfish players. Woodson is coaching to the team's strength. Carmelo is a ball hog 2.0. So over-rated.That is the problem. Look at his FG%. There lies your answer.
Ya Knicks haven't won a playoff series since 2000 and the main player that got them there is overrated. He's a top 5 player in the NBA just because he's not as good as Durant and Lebron doesn't mean he's overrated. And remember, Lebron got Wade and Bosh and Durant has Westbrook. Melo has JR. See the difference? He's 1 of the best pure scorers in the game
Old May 17, 2013, 08:22 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
George Hill will be out for at least a week. Even if he is fit, nba protocol will keep him out after concussion for few days.

But it was Woodson's fault in game 3/4. He let Jason Kidd (missed last 17 shots) for a long time, let Amare coming back from injury to play crucial games in playoffs. While Prigioni and Copeland/Novak were sitting on bench. Copeland played yesterday and made a big difference.

Anthony regained some offensive form. If we can win game 6 then the momentum will be with us in game 7 at the garden.
Thank you. That's where I'm unhappy at Woodson. His player rotation is very mediocre. Can anyone explain why Copeland, who was a key bench player is now all of a sudden a bench warmer? And accessing players strengths also. Remember how this team was moving the ball in game 6 against the Celtics until they gave up the 27 point lead? It shows that this team has the ability to play as a team. Iso plays are good but balance it out
Old May 17, 2013, 08:24 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
yeah he is a good coach and gives chances to players. regardless of what happens in this series, he took the knicks to a great distance this seasons. 56 wins in regular season (most since 96/97), atlantic division champion, 2nd seed in east, 2nd round in playoff (last time was in 2000/01 season). So he should stay.

The frustrating comes from the fact that knicks played so well in regular season and now just can't make baskets. JR Smith was 6th man of the year and now shooting below 30% in last 3 games. Let's see what happens now on Saturday.
I think it's because of Melo and Smith mainly being on fire rather than Woodson being a great coach. I'm not a Woodson hater. He's done a great job off the court building a great positive relationship with the players. I just think he's got work to do as a tactician and player rotation
Old May 17, 2013, 08:33 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman
I agree with TE...it's not Woodson's fault. Remember how bad they sucked last year before Linsanity happened and Woodson took over? They're actually doing better than what I expected. I like some of these what you refer to as bits and pieces players--Shumpert is one of the best perimeter defenders in the league, Chandler is one of the best interior defenders, Felton's a pretty decent PG for what he's worth. Carmelo is Carmelo, but he's no LeBron or Durant. I like the fact that they're giving young guys a chance and many of them are putting their hands up and making it count. The problem is they're paying $100 mil to a guy who doesn't play much defense nor can he stay healthy as long enough as Enamul Haq Jr. stays on the team - as Al would say. There's no way to get a very good 2nd scoring option without getting rid of Amare's salary.

P.S. Imagine the Heat without Wade or Bosh. Last year they're on the verge of losing to the Pacers before Bosh rejoined the team. Even this year I doubt they can beat the Pacers let alone the Grizzlies or Spurs with one of their Big 3 missing.
I'm fine with Shumpert and Felton. They're bargains given how much they make. Chandler though I have a problem with. I can see though he's definitely not 100%. He's getting about 14-15 mil a year. I want the guy to score more rather than be just a defender. Remember Hibbert makes the same amount of but has been producing a lot better than Chandler. Amare has also turned out to be a bad signing mainly because of his injuries.
Old May 18, 2013, 08:38 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
Jummar namaz poira ashlam.. aar Allahr kache onek maaf chaichi gotokal er jonno....

If the maaf is sincere, there is no doubt He will forgive.We are weak and will make mistakes. However, it is our DUTY to ask forgiveness. Allah has put it on himself to forgive those who seek forgiveness. The catch is one can't do the sin again and that goes back to the sincerity issue. He is the MOST merciful. If you don't ask HIM, who shall you ask?
Old May 18, 2013, 08:58 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Ya Knicks haven't won a playoff series since 2000 and the main player that got them there is overrated. He's a top 5 player in the NBA just because he's not as good as Durant and Lebron doesn't mean he's overrated. And remember, Lebron got Wade and Bosh and Durant has Westbrook. Melo has JR. See the difference? He's 1 of the best pure scorers in the game
Easy there. With that kind of Money spent (way over luxury tax and others roster they are facing pays almost half of theirs') if you don't win the conference then you are TRULY over-rated.

The coach played the strength that this team has. Jason Kidd was brought in to show leadership. We all knew he is way past his prime. Yet for experience he plays lots of minutes in the playoff series. Just like Derek Fisher (OKC).

Carmelo has done nothing. Few high scoring games mean nothing. There several players who did and can do that without his salary. On the contrary, others know the other parts of a basketball game. Like playing defense, ASSISTs and steals. He is the cancer that destroys Team game which Basketball is. One-on-one is only recommended when there is a mismatch on epic proportion the FG% chance is much higher. His playoffs FG % is attrocious. Almost .5 less than his regular season. He can't play with other Good players.

Take this to the bank. As long as Carmelo is there, NY will not snif any kind of post season hardware. I have followed Carmelo from Syracuse. Unbelievably talented and has changed so much from his college days. Unless he starts making others arround him better he will be ring-less.
Old May 18, 2013, 09:11 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Easy there. With that kind of Money spent (way over luxury tax and others roster they are facing pays almost half of theirs') if you don't win the conference then you are TRULY over-rated.

The coach played the strength that this team has. Jason Kidd was brought in to show leadership. We all knew he is way past his prime. Yet for experience he plays lots of minutes in the playoff series. Just like Derek Fisher (OKC).

Carmelo has done nothing. Few high scoring games mean nothing. There several players who did and can do that without his salary. On the contrary, others know the other parts of a basketball game. Like playing defense, ASSISTs and steals. He is the cancer that destroys Team game which Basketball is. One-on-one is only recommended when there is a mismatch on epic proportion the FG% chance is much higher. His playoffs FG % is attrocious. Almost .5 less than his regular season. He can't play with other Good players.

Take this to the bank. As long as Carmelo is there, NY will not snif any kind of post season hardware. I have followed Carmelo from Syracuse. Unbelievably talented and has changed so much from his college days. Unless he starts making others arround him better he will be ring-less.
Sorry if I was being over aggressive. Didn't mean to. Melo's my favorite player so I can get defensive when his name is brought up.

I agree this postseason he hasn't been at his best. Players can get in to slumps though especially with a volume shooter like Melo. Plus he's played with a bum shoulder and knee. We're seeing how much Wade is hindered with his knee. Your saying he can't play with other good players. How do we know that though? What superstar has he played with throughout his NBA career? Billups was one I could think of but that team was also very unbalanced. This year he's been showing much better effort on the defensive end. His assists are a bit low true but with another superstar caliber player, I don't think it would be as low as it is.

Anyways, today is a big day for the Knicks. Lets see what they can do and let's see if Melo proves critics like you wrong. Don't forget, great players such as Abdul-Jabbar, Jordan, and Shaq didn't win without a great superstar alongsides them.

Last edited by Tiger444; May 18, 2013 at 09:44 AM..
Old May 18, 2013, 02:37 PM
Cricket Legend

This was my view... Didn't take much pic..took only 2 pic. I am not doing anything in a store so sharing..

Old May 18, 2013, 03:13 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Sorry if I was being over aggressive. Didn't mean to. Melo's my favorite player so I can get defensive when his name is brought up.

I agree this postseason he hasn't been at his best. Players can get in to slumps though especially with a volume shooter like Melo. Plus he's played with a bum shoulder and knee....
This post season his Field goal % .419 which is significantly less than his regular season FG% .449.

Last year post season FG% .375 and regular season FG% .430.

As you can see this is not just one year. Go back to Denver years. Same pattern. Great players up their game come playoff time. They understand every possession matters a lot and doesn't jack up all the time. Melo has yet to master that. Thus he is ringless in NBA.
Old May 18, 2013, 03:29 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
This post season his Field goal % .419 which is significantly less than his regular season FG% .449.

Last year post season FG% .375 and regular season FG% .430.

As you can see this is not just one year. Go back to Denver years. Same pattern. Great players up their game come playoff time. They understand every possession matters a lot and doesn't jack up all the time. Melo has yet to master that. Thus he is ringless in NBA.
I agree that some of it has to be blamed on Melo but my point is that since he hasn't been surrounded by all star caliber teammates, his percentages are a bit low since he has to jack up more shots compared to other elite players. Not all of the blame should be on Melo for not winning yet. Did LeBron win in Cleveland without a proper supporting cast? He needed a team like Miami to win a championship.

Winning championships are tough and you need multiple all stars and well balanced teams to pull it off and that's why I do cut some slack off Melo. He hasn't been on a championship caliber team as of yet and while some blame can be on Melo, most of it should not be on him
Old May 18, 2013, 03:30 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
This was my view... Didn't take much pic..took only 2 pic. I am not doing anything in a store so sharing..

You got some nice seats there. Thanks for sharing
Old May 18, 2013, 08:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
You got some nice seats there. Thanks for sharing
thanks tiger. its half time now on game 6. we arent capitilizing on the rare slip up by pacers..... missing every shots....

we need someone else stepping up beside carmelo. we need some rebounds too... chandler ekta useless..
Old May 18, 2013, 08:53 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
thanks tiger. its half time now on game 6. we arent capitilizing on the rare slip up by pacers..... missing every shots....

we need someone else stepping up beside carmelo. we need some rebounds too... chandler ekta useless..
The next highest scorers is Prigioni and Martin with 6 points. Melo needs way more support. And your right Chandler is useless. Once again Hibbert is bossing him
Old May 18, 2013, 08:58 PM
Cricket Legend

tigee bro we coming back..last few mins were magical...shob 3 pointer dukhichi..khela dekho bhai...

my neighnor might call police on me again for screaming...
Old May 18, 2013, 09:03 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
tigee bro we coming back..last few mins were magical...shob 3 pointer dukhichi..khela dekho bhai...

my neighnor might call police on me again for screaming...
Haha i might have my neighbors doing the same thing. Four 3 pointers in 2 minutes. Crazy stuff.
Old May 18, 2013, 09:06 PM
Cricket Guru

Seems like Shumpert has raised his hand and offered to give Melo help. More help is needed
Old May 18, 2013, 09:07 PM
Cricket Guru

Big 4th quarter ahead of us. Lets go Knicks!
Old May 18, 2013, 09:11 PM
Cricket Legend

i am so nervous...... i hope knicks tough it out now......this is it...bring the game to MSG and it will be very togugh for pacer...

but very nerve wrecking....tough
Old May 18, 2013, 09:13 PM
Cricket Guru

Ya I'm getting nervous as well. Do or die