facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 30, 2012, 01:30 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.H.Rubel
The way Riyad batted today,he never should be promoted. Bering the captain he dont have enough courage to bat up for central Zone? His team is losing the match and he is watching from dressing room? Such a coward. He never should be promoted above #8.
He should only be promoted....he is damaging lower down the order...

Old December 30, 2012, 04:58 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
He should only be promoted....he is damaging lower down the order...
I think the problem with promoting riyad is less to do with his ability and more to do with his mindset, he just doesn't seem to want to bat higher and no matter what your capability if you're out in the middle wishing you were batting lower that's going to affect you imo.
Old December 30, 2012, 05:04 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib and Anamul

Riyad is fine where he is 4-7 but our test series against Sri Lanka should be like this - 01.Tamim, 02.Anamul, 03.Marshall/Mominul, 04.Naeem, 05.Shakib, 06.Rahim, 07.Nasir, 08.Riyad, 09.Gazi, 10.Abul/Nazmul, 11.Rubel/Shafiul.
Old December 30, 2012, 06:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vepu
he was injured. still scored a 50 and saved his team from defeat
Did anyone listen to this guy? HE WAS INJURED AND STILL PLAYED AND SAVED THE TEAM FROM DEFEAT.

So technically he is a hero in my terms.
Old December 30, 2012, 06:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.H.Rubel
The way Riyad batted today,he never should be promoted. Bering the captain he dont have enough courage to bat up for central Zone? His team is losing the match and he is watching from dressing room? Such a coward. He never should be promoted above #8.
Wow jumping to conclusions when the whole picture hasnt been painted. He was injured.
Old December 30, 2012, 06:59 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
I think the problem with promoting riyad is less to do with his ability and more to do with his mindset, he just doesn't seem to want to bat higher and no matter what your capability if you're out in the middle wishing you were batting lower that's going to affect you imo.
Still, once you forma team, you should assign a role according to his ability and need of the team. Even if he has an unwillingness, yet he will get set when he will find his confidence in doing that job. It's a worse situation to assign a task he is willing to do but beyond his ability .....
Old December 30, 2012, 08:00 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Still, once you forma team, you should assign a role according to his ability and need of the team. Even if he has an unwillingness, yet he will get set when he will find his confidence in doing that job. It's a worse situation to assign a task he is willing to do but beyond his ability .....
I understand what you are saying but at the same time we have a good group of capable batsmen who are willing to bat higher.
Old December 31, 2012, 07:22 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
but that's just your speculation , I mean u don't know what he thinks right? or did he ever say in any interview that he doesn't like batting up ?
Old December 31, 2012, 07:52 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
but that's just your speculation , I mean u don't know what he thinks right? or did he ever say in any interview that he doesn't like batting up ?
He did said he preferred to bat at 6 than in top 4.

And he proved it many times when he was the captain in ncl/bcl and dpl. So I guess keep him where he want to bat rather than forcing him to bat at the top
Old December 31, 2012, 12:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
This is an old matter. During Siddons era, Siddons in an interview said that several times he has offered Riyad to bat up but he has rejected. Few days ago I asked Ian in this forum regarding this and he also admitted the matter. Ian Said that Riyad don't like to bat up due to lack of confidence.
Old December 31, 2012, 03:11 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

everyone has their own slot of preference for batting. Its only natural for them to stick to that slot. If u ask Sakib to open the innings, how will he like that idea? Not that he isnt capable of opening, but he wont like the idea at all. On the other hand, If Tamim is asked to play 4 or 5, he will refuse it as well. Riyad prefers to bat between 5-8 and thats fine with me. Its not like there is some Dhoni or Mathews waiting to replace him in the lower order. Our entire batting line up is inconsistent. Face it! Promoting a no.7 batsman to no. 4 wont help. Its not doing much favors to Nasir right now anyways
Old December 31, 2012, 03:22 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
everyone has their own slot of preference for batting. Its only natural for them to stick to that slot. If u ask Sakib to open the innings, how will he like that idea? Not that he isnt capable of opening, but he wont like the idea at all. On the other hand, If Tamim is asked to play 4 or 5, he will refuse it as well. Riyad prefers to bat between 5-8 and thats fine with me. Its not like there is some Dhoni or Mathews waiting to replace him in the lower order. Our entire batting line up is inconsistent. Face it! Promoting a no.7 batsman to no. 4 wont help. Its not doing much favors to Nasir right now anyways
You didn't read the posts...did you?

You come with a hypothetical example...Question is where does his game suit and what the team needs him to do.... You have to listen to the players but it's nt necessary that you have to always keep his preference.... First preference is the need of the team... Onurodher Ashor doesn't make a good team... You can think of the professional team you are part of.... You keep a preference, if that's nt harming the team....

Mullah is a horrible finisher, he can only bat the way he can...that's the reason he looks utterly selfish when he bats with the tail.......Bla Bla....
Old December 31, 2012, 03:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

I've been banging my head over this. He's a top order batsman. Anyone with half a brain can see that, regardless of his form. Doesn't matter what he 'likes', he should bat at #3 or #4 in both formats.
Old December 31, 2012, 03:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
I've been banging my head over this. He's a top order batsman. Anyone with half a brain can see that, regardless of his form. Doesn't matter what he 'likes', he should bat at #3 or #4 in both formats.
Look at Isam's comment at the 31.1 ball for BD innings:
"Cricinfo's Isam has this for me: ""It is entirely up to the management where each batsman bats in the Bangladesh team. They want one solid bat to be down the order to give the score respectability whenever they run into trouble. A tradition that started with Khaled Mashud""

http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...iew=commentary
Old December 31, 2012, 11:49 PM
Cricket Legend

LOL who said Riyad wont open the batting?

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ausvbdes...ch/361921.html
Old January 1, 2013, 12:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsayeed
Look at Isam's comment at the 31.1 ball for BD innings:
"Cricinfo's Isam has this for me: ""It is entirely up to the management where each batsman bats in the Bangladesh team. They want one solid bat to be down the order to give the score respectability whenever they run into trouble. A tradition that started with Khaled Mashud""

http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...iew=commentary
Yeah and they should stop doing that - they're well past that stage. Nasir should be the one who should bat there, he loves batting under pressure down the order.
Old January 9, 2013, 12:03 AM
Cricket Sage

Why Why Why....?

Because ... because .... because ...
Old January 24, 2013, 01:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Riyad is the only batsman in top 20 who have a strike rate below 100.
Old January 24, 2013, 11:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Odi

Tamim
Anamul
Shakib
Mullah- Should be the perfect spot
Mushy
Nasir
Mominul
Gazi
Mash