facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old July 17, 2014, 02:50 AM
Street Cricketer

Default Installing to operating system

I have recently installed windows 8 on my Samsung laptop. I am new in windows 8 and having some problem. So I want to install windows xp on my laptop in addition to windows 8. Is it possible to install 2 operating system parallel in one laptop?

Old July 17, 2014, 07:43 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

You can partition the drive and install XP (complicated, unless you have experience with partitioning).

Easy option for running XP inside Win8 would be to use a Virtual Machine. You can use Virtual PC (from MS) or VirtualBox (Oracle). Both are free. Most modern CPUs support visualization, so you can get pretty good performance even with low end PC.

Better yet, just get use to Win8 UI. Once you are accustomed you will forget XP. Start hitting that Windows Key
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old July 19, 2014, 02:17 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasif
You can partition the drive and install XP (complicated, unless you have experience with partitioning).

Easy option for running XP inside Win8 would be to use a Virtual Machine. You can use Virtual PC (from MS) or VirtualBox (Oracle). Both are free. Most modern CPUs support visualization, so you can get pretty good performance even with low end PC.

Better yet, just get use to Win8 UI. Once you are accustomed you will forget XP. Start hitting that Windows Key
Thank you Nasif Vai.
Old July 20, 2014, 12:18 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

the best way is not taking up the hassle of partitioning and re-installing OS. best way is to get accustomed with the Windows 8 or 8.1