facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 31, 2005, 02:25 PM
Bangla amar Maa
Unregistered

Default Media pressure too much, says beleagured Bashar

Watch Bashar here ....... he looks like noone is with him ........ Can someone help him please .......
I just didn't get that : "We wanted to do something special at Lords so , we can be remembered for a while to the people"
Comments like this , what's that supposed to mean ?

Link

Edited on, May 31, 2005, 7:35 PM GMT, by Bangla amar Maa.
Old May 31, 2005, 04:36 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
"We wanted to do something special at Lords so , we can be remembered for a while to the people"
Unfortunately, we did.
Old May 31, 2005, 05:47 PM
ODI Cricketer

How can Bashar talks about shot selection of his team mates when he himself threw awayed his wicket:Just Rubbish and nonsense talking.I remember his dismissals in the both Innings Of Dhaka test.
Ist Innings:- Zaheer Khan to Bashar(OUT).Goes for pull, miss hits it to mid on.Ganguly takes it easily.

"2nd Innings:- Agarkar to Bashar(OUT) Short ball,drags it from outside off stump and pulls it to long leg,Zaheer runs in from the ropes and take a well judge catch to send Bashar back.
Old May 31, 2005, 05:59 PM
Cricket Legend

First it was the cold, now the media pressure. What do you think the next excuse Bashar will make? I guess it will be "Atherton, Boycott, and Benaud, along with all the watchers cursing us."
Old May 31, 2005, 06:09 PM
Test Cricketer

Ami kintu pull shot bhalo kheli, kintu england-er thanda ar british media'r chaap-e kon ball-e pull korbo sheita olot palot koira felsi.
Old May 31, 2005, 07:08 PM
Banned

lol
Old May 31, 2005, 07:33 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿

Bashar should really sit down with a shrink and find out what's bugging him so much. If he can contain his childish urges, Golla or Nafees will have some support at the top and will be able to take off some of the pressure of the little kids who follow Bashar. Pilot, Rahim played under the same condition as Bashar, didn't see any of them just give up their wicket and cry about the pressure.

Rahim's 16 for god's sake, if anyone talks about pressure, it should be Rahim and the other teenaged or early twenty something players we have shipped out to face the seasoned professionals from England.

Pilot atleast tried to bring some dignity to our score. This man kept wicket for 3/4 sessions and came back to score 40+ in the second innings. This is what Bashar did:

10.1 Hoggard to Habibul Bashar, OUT: short delivery wide outside the off stump, Habibul Bashar goes for the pull and ends up with a top edge, ball lobs up behind the stumps, Jones makes no mistake

Bangladesh 34/2, Partnership of 3
Habibul Bashar c GO Jones b Hoggard 3 (3b 0x4 0x6)

ugly shot to say the least, Bashar was in no position to go for the pull, this could very well make it to the masterpiece section of modern art!

--------
10.1 SP Jones to Habibul Bashar, OUT: falls straight into the trap! short ball and Bashar goes after it, ends up hitting it high up towards the midwicket region, Hoggard runs in from the deep and take a good catch to end the innings, Bangladesh two down

Bangladesh 47/2, Partnership of 32
Habibul Bashar c Hoggard b SP Jones 16 (17b 2x4 0x6)
Javed Omar 23* (37b 3x4) SP Jones 0.1-0-0-1

once again Bashar was in no position to play the pull shot, Jones strikes first ball!

============

First innings, 34 runs off the first 10 over. The pressure must have been immense on him to score from that ball.

Second innings, 47 RUNS after 10 overs. 47 runs, the Aussies would have figured it for a great start and Bashar was under pressure ? If it was a ODI, we could have scored 235 runs at that rate.

For once, he needs to take responsibility for his actions and lead the team from the front. We know he can do it, he has 2000+ test runs, what's stopping him from building on it ?
Old May 31, 2005, 07:37 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿

Btw, does he not see that he has become a laughing stock for every test nation in the world ? Anyone playing against him knows exactlly how to get him out and he needs to get that thru his thick head. He is going to be 33 in about 2 months. He needs to start acting his age.
Old May 31, 2005, 07:58 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by tehsin
Btw, does he not see that he has become a laughing stock for every test nation in the world ? Anyone playing against him knows exactlly how to get him out and he needs to get that thru his thick head. He is going to be 33 in about 2 months. He needs to start acting his age.
33?? is that his real age?? I doubt it...
Old May 31, 2005, 09:06 PM
Banned

Chicken..Bashar does not qualify for being a captain in England...How many times he discussed his bad selection of shots...If he understands that, then why he does not learn from it....Why does he make the same mistakes over and over again?

Answer: This guy is a born-idiot...chicken.

Edited on, June 1, 2005, 2:19 AM GMT, by m35helal.

Edited on, June 1, 2005, 2:20 AM GMT, by m35helal.
Old May 31, 2005, 09:55 PM
Test Cricketer

y is their so many bashar basher. you guys are forgetting that he is the most winningest captain we ever had. and who can do better then him in the captains spot? i dont think rafique is captain material because he has bad temper. plus he cannot speak english so i dont think bcb will make him the captain. pilot was given chance but he failed. rajin had terriable experience as a captain. khaled mahmud would be great but he cant play test cricket. so who else? the rest of the guys are too young. i think nafis can be future captain but not now maybe 3/4 years later. just because he does bad in one match doesnt mean we all have to bash him for that.the team moral is down at the moment. i know they can bounce back up in the second test and bashar will play better.
Old May 31, 2005, 10:02 PM
Cricket Guru

A captain is someone who guides the team ...Bashar's talent is not questionable...His batting and irresponsiblity sometimes put the whole team down...there is no doubt he is one of the best bd batsmen, but the way he sacrifices by playing those shots, has no explanation at all . Instead of guiding the team in a safe position from collapse sometimes he puts the team in deep trouble. if he gets out most of the players in the team loose 50% of their confidence and strength right away!
Old May 31, 2005, 10:55 PM
ODI Cricketer

Bashar will break Lara's 400 in the next test...
Dont worry guys...:P
Old May 31, 2005, 11:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Bangla amar Maa
Watch Bashar here
Edited on, May 31, 2005, 7:35 PM GMT, by Bangla amar Maa.
this is an old picture by the way. because currently he has a small scur in his forehead.
Old May 31, 2005, 11:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by little_master
bhai apni to dekhi akhon bangla amar maa ar thekeo beshi unrealistic hoye jachhen.
ashole amar mone hoi next time theke proti pull ar jonno whatmore ar uchit bashar ke akbar kore bet diye pitano pura doler shamne. taholeo jodi or kichu shikkha hoi.
Old May 31, 2005, 11:21 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by tehsin
eta ki bollen tehsin bhai? uni to pull shot khub bhalo khalen.
Old May 31, 2005, 11:22 PM
Cricket Legend

humm aktu beshi matray bhalo khelen. jodi tini 100 ta pull shot khelen tahole 95 bar tini out hon ar 5 bar sheta karjokor hoi.
Old May 31, 2005, 11:25 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by shaoun
y is their so many bashar basher. you guys are forgetting that he is the most winningest captain we ever had. and who can do better then him in the captains spot? i dont think rafique is captain material because he has bad temper. plus he cannot speak english so i dont think bcb will make him the captain. pilot was given chance but he failed. rajin had terriable experience as a captain. khaled mahmud would be great but he cant play test cricket. so who else? the rest of the guys are too young. i think nafis can be future captain but not now maybe 3/4 years later. just because he does bad in one match doesnt mean we all have to bash him for that.the team moral is down at the moment. i know they can bounce back up in the second test and bashar will play better.
nobody's a born bashar basher. we just want to see him lead the team from the front. if he can lead the team responsibly, we will back him as the best captain. we're criticising him just to see him play good. we want to see the captain in him. BTW i believe his success didn't come because of his captaincy but because of some outstanding individual performance and team work. i always doubted his abilities to use bowlers and fielders wisely. but don't get me wrong. i love him. i want him to do well. so well that we don't ever criticise him.
Old May 31, 2005, 11:27 PM
Cricket Legend

jaihok,
howzatt bhai,
apnar ai kothati, "BTW i believe his success didn't come because of his captaincy but because of some outstanding individual performance and team work. i always doubted his abilities to use bowlers and fielders wisely." ar shathe kintu ami puropuri akmot. dhannabad.
Old June 1, 2005, 12:19 AM

I 100% agree with tehsin here.
Old June 1, 2005, 01:01 AM

Quote:
y is their so many bashar basher. you guys are forgetting that he is the most winningest captain we ever had. and who can do better then him in the captains spot?
So what??? Does it proves him a better batsman or captain somehow?? His leadership and his responsibilities are in question here. Nobody is talking about his test avg. or winning avg. as a captain here. How come he says "I was out playing bad shots in both innings which I shouldn't have done", when he always get out by doing that? He is a total looser if he count his wicket lose by playing a bad pull and hook shot. Every time BD struggle to score some runs when he go down cheaply, it so obvious to everybody, how come he never realize?? I am sure he will forget whatever he said this time, just after this series. He is kind of guy who don't even know what is the problem is, and don't know what he is talking about.
Old June 1, 2005, 01:07 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Quote:
Originally posted by little_master
mate...i didnt know u guyz have such a good quality of we*d in tokyo...thats great...we'll its japan...its must be some high-tech new-age outta-this-world quality....

btw...even after sayin that...

my prediction is that he's gonna play a 150+ innings in the second test...take my word for it...

u know the funniest part...

out of the whole tour..we r gonna play ONE really good match...it could be either in test or odi...doesnt matter...

and thats gonna be good enough for us to save our skin for at least the next few months...it would give ICC the platform to shut every one else about our test status...

and thinking once again about that test status topic...

we and zimbos are providing with some excitement in this world of cricket...so much debate about us...at least something is goin on...something to write about...

think of it guys..if there was no BD or Zim in the test arena...it would be business as usual in the criketing world...and rarely ICC would make the headlines for any matter...other than some silly stuff like moving their HQ from X to Y... !!!

they need us to survive !!!
Old June 1, 2005, 01:15 AM
Cricket Legend

this is called the ecosystem. u cannot just have dolphins. u also need the squids there. or else the dolphins would have been gone too.
Old June 1, 2005, 01:26 AM
Bangla amar Maa
Unregistered

What's the point to hit the short ball just leave it alone then hope for 4 bye runs ............
Old June 1, 2005, 02:21 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Don't want to jinx anyone

Quote:
Originally posted by Bat&PadTogether
How can Bashar talks about shot selection of his team mates when he himself threw awayed his wicket:Just Rubbish and nonsense talking.I remember his dismissals in the both Innings Of Dhaka test.
Ist Innings:- Zaheer Khan to Bashar(OUT).Goes for pull, miss hits it to mid on.Ganguly takes it easily.

"2nd Innings:- Agarkar to Bashar(OUT) Short ball,drags it from outside off stump and pulls it to long leg,Zaheer runs in from the ropes and take a well judge catch to send Bashar back.
U d***h***, hea also said that he was disappointed with his own batting. As captain and spokeman for the team, he must also speak on behalf of his team, you duma**.