facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #251  
Old June 27, 2009, 10:37 PM
Rifat's Avatar
Rifat Rifat is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 30, 2007
Location: Connecticut
Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi
Posts: 15,459

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopal Bhar
you are using circular logic. "Bible-is-true-because-it-says-it-is-true." type of logic.
the quran it self is true not only because it claims to be true by itself but also because it withstood 1500 years of criticism and still remain unchanged and yet mankind has failed to produce yet another book like it. besides, it was revealed to a type fo man who was the humblest of all in the history of mankind, who had no access to literature or other forms of education to self proclaim sophisticated truths...nor did he hearsay...
Reply With Quote

  #252  
Old June 27, 2009, 11:55 PM
Ashraf-FTP's Avatar
Ashraf-FTP Ashraf-FTP is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 3, 2009
Location: Bangladesh in Jupiter
Favorite Player: Mash, Alok, Ash, Sakib
Posts: 3,515

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Shabbash Ashraf...there's a movement to bring 2018 to Canada - you better be on the host squad!

http://www.2018canada.com/
by 2018 i will be 22.. i have a chance right??
__________________
FTP Bangladesh offsite
Reply With Quote
  #253  
Old June 27, 2009, 11:57 PM
Ashraf-FTP's Avatar
Ashraf-FTP Ashraf-FTP is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 3, 2009
Location: Bangladesh in Jupiter
Favorite Player: Mash, Alok, Ash, Sakib
Posts: 3,515

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopal Bhar
arekjn abar taal dei....

polapain porashuna na korle dewa uchit Daabrani...ta na!
amnitey onek daabrani pai, ar dorkar nai, tal dile den, na dile nai!!
__________________
FTP Bangladesh offsite
Reply With Quote
  #254  
Old June 28, 2009, 12:45 AM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Location: Ω
Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma
Posts: 34,438

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
the quran it self is true not only because it claims to be true by itself but also because it withstood 1500 years of criticism and still remain unchanged and yet mankind has failed to produce yet another book like it. besides, it was revealed to a type fo man who was the humblest of all in the history of mankind, who had no access to literature or other forms of education to self proclaim sophisticated truths...nor did he hearsay...
It's very easy to counter these arguments.

Let x=mankind has failed to produce yet another book like it
Let y=it withstood 1500 years of criticism and still remain unchanged
Let z=it claims to be true by itself
Let p=it must be from divine intervention

Now you are saying:

p is True because because of x AND y AND z
I already alluded to fallacy of circular logic in my previous post, hence by that definition only p is false.

Now, let q=Euclid's Elements or Plato's Republic or Bible.
Prove q==p.
Since it fulfills x and y, q must be true because of p. But, we know that q is NOT True because they were written by mankind. So by law of contradiction, we have proved that q is False.

Hence, the fallacy of your arguments.
__________________
God
Reply With Quote
  #255  
Old June 28, 2009, 12:57 AM
Imteaz's Avatar
Imteaz Imteaz is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 5, 2006
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn
Posts: 2,481

Cholo School e Jai.......
__________________
Cricket is the Passion
Reply With Quote
  #256  
Old June 28, 2009, 01:00 AM
Nadim's Avatar
Nadim Nadim is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: September 16, 2008
Location: Guantanamo
Favorite Player: Innocent Bird
Posts: 48,703

Won a fight(boxing) few days back with a 10 years old white kid
__________________
হোঁচট খেয়েছি অনেকবার, তবুও হার মানিনি। বাঁধা এসেছে বারবার, তবুও থেমে থাকিনি। বাঘেরা জানে কিভাবে ঘুরে দাঁড়াতে হয়। আপনারা আমাদের সাথেই থাকুন... ইনশাল্লাহ আল্লাহ ও আমাদের সহায় হবেন। চলো বাংলাদেশ!
Reply With Quote
  #257  
Old June 28, 2009, 01:03 AM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Location: Ω
Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma
Posts: 34,438

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
Won a fight(boxing) few days back with a 10 years old white kid
midget?
__________________
God
Reply With Quote
  #258  
Old June 28, 2009, 01:18 AM
Rifat's Avatar
Rifat Rifat is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 30, 2007
Location: Connecticut
Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi
Posts: 15,459

Gopal Bhar,

the quran is not only true because of in itself but also because nature confirms what claims it has, therefore it is not circular logic, it is induction. and since your built your proof on the whole asusmption of p, the rest of the argument falls...

your proof fails when p is proven true...

you are arguing against something beyond your ability, it is not my intellect or my claims you are fighting agaisnt, it is Allah however, Allah says in the quran:

"give respite to the disbelievers, deal with them gently for a while" surah at-tariq, last ayah!

* Mohammad(saw) took a civilization from the gutters into glory while he himself didn't take credit

* Mohammad(saw) was the anti-thesis of self-centeredness(unlike some people who promote themselves in this forum..., myself at times as well...)

* he himself was only a merchant inspired by Allah

*how on earth 317 men defeat 3000 men in the battle of badr( ineffective weapons vs. powerful weapons)...divinely inspired? do not underestimate will of Allah, it encompasses all things!? well, if that first battle was lost, then Islam would cease to exist.
Reply With Quote
  #259  
Old June 28, 2009, 02:21 AM
layperson's Avatar
layperson layperson is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 7, 2006
Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib
Posts: 2,583

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
Won a fight(boxing) few days back with a 10 years old white kid

How old are you again ?
__________________
Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while that you shouldnt have messed with? Thats me.
Join http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...php?groupid=16
Reply With Quote
  #260  
Old June 28, 2009, 04:43 AM
BD-Shardul BD-Shardul is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: October 16, 2006
Location: Doha, Qatar
Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim
Posts: 7,046

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopal Bhar
that's a very subjective statement. Krishna or anyone can claim that their points of view are the "true roots." Creator, First Cause, Consciousness, Light, Allah- whatever maybe your semantic cup of tea, each of us comes from different lineages although from the same radix. And humanity loves to move in it's own natural course. The more you try to interfere to "remind" it it's history, the more disarray the natural order of our lives become.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopal Bhar
you are using circular logic. "Bible-is-true-because-it-says-it-is-true." type of logic.

My Dear GB Bhai:

I agree with Rifat. You couldn't prove that P is false.

One of the core requirements of Imaan is to believe in 'unseen' and to believe in something that is beyond the technological/observational grasp. There are many things that you just have to accept without question if you want to enter Islam. Like the existence of afterlife, hell and paradise, angels, etc. This belief in the unseen and refrain from bad things are the prime trials for the human beings. Allah sometimes take pride on His slaves and says to Angels, "Look, my servants could't see me, they couldn't experience the afterlife while they are in duniya, yet they believe everything of deen and remain true on it".

Now whether you accept to believe those matters unquestionably is a different thing.

Islam says that just make sure that the massage reach to people. You do not have to convice them. It is thier duty what they do after they get the massage. Yet people like Rifat do the job of convinicing people about the truthfulness of Islam because they want to save people from being the dwellers of fire.

Unfortunately I have not much knowledge of logic. So, my reply sounds random.

Last edited by BD-Shardul; June 28, 2009 at 04:51 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #261  
Old June 28, 2009, 02:38 PM
auntu's Avatar
auntu auntu is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 7, 2007
Location: elsewhere
Favorite Player: ZAR
Posts: 9,894

Rifat and Shardul better not to discuss the true sense of Islam or the right path of Islam. Because your post might be deleted and when you point about the that act that post will also be deleted. This forum is rated as G, means u can't go deep.

But I would love to discuss with you (Rifat). PM me for my FB account.
__________________
﴾اَلَاۤ اِنَّ اَوۡلِيَآءَ اللّٰهِ لَا خَوۡفٌ عَلَيۡهِمۡ وَلَا هُمۡ يَحۡزَنُوۡنَ ۖ ۚ‏ ﴿۶۲
"Listen, the friends of Allah shall have no fear, nor shall they grieve" (Yunus: 62)
Reply With Quote
  #262  
Old June 28, 2009, 03:33 PM
Akib's Avatar
Akib Akib is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 27, 2005
Location: Toronto, Canada
Favorite Player: Graeme Smith
Posts: 5,856

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntu
Rifat and Shardul better not to discuss the true sense of Islam or the right path of Islam. Because your post might be deleted and when you point about the that act that post will also be deleted. This forum is rated as G, means u can't go deep.

But I would love to discuss with you (Rifat). PM me for my FB account.
Plus its also completely off topic.
Reply With Quote
  #263  
Old June 28, 2009, 10:27 PM
Novo Novo is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: September 18, 2007
Location: Canada,toronto
Favorite Player: Mash and Sakib
Posts: 146

Mines was winning an award in my school for both honesty and responsibility .
Reply With Quote
  #264  
Old June 28, 2009, 10:46 PM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Location: Ω
Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma
Posts: 34,438

Congrats Novomoni! Proud of you....that's much better than all these geekazoids are trumpeting as achievements.

Keep it up.
__________________
God
Reply With Quote
  #265  
Old June 29, 2009, 12:32 AM
Antora's Avatar
Antora Antora is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 28, 2007
Location: melbourne, Australia
Posts: 8,909

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novo
Mines was winning an award in my school for both honesty and responsibility .
Well done
Reply With Quote
  #266  
Old June 29, 2009, 09:25 PM
One World One World is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: May 18, 2005
Location: New England
Favorite Player: Mominul Haque
Posts: 24,271

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD-Shardul
One World bhai:

I have been been a geek (or whatever you say) since high school life, so now a days I do not rate very highly getting A or GPA 4 as an achievement. Something that I will call achievement:

01. If I can write a post like the one you have just written above.

My socializing skill is very poor. Wherever I go, I just can't get integrated. If I sit with someone for launch, I can't find something to talk about. I just feel that I am ignored. This has led to develop a character in me that acts tough most of the time, likes reclusive environment, and has low sense of humor and does understand jokes.
Shardul Bro
That was pampering but see this post is nothing to some of the Alphabet soups and some discussions that you contained around this forum for last couple years.
About socializing you asked another introvert. Don't read Del Carnegie, I think there is an old Bengali book by Biddyut Mitra called "Jonopriyota" which helped me a lot to upgrade my low self-esteem at my college years.
__________________
元気
Reply With Quote
  #267  
Old June 30, 2009, 09:45 PM
Novo Novo is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: September 18, 2007
Location: Canada,toronto
Favorite Player: Mash and Sakib
Posts: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopal Bhar
Congrats Novomoni! Proud of you....that's much better than all these geekazoids are trumpeting as achievements.

Keep it up.
Thnx . BTW wat does geekazoids mean?
Reply With Quote
  #268  
Old June 30, 2009, 09:46 PM
Novo Novo is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: September 18, 2007
Location: Canada,toronto
Favorite Player: Mash and Sakib
Posts: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by antora93
Well done
Thank u antora apu .
Reply With Quote
  #269  
Old June 30, 2009, 11:55 PM
Ajfar's Avatar
Ajfar Ajfar is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 27, 2006
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 17,882

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novo
Mines was winning an award in my school for both honesty and responsibility .
only if ashraful had those 2 quality. on another note i finally started working out. i need to put on a few pounds, so i can join GB's fatso club
__________________
"I was the happiest man in the world, happier than Bill Gates"- Tamim Iqbal
Reply With Quote
  #270  
Old July 1, 2009, 12:19 AM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Location: Ω
Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma
Posts: 34,438

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novo
Thnx . BTW wat does geekazoids mean?
Dhrubo:

__________________
God
Reply With Quote
  #271  
Old July 1, 2009, 12:25 AM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Location: Ω
Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma
Posts: 34,438

Nafis:

__________________
God
Reply With Quote
  #272  
Old July 1, 2009, 12:27 AM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Location: Ω
Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma
Posts: 34,438

And no geek list would be complete without PhD certified, relationship expert, Shaad vai:

__________________
God
Reply With Quote
  #273  
Old July 1, 2009, 02:37 PM
Nafis_BD's Avatar
Nafis_BD Nafis_BD is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 2, 2006
Location: Scarborough, Ontario (Canada)
Favorite Player: BD Team Players
Posts: 3,446

Gopal bhaiya.. why do I have soo much dandruff? Last time I checked I had none!
__________________
Cricket couldn't be changed without changing it's character, and to us, who hold the game dear to our heart, character is everything -Modified by Nafis
Reply With Quote
  #274  
Old July 1, 2009, 02:43 PM
Dhruvo Dhruvo is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: July 9, 2007
Posts: 4,516

No I do not carry a calculator with me, nor do I wear that kind of spectacles.
Reply With Quote
  #275  
Old July 1, 2009, 02:44 PM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Location: Ω
Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma
Posts: 34,438

Oh schnaaps! Nerds are teaming up against me!
__________________
God
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:35 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket