facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 10, 2009, 12:30 AM
Banned

see man these guys havent played international cricket in loooooooooooooooooooooong time and if they played it was few time srilankans, kenya and Bd . It will take time to fire all their cylinders....Good luck botht he teams

Old August 10, 2009, 12:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

Wish Zimbabwe cricket very best of luck. Waiting to have good series.
Old August 10, 2009, 01:45 AM

Nice read Zimfan, I didnt watch Zim batting last game hence cant comment. But their bowling and fielding seemed rusty at moments, and certainly will improve in coming games along with batting. This series will be a test for both side, and I hope BD to dominate since they are high in confidence, determination.

I hope Zim will rise their game playing back to back series with Bangladesh.
Old August 10, 2009, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaad
Excellent article, zimfan. How do you feel about Prosper Utseya as the skipper?
হারু-পাট্টির নেতা...
Ash and Basher could share...
Old August 10, 2009, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimfan
Make or break series for Zimbabwe

Key battles

Tamin Iqbal V Ed Rainsford The strike bowler against the explosive batsman will set up the tone of the series as Tamin is seen by many to be the key to the Bangladesh line up as if he gets of to flyer then Zimbabwe may be forced to chase the game. Rainsford with his pace and swing will look to bring the ball back into Tamin early on but Rainsford does have a history of going for runs early on so this will be a battle to watch out for.

Shakib Al Hasan V Elton Chigumbura The battle of the two of the leading up and coming all rounders in the world game. Both players are just in there early twenties and would be able to get into their sides as either a batsman or a bowler. Who ever comes out on top in this battle will put their team in pole position for a series win.
Ha Ha... no Ash on the watch / battle list?
Old August 10, 2009, 02:18 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib al Hasan

I also want Zimbabwe to do well but we also need to move forward and make sure we take the series 5-0
Old August 10, 2009, 03:12 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sean Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaad
Excellent article, zimfan. How do you feel about Prosper Utseya as the skipper?
Most people are against him being captain as there has been questions about his place in the side and his decision making is questionable.

But i would stick with him as he is bound to get better as he has been doing to job for a while now
Old August 10, 2009, 03:12 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sean Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Ha Ha... no Ash on the watch / battle list?
Think i need to add a Ash V Price part
Old August 10, 2009, 03:43 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimfan
Most people are against him being captain as there has been questions about his place in the side and his decision making is questionable.

But i would stick with him as he is bound to get better as he has been doing to job for a while now
I'm not impressed by him at all. He remains a "political" appointment in my book and is nowhere near the cricketing intelligence, imagination, and class of Taibu, Masakadza, Williams and possibly others. Anyway, I hope you're right about his potential ...

BTW, I'm sure Zimbabwe will find the right combination of players before this series is over and play the sort of competitive cricket they're easily capable of playing.

Loved the article but no need to put that kind of pressure on yourselves at this moment. You guys are just beginning to stabilize things down there ...
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old August 10, 2009, 04:41 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

zimbabwe were highly rust, hadn't played in forever.

if we can continue to win by wide margins against a team including rainsford, mupariwa, and perhaps taibu as well, it will be a big achievement.

at any rate, beating any side as we did is a fair achievement, especially considering the boys are probably still jet-lagged, and the thrashing we got in the lone tour match.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old August 10, 2009, 05:02 AM
ODI Cricketer

Zim fan, good preview. One observation Shakib is no more up and coming allrounder. He is the number one allrounder in ODI.
Waiting for the see the battle between Tamim and Rainsfod.
Old August 10, 2009, 09:43 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

If guys with mental issues can come back to the team, why can't Taibu? The way he performs on the field I can't believe he making problems inside the locker room. Now if the selectors think Taylor deserves the spot that is a different issue cause Taylor can bat as a batsman as well.

I like Utesa's fielding placement. Continuing pressure at times. His hand was tied with the pacers and his trump card (Price) got over trumped (Ash).

Rainsford, Mupariwa, Taibu, Sibanda. Some good players are still being left out from the selection. Creamer, Coventry, Taylor are better than them? May be, but chopping/changing has destabalized the team. It will be interesting to see when Rogers and Gripper comes in to the mix.