facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 12, 2016, 06:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey
Default We should stop playing BPL unless we prepare proper pitches

BPL is supposed to be a platform for income and showcasing talent. Alright I agree

However, its also the only T20 tournament played in the whole year and all I have seen is a plethora of sluggish wickets and massive boundaries for a T20 league!

T20s are played on flat wickets because they actually prepare players accordingly. On flat wickets batsman can play their slogs and their cheeky shots. Bowlers will use their slower deliveries and bouncers but most importantly their yorkers

But what do we see, bowlers get wicket with length deliveries. Batsman resorting to doing tuk tuk and run hard. This not T20, this doesn't prepare us for the format.We keep underperforming because BPL is not preparing our players accordingly.

Obviously, I won't deny that the entertainment and quality value is low because of the pitches. It also hurts the finances immensely. We have seen the crowds not coming to the stadium seeing poor scores.

Fans want to see sixes, yorkers, outstanding fielding on the boundaries, these wickets don't help our batsman in that aspect.

5-days into the tournament and we have already seen that the same pitch is used for EVERY FREAKING GAME. How about play a match in fatullah! Give the pitches a bit of rest will you? You can even use the MA Aziz. You can play some matches in Khulna

Pathetic curatos, pathetic organizing committe, pathetic batsmanship as well

Old November 12, 2016, 06:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Its a good point. Batsman need to score to regain form and confidence. It ll be a huge confidence booster for any youngster scoring against international bowlers. Perhaps one reason why India has produced so many aggressive, fearless batsmen in recent times.

The grounds have to be expanded. I now its a logistical nightmare, but only that way they get to play in different surface, and pitches also stay fresh. The amount of matches they ll play, all the wickets in Dhaka and Chittagong will be like 5th day pitches.
Old November 12, 2016, 06:56 AM
Cricket Legend

BCB is like that cheap girl who will sleep with every random guy in the university.

BCB should have tried to spread the game, even to fatullah if necessary. That would improve the crowds in Mirpur eventually, and Fatullah would get full houses, and the pitch would be given a well earned rest.
Old November 12, 2016, 07:16 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Our players cant hit... Even if it was a highway, the scores wouldve been like 20-25 more at least. Most of the wickets I have seen in this BPL were thrown away by the batsmen. On the other hand, I have seen batsmen like Mehedi, Mosaddek, Shahriar, Mushy, Shahzad all looking very comfortable. Watch their highlights and u will think they played in a different ground. Samit Patil just yesterday batted really well.

No point blaming the pitch. We have a better bowling side and thats reflecting in the BPL. Nothing new. If u want high scores, gotta bring in some high class T20 international batsmen. These int players cant even make their own national XI... what u expect

Last edited by Rinathq; November 12, 2016 at 08:00 AM..
Old November 12, 2016, 07:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Dwayne Smith, Malik, Bravo, Sanga, Umar, Bopara are high quality international batsman but they too have been struggling in the BPL so far. I don't think its about the quality of our locals neither that of the internationals.

I liked yesterday's wicket. It had pace, it had bounce. We saw some good batting performance from Bulls and Rajshahi.

Today's wicket was sluggish

BTW, just saw how short the boundaries were today. De Silva and Nabi hit sixes each which would have not been six normally.