facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 22, 2019, 06:21 AM
Club Cricketer

Default What Ambrose thinks of our wins against WI

https://sportscafe.in/articles/crick...curtly-ambrose

Curtly Ambrose believes that the Windies certainly have the ability to go far in the tournament, but they need to be more consistent. Although Ambrose admitted that Bangladesh is a potent team to beat them, he was surprised in Windies’ regular loss to the Asian nation in ODI cricket.

Windies were rolled by Bangladesh in the final after Mosaddek Hossain's blinder, which was the perfect follow-up to the start provided by Soumya Sarkar in the tri-series final in Ireland. For all the progress by Bangladesh in recent years, the result was surprising considering Windies’ recent form. Most importantly, they lost to Bangladesh thrice in the competition - twice in the round-robin phase and then in the final on Friday - and that surprised Ambrose.

“I’m a little bit surprised. Bangladesh are a decent team, so I wouldn’t want to say that the West Indies should just walk all over them. That’s not the case,” Ambrose was quoted as saying by the Jamaica-based newspaper The Gleaner.

“But I still don’t believe they should have beaten us so many times now, so that has come as a bit of a surprise.

However, Ambrose believes that the team has enough fire-power in their ranks to go all the way in the World Cup, but they need to be more consistent in their approach and if they can do that, the team will be a force to be reckoned with.

“I’m just hoping we can do a lot better come the end of this month and our first World Cup game because I feel we have a strong enough team to go far in this tournament (World Cup), but we have to be consistent. That will be the key. If we’re not consistent, we won’t go far.”

“My concern is that we are not consistent. If we remain consistent in this World Cup, we’re going to create some surprises and do much better than most people think.”

Old May 22, 2019, 06:30 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

He has a point. He also represents the golden age of West Indies. It is difficult for him to accept the slide in fortune for WI cricket.
Old May 22, 2019, 07:03 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Given West Indies current state, its not really a surprise West Indies lost. I feel based on Ambrose's comments, he doesnt really follow West Indies cricket or Bangladesh cricket for that matter of fact.

Enjoying too much of the Caribbean weather and rum punch probably
Old May 22, 2019, 07:25 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Test cricket>ODI>>>T20

Ambrose, ease meh breddah
Old May 22, 2019, 07:48 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

WI barely qualified for the WC. It was them and Zim fighting it out at one point. We also drew the ODI series and won the T20 series in Caribbean only few months ago.

So nothing surprising there.
Old May 22, 2019, 07:52 AM
Cricket Guru

^ Actually we won the ODI and T20 series there
Old May 22, 2019, 08:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Ambrose probably still has the old Bangladesh team of 90s and 2000s in mind when seeing the results , but times change teams change. A team that played in semis of Champions Trophy should be beating a team that did not even win the world cup Qualifiers to qualify for world cup regularly, nothing should be surprising there