facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 4, 2011, 10:15 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: The Champion

I dunno...but its the sri lankan people themselves........and we all know they are the most respectable fans.....but the question is: even their fans have found it suspicious.....the 'intent' just seemed to disappear...and never have i seen so many reactions, and even from some indians that this match looked suspicious......i hope this is all bs..and still not willing to give into these shits

Old April 4, 2011, 10:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

most of the comments there are nonsense. as for sanga he was probably having remorse for cheating during the toss.
lankan fans are no different from the rest of the sub-continent fans. the difference bit is a myth.

people always bring up eden 1996 forgetting that the anger was directed against azhar who was righfully suspected of match fixing. the same Indian public gave a heroes' welcome to the 2003 WC team that was defeated in the finals. no one accused them of match fixing even though they were thrashed in the finals.
Old April 4, 2011, 12:09 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

As myself again. India was the top fav before the cup begin, they beat everyone except NZ to win the cup. Their fielding was exceptional, their body language was mostly positive, they we're CALM despite the unimaginable pressure. SL had a brain fart. (S
orry) after they got SAchin out. It was unbelievably poor fielding and that was prolly that.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old April 4, 2011, 12:22 PM
Cricket Legend

except SA you mean. the fielding was revelation in KO stages, almost makes it look like they were intentionally low key in the earlier stages. in the finals it was the fielding that made the difference between the two teams IMO.
Old April 4, 2011, 12:42 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

India's bowling have been a minor headache for them against major teams. However, if they keep up this fielding, it'll take off pressure on the bowlers and force opposing batsmen to make mistakes. They have gotten better in the QF and onwards. I can't recall their fielding ever being as good as that day. At the same time, SL fielding was worse then village cricket standards. That cost them the game.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old April 4, 2011, 01:09 PM
Cricket Legend

if you look for conspiracies, the pak-india match fits the bill much better. remember the number of dropped catches and then the innings of misbah, waited and waited till the match got out of hand !

i think this will be in the mind of the indians that they needed a bit of help from their worst enemies to win this cup after all

after all the match fixing surrounding cricket even recently, its hard to shove them away. remember hansie cronje and him getting killed in a plane crash??
Old April 4, 2011, 02:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace of BD
Guys dont misunderstand me....i am just talking abt that two instances, maybe scripted wasnt the right thing to say, but were Sanga and co. forced into playing like that....they just dint look like lankan lions out there
Can you cite an example where your supported team won and you believe the other team was 'forced to play in a way to lose'?
Old April 4, 2011, 02:50 PM
Cricket Legend

A few matches were definitely fixed.

1. India - Bangladesh: I think the way Tamim batted despite BD needing 350+ runs - something looked fishy. Also, Shafiul had clearly fallen into the hands of the bookies the way he bolwed.

2. England - Ireland: One site had the odds of Ireland winning at 400-1. With that kind of odds, there is enough at stake to buy the whole english team 10 times over.

3. England - India: Clearly, the Indian bowlers had worked with the bookies to let the match slip out towards the end after Strauss had worked out his fee with the bookies to ensure an English win.

4. Pakistan - Windies: Sarwan and Chanders were definitely paid big by the bookies to refuse to play any shot.

5. India - South Africa: Dhone was paid by the bookies to let a toothless Nehra bowl the final over when even Sachin would've defended 14 runs in one over (he has actually defended 6 runs in the last over before).

6. India - Pakistan: This is fixed - every ball of it.

7. India - SL: We all know it was fixed. Countless proofs.
Old April 4, 2011, 02:56 PM
Cricket Legend

you forgot BD-eng, eng-SA, pak-NZ and NZ-SA.
Old April 4, 2011, 03:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel Here
you forgot BD-eng, eng-SA, pak-NZ and NZ-SA.
The list is long and i got tired of typing, so hurried up towrads the end. But honestly, NZ-Sri Lanka game was fixed. I mean, NZ had SL down on the mat until Southee, their most economical bowler, bowled a 5-wide and let SL win the match from there on. 5-WIDES!!!! Man, that should've fetched him atleast 5 millions.

Epic Fixation Man! Oh wait, i just figured that BD-England was an Epic Fixation too!
Old April 4, 2011, 03:46 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Please dont get me wrongg...please...indians deserved the world cup, they were the better team, but what i am going to say right now is nothing to do with them, or else people might misunderstand i am implicity not givinf credit to India...my question is regarding the final itself....i dont want to believe, but those small things keep haunting me.....if anyone saw the live telecast of the final....have u seen that missed runout chance by sanga while gambhir dived, and the misfield of malinga to allow the ball to cross the boundary rope..OI.why does it look to me that they WERE DELIBERATE....although i dont want...I mean there is no excuse....because in both the cases....sangkkara's jump was very unnatural, he's done some great stumpings and runouts, and regarding malinga's misfield, dew shouldnt be an excuse, because he dint even try to get a get a finger to it....why do i feel that this was SCRIPTED.....people might talk to me then tendulkar should have got a hundred if it was scripted, but leave all that aside...i am a cricket fan itself, and i hate to say all these things, but those two instances has been haunting me for the past two days.....and i just want all the members to express their viewpoints about those two instances itself and not derail the topic that if this was fixed, if this was that and all.....
PLZ TALK guys
you posted exactly the same questions on Indian Cricket Forum saying that you are not a Pakistani and possibly an Indian.. .. its funny..
Old April 4, 2011, 04:19 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

apparently I watched in a BD TV news that Srilankan politiciens & supporters are questioning if the match was fixed , SAnga & Malinga are suspected(not officialy),and the inclusion of new players in the final is also suspicious.
This is what I heard in the news,any1 else heard abt it?
Old April 4, 2011, 04:36 PM
Cricket Legend

if true (which I seriously doubt), this is worse than pathetic. pakistanisation of sri lankan cricket is not something I want to see.

Tom-joad has a very different flavoured thread, check it out.
Old April 4, 2011, 08:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
apparently I watched in a BD TV news that Srilankan politiciens & supporters are questioning if the match was fixed , SAnga & Malinga are suspected(not officialy),and the inclusion of new players in the final is also suspicious.
This is what I heard in the news,any1 else heard abt it?
People just think me it is, but the point is, everyone is rasing voices....regarding pakistan india game, india won fair and square.....it just dint look like fixed.
but in the final, the way sanga adn co. dropped shoulders sooooo early just doesnt seem right.....and the fact that sevral, if not all sri lankans are talking bout this, just raises some concerns....
that being said, dhoni and co, were the worthy champions. Peiod
Old April 4, 2011, 09:12 PM
Administrator

"sevral, if not all" ?

C'mon - enough of this.

Here's the true story! (For the humor impaired - FO)

Old April 4, 2011, 09:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
"sevral, if not all" ?

C'mon - enough of this.

Here's the true story! (For the humor impaired - FO)

LOL...nice onee
Old April 4, 2011, 10:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Could ...... not .... resist .....(j/k, please read after the picture)

Off topic: I have had offshore teams in several countries - India, Costa Rica, Russia so am familiar with the scene. I have used developers from Kalyan Rao's new group (he of the Satyam fame) and I think if anything India needs to cautious about East European competition more than Asian particularly because India appears to be moving out of the low skill data entry, phone support outsourcing to higher value work. In fact, I did an ROI and it started to get cheaper for me to higher in US developers than offshore developers for the kind of high-end work we did - the time to market offset any minor $ savings. Unfortunately for me, I could not opt for Bangladesh as the net infrastructure is not there yet - my work involves massive amount of data processing both locally and on the cloud.
Yes. Eastern Europe would be a headache. Especially now that they get automatic EU entry. Bangladesh scenario I am aware off. I worked there for nearly a decade. Part of the issues in BD are high cost for bandwidth, monopolies by Metronet and Aknet, Grameen's high cost of E1, BTRC and their fault in not implementing viable long term sustainable policy. Has the BTRC directive for developing the Database centres in the north been/being implemented? I knew several people who were involved in the Digital Bangladesh project who were working on the same. Thanks
Old April 4, 2011, 11:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Guys dont misunderstand me....i am just talking abt that two instances, maybe scripted wasnt the right thing to say, but were Sanga and co. forced into playing like that....they just dint look like lankan lions out there
They dropped Morgan 4 times duh !! Was that scripted too?
Old April 6, 2011, 07:56 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Both Jaya and Sanga stepped down after what most would consider a pretty solid campaign.
Old April 7, 2011, 03:51 AM
Cricket Legend

sanga had decided much earlier that he would step down after the WC, whatever be the result and informed the players as well as the selection committee. with sanga gone it would be obvious that jaya would step down from VC, to let the young guns take up the mantle, he is after all a retired captain.
Old April 30, 2011, 11:56 PM
Banned

Once again guys, once again guys......its just not possible one game has got so manyy people doubting this..infact everyoneee....except for indians....no offence...but for all past world cup finals.....nothing like this was talked about...why only for this World Cup finalll......i mean...even i am trying to accept that india won it fair and square...but then....have u guys seen the full match...malinga dived for one ball flicked down leg side......he dived alright..but his hand was nowhere near the ball to save it from boundary..it was soo obvious......!! there were many other stuffs...i dunno why people are just trying to fool themmselves....dint u find anyhting suspicious at all...and ONCE AGAIN, i am not an India haterr...plzzz.....dont drag this..its not about india or sri lanka...its just about the fact that the game dint look right to me...and like thousands worldwide, they all too agree with me....just go and check different new reports, videos, forums,, and even commom people....
Old May 1, 2011, 10:20 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim

I expected India to win. there were a couple teams in the world cup that could win against India, SA being one of them. but they choked.

Pakistan had the potential, and the opportunity, but their batsmen let it slip.

Sri Lanka, before the match, i didnt believe had too much chance to win against India. their batting was the key. their bowling hasnt been delivering much, but the biggest mistake was bringing in Randiv, over Mendis or Herath.

it was a brilliant innings from Dhoni and Gambhir, showing how a total is chased in ODI cricket, under pressure situation. India were deserved winners, and I never smelled a rat.
It is good to let Shakib off captaincy, it will relieve some pressure. He will be offered captaincy again in a few years when he will be more than ready, Bangladesh will voyage into a new horizon then
Old May 17, 2011, 02:00 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tendulkar, Klusner

Quote:
Once again guys, once again guys......its just not possible one game has got so manyy people doubting this..infact everyoneee....except for indians....no offence...but for all past world cup finals.....nothing like this was talked about...why only for this World Cup finalll......i mean...even i am trying to accept that india won it fair and square...but then....have u guys seen the full match...malinga dived for one ball flicked down leg side......he dived alright..but his hand was nowhere near the ball to save it from boundary..it was soo obvious......!! there were many other stuffs...i dunno why people are just trying to fool themmselves....dint u find anyhting suspicious at all...and ONCE AGAIN, i am not an India haterr...plzzz.....dont drag this..its not about india or sri lanka...its just about the fact that the game dint look right to me...and like thousands worldwide, they all too agree with me....just go and check different new reports, videos, forums,, and even commom people....
I guess why match fixing has come up for this WC and not before is
Before 1996 WC, this term was not heard of, then after 1996 in 1999, 03 & 07 Aus won the Cup. They had dominated for so many years and then in 2011 India won. With India winning, the Whole of Pakistan which hates them, and many here in BD and SL could not digest the fact that INDIA has won the cup as they were the better team and due to their hate and jealousy various theories came out. All the South Asians are ok with Aus or Eng winning but when it comes to a South Asian team specially India, it is the hate and jealousy that picks up. That is the reason that all these nations are backward too.

Also fixing is done by a bookie to make the less favorite team win such that he makes money. Fixing is not done where a favorite team is made to win on which most people has put their bets. It is a simple fact.

My words may seems very harsh and blunt but say absolute truth