facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 5, 2023, 09:26 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mash, Mushy
Default Match Thread - CWC Qualifiers - Scotland vs Netherlands

This game is virtually a semi final, the winner is all but guaranteed a spot for the CWC in India. So I think it warrants its own thread.

While I really feel for Windies and Zim, this is a great win for associate members and for proving ICC wrong that they aren't competitive enough against full members.

Live Scores -
https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/...-cricket-score

Who would you be backing?

Old July 5, 2023, 09:38 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

I want Scotland to win..they have more Scottish players than Netherlands have dutch players
Old July 5, 2023, 11:08 PM
Test Cricketer

I agree. Netherlands has usually attracted a lot of South African players from a Dutch background.

South Africa has some controversial quota system in place for black cricketers despite the game being much more popular amongst white people there.

This is also why a lot of South African origin players have been playing for England, Australia and New Zealand.

This is a very informative video -

https://youtu.be/r_FgHEl-kos

Old July 6, 2023, 04:39 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Once new test playing nations come in, I wonder for BD if it will become an invisible two tier table which the scums bags from Australia, England and Varhoone's cojones of a board have always wanted where BD plays mainly against the likes of them and Afghanistan mostly.

I still cant understand how Australia gets away without hosting BD for Tests (not that the result will be impressive).
Old July 6, 2023, 06:43 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
Once new test playing nations come in, I wonder for BD if it will become an invisible two tier table which the scums bags from Australia, England and Varhoone's cojones of a board have always wanted where BD plays mainly against the likes of them and Afghanistan mostly.

I still cant understand how Australia gets away without hosting BD for Tests (not that the result will be impressive).
Yeah. They are happy to host Sri Lanka, West Indies and Pakistan due to their reputation as world champions. Most casual cricket fans still think Bangladesh are minnows. Last time Australia didn't host Bangladesh because they couldn't find a sponsor for the series in 2018.

The other factor being just how much we suck in test cricket, and Aussies really love their test matches.

The Bangladesh vs Australia T20 series in Dhaka in 2021 was not picked up by any Australian sports broadcasters, first time in 30 years.
Old July 6, 2023, 06:47 AM
Test Cricketer

Unless we can win a World Cup or trash England/ India/ South Africa or New Zealand while playing away in a test series expect them to keep ignoring us.
Old July 6, 2023, 06:50 AM
Test Cricketer

On other news Netherlands are 58/0 in 10.2 overs chasing Scotland's 277. Seems like it'll be a tight match.
Old July 6, 2023, 06:56 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Go the Middle East route giving citizenship to second division cricket players. maybe from England Australia (if they want to come which is unlikely) or first division from South Africa.
Old July 6, 2023, 08:56 AM
Test Cricketer

Looks like it will be NED heading to the WC.