facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 25, 2023, 08:19 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya
Default Tamim and Shakib Rift

Quote:
It is an open secret that there is a rift between Shakib and Tamim and there is speculation that they are not on talking terms and just have a relationship for the sake of professionalism. Do you feel it can be sorted and do you feel this is a healthy dressing room?

This is not a healthy dressing room, this I can guarantee you. This thing (rift between Shakib and Tamim), it's not that I have not tried to sort it out. I have spoken with both of them and I felt that it is not easy to settle the issues (between them) at the moment. This is my observation. Both of them have been given one message - we don't know what is going on between you, but during a game or series that you are playing, these differences cannot come out. Both of them assured that it won't be there during the game.

There is grouping as well in the national team as certain players belong to certain quarters?

The biggest problem for Bangladesh cricket at the moment is this grouping and that is the reality. I don't have a problem with anything else. I am only scared about this grouping and I only came to know about it in recent times. Even in the World Cup, what I have seen and heard despite not staying in their hotel... I cannot believe how it is possible. We have to put an end to it if we want to see a good future because one thing everyone needs to understand is that there is no scope for grouping.

Even if you put an end to grouping, doesn't it look poor when two players are not in talking terms?

They (Shakib and Tamim) have to talk on the field and in the dressing room as well. The atmosphere of the dressing room was bad too but it improved a bit. From this series (upcoming home series against England) I want to change it (their relationship) in the dressing room at least. What they do outside is not a concern for me.
BCB Prez did an interview with Cricbuzz and addressed a few questions about the Coaches and Dressing Room

Link - https://m.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/...im-in-the-team

Not surprised to learn the men's team has cliques and they act like school age boys.

Old February 25, 2023, 08:42 PM
Cricket Guru

This sort of rifts between players are common among many teams, especially when it comes to Asian sides. For example - Rohit and Kohli keep their distance as well. Ego clashes between Pakistani cricketers over years have been way way worse. Some of them still slinging mud at each other years after retirements (latest example - Ramiz and Shoaib). Only a moron like Papon, who supposed to be the paternal figure for Bangladesh team, exposes dressing room dirty laundry to media.

The distance between Shakib and Tamim is nothing new, it has been there for years now. To their credit, they didn't let it get in the way while playing for Bangladesh team, kept it low profile as barely noticeable. Instead of helping the situation, our idiot board president has blown things out of proportion and created a distraction for players before a crucial home series.

The problem here is not Shakib or Tamim, but Papon. This guy is a control freak. Whenever he can't control a situation or faces criticism, he throws a tantrum in the media.

Last edited by Eshen; February 25, 2023 at 09:15 PM..
Old February 25, 2023, 10:24 PM
Cricket Guru

More I think about it - this seems like a dirty power move by Papon, to undermine both captains. Last year, Tamim was critical in the media how Mushfiq and Riyad were axed from the T20I team, right before world cup, without preparing their replacements well ahead of time. There is a good chance those two will be axed from the ODI WC squad this year as well. If Tamim tries to save either of those two, he probably will be accused of trying to keep his clique strong.

There is also fear that Mash-Shak may run for BCB top positions in 2025. If they can create the illusion that Mash-Shak represents Khulna division clique of cricketers only, it will be easier to undermine them.
Old February 26, 2023, 12:53 AM
Cricket Guru

To put things in perspective, here are some feuds within Australian cricket team, during the decades they were the best Test team worldwide: https://www.foxsports.com.au/cricket...965656ac9b9647
Old February 26, 2023, 03:00 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Papon is corona to the BD team
Old February 26, 2023, 07:50 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
More I think about it - this seems like a dirty power move by Papon, to undermine both captains. Last year, Tamim was critical in the media how Mushfiq and Riyad were axed from the T20I team, right before world cup, without preparing their replacements well ahead of time. There is a good chance those two will be axed from the ODI WC squad this year as well. If Tamim tries to save either of those two, he probably will be accused of trying to keep his clique strong.

There is also fear that Mash-Shak may run for BCB top positions in 2025. If they can create the illusion that Mash-Shak represents Khulna division clique of cricketers only, it will be easier to undermine them.
As long as PM hasina is at power no one can remove papon because of what his father did for the PM. When hasina goes papon will go as well and he knows that. I don't think he will do any dirty tricks knowing this. He is just an idiot who is blind with power
Old February 26, 2023, 08:02 AM
Cricket Guru

Tamim clears the air:
Old February 27, 2023, 02:31 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Bangladesh will always have rifts due to the large egos these bunch of tadpoles have always had.

Also to add moshla, or these days polpaines prefer calling is maasala, is cancers of cricket like the Mamus Khaled Mahmud and a bit more benign these days is that idiot Durjoy!
Old February 27, 2023, 03:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Tamim clears the air:
Very well spoken guy. Papon is playing tricks. Appointment of the Sri Lankan is a move. I don't like it. Papon is the unprofessional one here.
Old February 28, 2023, 01:30 AM
Cricket Legend

What kind of moron comes to the media and spills the beans about their own players. Not only does this put pressure on the players' shoulders, but this also makes our cricket look like a joke. Especially before an important tournament against England.

This issue was probably on going for a while, we barely noticed it cause the players kept it under the rug. They played like team mates and that's all that should matter to us fans and the rest of the team. Papon thinks he is the man, in fact, he is the epidemic of a coward and a loser.
Old February 28, 2023, 06:08 PM
Cricket Guru

Papon went from "This is not a healthy dressing room, this I can guarantee you. Even in the World Cup, what I have seen and heard despite not staying in their hotel... I cannot believe how it is possible." to "I have no first hand knowledge what's going inside Bangladesh dressing room in last three years, I have not seen any problem with the team during world cup, but I have heard things from media."

This douchebag is simply disgusting.

Old March 2, 2023, 02:12 PM
Cricket Legend

look at this sh*t ... this man has no shame

Last edited by godzilla; March 2, 2023 at 03:01 PM..
Old March 2, 2023, 04:01 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla

look at this sh*t ... this man has no shame
Politicians of the Mujeeb Coat are among the shameless of the shameless
Old March 3, 2023, 04:36 AM
Cricket Guru

Awesome Sala

Papon visits team hotel at Shakib’s request but Shakib busy elsewhere :
https://www.thedailystar.net/sports/...ewhere-3261901
Old March 4, 2023, 09:31 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
Awesome Sala

Papon visits team hotel at Shakib’s request but Shakib busy elsewhere :
https://www.thedailystar.net/sports/...ewhere-3261901
Shakib knows better than wasting his time with this douchebag.