facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 9, 2009, 12:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Default Lolz!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC

If I had friend in CricInfo. I would ask him if he could use this pic for his player profile. Thats his punishment for big talk. And I will not make any comment about him leaving for ICL.
Whats this the new jesus christ ... man F****ing guy needs to cut his hair man!!
looks like a dirty guy ... how did this kid get married to a decent looking girl!!

Old June 9, 2009, 03:36 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Kapali (One Down), SN (Opening), Dhiman (WK) should be back. Aftab is a nonsense reckless cricketer. Taking him in the team will be a liability. as we have too many of them in the team. Nazim is another blind hitter, not of any use.

Need proper cricketers in the team
Old June 11, 2009, 08:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Kapali and Aftab would offer some stability to the current unstable middle-order of bangladesh.
Old June 11, 2009, 05:04 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodlum
Kapali and Aftab would offer some stability to the current unstable middle-order of bangladesh.
those two are just as unstable as anyone else we have. stability would be the same, but potential would increase a lot.

i for one believe the BCB will eventually call these guys up immediately (hopefully for the WI tour) following PCB's move with razzaq.

kapali and aftab would bolster the ODI side. we have badly missed aftab's blitzes at number 3, and kapali is a great consolidator in the lower order. howver, given our lack of an opener, i think aftab should open with tamim. we could get off to some very fast starts in the first 5 overs with those two.

an ODI lineup of will be as good a one as we've ever had:

tamim
aftab
Raqibul
Ash
Sakib
Alok
Mushfiq/Mithun/Sagir
Mash
razzak/shuvo
rubel
rasel

#OneTeam1Dream
Old June 11, 2009, 05:46 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
tamim
aftab
Raqibul
Ash
Sakib
Alok
Mushfiq/Mithun/Sagir
Mash
razzak/shuvo
rubel
rasel
The batting in this line up looks very thin. I would call up the big Z, Nafees, Dhiman (for keeping only, bat him at #10 because his batting is worst than Razzak) and maybe even Nazimuddin. If this is your line up, why bat Kapali at #6? We've seen what others had done batting at the prime positions let him have a crack at 3 or 4. He actually plays cricketing shots and shows a bit more common sense than Sakib and Ashrafool. Yes, his average is in the teens but based on ability alone, you have to consider him at the top and at the very least ahead of Rokibul who is lucky to be playing internation cricket right now. Roki's batting is not good enough to warrant a place as a batsman in an international side. Also, keep in mind that Kapali is a better player now than he was few years ago so, if BCB play him, they have to put him up the batting order to allow him the opportunity to face a lot of balls; if not don't bother playing him at all. I am not convinced about his bowling yet. He has a wrong one and a flipper but bowls too many short balls to be a successful spinner. I think Nafees Iqbal's got better technique than Rokibul but he isn't scoring runs so won't be named in the squad.

Last edited by Ishtylish cricketer; June 11, 2009 at 05:54 PM..
Old June 11, 2009, 08:13 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishtylish cricketer
The batting in this line up looks very thin. I would call up the big Z, Nafees, Dhiman (for keeping only, bat him at #10 because his batting is worst than Razzak) and maybe even Nazimuddin. If this is your line up, why bat Kapali at #6? We've seen what others had done batting at the prime positions let him have a crack at 3 or 4. He actually plays cricketing shots and shows a bit more common sense than Sakib and Ashrafool. Yes, his average is in the teens but based on ability alone, you have to consider him at the top and at the very least ahead of Rokibul who is lucky to be playing internation cricket right now. Roki's batting is not good enough to warrant a place as a batsman in an international side. Also, keep in mind that Kapali is a better player now than he was few years ago so, if BCB play him, they have to put him up the batting order to allow him the opportunity to face a lot of balls; if not don't bother playing him at all. I am not convinced about his bowling yet. He has a wrong one and a flipper but bowls too many short balls to be a successful spinner. I think Nafees Iqbal's got better technique than Rokibul but he isn't scoring runs so won't be named in the squad.
i suppose ash can bat at 5, but the reason alok is at 6, is because he's the best batsman we have at finding gaps in the middle overs. sakib and ashraful coming 2nd and 3rd after him, hence they are all batting at 4,5,6. raqibi is in at 3 because, he is a consolidator type, and we need an anchor type guy in there. tamim and aftab if they last 5 overs can give us a flying start of 40-0 or 50-0 even. from there a slow raqib wouldn't hurt as badly, especially with ash, sakib, and alok who can take singles easily and hit the odd boundary.

i have more confidence in alok's leggies than ash's, but alok shouldn't be bowling more than a couple overs, unless he's having one of those days.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old June 16, 2009, 04:32 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
i suppose ash can bat at 5, but the reason alok is at 6, is because he's the best batsman we have at finding gaps in the middle overs. sakib and ashraful coming 2nd and 3rd after him, hence they are all batting at 4,5,6. raqibi is in at 3 because, he is a consolidator type, and we need an anchor type guy in there. tamim and aftab if they last 5 overs can give us a flying start of 40-0 or 50-0 even. from there a slow raqib wouldn't hurt as badly, especially with ash, sakib, and alok who can take singles easily and hit the odd boundary.

i have more confidence in alok's leggies than ash's, but alok shouldn't be bowling more than a couple overs, unless he's having one of those days.
what happened to Mahmudillah? i thought he cemented his place?
Old November 14, 2009, 07:22 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

WHat is happenning to these ICL players, we want to know! We have a right to know!
Old November 30, 2009, 04:12 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Are the ICLers available for Tri-Series?
Old December 1, 2009, 09:41 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Are the ICLers available for Tri-Series?
From the kana ghusha, it has been said that the selectors are going gaga over the prospect of having the few ICLers in the tri-series. However, it is BCBs decision at the end.

The coach is also having seperate practice sessions with SN, Aftab, Alok, Dhiman.