facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 26, 2015, 03:03 PM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahadat hochen

I think we are short of talent. We are short of talent in many spheres of society. Obviously this will be disputed. But ofcourse we have talent in creating anarchy. So BengaliIndia, your comment will be challenged from a different angle, here.

Tamim scored a 100 at lords..hmm, I was a poor student. Once or twice, i did ace my tests. They talked about it for years.

Talent is also the ability to show talent over prolonged periods.

Old February 26, 2015, 03:07 PM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahadat hochen

But to be fair, India played 3-4 day test cricket for the first 30-40 years. Actually, when did 5 day test cricket start - in the 70s.

But anyway, who wants to hear that ? And rightly so. Our team does not even no how to run between the wickets, and boundary players have their eyes on the stands during play....so many failed basics.
Old February 26, 2015, 03:14 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Simple solution to the problem of not having talent; Talent is something that is great in relation to the quality of cricket being played. BCB have enough finances and assets to develop talent. The big picture is that when a talent is noticed, the hype behind him to perform is exponentially greater and the pressure is insurmountable on him.
For example, Taskin Ahmed, I first heard about him when I read an article about him being a YouTube sensation. That is our problem right here: making young cricketers stars before being established yet. The world may look at him and see someone who is uncharacteristically Bangladeshi (that was my first thought). Moreover, the use of this media platform to promote your rising star is questionable.
Bangladesh’s growth is quite stuttered right now. Like in the first post, a stagnant team, with little peaks of brilliance.
The bowling is on a different planet at the moment. Sri Lanka’s batting was on the same planet until it met its most favorite bowling was served on a platter last night. A bowling attack that can’t even dismantle a tentative Sri Lanka batting, where Afghanistan went into deeper territories again the Lions and actually had them on the back foot.
Something has got to be done about Bangladesh’s approach to international cricket; they have been playing at the highest level for quite a while now. Senior players make goals for themselves: instead of aiming for big scores, why not decide that you are going to bat through the inning. Build an innings like what Sri Lanka did to you.
This team seriously needs an intervention (psychological).
Old February 26, 2015, 03:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliIndia
I am not trying to troll but if mods feel so please delete the thread... here is a nutshell what I have observed about BD Cricket after observing it for last 10-15 years

1. Country is short on talent
2. Players are treated like royalty for seemingly small achievements---- (getting flat, cars, lands) for winning a series. Also stop elevating every batsmen as the next big thing after their first positive performance. It is really stupid. Hold your horses and let the player grow
3.Very poor work ethics of some players -- Tamim is a prime example. Sakib, Mushfikur and Mashrafee are great example of professionalism however more often than not they are over-shadowed by the collective failures of the rest
4. Political party using cricket as a platform to win vote. Just do not understand why Hasina shows up in the final of the every series where BD wins
1) the country probably has a lot of talent, the problem lies with the players work ethic and the connection they possess which keeps them around the team forever. Lets be honest for a moment, we all know that Tendulkar was a talented young man but talent without hard work/nutrients wouldn't have made him the player he was. Most of our players don't seem to understand this part.
2)100% true
3)Shakib is probably one of those poor work ethics aswell which he openly admitted.
4)yep, yep and yep
Old February 26, 2015, 03:45 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
When you act like punk asses after beating a team that didn't even exist 7 years ago, that's what you get. Karma. The punks got punked. Loved how dilshan and Sanga trolled them all day long. We were lucky this was only a 50 over game. Taskin and Rubel was about to cry. Anamul had no shame as he still smiled the brightest. Mush used the same hands that he used to break the stumps like a raging troll but this time to drop, miss and then eventually shake Dilshan's hand like a loser. Mash wished he had 10 clones.
Couldn't agree more
Old February 26, 2015, 03:49 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: The Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
When you act like punk asses after beating a team that didn't even exist 7 years ago, that's what you get. Karma. The punks got punked. Loved how dilshan and Sanga trolled them all day long. We were lucky this was only a 50 over game. Taskin and Rubel was about to cry. Anamul had no shame as he still smiled the brightest. Mush used the same hands that he used to break the stumps like a raging troll but this time to drop, miss and then eventually shake Dilshan's hand like a loser. Mash wished he had 10 clones.
Kohli went about abusing in his early days and went from strength to strength, Pak sledged canadians big time in 2011 Wc and yet went to semi finals, what happened to your karma then?
Stop with your crap and stop being insecure of what different races and skinned colors think of us.
Let afghans beat india and pak once in their lifetime, and you'll see how their love goes out the window, but that is the exact reason why they love them, because they know afghans will remain afghans.....but their hate for us is because it still hurts them where we had hurt them the most, ever since BD sodomized their ostrich-like teams in 99 and 07 WC. Do you see the same love for Lanka? No. That should explain. We will go on to achieve big, and don't comment that time on how our players fall from mushfiqur tree when we celebrate then but if any OZ player would do a strip dance or gayle his gangnam, you would be amused.
Old February 26, 2015, 05:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

i think we should focus on---how to make youngest team in next world cup with selecting players who have zero experience!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every world cup, we are the youngest team.I dont know if that helps us or not.future prospect always remain possibility and then some one new come and replace them.

difference of SL and bangladesh-- srilanka selected upal tharanga as a replacement , if its BD--they would choose a brand new player for wc.

Holding knows a lot about BD and this is his thoughts.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-cric...ry/839633.html
Old February 26, 2015, 05:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

yesterday, only 1 guy fights with dilshan, sanga, malinga, lakmal and rest of SL team is mashrafe, only BD fighter.
Old February 26, 2015, 05:28 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max100
yesterday, only 1 guy fights with dilshan, sanga, malinga, lakmal and rest of SL team is mashrafe, only BD fighter.
Very true, ...and some extent Shakib. Shakid did bowl with lot of heart until he was whacked in the last over.
Old February 26, 2015, 05:31 PM
ODI Cricketer

Spot on! I think the reason behind this is rooted in our inherent bengali mentality of "shortcut" way to "success". Sounds poor stereotypical, but that's what exactly BCB does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max100
i think we should focus on---how to make youngest team in next world cup with selecting players who have zero experience!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every world cup, we are the youngest team.I dont know if that helps us or not.future prospect always remain possibility and then some one new come and replace them.

difference of SL and bangladesh-- srilanka selected upal tharanga as a replacement , if its BD--they would choose a brand new player for wc.

Holding knows a lot about BD and this is his thoughts.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-cric...ry/839633.html
Old February 26, 2015, 06:20 PM
Banned

Can I go off topic? To tell you the truth, Bangladesh does not have any experience playing high quality ground like the one of Melbourne. Get my point.
Old February 26, 2015, 06:29 PM
Club Cricketer

Nothing will change. We will keep sucking for years to come.
Old February 26, 2015, 06:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalf
Can I go off topic? To tell you the truth, Bangladesh does not have any experience playing high quality ground like the one of Melbourne. Get my point.
Huge factor tbh. SL play at mcg 2 times almost every 1-2 years. But still it doesnt take away some of the glaring problems in the team.