facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 27, 2011, 05:59 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel Here
umm, was there any official communication on this ? I don't know. I thought press statements about why BCCI chose not to use UDRS is all we got.
India had/has rejected UDRS for any bilateral series.

http://www.facenfacts.com/NewsDetail...-referrals.htm

[snippets]

Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) secretary N Srinivasan said there was no real chance of the world's richest cricket body changing its stance.

"We don't accept this technology. We are not going to use it in any bilateral series," Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) secretary N Srinivasan has said.

The BCCI is so convinced of the technology's limitations that they turned down an offer to travel to Australia where UDRS made its Ashes debut.

"Yes, they were supposed to take us to see its use in the Ashes series but I did not go. We have made our presentation to the ICC, saying we are just not convinced about the technology," Srinivasan said.

Asked if cost was the discouraging factor, he said, "That's another issue but we have got serious doubts about its accuracy."

However, the UDRS will be used in this year's World Cup, jointly hosted by India, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh from February 19.

"Well, World Cup is an ICC event and if ICC decided to use it, they obviously can," said Srinivasan, also the BCCI president-elect.