facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 18, 2003, 12:40 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer
Default Players out of shape

First about the replacement of Mashrafee - Golla is in the world cup probable list, Opee is not. Besides, Opee has not played an International match since January 2002. - So is Akram - Bulbul.

On the other hand, Golla played in South Africa recently - though he was not picked for his irresponsibility on trying to score off the first ball that he faced after getting a recovery from injury in the ICC Champions trophy and then in South Africa.

The only other player who played International matches recently and can open is Anwar - the keeper - but he is not a candidate for playing in this world cup yet because he is not yet matured.

So, experience, replacement, opener - whatever you want - it has to be Golla - if the board wants a replacement of Mashrafee in South Africa at all.

By the way, if anybody has seen the league stats recently? How much did Golla score in the on-going domestic cricket?

Secondly, I don't know about this much, but I think that Ashraful, Sujon, Talha - they are all out of shape as they were not played in the warm up matches and in the first 2 world cup games much - especially Talha. I wonder how that would affect them.

Old February 18, 2003, 03:13 AM
ODI Cricketer

Bring Bulbul into the squad. I had posted it earlier also.
Old February 18, 2003, 07:17 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿
Default Probables

Opee is in great form.
Akram is fighting on for his team
Golla hasn't done much recently, been very quiet with the bat.
Bulbul - see Golla.

Mridul - Has good experience and right age, so what if he is fat.

However, watching Sujan out there, it sure pays to have experience.
Old February 18, 2003, 02:26 PM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Akram Khan is leaving Dhaka today to join the BD team in SA.
Old February 18, 2003, 07:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Default A good balance of experience may do us some good...

...but we have often seen even the experienced players fail miserably in holding the team together during our record-breaking 28 loss run. That goes for Golla, Bulbul, Akram and others.

Opee doing well in domestic cricket is of no consequence, as we have seen time and time again that no matter how good our players look against domestic opposition, they are hopelessly exposed against international opposition.

Golla is a case in point. In our tour of South Africa in October, he seemed extremely vulnerable to pace, finding it difficult to survive the first four or five overs. I doubt he is any better than our current openers, who are quite simply pathetic judging by their three performances in the World Cup. They have been making the same mistakes over and over again.

Anyway, I'm digressing. Whoever is brought in probably won't get a chance to play anyway unless we perform disastrously against South Africa.