facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 22, 2012, 01:16 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Rokibul whom we dont want back in national squad can bat and field better than Nazimuddin. Ashraful would have socre more runs and hold on to catches.

Old March 22, 2012, 01:19 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
Rokibul whom we dont want back in national squad can bat and field better than Nazimuddin. Ashraful would have socre more runs and hold on to catches.
No use of talking about Ash and Rock. Both of them are also on the list of failures.
Old March 22, 2012, 01:22 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
No use of talking about Ash and Rock. Both of them are also on the list of failures.
But can't do worse, can they?
Old March 22, 2012, 01:26 PM
Cricket Legend

He was truly clueless all tournament. The very definition of a walking wicket. Couldn't sight the ball. Couldn't pick the gaps. He is another Javed Omar in the making. If we persist with him in ODIs, we'll be going back in time...
Old March 22, 2012, 01:28 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Me or you talking about Ash or Rock wont bring them back if the selectors plus the president of BCB dont want them back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
And that was what I was trying to say. Both Ash and Rock are much better fielders. they would have saved at least 10 runs through out the game.
Old March 22, 2012, 01:33 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98

Quote:
Me or you talking about Ash or Rock wont bring them back if the selectors plus the president of BCB dont want them back.

And that was what I was trying to say. Both Ash and Rock are much better fielders. they would have saved at least 10 runs through out the game.
Nope they wouldn't have because at least their good fielders but in the end, all 3 are failures. Nazim's the biggest failure out of the 3 though because he's lasted only 13 games whereas the others lasted much longer.
Old March 22, 2012, 01:35 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Nope they wouldn't have because at least their good fielders but in the end, all 3 are failures. Nazim's the biggest failure out of the 3 though because he's lasted only 13 games whereas the others lasted much longer.
so how long did Rock lasted 10 years ?
Old March 22, 2012, 01:36 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
so how long did Rock lasted 10 years ?
Sorry bhai didn't get what you're trying to say there.
Old March 22, 2012, 01:37 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

this guy droppped 2 catches, had a S.R of around the 40, and scored 70 runs in a tournament where run scoring was easy
Old March 22, 2012, 01:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Real crap. He should only play for the A team,and domesti matches, no more international matches. Imrul would have done better.
Old March 22, 2012, 01:40 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Sorry bhai didn't get what you're trying to say there.
When did rock start playing and when you gave up on him.
Old March 22, 2012, 01:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

u killed it for us today
Old March 22, 2012, 01:46 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
To be honest, I gave up on Rock after the Australia series because he didn't do anything in his chances for a long time. With Nazim, I admit I gave up on him after the last Asia Cup but got some hope back from him after the 78 in the test match but after watching this series, I've given up on Nazim. So ya I had more belief in Rock then Nazim.
Old March 22, 2012, 02:17 PM
Club Cricketer

I was checking out Rocks' stat and the guy has pretty good average! and more importantly in matches he scored big runs he had a strike rate of 80! you know, he is suddenly seeming like a pretty good choice.. i wish we could have played him rather than johurul.. i think he's better.. mayb he should b tried for that nmbr 3 spot for nxt series.
Old March 22, 2012, 02:18 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
The problem with inconsistent batting remains a problem. If you look at the performance of apart from Tamim and Shak, inconsistency remains in the batting order. Nazimuddin, and Jahurul are inconsistent. Mush was marginally better. Only because Tamim and Shakib scored consistently the batting seemed consistent.

All these reminds me of Jamie's assessment: the replacement is, at best, as inconsistent as the player he is replacing.
Old March 22, 2012, 02:20 PM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

I feel the problem for Nazimuddin is that he cannot really play spin that well, especially the ball turning away from him (leg spin, left arm spin or doosra). Most teams know this. It was certainly true in the BPL that teams quickly bowled spin at him. He usually got bogged down then just hit out and lost his wicket. The same happened again today in the AC Final.

I think Nazimuddin should go away and work out this part of his game so it's not an issue.

It is strange how/why the selectors kept getting it so wrong though. You have to ask though, just who is pushing Naz so hard?
Old March 22, 2012, 02:24 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont
I feel the problem for Nazimuddin is that he cannot really play spin that well, especially the ball turning away from him (leg spin, left arm spin or doosra). Most teams know this. It was certainly true in the BPL that teams quickly bowled spin at him. He usually got bogged down then just hit out and lost his wicket. The same happened again today in the AC Final.

I think Nazimuddin should go away and work out this part of his game so it's not an issue.

It is strange how/why the selectors kept getting it so wrong though. You have to ask though, just who is pushing Naz so hard?
Not an expert coach Ian but Nazim also seems so clueless against the moving delivery. What was also apparent was the fact that he rarely moved his feet. I know it's a problem with subcontinental batsmen in general but Nazim's footwork is just atrocious. Your thoughts?
Old March 22, 2012, 02:26 PM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

Quote:
Not an expert coach Ian but Nazim also seems so clueless against the moving delivery. What was also apparent was the fact that he rarely moved his feet. I know it's a problem with subcontinental batsmen in general but Nazim's footwork is just atrocious. Your thoughts?
Lack of footwork is certainly an indicator of not being able to play a ball moving away from you, yes.
Old March 22, 2012, 02:30 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

He couldn't score 2 more runs whole he ate those deliveries like roshogollahs? Only Imrul Kayes would pull these sort of things. I was happy to see him take over from Kayes, but I highly doubt Kayes would've done this bad!

Nazmul froze and played for his spot. I don't get how playing negatively by not getting out would help one keep his spot? He would've had a better chance of staying in the squad had he gotten a first ball duck
Old March 22, 2012, 03:29 PM
Cricket Sage

ta ... ta....bye... bye... see you back next year.
Old March 22, 2012, 05:48 PM
Cricket Guru

not sure what he was thinking 16 out of 52 balls!!!
Old March 22, 2012, 06:49 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

time to tryout another opener. sorry nazim, you do have some good shots but overall you're just not up to par yet.
Old March 22, 2012, 08:29 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

everything nazim tried went in vain. reminds me of a day gough and caddick were bowling ..... rokon and golla were bowling ...... they survived for 8-10 overs and commentatotrs say the batsman are not even good to edge.

anyway even though nazim was very slow he should have tried to stay there as the partnership was going on good. and when nazim got out playing a poor shot it caused a small collapse. and our run rate was down drastically.

nazim still may be an effective test opener at home, i doubt his contribution away from home, but in odi we should try him as the last resort after the rest of the 18 koti manush has been tried there.
Old March 22, 2012, 08:58 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont

Because in Bangladesh we rate keeping a winning combination higher as opposed to selecting the best team.

As I said before I had an ominous feeling this kid would not survive Intl cricket simply because he does not meet the minimum required technique or temperament. He reminds me of our days with Hannan Sarkar and co, hit a boundary here and there but remain mostly clueless about the opposition bowling. Yes he had a good test innings of 78 vs Pakistan but even in that particular match I was not convinced because the failures of others made his knock seem something extra ordinary, which it wasnt. I hope best for this lad but he needs to work out his faults hard in nets and A team before earning a selection in national team.
Old March 22, 2012, 10:13 PM
Cricket Legend

What an old fashioned thinking-winning combination. Thats the thinking of the 90's. We lost yesterday because we werent playing the best XI. At least Imrul would have whacked the ball around for a while, and Elias would have conceded at least 20-25 runs less than Shahadat.

Whats done is done, but i hope team management learn from this. They didnt learn after India and Sri Lanka.