facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 8, 2012, 04:05 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

^^^ for this reason, i don't want Mominul to be anywhere near to the national team for next 2 years. He along with other youngsters should be under coaching of McInnes for at least 1 and half years before any of them are considered for national team.

Old August 8, 2012, 05:09 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

Srsly, anamul is nowhere near international standards. If this is the kind of performance he offers with the bat and such captaincy then he should be nowhere near National side.
Old August 8, 2012, 05:25 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
This is in IMHO. From what I saw at the BPL, Anamul is the new Ash. If he cannot eschew the cutesy Ash plays, he is done.
My view is that we don't need to be fascinated with 19 year olds as far as national team is concerned. Let Anamul play first class cricket for several years, score lots of runs and then come up for consideration. That's how majority of international cricketers get selected for countries and we should follow the same method.
Old August 8, 2012, 06:30 AM
MLC World Series I

And why do we make our potentially best player the team captain? It's not necessary that he excels in leadership qualities.
Old August 8, 2012, 06:41 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Nvm....knew we will løse this but will beat Them in sunday. afterall, this was a WU game so dont understand the dissapointment from most of us.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old August 8, 2012, 07:36 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

It would appear we bowled reasonably well. But I don't expect to win matches unless each of our top 5 batters does what he's supposed to do. I believe all 5 are capable.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old August 8, 2012, 07:58 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
This is in IMHO. From what I saw at the BPL, Anamul is the new Ash. If he cannot eschew the cutesy Ash plays, he is done.
That was my observation too. Watch, we'll see him and Ashraful open the batting for the national team soon and torment us for decades.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old August 8, 2012, 08:02 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

ha ha ha, anamul gets big runs for the rest of the Wc and the same people will be calling him to the national team immediately. every cricketer(batting wise)have tough patches. don't count him out.
Old August 8, 2012, 08:30 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Please give Anamul a break.. What's up with comments like Anamul bhua, national team material na and blah blah comments? It's not his fault that he was picked for national team at this early stage. He is just a kid. Why be so brutal?

I think his confidence has been dented because of the premature inclusion in the national team. And now he also has an extra responsibility on his shoulder. Don't give up hope guys. Anamul' special is on its way...
Old August 8, 2012, 08:36 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

I think taking Anamul for T20s was a good move by the selectors. He is the most promising player out there. The selectors didn't thrust him into high intensity ODI or Test matches, they drafted him for an unofficial T20 series in Zim. It was more or less like a warm up series. If he needed any international exposure, that was the best chance for him and selectors gave him that.

He didn't perform well and this shouldn't give any dent to his confidence. He still has a lot of time to improve his game. Let him play in the domestics for 1-2 seasons.
Old August 8, 2012, 09:19 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Good tight practice match this. Result not important. If our top order get their acts/forms right (and they must from the very first match) can't see any reason why we can't be one of the top contenders to lift the trophy.

Anamul is just going through a lean patch...no doubts about his skills level. Most batters go through these patches. Hope his relative success (dpl/bpl) hasn't got to his head, though. Others like Asif, Soummya and Noor need to step up.

On paper, we are really a decent side -in ALL departments. Now it all depends how they adjust to the conditions and perform as an unit from the word "Go".

One area of concern, i feel pace bowlers have been under used in these practice matches. In Aussie conditions, it is imperative that the pacers are used correctly and early in-roads are made. They also have to choose the best pace trio from the available ones.
Old August 8, 2012, 01:56 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

No i havent given up...it should bear reminding that hes ALWAYS been more of a longer version guy. I haven't given up on him...never having seen him live. But thats what my old sig was all about: if its in his destiny to work hard and be better than anyone before him, than why not?

#OneTeam1Dream
Old August 8, 2012, 07:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Well done by the Bangladesh team... they showed the fighting spirit once again even when the top order is failing. The bowling also looks pretty good if they can potentially resist that strong SA team, who could become the champions. Keep in mind that this SA team has been coached and groomed by Jennings, has been given tremendous visibility and effort by SA board.. compared to that, our U19 team got Sarwar Imran- who is good but not comparable to the other U19 coaches of Jennings, Stuart Law, Robin Singh etc.