facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old March 9, 2008, 05:20 AM
Test Cricketer

The script was simple. Razzak will keep things tidy and also trouble the Saffers who are supposedly "weak" against slow bowling. Shahadat will come around the 20th over and blow them out.

Nothing wrong with the plan !! Except, there was no plan "B". We do not have a captain [ or, had in the immediate past ] with a personality who could take command and say I will adapt to the situation and abandon the plan. I think Plan "A" could have been modified slightly; Shahadat bowling 3 overs, say, and then come back just after the 20th over.

The problem is when you score 178 no plan is going to work as your opponents effectively do not have to chase runs. For them , this is just free batting practice.

Old March 9, 2008, 05:21 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Moyna's all smiles, excellent dive from Ash at SMW denies his counterpart the ton, for now ...
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old March 9, 2008, 05:22 AM
Cricket Savant

Game, set and match Mr. Smith, AND his 7th ODI 1 ...

SA win by 9 wickets.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old March 9, 2008, 05:25 AM
Test Cricketer

I am glad I missed most of the match. Eminently forgettable. THe future does not look good.
Old March 9, 2008, 05:26 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

That's it, SA finishes with a 4 to win by 9 wickets, in just 36.5 overs.

Did some one say SA will finish in 32 overs? Well you were not too far in your prediction.

Congrats !!
Old March 9, 2008, 05:29 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

my prediction was smith and gibbs will finish the match.. thats what nearly happened

Ash is the only player in this team capable to doing something extraordinary but he just doesnt click when it matters

Last edited by Thunder; March 9, 2008 at 05:37 AM..
Old March 9, 2008, 05:32 AM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

At least Smith/Gibbs were more merciful to us. They didn't kick us when when we were down unlike McCullum
Old March 9, 2008, 05:35 AM
Cricket Savant

Daym, Sajed has lost weight !
Old March 9, 2008, 05:35 AM
Cricket Savant

Interview with Ash, precious ...
Old March 9, 2008, 05:36 AM
Cricket Savant

Coach Siddons looks dazed, confused and strangely amused.

GS = MOM.
Old March 9, 2008, 05:37 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imtiaz
The script was simple. Razzak will keep things tidy and also trouble the Saffers who are supposedly "weak" against slow bowling. Shahadat will come around the 20th over and blow them out.

Nothing wrong with the plan !! Except, there was no plan "B". We do not have a captain [ or, had in the immediate past ] with a personality who could take command and say I will adapt to the situation and abandon the plan. I think Plan "A" could have been modified slightly; Shahadat bowling 3 overs, say, and then come back just after the 20th over.

The problem is when you score 178 no plan is going to work as your opponents effectively do not have to chase runs. For them , this is just free batting practice.
It's not a planning at all. There is no benefits bowling 20 slow overs and bringing Shahadat there after. You loose everything:

1) Razzaq is less effective in relation to if he was bowling with a old ball
2) Miss Shahadat's pace with the new ball
3) Ball does not wear out enough by slow balling to reverse the ball later
4) Openers get set before your most effective bowlers come in
5) with a low score you must start with early wicket so you have your premium bowlers early, not after they get set.

what's the advantage in this strtegy can you tell? other than having a name like plan 'A' ? backed by few ifs and butts?
Old March 9, 2008, 05:37 AM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

WT...?? Ash starts his post-match interview with "SA is #2 side in the world". If we keep losing the match before it starts, I don't see any hope for us
Old March 9, 2008, 05:38 AM
Cricket Savant

Harris is a good bowler and can turn the ball quite a bit. Botha's doosra can be pretty decent also. I think SA will have a good tour of India.
Old March 9, 2008, 05:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: No one yet.

Ash shudn't be the captain of this team... i think its too much pressure for his lil brain. He needs time off and lots of practice to get bak in form. He sucks now.. HE needs to concentrate on his battin.. and thats all.. someone else shud handle captaincy. and i don't know who...but not ash .. thats for sure
Old March 9, 2008, 05:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: No one yet.

Tamim scoring a 82 ...shows that him playing bad in the test cricket was only due to his injury on his thumb... He is getting better... He can be consistant..dats a plus. Good luck next ODi.. maybe another Half Century
Old March 9, 2008, 05:49 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: TAMIM IQBAL

I think ash needs a break from the national team.
Old March 9, 2008, 05:55 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
Harris is a good bowler and can turn the ball quite a bit. Botha's doosra can be pretty decent also. I think SA will have a good tour of India.
Bhai, I think SA will be badly beaten by India. BD was substandard with their efforts. SA didn't beat us, we beat ourselves. India doesnt do as many mistakes as we do.
Old March 9, 2008, 06:00 AM
Cricket Guru

So much for Rubel being a good spinner.. his bowl didnt even turn!!!!
everyone except Tamim played terrible!!! even terrible is not the correct adjective to describe how bad they played
and why in the world would Zuaned bowl? even if Ash bowled it would have been ok!!!
if he's gonna do that then moni might as well come and bowl
Old March 9, 2008, 06:07 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tareq Aziz

Just woke up.

Same old story, eh?
Old March 9, 2008, 06:40 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram

ইজ্জত রক্ষা হইল।
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturnal
১০ উইকেটে হারলে তো মান-ইজ্জতের ব্যাপার
Old March 9, 2008, 06:58 AM
Cricket Legend

this was the most boring BD ODI... I have seen in a long time...especially the SA innings...it was so one-sided..bowlers didnt threaten the batsman at all, no Mushy shouting from behind, crowd were so quiet although I dont blame them what did they have to cheer about?I feel sorry for the people in Chittagong who paid money to see this match!Hope the Dhaka crowd witness a better match...I am not saying this coz we lost,but there was no entertainment today...BD are one of the most entertaining teams to watch,but today I am seriously disappointed.
Old March 9, 2008, 07:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

I did say that if SA does not do well in the pactice match, they will come back with a vengeance. With no Steyn in the side, BD should have manipulated the bowling better
and scored at least 200 runs. this team is now getting from bad to worse and it is so sad to witness. i am sure Siddons must be scratching his head and wondering what he must do to fix things, but if the players cannot fire and goes down like lambs to a slaughter, then he has to watch the onslaught. Seems that Smith has found great form here.
Old March 9, 2008, 09:48 AM
Cricket Sage

same old story..nothing changess..
Old March 9, 2008, 09:50 AM
Cricket Legend

its like the sunday morning few weeks ago (NZ tour)..... deja vu.....
Old March 9, 2008, 10:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire_x86
WT...?? Ash starts his post-match interview with "SA is #2 side in the world". If we keep losing the match before it starts, I don't see any hope for us
Spitty: Ash always says so. Basically he made an excuse that SA is the 2nd best team in the world. He is doing it to hide his team's miserable performance, nothing else. It doesn't mean that he got the loosing attitude. Just imagine what he might say if we can win the next match. He will say " We have outplayed them in every department. We proved that we can beat them".

I am really disappointed the way our Big Z is getting out in one day matches now a days. He is pulling it and scooping it again and again. I just don't understand that why he has to drag the ball from the out side the off stump. As far as I can remember he got out in the same fashion in the T20 match in NZ and in couple of one dayers against the Kiwi's.

Actually big Z got unique ways of getting out in different forms of the game: In ODIs he gets out by misstimed pull and in Tests he gets out by opening the face of the bat and the result is caught behind. In tests you don't have to open the face of the bat, but still he does it and pays the price. I can count how many times he was caught behind in his short career. He and Jemmie Siddons must work this out.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ

Last edited by SMHasan; March 9, 2008 at 10:10 AM..