facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 27, 2023, 12:57 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
adamnsu,

Do you watch T20 cricket besides Bangladesh matches? Giving 16-18 runs in an odd over is not really that big of a deal in this format, it can happen to any bowler.

IMO, we found our core set of bowlers for the format, including both Hasan and Nasum. There is no better bowler out there. Tanvir with his quick darts may be successful on certain pitches, but may not be fit for all varieties. A taller Nasum can vary his length better, and has shown in last T20I world cup that he can be somewhat effective outside subcontinent as well. Ideally, we want a leggie instead of the second SLA on the playing XI, but that's a different story.
Do watch the players or just rely on other matches to compare Bangladeshi players. Bangladeshi players are not like most decent t20 players out there.

I watch the players and Bangladesh is my team and watch how the players play. Nasum needs a spinning wicket for him to grab wickets otherwise he has almost no control over his deliveries. What good is that? Hassan bowls short and wide regularly is that also acceptable to you? Maybe he needs some time but for now he is mediocre at best. Finally Taskin and to a smaller extent Mehedy has overcome to do what Hassan and Nasum keeps doing which is not using his brain.

I agree our pool is small but I think our selectors don’t pick the right players.and yeah we could do with a leggie

Old March 27, 2023, 01:56 PM
Cricket Guru

Rumor is that Shakib told Jalal Yunus, after the match yesterday, that he's flying off to Mohali right after the 3rd T20I on Friday night, whether BCB gives him the NOC or not. Obviously, Liton is not that daring, so he will stay behind and may lead the Test team.
Old March 27, 2023, 03:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Rumor is that Shakib told Jalal Yunus, after the match yesterday, that he's flying off to Mohali right after the 3rd T20I on Friday night, whether BCB gives him the NOC or not. Obviously, Liton is not that daring, so he will stay behind and may lead the Test team.
BCB is really dumb. everyone and their mistress want them to get the NOC. Only that Nazmul modon bringing some patriotic crap. Reality is he is power tripping.. Even hathuru the taklu gives comment on this when it is not necessary of him saying "Country first" while he is coaching a foreign team .. what a joker.

there is nothing wrong with being a damn good employer. Listen to your players - toxicity runs at every level. Shakibs move of going without NOC looks even worse now for BCB.
Old March 27, 2023, 03:56 PM
Cricket Legend

I wouldn't say Liton not daring. He would be stupid to go without NOC. Shakib on the otherhand is a GOAT and he can do it. Liton is replaceable in a second.
Old March 27, 2023, 07:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Good, am with Shakib on this. Why be a dick all the time with players. Country first yes but they ain't filling up the player's pocket when they are missing out on IPL/ other league money.

As I said previously, BCB deserves a player like Shakib. Who gives a F-type of attitude. He knows his value and he does what he does, lol.
Old March 28, 2023, 09:46 AM
Cricket Guru

One probable change for 2nd T20I - Rishad debuting in place of Nasum. Rony's injury is not serious, he's very likely to play the next match as well.
Old March 28, 2023, 10:08 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Update - if Bangladesh win the series tomorrow, Shakib may not even play the 3rd T20I. I guess BCB came to realization that if they have to let go off Shakib, it will look bad if they stop Liton. So, Liton may be released after the T20I series as well.

Don't you love watching Papon eating his own words?
Old March 28, 2023, 01:51 PM
Cricket Guru

Now that it's pretty much confirmed that we're playing the Test match without Shakib-Liton, what would be your Test XI?

Mine:

Tamim
Shadman
Shanto
Momin
Mushfiq
Jaker (WK)
Miraz
Taijul
Rishad
Taskin
Ebadot

Rishad is probably a big gamble. But, you won't get a better opportunity than Ireland (who have a long gap last time they played a Test/FC match) on Mirpur to try a new spin option. The other option is going with a third pacer in Khaled, which is not a bad option either given Khaled is an intelligent bowler knows well how to bowl on slow pitches.

Shadman is having a good domestic season, I think it's time to bring him back. On the other hand, Zakir is on injury lay off, I would not bring him back directly for a Test match.

It will be interesting to see whether Hathuru let Momin back in. There was a rumor that Momin was suffering from mental trauma caused by a senior (Mushfiq? Momin did leave Prime Bank when Mushfiq joined the club), I hope he's over it now.

For captaincy, given none of the former captains or Tamim would want to step in for a single match, my pick would be Miraz. But I won't be surprised if his U/19 VC Shanto gets it.
Old March 28, 2023, 03:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

Don't you love watching Papon eating his own words?
LOL YES! This guy is a maniac. Created a whole sh*t show between Tamim/Shakib and then blames media as if media started this comedy show lol. this guy just wants all the credit for anything as long as he can talk in front of camera
Old March 28, 2023, 05:15 PM
Cricket Guru

I don’t like Papon myself but during his tenure he has had mainly downs but also ups.

This Rishad spinner might be a better option than Nasum. I would prefer another opener than Rony, someone new. Saw last year there was this new hard hitting batsman from the BPL but forgot his name. He also had no footwork and just smashes the ball with hand eye coordination.
Old March 29, 2023, 03:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

What happened to Saifuddin?
He is our best pacer and we seem to have forgotten about him?

Old March 29, 2023, 05:07 AM
Cricket Guru

Liton taking his chances and its paying off against a weak Ireland attack. He takes Asharaful's fastest 50 record.

Talukdar has had more luck but then again its Ireland.
Old March 29, 2023, 05:08 AM
Cricket Guru

Athar more excited with Talukdar's batting than Liton's
Old March 29, 2023, 05:22 AM
Cricket Guru

Talukdar's luck ran out. Despite his scores it does not display his poor technique and miss timed shots. A waste of space IMO and not worth developing
Old March 29, 2023, 05:32 AM
Cricket Guru

Liton K Das is out. He got tired and impatient.

Usually after drinks Bangladesh tend to lose their way.

Will be interesting to see what Shanto does.
Old March 29, 2023, 05:33 AM
Cricket Guru

And they bring in Hridoy instead of Shanto
Old March 29, 2023, 05:42 AM
Cricket Guru

Commentator even asking Athahur not to get so over excited about how Bangladesh are doing.

Shamim is shameless and he is regularly put down , but neither commies understand sarcasm.
Old March 29, 2023, 05:59 AM
Cricket Guru

Liked the move to give Hridoy more exposure but Shanto or Shamim should have been given the chance instead of Shakib
Old March 29, 2023, 06:07 AM
Cricket Guru

Some good spin bowling to reduce the momentum of BD innings which should have been 220 plus.

The Irish bowling and fielding have been cottage club today mostly. If they took the catches, fielded better and bowled more according to the setup BD would have posted 180 ish I think.

Liton was almost out to a trap set up for him in the early part of the innings. Because Rony doesnt properly hit the ball he escaped many chances of being caught.
Old March 29, 2023, 06:37 AM
Cricket Legend

its shakib and liton show today. LOL. They really wanna be released for IPL before 3rd match. And they should.
Old March 29, 2023, 06:43 AM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Shakib is bowling like he has a flight to catch :p
Old March 29, 2023, 07:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Sick of seeing Nasum getting a free pass in this side. Why is Rishad not getting a chance?
Old March 29, 2023, 07:31 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD_TigerZ
Sick of seeing Nasum getting a free pass in this side. Why is Rishad not getting a chance?
I had a similar concern about Nasum and someone said I did not watch enough T20 cricket.
Old March 29, 2023, 09:46 AM
Cricket Guru

Not sure if this series is helping or harming. If Shakib-Liton play IPL bowlers like how they're treating Irish dudhbhat bowlers, it may backfire on them.

Mustafiz probably won't get a match for Delhi either way.

Rest of the players will have to make some adjustments when they go back to DPL. Like Sujon said, top 3-4 DPL teams have much better bowling attacks than Ireland.
Old March 29, 2023, 11:30 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
Talukdar's luck ran out. Despite his scores it does not display his poor technique and miss timed shots. A waste of space IMO and not worth developing
Whom are you going to develop in the opening slot? We have tried many players before and they were all failures.

Rony after 6 matches has avg of 31 @140 SR, which is significantly better than many BD batsmen. Yes, he is 32, possibly 34 in real life, but in T20 age does not matter.