facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 17, 2012, 05:44 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib and Tamim

Bangladesh have agreed to tour Pakistan early next year and become the first team to play international cricket there since gunmen attacked Sri Lanka's team bus in 2009, BCB said on today. "We have in principle agreed to tour Pakistan. It's a commitment made by former Bangladesh Cricket Board president Mustafa Kamal. We are keeping his word," Enayet Husain Siraj, the board's head of cricket operations, told AFP.

Facebook e shob page update dise.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Old December 17, 2012, 05:55 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Good reasons to tour Pakistan even more now.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-20753116
Old December 17, 2012, 08:14 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Send Lota and goons to Pak.
Our boys stay put!
Old December 17, 2012, 09:55 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Wow, they have one attack that kills people in double digits. The value of life has gone down so much?

I have to retract my previous comment. These attacks won't work - not at all.
Old December 17, 2012, 10:43 AM
Cricket Legend

This tour is happening. Our opinion is of little concern to the board...
Old December 17, 2012, 10:55 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

How about the court order that cancelled the tour last time? i hope something like that will block this tour as well. I simply don't want us to be the experimental team that goes there to make it okay for the rest. Why should we go when others are not going? the lives of our cricketers are as important as the lives of others
Old December 17, 2012, 10:56 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

51 Pakistanis in BPL? These guys are not playing for free so whose loss is it if they decide not to send any players to BPL. Do we not have anyone intelligent in BCB?
Old December 17, 2012, 11:23 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Freddie Flintoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roni_uk
51 Pakistanis in BPL? These guys are not playing for free so whose loss is it if they decide not to send any players to BPL. Do we not have anyone intelligent in BCB?
Spot on. It's not as if those Pakistani players take part in the BPL for charity. If they don't come it's their loss. Pakistani players are banned from the IPL, so PCB will be under huge pressure if they cut off another source of their income.
Old December 17, 2012, 11:55 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

It seems fully official now. I was just watching the news. It came out from the horse's mouth.
Old December 17, 2012, 12:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

PCB is pathetic saying stuff like, "The ball is in Bangladesh's court". But I say "they've got a BOMB in their court" which is where we don't want to be.
Old December 17, 2012, 12:39 PM
Cricket Guru

I don't understand why you guys are criticizing PCB for this? Do you understand the issue? Or are you complaining for the heck of it?

PCB is just being a good negotiator in this apparent sales process. They want someone to play in their backyard - plain and simple. They have every right to want to "sell" it. They have every right to want to have their players play in BPL, or use that as a trump card in this.

However, BCB is just being arrogant here. All they're seeing is the perceived value of having pak players in BPL. But at what cost? By sending the players to pak for a series? By sending them into a potentially dangerous place?

I'm just amazed at how people just don't think things through. Stop complaining if you don't really know what you're complaining about. It's called nagging.
Old December 17, 2012, 12:59 PM
Club Cricketer

ESPN is saying the tour is likely to be between 10-15 Jan and will comprise of 1 ODI and 1 T20I.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/pakistan...ry/597375.html
Old December 17, 2012, 01:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
I don't understand why you guys are criticizing PCB for this? Do you understand the issue? Or are you complaining for the heck of it?

PCB is just being a good negotiator in this apparent sales process. They want someone to play in their backyard - plain and simple. They have every right to want to "sell" it. They have every right to want to have their players play in BPL, or use that as a trump card in this.

However, BCB is just being arrogant here. All they're seeing is the perceived value of having pak players in BPL. But at what cost? By sending the players to pak for a series? By sending them into a potentially dangerous place?

I'm just amazed at how people just don't think things through. Stop complaining if you don't really know what you're complaining about. It's called nagging.

Why critisize PCB?
Because they are trying to bully Bangladesh into coming to Pakistan, something they dare not do against any other country.

PCB being a good negotiator?
On the contorary, they are not looking into the welfare of their own players, if Pakistani players dont play than they do not make money. Bangladesh can also block them from playing Dhaka league.

BCB being arrogant here?
Not at all, but they are being stupid for sure.... I dont know what it will take for them to realize that PCB has more to loose than BCB...
Old December 17, 2012, 01:26 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo
Why critisize PCB?
Because they are trying to bully Bangladesh into coming to Pakistan, something they dare not do against any other country.
Is that an example of a bully? So a bully is going to give you something in return? Not sure where you came up with that.

Quote:
PCB being a good negotiator?
On the contorary, they are not looking into the welfare of their own players, if Pakistani players dont play than they do not make money. Bangladesh can also block them from playing Dhaka league.
You mean well being? Again, wrong term in the wrong context.

Quote:
BCB being arrogant here?
Not at all, but they are being stupid for sure.... I dont know what it will take for them to realize that PCB has more to loose than BCB...
This is the first thing you got right in the entire post. They're probably being more stupid than arrogant. If you look at it in another way, they're being arrogant because they feel that without pak players in BPL, they will not be able to generate enough interest.
Old December 17, 2012, 01:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Is that an example of a bully? So a bully is going to give you something in return? Not sure where you came up with that.

You mean well being? Again, wrong term in the wrong context.

This is the first thing you got right in the entire post. They're probably being more stupid than arrogant. If you look at it in another way, they're being arrogant because they feel that without pak players in BPL, they will not be able to generate enough interest.
1) Yes I do mean bully, A bully by definition will demand something by using scare tactics and that is exactly what they are doing....

2) Yes I did mean well being, and I dont see why u are calling it a wrong context. To be more precise, I was just pointing out the bergaining chip that we can use (not allow Pak players at all even in Dhaka leagues, and thus deprive the Pakistan players of a possible source of income).

3) I never really watched BPL for Pak players (Infact I dont think anyone in this forum ever watched Pak T20 leagues).. So I really dont see why Pak players are given so much preference.. Might be the case of GameOn sports demands...
Old December 17, 2012, 02:17 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

A BPL without Pakistani players will be equally successful if we can honor contracts and attract English, Sri Lankan and some Aussie players.

Hope common sense will prevail. Otherwise, HC may have to intervene again.
Old December 17, 2012, 02:31 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tendulkar

http://prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2...17/news/313961

they don't even think it is safe for pakistanis and what makes BCB think it will be safe for bangladesh cricket team?????
Old December 17, 2012, 02:36 PM
Cricket Sage

Love it or hate it... it was clear that the participation of PAK players (and blocking them from IPL) and the participation of star players from associate countries played a huge role making this tournament a success. It tried to fill up some gaps/open market complementing ICL.

Now I am assuming SRI players will be particiaptng any way.

But to attrack quality ENG and AUS players for now? If you ask me, I think its not realistic expectation. May be in the furure, but not now.

So good or bad our short term success of BPL is stuck with the participation of PAK players.

Having said that, this itself should not be justification to put our players in harms way. I am not an expert here, therefore I have to trust on BCB and BD government. If security in PAK is ok with BCB, Bangladesh Government and the players, I don't have problem with that moving forward with the tour. Also if a particular player(s) ignore BCB's evaluation and decides not to go, I am also ok with that.
Old December 17, 2012, 03:01 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Love it or hate it... it was clear that the participation of PAK players (and blocking them from IPL) and the participation of star players from associate countries played a huge role making this tournament a success. It tried to fill up some gaps/open market complementing ICL.

But to attrack quality ENG and AUS players for now? If you ask me, I think its not realistic expectation. May be in the furure, but not now.

So good or bad our short term success of BPL is stuck with the participation of PAK players.

Having said that, this itself should not be justification to put our players in harms way. I am not an expert here, therefore I have to trust on BCB and BD government. If security in PAK is ok with BCB, Bangladesh Government and the players, I don't have problem with that moving forward with the tour. Also if a particular player(s) ignore BCB's evaluation and decides not to go, I am also ok with that.
Top post mamu.

I would agree with the last part until this morning when I heard about the new bomb attack. Otherwise, you really spoke my mind.

Fans need to have a reality check - how many english and aussie player did BPL have in its first tournament again?
Old December 17, 2012, 03:04 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
2) Yes I did mean well being, and I dont see why u are calling it a wrong context. To be more precise, I was just pointing out the bergaining chip that we can use (not allow Pak players at all even in Dhaka leagues, and thus deprive the Pakistan players of a possible source of income).
Because welfare ain't well being.
Old December 17, 2012, 03:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal

How is it so clear????
Did you or any fanatic cricket fans of bangladesh follow FBL T20 (Pakistan t20 league)??? BPL is a success because people like watching bangladeshi batsmen alongside international stars ( and those international stars can be from any country and not exclusive to pakistan).....
Old December 17, 2012, 03:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Because welfare ain't well being.
Thank you for that lesson, I did mention "I meant well being", and more importantly u understood what I meant... why argue for no good reason???
Old December 17, 2012, 03:31 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
How is it so clear????
Did you or any fanatic cricket fans of bangladesh follow FBL T20 (Pakistan t20 league)???
No. FBL and SL T20 tournament was not close to BPL. And in top of that, no Bangladeshi played in FBL. So there no reason for BD fans to follow FBL. FBL and SL T20 both failed to complement IPL, only BPL showed potential.... And its due to mutiple reason...BD market ... and PAK palyers played a role making it more interesting and penetrating PAK market.

Quote:
BPL is a success because people like watching bangladeshi batsmen alongside international stars ( and those international stars can be from any country and not exclusive to pakistan).....
Sure... BD people have a role and a huge market to fill in the fist place.

Sure those international stars can be from any country to make a success (theoritically speaking). But the reality is it was predominately PAk players who filled up the majority of the international players ... no single other country had that many players in this tournament. Why was that? Whether you like it or not.... there was a reason for that. Its all about supply and demand and price and quality , marketability of player in the target market and restirction imposed by their board(e.g. Indian players).
Old December 17, 2012, 03:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

Quote:

A sales process that starts with black mailing the other party and giving a damn about human lives is a pathetic sales process. If that seems to be a good negotiation to you than you need a morality check before questioning others' understanding of the issue.
Old December 17, 2012, 04:01 PM
Banned

its a done deal, look at the auction list for BPL, full of Pakistani players and if you remove them, we can offically say our league is the worst. those morons can they not get players from Sri Lanka, I have not seen a single player from Sri Lanka... why??