facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 27, 2018, 08:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
Warner seems to dimwitted to be in politics lol
He looks like a typical high school stereotype white kid that always thinking with their fists not their heads.

Our football team/ rugby team is full of players like Warner.

That was actually pretty rac

Old March 27, 2018, 11:03 PM
Club Cricketer

According to reports, the bad blood between Warner and his teammates may be impossible for the Aussie cricket team to overcome.According to The Courier-Mail’s Robert Craddock, the anger from Aussie cricketers towards Warner is a response to testimony the star opener reportedly gave Cricket Australia’s integrity unit investigators which claimed the bowling unit of Mitchell Starc, Josh Hazlewood, Pat Cummins and Nathan Lyon were aware of the ball tampering plot.
http://www.news.com.au/sport/cricket...9fbed961450e8f

Looks like Smith volunteered to be the fall guy in the face of Warner's testimony. Getting murkier than a clogged up Dunny. Warner's not my cobber either; but I think there's a back story which is being covered up.

regards
Siraj
Old March 27, 2018, 11:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Australia is the new pakistan.

First they b**** about not getting enough pay from their board.. gonna stop playing blah blah then they get caught tampering.

IPL banning them would be the next step for them to be fully Pakistanis.

------------------------

Random thoughts:
IPL has poor integrity. They have such power but they rarely punish international players for indiscretion. For ex: i thought there would be coordinated effort not to bid for Ben Stokes after he was in news for brawl/mocking dsiabled kids - nope. didn't happen. Gayle/other West indian players with female harrasment issues - still gets picked... Now both smith and warner will most likely keep playing for IPL. If ipl pulls away from their contract - its' gonna hurt. that's 2 million a year each. OUCH!!!
Old March 28, 2018, 12:52 AM
Club Cricketer

IPL is a money making venture mate, and they wont touch their key investments. Just a slap on the wrist is the most that is expected anyway. Remains to be seen if CA does more than just lip service.

regards
Siraj
Old March 28, 2018, 12:58 AM
Club Cricketer

AFL is number one anyway in OZ. This scandal could push Cricket further down the rung. AFL Footy season has just begun and Cricket like always will gradually take a back seat as the season progresses.

regards,
Siraj
Old March 28, 2018, 03:11 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Just heard smith and Warner have apparently been given 12 month bans.
Old March 28, 2018, 03:28 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: ABD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheikh_Saheb
AFL is number one anyway in OZ. This scandal could push Cricket further down the rung. AFL Footy season has just begun and Cricket like always will gradually take a back seat as the season progresses.

regards,
Siraj
Still Cricket is their most popular sport if you consider 'representing the country'. In Australia, they enjoy AFL regionally but taking pride for the country in sports generally take place in cricket mostly. My aussie friend said once that In Australia, when you say 'Australia's captain', it generally points towards the cricket captain..not soccer, volleyball etc. In that sense Cricket is Australias national sport, bigger than AFL and more loved and respected..

Yes they aren't crazy about cricket like we desis. But it isn't as low as you are supposing. Your example of choice is more equivalent to England, where Football is too high for Cricket where sometimes even rugby is more adhered..

Go TIGERS GO...
Old March 28, 2018, 04:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
Just heard smith and Warner have apparently been given 12 month bans.
Honestly I think its a bit OTT. The same "message" would have been sent with a 6-8 months ban. But then again, I'm not Australian so it's upto their fans to decide.

Just checked the dates, and if the ban is as of today, both should still be available for WC 2019. But at what form after going so long without any int'l games, who knows?
Old March 28, 2018, 04:50 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mash, Mushy

Cricket Australia is a disgrace.

Sutherlands must be sacked immediately and the ludicrous suspensions overturned. What a f###ing overreaction. Australian news media are also another bunch of d#ckheads making a mountain out of a molehill, just like the Chris Gayle BBL incident.
Old March 28, 2018, 04:57 AM
ODI Cricketer

Reason why it may be ott is becayse in straya, sports people are held in very high esteem, higher than probably academics and philanthropists, entreprenuers etc. This sacntity applies to any sport in Straya. More sports proplr have probably been nominated for aust of the year award than any profession.

Cricket australia will face outrage, from politicians givt groups and corp sponsors of they don't put their foot down.

A fair sentence is very debateable here n ca much rather err on side of too harsh than pay the thr price for too linient.
Old March 28, 2018, 06:27 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna
Still Cricket is their most popular sport if you consider 'representing the country'. In Australia, they enjoy AFL regionally but taking pride for the country in sports generally take place in cricket mostly. My aussie friend said once that In Australia, when you say 'Australia's captain', it generally points towards the cricket captain..not soccer, volleyball etc. In that sense Cricket is Australias national sport, bigger than AFL and more loved and respected..

Yes they aren't crazy about cricket like we desis. But it isn't as low as you are supposing. Your example of choice is more equivalent to England, where Football is too high for Cricket where sometimes even rugby is more adhered..
Aussie here mate(from Richmond,Melbourne), and I can tell you for sure, AFL is king. Cricket is important don't get me wrong. But there's the Ashes and the WC and there's other games and tourneys. The current tampering shenanigans are a temporary distraction. Folks are back to being busy tipping and betting on Footy games myself included.

Its AFL, Cricket, NRL, Tennis roughly. But once the AFL and NRL season come to a close Cricket rules the roost.

regards
Siraj
Old March 28, 2018, 06:45 AM
Test Cricketer

Certainly an ott reaction for something that apparently everyone has been doing. 12 months is way too long. In another country it would have been a 5 test match ban at the max. And why banning them from playing IPL? That's 2 million loss for each. They already lost enough. Lost captaincy forever, ICC fined 1 match fee, banned from another, lost sponsorships. But the jealous journos and their pommy buddies still want more heads.
Old March 28, 2018, 06:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5tonne
Certainly an ott reaction for something that apparently everyone has been doing. 12 months is way too long. In another country it would have been a 5 test match ban at the max. And why banning them from playing IPL? That's 2 million loss for each. They already lost enough. Lost captaincy forever, ICC fined 1 match fee, banned from another, lost sponsorships. But the jealous journos and their pommy buddies still want more heads.
Bcci banned them from ipl

Who's been sanding the ball down?

This isn't mint saliva or something like that is it

1 year too long I agree for Smith, Bancroft should have for few games and Smith 6 months, Warner the one year

Old March 28, 2018, 07:50 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger1000
Bcci banned them from ipl

Who's been sanding the ball down?

This isn't mint saliva or something like that is it

1 year too long I agree for Smith, Bancroft should have for few games and Smith 6 months, Warner the one year
BCCI didn't ban them until CA handed their decisions. If CA said they would be allowed to play in franchise leagues BCCI wouldn't bother. After all, it's IPL, where corruption breeds.

People had bit the ball before, rubbed against zipper, scrambled seam with fingernails. This was a failed attempt anyway. The shape of the ball wasn't changed. And they were just trying to change the shape of the ball. They would still require to execute their skills to make the ball swing and bat & field well to WIN. Not very similar to taking money from bookies to delibaretly loose. The punishment though has been of similar extent.

I am not saying it wasn't a crime but the punishment doesn't fit the crime. CA just tried to appease media and sponsors. Now they will lose the India series at home, the WC and the Ashes.
ICC's punishment plus removing from captaincy was adequate in my opinion. They were going to lose millions in sponsorship deals anyway.

Now that the bar is raised so high, we will wait and see what happens when a player from another country gets caught with ball tampering.
Old March 28, 2018, 08:31 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: ABD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheikh_Saheb
Aussie here mate(from Richmond,Melbourne), and I can tell you for sure, AFL is king. Cricket is important don't get me wrong. But there's the Ashes and the WC and there's other games and tourneys. The current tampering shenanigans are a temporary distraction. Folks are back to being busy tipping and betting on Footy games myself included.

Its AFL, Cricket, NRL, Tennis roughly. But once the AFL and NRL season come to a close Cricket rules the roost.

regards
Siraj
You didn't get my point mate. I wrote AFL is the most popular sports there, but it's still a local sport. It doesn't carry any representatives for Australia in international arena. And cricket is never a spectator sport. Even in our country, a village field soccer matches draws more people than Dhaka premiere league final. By choice of 'most popular' sport AFL is no.1. But Australia is not a single sport country(compared to Bangladesh and Cricket) and Australians support almost all sports played in the country. But in this case, Cricket is a premier summer sport and is considered a National Sport as it enjoys equal popularity in all states of the country. It's the most participated sport here and the second most popular sports by choice. I am not opposing AFL is the most popular sport there but the the notion that( you wrote as if) the cheating incident is insignificant to one sports lover Aussies day to day life because of the anticipations for the upcoming AFL season. That's wrong.

By the way my Dulavhai is from Australia. I have gone there once too..

Go TIGERS GO...
Old March 28, 2018, 09:42 AM
Test Cricketer

What's more impressive is Smith taking the blame. If this was any subcon country, they would have thrown the youngest player under the bus. The leadership group would have denied any involvement. His honesty in midst of the scandal is quite impressive.

Let's face it ball tampering is common in cricket. Literally every team has done it just within the past 3 years. The more serious nature of this offence is because it was premeditated. If Smith didn't admit to any wrongdoings, Bancroft would probably have gotten a match ban, that would be it.
Old March 28, 2018, 10:00 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Well at least Australia have a solid skipper now in Tim Paine.
Old March 28, 2018, 10:04 AM
Test Cricketer

I'd really miss us playing against Warner and Smith when Bangladesh tour Australia in September. Our first (real) overseas test win would have been even more sweet had they been playing.

Now this will be a cakewalk.
Old March 28, 2018, 10:08 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon4567
I'd really miss us playing against Warner and Smith when Bangladesh tour Australia in September. Our first (real) overseas test win would have been even more sweet had they been playing.

If Smith were to play, he would have made his triple-century; with the form he is in.
Old March 28, 2018, 11:42 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:

Lmao what
Old March 28, 2018, 11:45 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:

first stop your moonwalk and come down to earth brother lol!
Old March 28, 2018, 11:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5tonne
BCCI didn't ban them until CA handed their decisions. If CA said they would be allowed to play in franchise leagues BCCI wouldn't bother. After all, it's IPL, where corruption breeds.

People had bit the ball before, rubbed against zipper, scrambled seam with fingernails. This was a failed attempt anyway. The shape of the ball wasn't changed. And they were just trying to change the shape of the ball. They would still require to execute their skills to make the ball swing and bat & field well to WIN. Not very similar to taking money from bookies to delibaretly loose. The punishment though has been of similar extent.

I am not saying it wasn't a crime but the punishment doesn't fit the crime. CA just tried to appease media and sponsors. Now they will lose the India series at home, the WC and the Ashes.
ICC's punishment plus removing from captaincy was adequate in my opinion. They were going to lose millions in sponsorship deals anyway.

Now that the bar is raised so high, we will wait and see what happens when a player from another country gets caught with ball tampering.
agree with this. IPL/BCCI wouldn't have done anytihng if CA didn't do much. This is probably over the top. But it's understable. they had to differentiate themselves from Pakistan.
Old March 28, 2018, 11:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
If Smith didn't admit to any wrongdoings, Bancroft would probably have gotten a match ban, that would be it.
this probably would be true temporarily until CA would decide to ban Bancroft for life and he would start ratting out (without any choice) his captain and vice captain. ICC was never the problem here. It was cricket australia.

And Why the president of australia making comments on this.. He should run his country and not make comments on sport events.
Old March 28, 2018, 11:57 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Punishment isn't severe enough. I would've given a 2 year ban to both. They should've known better anyway. Poor stuff. Australia Cricket is just being laughed at.
Old March 28, 2018, 11:59 AM
Cricket Legend

IPL bans these two but still pays 2 millions for Ben stokes after he knocks ppl out in Bar and mocks a disabled kid on tv. Character of the highest paying international sensation in ipl