facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old September 8, 2020, 11:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Woke up today, saw red, got excited. Got ready for trade. Waited to sniff the nasdaq reversal...

bought two stocks.

1. Paleton at 80
2. Nikola at 46s.

Still holding Paleton. But messed up nikola trade.. after buying.. it rose up quickly so thought great it's working and then started going down to my bought price.. closed position. and then through the rest of the day.. regret it. though i would have closed the position today regardless. Had I bought maybe few mins earlier at lower price wouldn't have closed maybe. Day trading is hard, one bad trade and trying to get out of red is difficult.

Old September 8, 2020, 11:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Weird i can't see my last posts.. i feel like i put two posts ---but can't see any.
Old September 9, 2020, 10:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Today's trade for me:

bought back apple, amzn (more amazon - plan is to add if it drops from here on),
initiated paypal,
bought more mastercard, uber,
Old September 10, 2020, 08:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Good mornign all,
the real question for me today is whether or not I should lock in profit from my paleton trade this morning or wait and risk huge downside till earnings after market close.
Old September 10, 2020, 03:18 PM
Cricket Legend

So I didn't lock in profit this AM when it opened higher.. at 98, resisted selling... knew earnings would crush. Result earnings did crush but stock has gone up so much.. - end result for stock price not here or there. Same where it was.

ah well took a chance.
Old September 14, 2020, 03:02 PM
Cricket Savant

i wunder wat bradley cooper thinks of this thread...

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old September 14, 2020, 03:17 PM
Cricket Legend

day trading can be stressful.
anyways today closed my fedex position with 49% gain. I again think they will have + surprise tomorrow but given how much the stock has ran, playing safe - locking in profits. I can always get back in albeit at higher price if rquired.

Don't laugh but opened tesla position. Doing pretty good so far. Will close quickly .. but i think if for some bad news tsla ever tanks massively , i would create long term position on it to hold over next 10 years. Electric vehicle and power storage is the shift next two decades... If you believe in science and the danger of global warming - this is a no brainer... this renewal clear energy shift wont happen in a year but over 2 decades - and tesla is the leading the way...

its just tesla is not a 500B company yet.. far from it. but i would add position at market cap of 100, 200, 300B.
Old September 15, 2020, 10:05 AM
Cricket Legend

damn, my tesla share got taken away.. lol Had a sell order at 445. Gone in a whiff. Had bougt it at 388. 3 trading sessions.

should have put it at 450 instead.. nothing is impossible.
Old September 15, 2020, 04:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
anyways today closed my fedex position with 49% gain. I again think they will have + surprise tomorrow but given how much the stock has ran, playing safe - locking in profits. I can always get back in albeit at higher price if rquired.
ofcourse the one I decide to sell is gonna skyrocket post earnings report. Never fails I hate leaving money on table specially when I am bullish, investing not gambling/day trading.
Old September 15, 2020, 04:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Snowflake (SNOW) will debut tomorrow . If anyone is interested playing ipo game. This cloud based data company is backed by Buffets company.
Old September 29, 2020, 02:39 PM
Cricket Legend

I had too much fun and pain in Aug/sept with all the trading. Now I am going back to my original way of doing things - lot of time spending researching and buying one or two companies for long term.

Palantir will debut tomorrow. It's a data mining security company with govt contracts. Founded by Peter Thiel. Even though they still lose money after 17 years of being in business, I still find the company appealing for what it does and because it is backed by Mr. Thiel. Ability to use big data via AI in a predictive model is what will keep nations secured against both domestic and international threat. I will try to own this for long haul if the price is right.

I opened position in Albemarle corporation yesterday as part of my copper demand play. With Electric vehicles poised to saturate our streets over next decade, lithium demand is poised to grow 20% or year over year. While it is hard to predict which company would benefit the most as Tesla wants to also mine its own lithium, but regardless , Tesla would only be a part of the EV revolution.. other EV vehicles will need lithium also and Tesla will not be the only electric car on the road. Long term play.
Old October 12, 2020, 09:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Buying the dip has worked very well for this market over past few years. Most of the stock I sold in beginning of sept in that minicrash recovered and gained extensively.

I completely F up Fdx, i think it appreciated 50% more after i had sold. Trying to be too cute timing. One of the stock i wasn't quick enough to get back in - it did dip couple of days after earning again.

anyways Albemarle doing well. Bought some Palantir. Also bought some Goos (the canadian premium jacket company) which also doing well since purchase.

I always get this feeling of disappointment... Looking at the pile of cash on sidelines .. I have to learn how to check this emotion because holding cash is also part of smart investing. Maybe. Historically election year has always been positive stock market year regardless of who wins.
Old October 12, 2020, 12:28 PM
Cricket Legend

that's an incredible lift by Apple. Astounding!!! A company with market cap of 2 trillion dollars moved a whopping 6% in a day. that's almost change of 120 billion dollars in valuation in matter of half a day if my math is correct. amazing if you think about it.
Old October 12, 2020, 02:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

I studied this company for 8 month AG Barr Plc (soft drink company based in Scotland).

Only country in the world where coca/pepsi do not dominate in terms of sales/volume.

They have such a great moat (for decades). I was fully ready to invest in this company. My criteria was that If it went to 12/13 times earnings multiples, I will buy. I did all the research, I concluded that it was cheap based on valuations/historical earnings/pe/discount to cash etc). The fundamentals + balance sheet etc is exceptional for this company.

A company that has been profitable continuously for over 20+ years. They exceeded expectation during the last recession, and did superbly in comparison to other soft drink companies.

So what happen? it went to 13 times earnings (a month ago)? what did I do? nothing.

it's trading at 25 times earnings now.

It takes courage to trust yourself..... sadly....
Old October 12, 2020, 02:13 PM
Cricket Legend

I am quite disappointed at some of the post here. I see most post are more of gamblers way of investing sadly. This kind of thought process or approach to investing will hurt in the long run.

Buy companies that you can't lose... look for the huge safety of margin....(yes.. you may have to wait patiently for long time). But... what on earth are people doing buying companies? where they can't even explain the valuations??
Old October 12, 2020, 02:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Woke up today, saw red, got excited. Got ready for trade. Waited to sniff the nasdaq reversal...

bought two stocks.

1. Paleton at 80
2. Nikola at 46s.

Still holding Paleton. But messed up nikola trade.. after buying.. it rose up quickly so thought great it's working and then started going down to my bought price.. closed position. and then through the rest of the day.. regret it. though i would have closed the position today regardless. Had I bought maybe few mins earlier at lower price wouldn't have closed maybe. Day trading is hard, one bad trade and trying to get out of red is difficult.
Thank your lucky stars that you sold Nikola. I am pretty sure you knew nothing about this company... and went with the hype... oh electric car is the future...since it's going up.. and there's some good news going around let me go in?

If I asked you to give me a break down of how you came up with this companies valuation, I think you would struggle.
Old October 12, 2020, 02:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportingBD
Thank your lucky stars that you sold Nikola. I am pretty sure you knew nothing about this company... and went with the hype... oh electric car is the future...since it's going up.. and there's some good news going around let me go in?

If I asked you to give me a break down of how you came up with this companies valuation, I think you would struggle.
Did you read my post? I clearly wrote "I would have closed the position today regardless". That was a day trade stock. It was not an investment. You can go back to hundreds of posts of mine in the past and I always favor buying the cream of the crop or in your fancy terms companies with "great moat". from electric cars i would have favored tesla over anything but again i reiterated multiple x tesla is over valued at current levels.

So when i get things right thank my lucky star. Perfect analysis. The fact is I SOLD it - if i thought it was a good hold i would have held it like i held peloton. Don't be a moron.
Old October 12, 2020, 02:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I studied this company for 8 month AG Barr Plc (soft drink company based in Scotland).

Only country in the world where coca/pepsi do not dominate in terms of sales/volume.

They have such a great moat (for decades). I was fully ready to invest in this company. My criteria was that If it went to 12/13 times earnings multiples, I will buy. I did all the research, I concluded that it was cheap based on valuations/historical earnings/pe/discount to cash etc). The fundamentals + balance sheet etc is exceptional for this company.

A company that has been profitable continuously for over 20+ years. They exceeded expectation during the last recession, and did superbly in comparison to other soft drink companies.

So what happen? it went to 13 times earnings (a month ago)? what did I do? nothing.

See this post sounds very smart but the result is a very poor one. This company i am gonna guess also is a dividend paying company. You are researching a company like cocacola that ppl buy for dividend and somewhat of a hedge to massive losss in a market downturn and after all that u still hadn't pull the trigger . Do you even know why the stock went up all of a sudden? is it the market apprication that caused it to go up and did anything actually change.

Just knowing how to read a balance sheet is simply one component of investing. Stop pretending you are smarter than us when you still don't completely get it.

Even for years, I tried telling u to automate ur investing to get this emotional aspect out but u don't wanna listen because u known everything. At least I understand my limitations and work around it. And you would have been a perfect person for stock investing... convservative and not reckless (most new investor lean toward penny high fly stocks) but there is a clear lack of foresight that unfortunately u can't see urself.
Old October 12, 2020, 02:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Did you read my post? I clearly wrote "I would have closed the position today regardless". That was a day trade stock. It was not an investment. You can go back to hundreds of posts of mine in the past and I always favor buying the cream of the crop or in your fancy terms companies with "great moat". from electric cars i would have favored tesla over anything but again i reiterated multiple x tesla is over valued at current levels.

So when i get things right thank my lucky star. Perfect analysis. The fact is I SOLD it - if i thought it was a good hold i would have held it like i held peloton. Don't be a moron.
It's not about getting few right and few wrong... it's just your overall thought process in investing is very poor.... if people followed your post over the years on this thread.. the likes of uber etc recommendations lol... any fool can match your average performance annualised.
Old October 12, 2020, 02:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Do you want me to pick cocacola as the company to day trade? Do you see how stupid you sound? When I want to day trade (and if i am not using margin), i would want to pick a stock that has big swing, highly volatile and more importantly has massive volume - so i can close in milliseconds. Regardless of how shitty a company might be or wehther or not they make any product or whether or not they have any intrinsic value as an asset class (like bitcoin) - it would be a good day trade stock.

You are hung up on one aspect of investing that you somewhat understand - value investing. Not even that - u just learned to read balance sheet that's it.
Old October 12, 2020, 02:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
See this post sounds very smart but the result is a very poor one. This company i am gonna guess also is a dividend paying company. You are researching a company like cocacola that ppl buy for dividend and somewhat of a hedge to massive losss in a market downturn and after all that u still hadn't pull the trigger . Do you even know why the stock went up all of a sudden? is it the market apprication that caused it to go up and did anything actually change.

Just knowing how to read a balance sheet is simply one component of investing. Stop pretending you are smarter than us when you still don't completely get it.

Even for years, I tried telling u to automate ur investing to get this emotional aspect out but u don't wanna listen because u known everything. At least I understand my limitations and work around it. And you would have been a perfect person for stock investing... convservative and not reckless (most new investor lean toward penny high fly stocks) but there is a clear lack of foresight that unfortunately u can't see urself.
I respect some of the members that post here: they actually understand investing and have excellent thought process and good grasp of business valuations etc...

You can't include yourself in that group sadly.

I am not putting you down, but I worry for you. How many years have you invested bro? what's your annualised return over 10 years? be honest.
Old October 12, 2020, 03:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
It's not about getting few right and few wrong... it's just your overall thought process in investing is very poor.... if people followed your post over the years on this thread.. the likes of uber etc recommendations lol... any fool can match your average performance annualised.
if ppl bought the stocks i touted over the years, they would have beaten the market hansomelessly over past decade and have something to show for.

I have uber. I am still even, not at loss. And it didn't work out. wht's ur point. there will be stocks i will lose money on. Like boeng. But i also own apple, amazon, mastercard, paypal, facebook, snapchat for years now.. what's your point? .. should i bring out my epic 2013 post LOL - even tesla was mentioned there as best stocks to own.

Don't be so bitter dude. Hindsight is always 20/20. Now everything is obvious to you. It wasn't so obvious when I been touting them for over a decade now... forget about individual stocks... always told ppl to buy into overall market years after years...

and u are still after so many years later saying the same thing... now when market crashes 20 percent u will be like yeah.. see it was overvalued but it has gain 400% then crashed 20.

Even after all these years i have the same emotional problem with market (albeit much less ) like most ppl but i tried to work around it and try not to get left behind.
Old October 12, 2020, 03:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I respect some of the members that post here: they actually understand investing and have excellent thought process and good grasp of business valuations etc...

You can't include yourself in that group sadly.

I am not putting you down, but I worry for you. How many years have you invested bro? what's your annualised return over 10 years? be honest.
My annualized return is certainly higher than yours which is at zero percent for you. Please don't worry for me, I think i will be fine. LOL
Old October 12, 2020, 05:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

The thing is thanks to internet I can also look up any company. You have studied this company for 8 moths. Which means you would be interested in this POS during february. The stock price went down from a high of 900 pounds to about 600. And it had lost another 50% since u showed interest..

Comparing sales in 2019 to 2020, the company had 9% drop in revenue , 17% drop in net income. And worse from 2017 onwards their operating margin has decreased each year til 2020 showing beverage is not an easy business to scale given how many players are there. Their market is only scotland and england - and cocacola and pepsi are still the dominating players in those market. The beverage sector in England is poised to rise only by 4% till 2023.. with ppl being more and more health conscience - sugarys, calorie stricken drinks will not be the driver of sales growth. The growth maybe in healthier drinks however the right drinks require millions of dollars in research and R&D that a company like Cocacola or pepsi can take on but not the smaller ones.

Forget about the fundementals, then you have to look at the technicals. the chart looks terrible over the past 2 years.. it's on downward trajectory. You think a compnay with decreasing sales even prior to the pandemic, decreasing operating margin year over year with a projected stagnant growth for beverage consumption in a limited market is a good company to invest in?? Not to mention the pandemic lockdown would create further decrease in sales....
And a chart that looks like on a death spiral?

It's very easy to talk crap in a forum - writing a post that conveniently skips on the problems that u researched fo 8 months - that took me 5 mins to look to come up with all the problems...

i would consider buying a company like this if it was in a different sector that i see massive growth in. Or even if i thought the market price is so beaten, just the reopneing will cause sales to normalize again but how long do I have to wait for it? There are 100s of thousands of stocks... there is opportunity cost of money that I can invest into a differnt sector that i think would recover faster or do well in pandemic.

U see all thse thoughts i go by in each single stock i buy or sell - but if I write everything here i would have to spend hours writing all that... why exactly would i do that? I literally spent more time writing this post than it took me to look up your POS company.

you spent 8 month researching a stock yet u still don't have full grasp over it or the sector and here lecturing me how I don't understand anything.

You: ZERO RETURN PAST 10 YEARS!!!

and regarding this company you can't arbitrarily pick the lowest point in a graph HINDSIGHT and say you would have made money. U probably would have bought it 900 I am pretty sure with that stellar brain of yours.
Old October 13, 2020, 05:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
The thing is thanks to internet I can also look up any company. You have studied this company for 8 moths. Which means you would be interested in this POS during february. The stock price went down from a high of 900 pounds to about 600. And it had lost another 50% since u showed interest..

Comparing sales in 2019 to 2020, the company had 9% drop in revenue , 17% drop in net income. And worse from 2017 onwards their operating margin has decreased each year til 2020 showing beverage is not an easy business to scale given how many players are there. Their market is only scotland and england - and cocacola and pepsi are still the dominating players in those market. The beverage sector in England is poised to rise only by 4% till 2023.. with ppl being more and more health conscience - sugarys, calorie stricken drinks will not be the driver of sales growth. The growth maybe in healthier drinks however the right drinks require millions of dollars in research and R&D that a company like Cocacola or pepsi can take on but not the smaller ones.

Forget about the fundementals, then you have to look at the technicals. the chart looks terrible over the past 2 years.. it's on downward trajectory. You think a compnay with decreasing sales even prior to the pandemic, decreasing operating margin year over year with a projected stagnant growth for beverage consumption in a limited market is a good company to invest in?? Not to mention the pandemic lockdown would create further decrease in sales....
And a chart that looks like on a death spiral?

It's very easy to talk crap in a forum - writing a post that conveniently skips on the problems that u researched fo 8 months - that took me 5 mins to look to come up with all the problems...

i would consider buying a company like this if it was in a different sector that i see massive growth in. Or even if i thought the market price is so beaten, just the reopneing will cause sales to normalize again but how long do I have to wait for it? There are 100s of thousands of stocks... there is opportunity cost of money that I can invest into a differnt sector that i think would recover faster or do well in pandemic.

U see all thse thoughts i go by in each single stock i buy or sell - but if I write everything here i would have to spend hours writing all that... why exactly would i do that? I literally spent more time writing this post than it took me to look up your POS company.

you spent 8 month researching a stock yet u still don't have full grasp over it or the sector and here lecturing me how I don't understand anything.

You: ZERO RETURN PAST 10 YEARS!!!

and regarding this company you can't arbitrarily pick the lowest point in a graph HINDSIGHT and say you would have made money. U probably would have bought it 900 I am pretty sure with that stellar brain of yours.
You did not understand this company at all. So I don’t wish to continue.

At 12/13 times multiples: this company was cheap. It’s simple logic if you understood what you are talking about. 25 times multiples currently: its expensive.

I don’t need your silly analysis where you don’t even know how to look for value.