facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old September 2, 2007, 09:16 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Time to think about Tamim. We should try any one instead of him agaisnt Uganda. He is consistently failing. May be we will find another Nazim.

Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

mushi is a bit slower.. n riyad i don't know..he has some problem in bowling??
Club Cricketer

dhur..ei thread er shob user cricket er kisui buzhe na...ami ar ki likhbo eikhaen..shobay team re blame kore....dat is not good..be supportive..T20 te Bd ekbare nw..ar pakistan er moto eklta team er moto team er kase erchewe ar beshi ki expect korte pari..ami jani na..20 overs e 161 ...itz a mouth watering total..If Bd can repeat dis same performance thn we ill just win a match against SA or WI..n i m daammm sure abt dat...
Old September 2, 2007, 09:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder
the turning point of today's match is Ash runout. If it was another 40+ score from Ash today, we would've made it!
no even if ash did that the other stupid batters would had scored ducks.
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

disappointing, when a young new player had a great game against SHoib, Asif....., other established sucked, cant believe, if another player could contributed , we would have won.
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

We will win the Final inshallah!!!
Old September 2, 2007, 09:18 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imtiazk
In the shorter forms of the game , they have improved. Rasel and Razzak are class acts. Aftab, Ashraful can be deadly in ODI situations. Nazim appears to be good. Where was he all this time ?
he was with the A team.. he was playing well for last 1 or 2 yrs.. but didnt get the nod from the selector.. he has best FC average in the team..

well now he got the nod.. n im sure we will see him in both test n odi at no.3..regularly..
Old September 2, 2007, 09:19 AM
Cricket Sage

whos is the MoM?

nazim or afridi??
Old September 2, 2007, 09:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahsin Chowdhury
dhur..ei thread er shob user cricket er kisui buzhe na...ami ar ki likhbo eikhaen..shobay team re blame kore....dat is not good..be supportive..T20 te Bd ekbare nw..ar pakistan er moto eklta team er moto team er kase erchewe ar beshi ki expect korte pari..ami jani na..20 overs e 161 ...itz a mouth watering total..If Bd can repeat dis same performance thn we ill just win a match against SA or WI..n i m daammm sure abt dat...
how much more can we stand tell me after the wc we didnt win a single match,we cant stand it anymore loss after loss this will go for ever .
Old September 2, 2007, 09:20 AM
ODI Cricketer

we should have junaid instead of mahmudullah
Old September 2, 2007, 09:20 AM
Cricket Legend

After 40 overs, it was really Imran's onslaught that took the game away from us. Mashrafe bowling short [ cricinfo ] for 3 overs did it. No plan B in bowling may also have contributed. It appears buying wicket with Ashraful's leggies is now official policy. Is he more accurate tahn Alok ? Why not bowl two overs each and spread the risk !!
Old September 2, 2007, 09:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by muradnyc
he was with the A team.. he was playing well for last 1 or 2 yrs.. but didnt get the nod from the selector.. he has best FC average in the team..

well now he got the nod.. n im sure we will see him in both test n odi at no.3..regularly..
Well I blame it on Faruque and co. After all, Faruque did not want too many prospective openers , did he for family reasons.
Old September 2, 2007, 09:22 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbassist
Well T20 cricket is different from one day cricket. I've watched regular games at the Oval, and with the bowling, accuracy is far more important than speed. With the batting, running between the wickets, turning singles into 2s is as important as pitch hitting the ball, but you've got to place it right.

How can you say they are not trying? Can you see or hear the game? With few wickets remaining the better option is to get singles than to lose wickets. In what is at most for some players their 3rd ever T20 match, and the first against a stronger side, it has been alright since we didn't get battered. We didn't lose all our wickets, we were set a feasible target that was in reach for around 15 overs. Nazimuddin produced another strong innings. Ashraful took wickets, Rasel and Razzak were miserly with their bowling.

Stop being overly critical!
Very rational thoughts. I agree, bro. But Tamim is a pain. We need to try Junaid in his place against Uganda to see if he can do better than him.

Last edited by zia; September 2, 2007 at 09:28 AM..
Old September 2, 2007, 09:22 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

It's ok. We just need to play more as a team. The pitches in South Africa will be bouncier, so we should take that into account as well. A few changes in the line up, and we should have a decent side. Pakistan was never going to be easy, and this was a warm up. The main stage awaits.
Old September 2, 2007, 09:23 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

I am glad that we've found someone who can push Tamim and Nafees in ODIs. I am glad that this kid is only 21 years old. He's already showed his potential and temparament. Now, its time for him to take this to the next level in ODIs.
Old September 2, 2007, 09:23 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Well, look on the bright side , we have one more guy perhaps to pick the final 11 [ in any format ]. I still have only 7/8 automatic choices.

One more point: if the captain has no confidence in Riyad bowling or for that matter Mushfiq batting [ in a 20/20 ] why were they picked ? You are not telling me that Riyad was picked for his batting and Mushfiq for his keeping ?
Alok is expensive, being a flighty strike bowler and all, and was quite so in the NCL's List A matches. But I wonder why Ash has no faith in Riyad's bowling? Based on Riyad's one match "success", I see him in trying for a place in ODIs and possibly test cricket someday. It would appear that T20 is clearly not his thing.

It's time Junaed is brought into the mix instead of Riyad and Zia instead of Farhad at least for the Uganda match, bat Aftab at 6 or 7, and see what happens. Farhad was brought into the team for his ability to hit 6s down the order, and I'm not sure if he even tried to do that today. A decent strike rate not helping the situation on the pitch is BS. The expensive and subsequently costly wickets notwithstanding, his bowling continues to be a joke alongside the sitters he tends to drop at every level.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; September 2, 2007 at 09:30 AM..
Old September 2, 2007, 09:24 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahsin Chowdhury
May be u are right, Pak is as new as BD in 20/20 cricket.

Unfortunately you picked two teams to win against, who has the maximum experience of 20/20 cricket. Have regular 20/20 domestic tournaments.
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Ashraful may have grabbed three today, but he's really not a bowler. We should give Kapali a few overs, and if Riyad's not bowling, then replace him with Junaid or Nadif.
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhrubo
Ash yes, but also Aftab. 40 runs between them at their pace could have done it, maybe. It was a tall order after Imran and Younis's onslaught.
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Well I blame it on Faruque and co. After all, Faruque did not want too many prospective openers , did he for family reasons.
nazim is not an opener. he always played at N0.3 in both version of the game..

but surprisingly, hes playing as an opener in the 20/20.. n doing good.
Old September 2, 2007, 09:25 AM
ODI Cricketer

100 after 10 overs and 161 after 20 oers. This is not acceptable.
Old September 2, 2007, 09:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by oporajeyo_bangla
we should have junaid instead of mahmudullah
no even if we did that it would still be the same,these players are stupid.
Old September 2, 2007, 09:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhrubo
Bro, I know that you are angry and so am I. It is extermely frusterating to see a team lose so often but it will get better. 10 years ago, we were an associate member. Now we can actually compete with teams like India, South Africa and SriLanka in ODI's. Test is a different story. But bro just be patient. We found another solid player inshallah in Nazimuddin. In 5-10 years, we will be a team that wins matches regularly but for now just enjoy watching the matches without having big expectations.
Old September 2, 2007, 09:26 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
May be u are right, Pak is as new as BD in 20/20 cricket.

Unfortunately you picked two teams to win against, who has the maximum experience of 20/20 cricket. Have regular 20/20 domestic tournaments.
pak is not new in 20/20 cricket.. they had lot of domestic comptetions for last 2 yrs..
Old September 2, 2007, 09:27 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

I can't wait to see the final bulletin which is "Nazimuddin blasts 50-ball 81" not posted yet on cricinfo!