facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old December 16, 2007, 03:22 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mushi, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by jisaan
Tigercricket report

HAMILTON: Bangladesh’s match-preparation on the tour of New Zealand got off to ... snip
Please stop posting the whole article. A link is fine, even better a gist. Anybody can follow link and read the whole story if he wishes.

Old December 16, 2007, 03:51 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell, aftab ahmed

i agree as a warm up game the result is not that important. however losing all the warm ups will be. as others have pointed out this is a pretty poor club side and nz seamers are not eaxactly the fastest in the world!
Old December 16, 2007, 03:52 PM
Test Cricketer

also tushar is going some way to be dropped b4 his 1st game. he certainly shouldn't be batting at 3! far too high...
Old December 16, 2007, 03:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Russel being down is a bummer... it means now Shahadat will have to be in the final 11. It cant e Sajid or Dollar.. they are too inexperienced to play ODIS against oppostion like NZ. Russel was one of the key players.
Old December 16, 2007, 04:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzfan
subcontinent teams suffer in New Zealand

http://content-www.cricinfo.com/ci/c...tch/64134.html

don't feel too disheartened
Exactly! my own words, if a strong team like SL can suffer a defeat like this with their batting and bowling, I dont know what our poor lads will do. Anyhow, after this year SL started to beat the Kiwis. Thy also beat them in Sri lanka in 2005 without Murali.

Just read in the daily star that one of the pace bowlers from the standby team will be flown to NZ, they have 3 in mind, tomorrow should know who it is. Sajidul Islam. Mahmudullah and Dollar. but I think it will be Sajidul. With that type of injury, Rasel cannot play for the rest of the tour.

Last edited by zainab; December 16, 2007 at 04:23 PM..
Old December 16, 2007, 06:29 PM
Cricket Legend

The real loss in this match is Rasel. That could have a huge effect on our bowling attack...
Old December 16, 2007, 07:04 PM
ODI Cricketer

our top order will struggle in nz condition because of the type of players they are. aftab,ash,tamim will find it hard to score in seaming condition.tushar will choke like rokon,dont know how zunaid will react in international arena.so basically i am depending on mushfiq,sakib and tail enders.i cant see us score over 150-180 in odis and to me,that is understandable considering the condition.
so no hope,only wishing some good fight.
Old December 16, 2007, 07:26 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tareq Aziz

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_king
The real loss in this match is Rasel. That could have a huge effect on our bowling attack...
Yes, Shahdat is now our only fit pacer.
Old December 16, 2007, 07:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by zahid
Yes, Shahdat is now our only fit pacer.
What ABOUT Mash?
Old December 16, 2007, 09:02 PM
Cricket Guru

BTW, Mashrafe did get to meet Robinson (whose skull he cracked during the last tour), the Northern Districts batsman, in the match. I wonder what they said to each other.
Old December 17, 2007, 12:18 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
BTW, Mashrafe did get to meet Robinson (whose skull he cracked during the last tour), the Northern Districts batsman, in the match. I wonder what they said to each other.
How did you learn? Any link?
Old December 17, 2007, 12:22 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jisaan
add something more to your list:

Sanwar hossain in 2002 in Saf
Tushar .... lots of examples
Alok ... prior to t20 wc
ehsanul haque before 2003 wc

thanks for the info. so hope its not junaed's turn now. I want him to establish his place.
Old December 17, 2007, 12:26 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

next warm up match, my line up is

juaned
tamim
mushfiq
sakib
ashraful
aftab
farhad
mehrab jr
mashrafi
razzaq
shahadat
nazmul--as 12th man

Bd captain should rotate bowlers for more success, when he has option
Old December 17, 2007, 04:39 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_king
Think Rajib will be much more useful than Rasel in NZ conditions.
Old December 17, 2007, 04:56 AM
Cricket Sage

There is a concept amongst many in BD, 'Finale mere debo'. So ignore all previous exams/practices before the final, but finale mara aar hoy na.

Practice matches are definitely not for loosing, you need to have practice of winning as well. I am not at all angry on the team that they lost, but can't say 'Loosing is perfectly ok'. It is not at all OK.

Every loss needs to be closely looked at, to correct the lacks/mistakes.
Old December 17, 2007, 05:06 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Batting Order:

Lets assume that Mehrab is picked instead of Tushar for the first match. Then we'll have three openers. Now the question is which two will open? I think Tamim gets to open simply because he will not be useful in any other position in the batting order. Now the other spot I think should go to Mehrab as I believe he is the slowest among all our batsman. Opening will give him time to settle in and anchor one side of the innings. But then where will we put Zunaed? If lets say he scores like 30 and 40 in the next two practice matches which would mean he would have scored 140 odd runs in the three practice matches. Then how do you justify not playing him as the opener?

From his only footage i saw of Zunaed batting (in the 20/20) it looked like he is a much better player of spin bowling than Tamim is, therefore he should fit nicely in the middle overs (although as I write this i realize NZ doesn't have much spin option except vettori). Now number 3 is the most debatable position in my mind. If we put Zunaed here we'll have three left handers in a row, maybe not the most desirable option. Aftab will change up the dimension and will at least force the bowlers to adjust to the left-right combination. And I know there are arguments of playing Aftab at No.6 since he can potentially give us the big finish, I personally am more comfortable with an Aftab facing a hard new ball with the field up than an Aftab facing an old roughed up ball in the 35th over with the field spread against Vettori. This will also sandwich our slowest batter (mehrab) between our two most explosive ones (Tamim and Aftab).

No.4 should be Ashraful. Again just a personal opinion (feel free to argue) as I feel the best batsman in any team should bat at least in the top four. I think history supports that, and I want Ash in the middle for as long as possible.

Now we are left with No.5 and No.6 and Sakib and Zunaed. Now if either Aftab or Tamim are going guns blazing, or have given as an electrifying start (R.R. 6 +), then Sakib can go at No.4. Otherwise Ash goes at 4 as previously discussed.

From here I don't know what to do, playing neither Sakib nor Zunaed at number 6 makes any sense. Some people might want to see Mushfiq at number three but if Mehrab opens he should be able to do the work (which is stabilizing the innings i assume) that Mushfiq is predominantly sent in to do at the top of the order.

Lets hear some solutions people....
Old December 17, 2007, 05:30 AM
Cricket Sage

I am not sure, if tamim should open. Someone more stable should be in the openning slot. I agree with the idea that Aftab needs to be there during the fielding restrictions, but not sure if he can continue his usual kind of batting in NZ conditions. Hope he can adjust his game to the condition. Junaid should be in 3/4 not bellow, as he looks to be inform.
Old December 17, 2007, 07:19 AM
Test Cricketer

It's an interesting idea to have Mushfiq and Shakib bat higher up the order. perhaps we could drop tamim and try shakib as an opener? Either way I think aftab should bat at 3 and Ash at 4....
Old December 17, 2007, 07:29 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Only Ashraful & Me

When is next match?
is it tonight?
Old December 17, 2007, 07:57 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omio
When is next match?
is it tonight?
Yap! opened the match thread, hopefully we will bounce back.
Old December 17, 2007, 10:55 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Here's why Aftab should bat at #6 (other than the popular beliefs of him being a finisher and Mushfiq getting wasted at #6): After Tamim and Zunaed return to the dressing room after a blitzkrieg without the blitz, we'll probably be risking losing another one quickly if Aftab doesn't resist his temptations to go over the top while remaining indifferent to the situation in hand. We can't afford to have all of our first three go crazy. We could if only we were Australia or Sri Lanka or South Africa.
Old December 17, 2007, 12:15 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Here's why Aftab should bat at #6 (other than the popular beliefs of him being a finisher and Mushfiq getting wasted at #6): After Tamim and Zunaed return to the dressing room after a blitzkrieg without the blitz, we'll probably be risking losing another one quickly if Aftab doesn't resist his temptations to go over the top while remaining indifferent to the situation in hand. We can't afford to have all of our first three go crazy. We could if only we were Australia or Sri Lanka or South Africa.
We need at least 100 runs on the board after first 20 over, even if it costs 3 wickets. Since we're not Australia / South Africa, in case if both of our openers fail we are at a risk of scoring 80 or less runs in the first 20 overs. Having Aftab at #3 ensures better chance of maintaining good scoring rate, even if a couple wickets fall quickly.

If we want someone who can hold in the middle order together, send Mushfiq at #5. Unfortunately I don't see any place for Tushar in the batting lineup, except the #7 position.
Old December 17, 2007, 01:10 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

I don't see Tushar making it to the XI either, unless someone is terribly out of form.