facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old April 5, 2020, 11:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Guys can we stop talking about nonsense ?

I would like to know how is everyone doing . There has to be many of us here who get infected but I hope u all have mild symptoms ... It would be nice to know about our members here and how they are doing and how they are protecting themselves and their family.

Old April 5, 2020, 11:45 AM
Cricket Legend

This is what I do:

I exercise complete self quarantine eventhough I am not sick when I am not working. The only reason I go out is for food and i try to minimize it as much as possible. Wear masks (for universal protection - not for me), stay as far as poosible from ppl and try to get out of the store as soon as possible instead of lingering.

I barred anyone from coming to my house. Absolutely no one.

For work days, I go in - change to clean work clothes provided by employer. Dump it at the end of shift. Come home, take off any clothes I have before entering the house... then after going into house.. take off all the clothes - dump to laundry.. go straight to shower... then come out and Wipe every single thing i touched with Clorox wipe.

I do the same when I go to supermarket and come home.. whatever clothes I wear outside... I come home and dump everything to laundry. If you live in NYC, you have to assume everyone has it and act accordingly.

And the most important thing is have ZERO contact with anyone elderly and vulnerable (ie multiple medical problems). Keep them in a room of a house or get them a separate apartment if you can and stay away from them and keep others away from them. Buy them all the food and essentials for them to not get out for month at a time. Create an absolute bubble around them.

this might sound a bit extreme but u simply do not know how one person will progress if they get infected. Its a number game.
Old April 5, 2020, 06:30 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Praying for everyone. Stay home, stay safe and look after your family
Old April 5, 2020, 07:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

idumb, I am staying indoors with everyone in my family. I only go out once a week if our food supplies at home run low . When I do go out, I wear gloves and masks. Sadly, can't seem to find dettol anywhere!
We have a large number of idiots over here who are ignoring what is happening in neighboring Spain and Italy and are out and about having barbecues and picnics in parks or beaches because of the nice weather.
Old April 7, 2020, 04:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Kenneth Copeland exercises judgement and destroys COVID 19.

Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.
Old April 8, 2020, 01:59 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Trump has apparently pressured Modi to release a lot of hydroxychloroquine under threat of retaliation.

This drug is not even prove to be effective against COVID.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old April 8, 2020, 07:34 AM
Forever Bangy

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
This is what I do:

I exercise complete self quarantine eventhough I am not sick when I am not working. The only reason I go out is for food and i try to minimize it as much as possible. Wear masks (for universal protection - not for me), stay as far as poosible from ppl and try to get out of the store as soon as possible instead of lingering.

I barred anyone from coming to my house. Absolutely no one.

For work days, I go in - change to clean work clothes provided by employer. Dump it at the end of shift. Come home, take off any clothes I have before entering the house... then after going into house.. take off all the clothes - dump to laundry.. go straight to shower... then come out and Wipe every single thing i touched with Clorox wipe.

I do the same when I go to supermarket and come home.. whatever clothes I wear outside... I come home and dump everything to laundry. If you live in NYC, you have to assume everyone has it and act accordingly.

And the most important thing is have ZERO contact with anyone elderly and vulnerable (ie multiple medical problems). Keep them in a room of a house or get them a separate apartment if you can and stay away from them and keep others away from them. Buy them all the food and essentials for them to not get out for month at a time. Create an absolute bubble around them.

this might sound a bit extreme but u simply do not know how one person will progress if they get infected. Its a number game.
I'm glad you're taking these measures. There is no such thing as too extreme with this. Stay safe, Orph. You guys are doing such an amazing job with no help from that buffoon of a President. If I was a praying man, I'd pray for you. Keep updating so we know you're ok.
Old April 8, 2020, 11:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mona
If I was a praying man, I'd pray for you. Keep updating so we know you're ok.
Thank you Mona. Appreciate your post. It means a lot when people reach out to know how I am doing.
I am not really worried much about me as much as I am worried about family and friends around me.

Tough times for everyone. You also please stay safe.
Old April 11, 2020, 12:51 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UN3gAHQLEoM

Pretty ridiculous especially when sanctioned by their respective state governments.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old April 11, 2020, 02:29 PM
Cricket Legend

So, in the British isles, we are trying to be no.1 in the rankings. Approx 1000 are dying everyday while 5000 are getting infected.
Old April 12, 2020, 12:22 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingara
So, in the British isles, we are trying to be no.1 in the rankings. Approx 1000 are dying everyday while 5000 are getting infected.
The way people are taking the threat in BD, very soon your original country may start to give your adopted one a run for it's money.

I am very scared for BD. People are not taking this pandemic seriously enough.

Hoping everyone in this forum is safe and sound. Please stay home if possible and stay safe. The worst may yet to come
Old April 12, 2020, 06:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
The way people are taking the threat in BD, very soon your original country may start to give your adopted one a run for it's money.

I am very scared for BD. People are not taking this pandemic seriously enough.

Hoping everyone in this forum is safe and sound. Please stay home if possible and stay safe. The worst may yet to come
Which one's my original and adopted country ?
Old April 12, 2020, 08:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

I hope everyone is staying safe and doing everything possible to help those in need.

Just wanted to share this so it inspires others to come forward and help those in serious need.

I run a cricket WhatsApp group, we have members from BC exclusively, over 30+. One of the brothers in the group, came up with an idea to collect funds from the members in the group, so that food can be distributed for the less fortunate in time of lockdown in Bangladesh. Alhamduillah, we contributed, and raised £1,000, this equated to feeding 100 family for a week. I know this is not enough, and we need to do more. I am sharing this, only to inspire others to do similar things if you are part of a group.

We were fortunate that we had a brother in Dhaka, who was doing the distribution, buying the items e.g. rice/oil/etc and distributing to those in extreme need. He was also taking high risk, but we mitigated that by getting him full PPE kit. I am thankful to that brother.

my message from this, please do everything possible to help, these are very trying times, but more so for the poor, a lock down for them, can mean dying out of hunger.

Stay safe.

Here is a video link of the good work that was done: https://www.facebook.com/bdcrictime/...8064513201446/
Thanks to the owner of bdcrictime, for making this possible.

Last edited by SportingBD; April 12, 2020 at 08:42 AM..
Old April 12, 2020, 01:21 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Which one's my original and adopted country ?
Was talking about UK and BD in your post's context..sorry I thought you migrated to UK from here. Anyways you get what I was talking about

139 got infected today, 335 already in dhaka..I don't think we would survive here if the numbers start to crunch up 1000+ a day. Last year health system almost broke down with dengue..
Old April 12, 2020, 07:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportingBD
I hope everyone is staying safe and doing everything possible to help those in need.

Just wanted to share this so it inspires others to come forward and help those in serious need.

I run a cricket WhatsApp group, we have members from BC exclusively, over 30+. One of the brothers in the group, came up with an idea to collect funds from the members in the group, so that food can be distributed for the less fortunate in time of lockdown in Bangladesh. Alhamduillah, we contributed, and raised £1,000, this equated to feeding 100 family for a week. I know this is not enough, and we need to do more. I am sharing this, only to inspire others to do similar things if you are part of a group.

We were fortunate that we had a brother in Dhaka, who was doing the distribution, buying the items e.g. rice/oil/etc and distributing to those in extreme need. He was also taking high risk, but we mitigated that by getting him full PPE kit. I am thankful to that brother.

my message from this, please do everything possible to help, these are very trying times, but more so for the poor, a lock down for them, can mean dying out of hunger.

Stay safe.

Here is a video link of the good work that was done: https://www.facebook.com/bdcrictime/...8064513201446/
Bangladesh isn't as poor as you think, you know that right?
Meanwhile in the UK, 1.5m are starving as there's no food.
Old April 12, 2020, 07:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
Was talking about UK and BD in your post's context..sorry I thought you migrated to UK from here. Anyways you get what I was talking about

139 got infected today, 335 already in dhaka..I don't think we would survive here if the numbers start to crunch up 1000+ a day. Last year health system almost broke down with dengue..
Health systems don't really matter.You get ill with the virus and you end up in a hospital and then what ? What's the treatment? Those using a ventilator have a 20% survival rate afaik. If you get it, you are as good as dead.
Old April 13, 2020, 12:17 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

As a people, Bangladeshis are more prone to succumb to this disease. I hope everyone is taking the nesscasry precautions.

In February I was diagnosed with Pnemonia but had all the characteristics of Covid and in Feb Covid tests were only given to those who recently came back from China. While I wouldn't say im a fit individual but I'm can see how this takes out seniors and those who have compromised immune systems.

Even if you're asymptomatic, you can spread it to family members. There has been a lot of loss in the Bangladeshi community here in NY.
Old April 13, 2020, 06:18 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman
As a people, Bangladeshis are more prone to succumb to this disease. I hope everyone is taking the nesscasry precautions.

In February I was diagnosed with Pnemonia but had all the characteristics of Covid and in Feb Covid tests were only given to those who recently came back from China. While I wouldn't say im a fit individual but I'm can see how this takes out seniors and those who have compromised immune systems.

Even if you're asymptomatic, you can spread it to family members. There has been a lot of loss in the Bangladeshi community here in NY.
I am curious about it. I heard similar stories from others too. People are getting diagnosed with pneumonia. Someone I know went through the test twice; negative both times. The second time they said it was pneumonia. Everyone in the family had similar symptoms: coughing fits, breathing problems, chest pain etc. Others couldn't get tested so far.

https://riverheadlocal.com/2020/03/1...his-seriously/

It could be just pneumonia but I find it strange.
Old April 13, 2020, 06:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportingBD

Stay safe.

Great initiative buddy... Wish you guys all the best.
Old April 14, 2020, 12:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman

hope you are feeling better.
Old April 19, 2020, 02:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Religion is our Darth Vader, our Melkor our Sauron.....
খারাপকে ভালোবাসা কি এত কঠিন?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5D9p7Evquk
Old April 20, 2020, 08:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Quote:
Bangladesh isn't as poor as you think, you know that right?
Meanwhile in the UK, 1.5m are starving as there's no food.
You'r right they are poorer
Old April 21, 2020, 05:16 AM
Forever Bangy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow
I am curious about it. I heard similar stories from others too. People are getting diagnosed with pneumonia. Someone I know went through the test twice; negative both times. The second time they said it was pneumonia. Everyone in the family had similar symptoms: coughing fits, breathing problems, chest pain etc. Others couldn't get tested so far.

https://riverheadlocal.com/2020/03/1...his-seriously/

It could be just pneumonia but I find it strange.
I think the false negative rate on the tests can be upto 30% so it's certainly possible they had it and tested negative. In fact the imaging features are more sensitive, however not a confirmatory test.

There are definite clinical differences between a bacterial pneumonia (which is what we usually mean we say pneumonia) which will give you a cough productive of coloured sputum which does not really appear to be the case with SARS-CoV-2 where it is more dry. And pneumonia is usually centred in one lung instead of both and usually you can hear something on examination. And it's not usually contagious - certainly not to multiple family members. So it would be interesting to know if these people diagnosed with 'pneumonia' had these traditional features or not.

Hope everyone is keeping well and sane. I still can't get over the fact that this is happening.
Old April 21, 2020, 09:43 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Georgia, and Tennessee are about to open up. They are not following the CDC, Fauchi, or the President's three phase plan. What will happen? Their Governor said there will be more cases. ???? He didn't mention anything about more deaths.

The problem is about to hit home from two fronts. People from Louisiana escaping to Arkansas and now Tennessee doing this.
Old April 21, 2020, 11:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Georgia, and Tennessee are about to open up. They are not following the CDC, Fauchi, or the President's three phase plan. What will happen? Their Governor said there will be more cases. ???? He didn't mention anything about more deaths.

The problem is about to hit home from two fronts. People from Louisiana escaping to Arkansas and now Tennessee doing this.
Red-necks and Bible belt... cannot expect any different.