facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 26, 2015, 09:01 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

^^^ Apparently it is a big issue.
link...

Tigers reject World Cup jersey

A hiccup marked the beginning of Bangladesh cricket team’s journey to Australia for the ICC World Cup as they were forced to reject the jersey that had been provided to them by the designated vendor. Tex wave, a local clothing company, was assigned to provide five sets of standard jerseys to the team before they head off for Brisbane. The Tigers were shocked to see the jerseys that were given to them just before the team board into the plane. ‘It was not up to the mark and we rejected it,’ team manager Khaled Mahmud told New Age on Saturday. ‘Boys are told to take two sets of jerseys while the company agreed to provide us five new sets of jerseys by January 28,’ said Mahmud. The Tigers left Dhaka for their World Cup campaign on Saturday at 9:00pm.

Old January 26, 2015, 10:03 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
^^^ Apparently it is a big issue.
link...

Tigers reject World Cup jersey

A hiccup marked the beginning of Bangladesh cricket team’s journey to Australia for the ICC World Cup as they were forced to reject the jersey that had been provided to them by the designated vendor. Tex wave, a local clothing company, was assigned to provide five sets of standard jerseys to the team before they head off for Brisbane. The Tigers were shocked to see the jerseys that were given to them just before the team board into the plane. ‘It was not up to the mark and we rejected it,’ team manager Khaled Mahmud told New Age on Saturday. ‘Boys are told to take two sets of jerseys while the company agreed to provide us five new sets of jerseys by January 28,’ said Mahmud. The Tigers left Dhaka for their World Cup campaign on Saturday at 9:00pm.
Bangladesh , a country where professionalism is a myth.
Old January 26, 2015, 10:58 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

So we get new designs? wonder what was wrong with it? I bet it has to do with the name and numbers. I guess they were ironed on at last min instead of printed on. SMH. Good thing Pilot caught em.
Old January 26, 2015, 12:39 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Porterfield,Mushy,Rogers

^^^^^^

wooooooooo hold on there a second.

Are you telling me that ISNT a parody article???? The hell????!!!!

Sorry but this doesnt exactly help the "pampered celebrities" image your team sometimes has
Old January 26, 2015, 01:30 PM
Cricket Legend

LOL. How much you wana bet the next one is going to be worse but they accept it as better..
Old January 26, 2015, 01:42 PM

BCB, once again proved that they lack professionalism. They can't even provide jerseys to the players!

Ah! My "Digital" Bangladesh!!
Old January 26, 2015, 01:49 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

No wonder players weren't happy when i saw the footage of them taking the kits away from bcb. Lol
Old January 26, 2015, 01:49 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Don't think they are getting a new design. They will get different sets as the quality of the jerseys that were delivered was not up to the mark.
Old January 26, 2015, 03:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Hayre BCB.. bunch of loosers.

http://www.priyo.com/2015/01/26/130122.html
Old January 26, 2015, 07:48 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I don't get this whole "shundorbon" bit. How or why would any non-Bengali people get that? Heck they don't even know what shundorbon is. I know what it is, and I don't see the connection.

There's a Good Chance Your World Cup Jersey Was Made in Bangladesh. I read this during FIFA WC. And that just makes us even more
Old January 26, 2015, 10:28 PM
ODI Cricketer

man whoever makes/designs this stuff is just trying wayy too hard. just keep it simple.
Old January 27, 2015, 02:23 AM
Club Cricketer

Seems like contradictions going on whether there was a tender for the kit and another blame game. Yet another embarrassing chapter for the BCB:

"Clothing maker Texweave has promised to send a new set of jerseys to the Bangladesh cricket team in Australia, in a day or two, after the Bangladesh Cricket Board returned their initial supply.
The Tigers were left with no choice but to take two sets of defective jerseys when they took seat on the Australia-bound flight on Friday.
Texweave was supposed to supply the team five sets of jersey, which they did on January 22, but many of them were revealed to be faulty no sooner the players opened them before their flight.
Many jerseys had their collar misplaced while in most cases they were also found to be undersize or oversize.
The team management immediately rejected the jerseys and asked Texweave to supply them with fresh jerseys by January 28.
The incident created uproar in BCB, triggering a blame game with officials holding responsible one another for linking the company with the orgnaisation.
Texweave officials said they also supplied jerseys to the Bangladesh cricket team during the ICC World Twenty20 but did not receive any complaint.
‘We supplied the national team their jerseys for the World Twenty20, but at that time it was fine,’ said Ashikur Rahman, the managing director of the company.
‘This time only a handful of jerseys had problems with the collars. We promised the BCB to replace them,’ he said.
Ashikur claimed they maintained all procedures before getting the work order from the BCB.
Shejan Lincon, the executive designer of the company, admitted that they did not participate in any tender and supplied the jerseys as per the requirement of the BCB.
‘The BCB gave us a requisition and accordingly we submitted them four designs. Finally, they selected one design for the World Cup,’ he said.
Lincon said they were given the work order for supplying 1,056 pieces of jerseys and only 70 of them had problems.
‘It all happened because we had to work in a hurry. Officially, we were given the work order on January 9 and we had to supply them on January 21. The supply was delayed by just one day,’ he said.
When asked about the undersized and oversized jerseys, Lincon said the problem arose because of packaging.
‘We gave jerseys in separate boxes to each player. As we had to work in a hurry, some of them were misplaced. We have already sorted out the problems,’ he said.
Former national captain Akram Khan, who is said to have introduced the company to the BCB before the World Twenty20, said he was not involved with the work order this time.
‘I don’t know how they received the work order. It was a decision of tender and purchase committee and I was not involved with that,’ he said.
No official of the tender and purchase committee was available for comment. "
(http://newagebd.net/89717/bcb-in-a-s....mX3aheEX.dpbs)
Old January 27, 2015, 03:46 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

^ LOL that guy whining about not getting a compliment from last time. Really? You don't get a pat on the back for doing your job properly. You're already getting paid. I highly doubt it was "only" 70 jerseys that had issue. Plus BCB's fault too for ordering so late. In the mean time the poor workers will lose job for both parties lack of professionalism.

And we finally got a name! Of course it's Akram chachu who gets the commissions for picking these guys. Before it was someone else. So they all take a turn picking their own connections.
Old January 27, 2015, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
^ LOL that guy whining about not getting a compliment from last time. Really? You don't get a pat on the back for doing your job properly. You're already getting paid. I highly doubt it was "only" 70 jerseys that had issue. Plus BCB's fault too for ordering so late. In the mean time the poor workers will lose job for both parties lack of professionalism.

And we finally got a name! Of course it's Akram chachu who gets the commissions for picking these guys. Before it was someone else. So they all take a turn picking their own connections.
BCB wants to make sure everybody gets their equal share of...
Old January 28, 2015, 02:43 AM
Club Cricketer

We always wished we had ex-players in the BCB set up instead of guys who had no idea about cricket, but seems loading up the BCB with ex-players, doesn't necessarily make a difference.

A few years back, I was at the Bangladesh A' Team vs South Africa match at New Road, Worcestershire (who were both touring England). Dujoy was there, and if I correctly remember, he was a selector at the time. However, half way through the match, he left as he needed to head back to London to pick up his wife from the airport.

I'm not saying, his wife can't come over during the Bangladesh A' tour, but could he not organise her flight so not to clash with the tour schedule especially on the day of a match. You're not going to get a chance to always play a full South Africa team, so as a selector, it would of seemed wise for him to stay for the whole match and watch our boys. This to me summed up how seriously they take their roles and the lack of professionalism running through the BCB.
Old January 28, 2015, 02:58 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

Does anyone know if this in the market yet to buy or whether it is even going to be?
Old February 8, 2015, 10:42 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Jersey of U19 WC last year. I actually like it. Is it me or everyone thinks recent U19 team jersey looks a lot better than the Nats one?
Old February 8, 2015, 12:10 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Jersey available for purchase!
https://www.facebook.com/EuropeanSportsShop?ref=br_tf

Just ordered mine to be shipped to Toronto. Very good customer service and reasonable shipping price.
Saw the review in the page and they were all good and my friend purchased it as well and said the quality is amazing.

will upload a pic once i receive it!
Old February 27, 2015, 09:52 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mash, Mushy

Sorry for restoring a dead thread, but the 1999 WC jersey was professionally made by Asics (Asics made kits for all participating nations for the 1999 world cup). Asics is a Japanese sports equipment company, who are currently manufacturing kits for the Australian national team.

2003 and 2007 WC jerseys were also professionally made by AJ Cricket and Ihsan respectively, both of these companies were primarily cricket equipment manufacturers, and in the end we got reasonably high quality kits.

However, after 2007 WC, BCB has been directly contacting local clothing and garments companies to design and manufacture jerseys for Bangladesh- maybe it is slightly more profitable for BCB this way? However, now we are getting poorly manufactured jerseys as a result. Two times jerseys were rejected by the Bangladesh Cricket before the start of World T20 and now before the start of 2015 WC because they were defective,.

And since a local garments company makes Bangladesh jerseys instead of a international kit manufacturer, the Official Bangladesh jerseys are not available for sale online/ in store either. Only replicas that closely resemble the official jersey is available for sale. I hope that BCB will continue partnership with a professional jersey manufacturer in the near future.. Joma (from Spain) started manufacturing cricket jerseys very recently. They partnered with West Indies. Who knows, if they think of expanding their market for cricketing products, maybe Bangladesh will attract their attention

Btw did anyone else notice the new supply of cricket jerseys the Tigers got slightly different? It is a lighter shade of green and the tiger watermark is now in golden. I liked the original/ older version better though. Here is a comparison